Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Un-Common Guard

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay stood by one of the windows of her office, waiting with a cup of tea in hand. Days earlier, [member="Keira Verd"] had offered her her services, an offer that she felt honoured to have. Deep down she knew that she'd need the woman's help. And soon.

However she didn't expect it to be this soon.

But now was the time. The Sith were distracted with invasions, so now Kay was clear to act against the blockade, to strike at it through various means and put an end to it. Other parts of her plan were being played out, the different pieces were getting in place. She just needed to hash out a few details first before getting out there.

Would her Ministers agree? Would her family? Probably not. But no one was around to advise her otherwise. Every hour, every minute that she did nothing, she was losing.

Soon they would all learn that she won't be backed into a corner.

If you asked her why she'd made the offer, Keira wouldn't have a straightforward answer. A large part of it was fueled by her innate hatred for the Sith and all they stood for, there was no doubting that, especially after how she'd spoken out in direct opposition to the Mand'alor's affirmation concerning the emperor. Another aspect spoke directly to the loyalty she felt towards the Sole Ruler, as she knew the Queen was family. The last of it, well, even she couldn't quite pin it down. Perhaps it was her want for a fight that pushed her to the front lines, or maybe she was just doing her part to ensure a future for her people, clan, and their allies. Regardless of what drove her, she was once again on Commenor, her intentions this time less concerned with diplomacy and more so with direct action.

Her full arsenal was on her person, though she forewent her helmet even before setting foot on world, leaving it clipped at her belt. It was a sign of friendship and letting her guard down, and if nothing else served to quell the nerves of the populace at the idea of Mandalorians arriving yet again. Her entrance into the office was far more subdued than it had been when last she was here, and she offered no formal salute, though still bowed her head out of respect to the other woman's station. Her sentiment towards the Commenori was somewhere between that of the Sole Ruler's closeness and her brother's ultimate lack of concern for those outside of their people.

"It's too bad we can't meet under different circumstances. I hear you're in the business of breaking blockades."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay turned as soon as she heard [member="Keira Verd"] step into her office. She approached, setting her tea cup down and her desk and bowed her head in return to her guest.

"Indeed I am. And I'm going to need your help."

She directed Keira over to her coffee table and turned on a holo-display of a map showing CSA territory, the Core and the hyperlanes connecting them. "There are two routes intersecting our systems. I'm purchasing decoy vessels to run through them. Some I plan on having empty, but others...others will have a few surprises; some of which will be mercs and explosives to thwart the boarding parties. And while that's going on, I have old hyperspace routes already cleared for transport. Those will be where my real cargo and refugees will go. Those Sith pirates will be hit hard and fast, and not by my own people. I want them kept out of it. If Carnifex can lash out at me while negotiations have stalled, I'm going to do the same to him. I won't take this sitting down anymore."

She was tired of being bullied by him and some others that believed her to be a pushover just because of her neutral stance and pacifism. The Commenori stay home to protect their home. But that didn't mean that she couldn't hire outside sources.

For a moment she studied the map, quietly pensive as the plan was laid out. "I have no problems with killing Sith. I'm assuming we're operating on the premise of no survivors." It was what would be easiest for them both, but Keira would stay her hand if it was requested, despite her personal sentiments. At first glance this was a typical job to undertake, and no different than the other mercenary work she'd done throughout the years. However, the fact that the Sith she would be facing down would be sent directly by the Sith Emperor himself changed matters, but it didn't sway her any. She'd faced down Carnifex on the battlefield before, killing a few of his lackeys would be a pleasure.

"You say pirates, but I'm assuming you mean he'll be sending trained students after us. Carnifex isn't happy when things don't go his way. Hopefully he doesn't send anything worse after Commenor in the meantime." Her people had something of a personal stake when it came to the well-being of the Commenori, but for her this was mostly just business. She hated seeing anyone fall to the Sith, least of all those allies of Mandalore that still remained after the politics took their course.

"Are you anticipating any other retaliation? Any attacks closer to home? You and your people need to be protected here as well."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom