Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Un-Common Company for Tea

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Everywhere that Kay went within the Royal Palace, she was followed. Not only were there guards assigned to her 'for her safety and well being', but every hallway and room were monitored in some manner. She hadn't tested it, but she was certain that the secret passageways and tunnels were also compromised, all in thanks to [member="Mythos"] and his betrayal which led to not only her capture, but also to the current occupation that Commenor was under.

What was left of her staff rarely spoke to her, their eyes always cast downwards as though they were afraid to make any sudden moves or say anything wrong. Even Olivia kept more to herself. However her eyes gave the tell-tale signs of one that was calculating, rather than of one that was being submissive. But for the moment the lady didn't see much of the Queen. That would all happen in time.

Kay sat in one of the comfy chairs in her office, a cup of tea cradled in her hand and her new datapad in the other. It had the Sith Imperial logo engraved on it and was stock full of propaganda. But at least some of the mystery holo-novels that she enjoyed were cleared for her to be able to read. And so that was what she was doing while she was biding her time.

The events of Commenor's final stand had left quite the taste to the air.

Drenched in fear, resentment, the peaceful world felt not unlike Korriban in its prime, though far more palatable than the dry desert air. Quite a delicacy if she had to admit it, and perhaps one of the best things to come from the battle. Perhaps the only genuine good. Oh there was no doubt to the reborn Songstress, she knew if not here, somewhere, the once King was planning, plotting, alongside the Ministry and the citizens of Commenor. They hadn't been thoroughly crushed, nor demoralized. In fact, she dare thought they might be... emboldened.

Now wasn't that familiar?

The woman felt her lips curl into a sickly sweet smile, her footsteps muffled in a silent, practiced gait as she stalked the corridors. Even though her regalia and cape were quite, bright, it felt refreshing to be so garishly out of place and yet invisible to the eyes and the mind. Her presence was concealed, and with light bending around her it was impossible to directly look at her and see the person, unless you were quite observant at least. Not that anyone present had reason to care... at this point it was a mere exercise to test her limits once more.

And so, she gently found her way into the minds of the office guards, easing them to lapse in attention, for her own amusement, and slipped inside Kay's office. [member="Lady Kay"], the woman that once shared a cup of tea with her before her power, and some of her sanity, had restored itself. What irony to meet her again, once Kay's power was diminished?

Regardless of if she said anything, Kay would know that it was wrong for the door to be opened so unceremoniously, and closed so gently. So once within, she dropped her Force Cloak, revealing her form in all its ornate beauty. "My my, how we have grown my dear."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

And [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] was correct. She did know that it was wrong for her door to open and close without anyone there. She looked up from her datapad and wondered what game was being played on her this time. Her eyes darted to the guards in her room that seemed to haven't noticed anything at all.

Her attention then returned back to the doorway as Ariealla dropped her cloak, revealling herself. It nearly caused Kay to drop her tea! Nearly. The datapad was dropped however as it wasn't nearly as dear to her as her tea was.

"I....suppose...that I have. What are you doing here, if I may ask?" The last time that they had seen eachother was well before she had met her husband. Kay had felt as though she was prey back then. Whether or not that has changed, she didn't know.

"Whoop, careful, those are dreadfully expensive." The datapad was caught by the woman's grip with the Force, gently moving to the desk safely. The amount of time between dropping the datapad, and catching it before it crashed to solid ground, was quite limited. A small display to cue [member="Lady Kay"] to the state of affairs. She was not the weakling she had been so very long ago.

"Why, I believe we never finished that cup of tea now did we, Queen Arenais?" The sweet smile never left her face, as she strode over, taking a seat opposite of her. The purple fabric resting over her shoulders seemed to neatly fold against the ground, as she rested her elbow on the chair, and her cheek on her fist. "And it was such a delightful cup, would be a shame not to finish it, would it not?"

Kay-Larr

Kay watched the small display of power as [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] caught the datapad. Combined with her ability to cloak herself, she knew that she was dealing with a different kind of animal now. One that had found her skills.

She studied her as she sat down, watching her every move. As her guards made no move to confront Ariella for her unscheduled intrusion, it was safe to assume that she was working for the occupiers.

"A real shame, indeed." Kay set down her tea on the coffee table and then headed over to her side table to prepare her guest some tea. "So....what have you been up to since our last parting?"

"Oh, a bit of this, a bit of that. As the Heiress to my mother's lineage, it was my duty and pleasure to become what sits before you now, I'm sure you can feel it can you not? Even a force deaf child could tell it at a glance, what it is I have become." In power, if not in name at least. Yes, many near sleepless months had been spent pouring over tomes, meditating, growing. Having spent enough time on Katarr was enough to propel her return forwards, shortening the timeframe rather pleasingly. Such bastions of darkness were like soft quilts to the Sith...

"Though not nearly as much as you, Arenais. Queen, ruler of worlds, and now fallen so low. It reminds me of many an ancient tragedy..." She gave a soft chuckle, her indigo eyes locking on the Queen's form. "The kind of plays, I mean. I assume one of your station has spent time within such theater, and not solely the theater of politics. Would I be mistaken?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay glanced over to [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] while she continued to prepare the tea, crumpling the dry leaves into the cup and adding the boiled water."Well you've certainly got more confidence around you.
And your cape is...very fashionable. It suits you."

She carried the cup over to Ariealla and held it out for her. "I've not...fallen so low. I am still Queen, although my duties have been diminished. I'm sure that that will change in time." One way or another.

Kay retook her seat and gathered her own cup once the other was taken, cradling hers in her hands that were placed on her lap. "We have a wonderful dramatic arts program at the University of Eight.
I've gone to quite a few of their plays. And yes, some were tragic and similar in nature. Though most didn't have a happy ending."
And by the Force she had hoped that hers did.

"Doesn't it so? I find it quite warm, making the nights tolerable despite my cold heart." She chuckled and took the cup of tea, giving [member="Lady Kay"] time to retake her seat before she sipped the hot liquid. "Oh I would disagree. A queen in name with no power to enact her will, that is hardly any better than a fly in a spider's web. Struggle all you may, at the present time you have naught with which to escape the fangs of the spiders overhead."

She finally moved a bit, sitting upright in her seat. "Unhappy endings indeed... I, for one, quite like a tragedy. The fall from grace, arrogance, hubris, there is a certain beauty in such a fall. The failures of one to act, to pay attention to the winds of reality... there is certainly much to learn from a good tragedy." She shifted her seating, crossing one leg over the other, filling the silent void with the shifting of garment to mask the awkward quiet.

"In particular, the fall of Kings and Emperors are my favorite, the treachery and deceit, it truly is a joy to watch unfold. Though I should not dominate our conversation so greatly... perhaps you have a favorite to share?"

Kay-Larr

Kay frowned a little as [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] pointed out the trap that she was in. She was a bird in a cage. A puppet on strings. And there was little that could be done about that. For now. Yet even her captors made it clear that they expected her to rebel in the future. So it made her wonder what they had in mind to counter it.

She sipped her tea while she studied the woman. At least Ariealla wasn't being overbearing like most had been. Kay felt almost like she could be herself around her. But given the betrayals that she has already been faced with, she wasn't about to give her enough trust straight away.

"Such plays tend to have a moral to the story. Though my favourites involve mysteries. I'm not entirely certain why. Maybe there's some kind of fascination with being able to figure it out before the end. I'm not sure. But it helps to take my mind off my own issues."

"Oft that moral is of hubris, arrogance. A lesson many a Jedi and Sith have forgotten time and again. 'Tis an odd thing, that those who wield truly cosmic power forget the simplest of lessons. Wouldn't you agree?" The corner of her lips curled into a smile as she took a sip of the tea. Mysteries, she said? What a coincidence, Ariealla herself shared such an interest with [member="Lady Kay"], though for different reasons. She read such things for the lessons on hiding secrets, rather than revealing them... though she would hardly say as much to her, "Well, you are alive, as are your husband and children. Hardly a thing to worry about, I'm certain they will return to you within time. Were they not to, they hardly would be your family. And your husband seems one to keep to his oaths to a fault, from experience."

Yes, imply they had properly met. They hadn't, Ariealla had lied to the King about everything, but it was a delightful time regardless. "I'm always fond of a good mystery... on occasion I keep meticulous notes. Especially during unusual meetings, within the story. Such things often play a role in future events after all... do you keep notes yourself? If you don't it might be a good idea to start... you never know what you'd learn looking back after all."

Kay-Larr

Maybe Kay was too arrogant, always believing that her neutrality had kept her safe, and that after many years she was no longer being targeted by Prazutis. But she was wrong. And no doubt it was just to keep her niece in line and under their control. Otherwise she'd of surely been tortured again.

Instead she was just humiliated and emotionaly abused.

She shook her head as [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] stated that her husband and children would come to her in time. "I don't want them to come until after the occupation is over and the treaty is destroyed.
It's not safe for them otherwise..."
Whether or not such a time would come, she didn't know. But she would rather them be free than to be in the same position as she was.

Kay raised a brow as Ariealla asked her about keeping notes. She sipped her tea as she thought about it for a moment. "I don't often keep notes, no. And everything I do write whether it be on paper or datapad, it's all checked over.
There are some that believe that I am working on a means of escape, or will in the future..."
And she left it at that. There was no need for her remark as to whether or not she was plotting or going to plot an escape. All in good time. She was still trying to get a proper sense of her situation. It had only been a couple of days since her return. And there was no set routine yet.

"Want it or not, that is not your choice to make my dear Queen. This is their home, there is no doubt even should you submit they will fight on... though you've yet to do so in your heart. Just as your will is unbroken so will they come, not tomorrow, not the next day, but eventually come they will. You should be ready for that eventuality. Force knows we Sith are." And she too, left it at that. There was no need to elaborate, [member="Lady Kay"] would understand her point well. Sith had plans, should any of the wanted arrive. They always had plans.

"Well, surely there would be no harm in keeping notes for a book, now would there? Or a list of plays to see... such things are rather benign, wouldn't you agree? After all, Sith may tend to be paranoid creatures, but we aren't foolish enough to lose track of the narrative."

Kay-Larr

Kay frowned ever so slightly. [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] was right. Her family will come eventually. Whether it be to free Commenor or herself, they would come all the same. She could tell them not to, but they could be as stubborn as she was.

She sipped her tea and then thought about the concept of taking notes and writing them on books. Her shelves carried many tomes, but she wasn't sure if she'd write on them, not even on the margins. Perhaps on paper would work and maybe tucking them in amongst the pages.

"Well perhaps we could compile a list of plays and books that we could share? I'm sure that you have your favourites just like I do."

"Indeed we could, I dare say we should. Expanding your horizons is important to being a well rounded woman, in fact I believe I know where you could begin... there is a delightful little tragedy, The King's Attendant I believe, or some similar name. I believe recent events will ring particularly true, considering the state of the Senate building." A not to subtle nod to the betrayal she'd suffered, and the consequences there of. A bitter memory, no doubt, that would leave a sour taste in her mouth.

She gave her time to respond, sipping her tea quietly. "This tea is quite delightful... you are quite talented at making it, aren't you?" As though she hadn't insulted her, albeit indirectly.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay chewed the inside of her cheek a little. She didn't really want to read materials that were a reminder of the evils that had transpired here. But there were lessons to be learned, surely.

"The Senate is gone, and now being replaced by an abomination. One that I hope won't last long. Commenor is no place for religious cults. Most especially by a self-proclaimed god that is really no different than any other Force user. His antics are surely to divide people, rather than to unite them. I know the fear of Force users well enough. I know what they can do."

She tucked her feet underneath her, nodding to the remark that [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] gave in regards to the tea. "Thank you. One can say that I've had a lot of practice making it. I could do so while blindfolded easily."

The rather well maintained air of grace Ariealla had been holding for [member="Lady Kay"] visibly soured at the mention of what was to become of the former senate. "I was never fond of such gaudy forms of worship. My family may idolize my ancestor, but I would argue it to be... tasteful. Religious cults with extravagance and so plain an idol are unfit for existence." How odd. She herself had created the cult that had been her family, sheep to slaughter as she needed throughout time. Yet here she was, condemning a man for a rather similar course... funny that.

"Blindfolded? Now isn't that something. I doubt many can attest to being capable of such a feat, to do anything blindfolded I mean. Sight is such a valuable sense..." She shifted her seating, crossing her legs over in the opposite way as she interrupted herself with another sip of tea. "... Tell me, are there any other hidden talents of yours? A musician perhaps? Or a secret pen name for authoring your own stories?"

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded in agreement. "I don't want it here, and it certainly wasn't listed out in the treaty. The Sith Empire doesn't like slavery, yet this cult leader does, so it was obviously something added without proper authorization. Maybe the construction of it could be sabotaged? At least untilI get it stoped through my Overseers."

She pondered over [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] 's question of any other hidden talents. Hmmm. "I've sang a few times. So I suppose that could be one talent. Also I can cook a bantha steak very well, whether it be in a ban or over a fire."

"Perhaps I will have to flex my muscles again. Make sure we don't have any heresy, so to speak, on our planet. If their message stands in opposition to the Sith's, well, we can't stand for that can we? At the very least we ought to keep an eye and ear with them." Was she threatening the Queen? The man building? Or making a promise? Oh how she loved these political games, poor as she may be at them. Never a dull sentence.

"Oh? Singing and cooking, valuable skills I would say. Perhaps some time we can arrange to enjoy both, mm? Figurehead or not, 'twould be a shame if you were unable to enjoy what privileges a title as yours ought to bestow."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay frowned a little. That was the trouble with the cult. It wasn't in opposition with the Sith, but for them. If she were to join like Mythos had wanted, then she'd be tasked to enforce the Sith Emperor's will. And she didn't want to do that. "I'd rather them not be here to begin with..."

She shook her head a little at [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] 's suggestion that Kay sing for them. "Maybe just the cooking. Singing is for celebration and right now, this isn't a time for that." Many were in mourning over Munto City; Kay especially. This occupation wasn't something that people could so easily accept. Most especially for her as she looked for some way out of it for her people.

"Not all songs are of celebration, and not all celebrations are joyful. There are songs meant to mourn, and songs meant to celebrate life as it joins the Force. These things are not unheard of, though I understand your sentiments. The loss of Munto rings in a way even I find troubling." She sighed quietly, sitting back a bit. "Nasty business that was. I would have preferred to reach your surrender through negotiations, blackmail you might put it but, negotiations none the less."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom