Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Umbara Now, Umbara Forever [ATTN: Equa Dominator]

Umbarans/Invite Only

UMBARA SYSTEM, UMBARA
CAPITAL BUILDING, SAGDARA

Since the dawn of united civilization on the planet, Umbara had been ruled by a council of representatives from the families that made up the highest of the Umbaran castes. This council had been dissolved without warning when some Jedi-backed mongrel calling himself @[member="Equa Dominator"] struck some sort of deal that put the planet in his hands. Tyrin was not going to be having any of that. Umbara ruled by a single man? A Jedi? This was of the highest caliber of unacceptable as could be imagined. Despite being retired for all intents and purposes, Tyrin was not about to be comfortable in his retirement knowing that his beloved home world was being lorded over by a mere Jedi. A Jedi could not govern Umbara.

The doors to the capital building were flung open by a massive Force Push that originated from Tyrin, allowing him to lead dozens of Umbaran militiamen into the building. These soldiers were separate to the Republic armed forces, instead being in the employ of the houses that would soon make up the reformed Umbaran High Council. The Rootai would rule again, just as it always had and always should. This would be more a formality than anything. Equa Dominator hardly ever made his presence on the planet known.

Tyrin entered the circular council chambers, militiamen fanning out behind him. His brother, @[member="Neilo Ardik"], had assumed control of Umbara's paltry defense fleet. If there were any hair-brained loyalists to this nobody, they would find themselves outgunned before they understood what was happening. The lights flickered on as a separate team activated power to the facility. Tyrin strode to the center of the floor, ordering the technicians present to begin broadcasting. Umbara's emergency broadcast system went online, cutting out whatever the unwashed plebians of Umbara were watching and replacing it with a live feed of a ragged, old Tyrin Ardik who looked absolutely nothing like the Sith Emperor who had recently been deposed.

"As of now, Umbara will return to its previous system of government." He announced plainly. "The Umbaran High Council will be reformed. As before, those families of the Rootai Caste will comprise the membership body of the council. The council will expand and contract in accordance to families ascending to and falling out of the Rootai Caste, as is tradition. Current members of the Rootai Caste include House Abel, House Acris, House Auas, House..."

Tyrin trailed off as he began listing the dozens of Houses that made up the Rootai Caste. Ardik would fall in there somewhere, especially considering the House's role in this transition.

Neilo Ardik

N
The simple and foolish thought of a single man ruling Umbara was idiotic, brainless, and utterly disgusting. The High Admiral of the Confederacy had recieved word of the Rootai being overthrown by a single man, a Jedi at that, and immediately acted. With quick haste, the High Admiral boarded his private recreational ship to his homeworld in order to dissect the situation. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. This just will not do. I refuse to stand as my people are being ruled by some .. republic loving, jedi pushing jessabelle!" Admiral Neilo yelled out as he disembarked from his ship. Neil was led by some Rootai-loyalists to where the Umbaran emergency defense fleet. "It's not much but, as most proper tacticians, I will make do with what I have been given. Order everyone with a brain to their stations." Neilo ordered to an Umbaran. Whoever this Jedi was, he was sure to taste the wrath of true Umbara soon enough.

Neilo made his way to the ship's bridge when his notorious brother, @[member="Tyrin Ardik"], made the announcement. Neilo sat in the captain's chair and leaned forward, fingers steepled as he listened to his brother's words. "He was always one to make everything a spectacle." Neilo said to himself as the broadcast dissipated. The Umbaran fleet was nearing completion of preparations. Soon, Umbara would return to what it once was.

@[member="Equa Dominator"]

Ava Solborne

A
@[member="Tyrin Ardik"] @[member="Neilo Ardik"]

Equa Dominator was on a ship. He had started from Coruscant and now he was going towards his home planet... Umbara. Long time had passed since he was on Umbara last time. But now... he decided to come back. He knew the people of Umbara miss him... or not... It was completely their decision. He had left the ruling hand to a council of people, because ruling Umbara from Coruscant was nonsense. He knew people won't like being ruled by someone who almost never comes back to Umbara, so that's why his first statement as the Master of Umbara was: "I shall not be the only person who has the power to rule Umbara." Now... he wanted to see, if everything is okay.

The ship was one of the best ones he had ever used... But of course the amount of ships he had used was not very huge... And technically he didn't control the ship, he didn't use it, so maybe his thought were a bit odd...

When the ship landed on Umbara and Equa started leaving the ship, he noticed the ship's driver turning on a holocron. The driver hadn't expected for anything bad to appear... But it did. A rebellion. A revolution, possibly. They were broadcasting a revolution. Against Equa. The Jedi Knight became really angry. He became furious, he was full of rage... Why would someone try to overthrow him like that? He was sure there could be more diplomatic or... politcal... or whatever ways to do it. But they had basically organized a revolution.

Equa heard the rebellion's leader saying: "As of now, Umbara will return to its previous system of government. The Umbaran High Council will be reformed. As before, those families of the Rootai Caste will comprise the membership body of the council. The council will expand and contract in accordance to families ascending to and falling out of the Rootai Caste, as is tradition. Current members of the Rootai Caste include House Abel, House Acris, House Auas, House..."

Equa hurried out of the ship... He was only a few hundred metres away from the rebellion.

---

OOC: But what is a Skirmish after all? Sorry for the dumb question, but...

@[member="Equa Dominator"] | @[member="Neilo Ardik"]

(( It means there'll probably be a small-scale fight at one point or another. ))

"...House Zule, and House Zyik." Tyrin finally finished, clasping his hands behind his back. "Effective immediately, all regional governments will return to answering to the Rootai Council. In the wake of Senator Yui Deechi's death during the terrorist attack on Coruscant, a new Senator will be appointed by the Rootai Council. It has been decided, in a prior-meeting of the Rootai Council, that Umbara will remain a member of the Republic."

Order would be restored to this planet. With the militia on land answering to Tyrin and the militia in space answering to Neilo, there would be little room to question the legitimacy of this exchange of power. The Rootai had governed Umbara for centuries prior to Equa Dominator's existence, and even that of his great grandparents. His rule was unlawful and, furthermore, unbecoming of a Jedi. It was time for a return to normalcy.

There was no fighting in the streets, no signs of internal struggle. Why would there be? There was no one for the militia to fight. Their employers, the men and women who held sway over almost every facet of life on Umbara were the perpetrators of this transition.

Neilo Ardik

N
Neilo sat in the Captain's char, sipping a tall glass of rum, when the pretender's ship approached. "Ah, it is time. Begin take of. We must ensure he has no ways of escaping." Neilo ordered. The few frigates and cruisers of the Umbraran emergency defense fleet took off into the sky, eventually reaching space. From there, Neilo ordered each ship to proper positions. "Now, I want the entire fleet hovering over the capital city. The fool does not leave without my say-so, do you understand?!" Neilo barked at the officers. "Yes sir!" they replied. This order was then relayed to the rest of the fleet as they began to take intercept formations over the capital city. "Jam any communications from leaving, as well. I don't want this fool bringing any friends to the party." Neilo said calmly before taking another sip of his drink. The veteran Umbaran was no stiff when it came to matters such as this. Being the High Admiral of the Confederacy means he had to deal with faulty governments all the time. Hopefully, @[member="Tyrin Ardik"], will be able to squash the situation post haste.

Ava Solborne

A
@[member="Tyrin Ardik"] @[member="Neilo Ardik"]

OOC: That's what I thought... Thank you!

---

Equa knew walking into the people would've been a mistake. So he decided to wait there a bit and listen to the man. Well, like it seemed, he had already started doing something... Come one... if you want to overthrow someone, then do it like a diplomat... or like a man, Equa thought. He was really angry, but tried to hide it. He took a few more seconds to make the fury go away. And it did disappear. He made a protection bubble around himself. It was a strong one. Stronger, than Equa had ever made before... well, most of the times, the bubble was really weak. But this time he felt like the bubble can protect him from most of the attacks made with blasters. But he had to be careful. Maybe there were other types of weapons, too...

He entered the mass of people and started walking towards the man. He was quite far away, so it took a long time for Equa to reach him. On the way, he pushed many people out of the way. If you think he did it brutally, then you are wrong... he did it gently and most of the times, he even said: "Sorry!" or "May I?" He had got so adapted to good manners and being gentle, that he tried to be gentle even now, when he was in a place where most of the people were not even strong enough to stand against him. Maybe he tried to be a good ruler? But who could be a good leader when someone tries to overthrow you?

There was hardly any crowd for Equa to push through on his way to confront Tyrin, seeing as the spacious Council Chambers were hardly even close to maximum or even half-capacity with simply Tyrin and the militiamen being the only occupants. However he found his way into the secured building was irrelevant at this point. What was relevant was that Tyrin didn't actually recognize Equa for who he was. Despite his machinations against the man, he had never bothered to see what he looked like. Seeing as he was gone for so long, it was mostly irrelevant. All Tyrin knew was that the man was Umbaran and that he was a Jedi of some moderate skill.

Tyrin gestured for the broadcast to be cut as Dominator stormed in. Tyrin cocked an eyebrow as he watched him.

"What's a human doing here?" He asked, only then registering Equa's distinct light side aura. "Oh. You're a Jedi. I assure you, good Sir Knight, this is a perfectly legal transition from an unlawful dictatorship. The populace will approve, you'll see."

Tyrin had kept his powerful presence in the Dark Side completely obfuscated since he had moved back to Umbara. By now, it was almost second nature to keep it repressed like it was.

Ava Solborne

A
OOC: I should learn to read more carefully... *facepalms for being so dumb*

---

"Well... let me see, what you are doing..." Equa said as he stopped near the man (@[member="Tyrin Ardik"]). He looked around. In the inside, he felt really awkward and he was afraid the man might even succeed. But he didn't show it out... Instead, he raised and eyebrow and made a facial expression which should have meant something like "impressive". "I suppose we don't even have to start asking the stupid questions, so let's get directly to the most important part. Why?" The protection bubble became more powerful. He felt like he should protect himself even more. Then he looked at the man again and waited for the answer. "In the Senate, people have a thing called "Vote of No Confidence". But what is going on here... a person starts a rebellion... This is not something the Republic will approve. Don't you even try to argue against me in this topic, because we both know this thing which is happening here does not follow the ideals of a great, successful world."

He wasn't very angry when he said that. He was calm during some parts of it, but most of the time, he still continued the "impressive" style. He knew rage will only make the man automatically a winner. And after all, it wasn't a Jedi way. He should've forgotten rage and anger... It was a thing Jedi didn't need.

"Please. Calling it a rebellion implies that there will be fighting in the streets. That there will be some sort of armed uprising pitting one side against the other." Tyrin gave a contemptuous snort, as he had done dozens of times before in occasions of varying degrees of importance. "The truth of the matter is, there is only one tangible side. The other side exists only in name. This is hardly a revolution, or even a revolt. It is a transition. There is no Umbaran Senate, nor would the people of Umbara waste their time with such a frivolous thing as a 'vote of no confidence.' Please don't implicate the ideals of the Republic where they are unwanted. Umbara may be represented in the senate, may pay the dues of Republic membership, but it governs itself. As it always has."

"Umbara has always been a great, successful world. Even when under the 'leadership' of the imbecile currently being ousted. This is a return to the previous system of government. The same system that Umbara had been governed under for thousands of years before. No one individual has ever ruled this world. Such a task has always fallen to the Rootai Caste. If there is something the Republic will not approve of, it is one of their order using cunning and deceit to assume control of an entire planet, ousting the former government that did not need to be ousted."

Tyrin regarded Equa for a few moments, a sneer forming on his face. "And if there is another thing they will disprove of, it is another of their order defending the unlawful actions of such a man."

Ava Solborne

A
@[member="Tyrin Ardik"]

"You know, that there is one flaw in the system... Of course there are actually many, but... there is something totally wrong. If only the Rootai Caste can rule the planet, then... what do the lesser have to do? You are not giving them the chance to have a normal life. And that's what's wrong with this government. I made an order... to create a council which will rule as long as I am away. And the council had to be democratic and a position in it had to be free for everyone. I want to know, what's wrong with having a democratic council which rules the planet."

He looked around again. It was really awkward.

"I guess you just want to stick to traditions, to the old ways. But sometimes changes have to be made. Like one person can't rule the Galaxy forever, so can't one type of government rule Umbara forever, especially when it's a type of government which basically doesn't give the lower castes any rights. I was able to leave the planet only because the Jedi ordered it. The government didn't let me go. But do you know what happens to these Force-sensitive Umbarans who can't leave the planet to start training? I believe you might already know the answer."

"The ruling of Rootai Caste is wrong, like I stated before. And I call it a rebellion, because to me, it is one. Vote of No Confidence could be discussed in the council I made. If it doesn't work like I wanted them to, then I shall create it again. Please speak with them and then we'll discuss these things." He turned around and started leaving the room.

"What do the lesser have to do? What, do you think the only jobs available on this planet are in the government sector? They go about their lives. They make their living." Tyrin scoffed. This man was sounding less and less like he knew what he was talking about each passing moment. "Oppression of the lower castes? Don't make me laugh. Every citizen on this planet has the ability to move upwards through the castes. All it takes is effort. I could stand here all day and tell you why you're wrong in believing that the hoi polloi are incapable of living a decent life despite being part of the lower castes... But I can see that, ultimately, you just wouldn't get it."

Tyrin was as convinced of the last sentence as anyone else. House Ardik was, in fact, a family of humble origins. His father had never spared an opportunity to remind his children of that. Even the adopted Force User who was intended to just be the family's knife in the dark. Yes, Tyrin knew exactly what happened to Force Users who didn't leave the planet to start training. They were either never trained or went to the Shadow Academy. Frankly, Tyrin didn't have a problem with either of those. Why should the Jedi take their Force Users?

There were multiple holes riddled in Equa's speech. Namely that the Umbaran government was ordered to hand him over to the Jedi. The Umbaran government had never answered to the Jedi. Where was this notion that they could be commanded about in such a manner coming from? If anything, that was a red flag to be feared. That the Jedi could simply demand a citizen from the planet be handed over to them and then granted such a request... They must have been extorted. Typical Jedi. This new incarnation of the Rootai Council would not be so pliable.

"Do not meddle in a culture that you clearly do not understand, human. The rule of the Rootai Council is now the supreme authority of Umbara. Your 'council,' which never really existed in the first place and enjoyed no support from any of the caste levels, is dissolved. The power of this planet lays squarely in the hands of the Rootai Caste- as it has always been. Implementing a democratic system would never change that. Democracies can be manipulated, corrupted, warped over time. You would be hard pressed to find an Umbaran that is not aware of this."

"Leaving so soon? Have you strained your intellect to its limits already? Don't worry, Jedi. Umbara will be better off than it ever has before back under the thumb of the Rootai Council."

Ava Solborne

A
@[member="Tyrin Ardik"]

Equa listened to the man as he slowly walked. Their conversation was extremely conflicting, so Equa decided he will have to try being more diplomatic.He listened to the man without turning around. He didn't stop for a moment. But one word echoed in his head as he heard it. Human... Was it really so? Was he a human? He was born as a pure-blood Umbaran. But maybe becoming a Jeid had changed him? He had felt it before... that he can't be considered as an Umbaran anymore. Because he seemingly betrayed the people of his homeplanet... he had become a Jedi. Maybe Umbarans can't ever become Jedi? Maybe being a Lightsider had changed him to look like a... human.

"Human..." Equa said. His voice may or may not have sounded sadly. He felt like he was... alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom