Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location [UGF] Q-Drive Yards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marshal, Journeyman Protector
336924.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Shipyards Name: Q-Drive Yards, Qena Shipyards
  • Classification: Planetary Shipyards
  • Location: Qena System, between the innermost planet and its moon
  • Affiliation: United Galactic Federation
  • Population: Heavily Staffed
  • Accessibility: Though it is located well away from the system's most populated planet, it is heavily trafficed. Access is restricted to the main HQ habitation, with all other areas controlled and secure.
  • Description: A huge framework stretching across space with docks ranging from small freighter berths to colossal graving docks for the largest space warships. Habitation blocks and logistics facilities make up part of the yard structure to house the huge work force.
OPERATIONS INFORMATION
  • Production: Military and Civilian vessels from small freighters and personal luxury craft to ultra large warships
  • Specialty: Military vessels
  • Output: Capable of specialized craftsmanship or high output at a minimum standard
  • Market: Open to outside commerce
POINTS OF INTEREST

HQ - A large square module with its own hangars, this houses the administration of the fleet yards, a sales office, and the control center. Here also is based the yards' security force. This is the only section of the shipyard open to visitors, with all the amenities including multiple showroom floors with extensive holographic displays. Tours of the facilities are run from here, allowing visitors to visit the yards up close.

Tramworks - The inside of much of the yards' framework is taken up by the heavy freight tram lines that move cargo from receieving docks to the construction sites. Fully automated and enclosed, this high speed system is key to the efficient operation of the shipyard.

Recieving Docks - Huge hangars that serve as a drop off point for the unending lines of freighters transporting components from the nearby moon forges. These hangar docks are all linked with the yards' internal transport system.

SECURITY

Medium

Security is very basic and covers internal security, with the yards relying on the local defence force for protection. The yards themselves are civilian rather than military structures, and are not built for combat. There are usually some warships with additional troops on station nearby.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Originally built as a solar observatory in orbit of the system's innermost planet Proxis, the space station was small and unimportant for the early part of its history. Much later, when the mineral wealth of Proxis' moon Alu was discovered and exploited, the station was bought and expanded into a shipyard.

The shipyards were small at first, and have been rebuilt several times over their long history. The third rebuild set out a sensible and efficient design that could be expanded ad infinitum at need. This design remained over the centuries, growing ever larger. Twice the entire yard structure has been refitted to expand the internal transport network capacity.

In its modern incarnation, the yards can be said to rival those of anywhere else in the galaxy in terms of quality and quantity. Thousands of starships can be built or refitted, with the shipyards constantly resupplied by the nearby industrial moon. It has contributed much to the growth of the economy of the Qena System, and has been the primary supplier of its planetary defense force.

Last edited:
:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch

Since this is a shipyard I need you to include in this submission a canon model or an approved factory submission before I can move ahdad with the review.

Space Station, Shipyard, & Starship Locations submitted to the Codex must use an approved Factory submission or a canon model, without significant technical modification.

I also need you to link the planet as well if there is an applicable link.

Once you get that please let me know

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch

Okay the reason I was asking is because I can approve this as is, but then you would need to link this back to the planet once finished by modifying the submission, or you could just link the system where you plan on placing the planet now. Either way you will need to link either the planet or the system. Whether now or later.

Just let me know what you want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom