Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech UBAH (Use A Bigger Hammer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
CL-86.png

Image Source

Intent: To create a personal warhammer for [member="Dor'Fix'It"]

Development Thread: If Needed

Manufacturer: Rusty's Custom Firearms and Cutlery

Model: The 40k (because it weighs 40 kilograms, of course)

Affiliation: [member="Dor'Fix'It"]

Modularity: No

Production: Production: Unique

Material: Faux wood, durasteel, tungsten, triggering mechanism

Classification: Warhammer

Size: Two handed

Length: Haft- 1.75 meters/Overall- 1.9 meters

Weight: 40 kilograms

Special Features: When loaded with the proper explosive cartridges, impact of a sufficient velocity will trigger said cartridge, sending a tungsten spike shooting into the target.

Description: It is a massive hammer, scaled appropriately to the customer, who is a massive fellow. The haft is a solid durasteel core wrapped with a faux wood veneer that is stylish, moisture wicking, provides excellent grip, and is antimicrobial.

The head started life as a solid billet of high strength durasteel. It's been milled out to accommodate a channel for the tungsten spike, as well as a simple impact triggered firing mechanism. When the user strikes something solid with enough force, the impact triggers a cartridge loaded with a small explosive charge that sends the tungsten spike shooting out with enough force to punch through light to medium armor.

Because of the weapon's size and weight, it cannot be wielded by most baseline humans. Even those that could swing the thing would likely find the use of the spike beyond their abilities. Even the intended customer is likely to find the sheer mass unwieldy. Though a swing and a hit will be devastating, a miss is likely to result in extreme strain to the customer's arms, shoulders, back, legs, and any other body parts that might be used in the process of trying not to end up pirouetting around the battlefield like a pretty pretty ballerina.

Though the spike is a powerful asset, it must be manually reset in between uses, a process that can take several minutes. And trying to use it against something it can't penetrate could potentially cause catastrophic damage both the the weapon and customer.

Primary Source: N/A

Netherworld

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Netherworld

[member="Rusty"]

I have many reservations about this. It's a 40 kg hammer. I get that the user is a huge Gen'Dai, but this screams abuse in big, bold, red letters.

Does the spike actually pop out of the hammer head completely, or does it just extend out?

Also, keep in mind that missing with this in full swing will likely mean that
a.) it's flying out of your grasp
b.) you're going to be doing a few unwilling pirouettes
c.) your shoulder is going to have some very nasty strain put on it.

Tag me with questions/edits.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
The spike is retained by the hammer. That alone should negate most of the kickback from the firing. If every action has an equal yet opposite reaction, then the recoil from firing the thing should be canceled out by the hammer catching the spike. That, however, won't protect the user from catastrophic damage in the event that it hits something it can't pierce. While I'm pretty sure it won't blow the thing up, it's going to hurt. I expect the shock to be enough to break the user's hands.

As far as a swing and a miss? Yup. Absolutely right. Even when used by a Gen'Dai, it's gonna be big and slow and unwieldy. I can add that into the sub if you'd like, but the customer knows what he's getting. This is definitely not Mjolnir.

[member="Netherworld"]

Netherworld

[member="Rusty"]

Please add the downsides of its weight and such into the description, for the benefit of whatever unlucky sod gets to go up against this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom