Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Tyrants

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Tyrant

T
Lesser Tyrants

Swarm Tyrants
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Lesser Tyrant (Non-Force Sensitive)/Swarm Tyrant (Force Sensitive)
  • Designation: Non-Sentient
  • Origins: The Hive Mind
  • Average Lifespan: 75 years
  • Estimated Population: Scattered
  • Description: Lesser Tyrants are rather crustacean in nature. Their entire bodies are covered in a tough bony exoskeleton with four large claws that they walk on. Right below the head of the Lesser Tyrant is two smaller scythe-like arms to assault prey. On the left and right side of a Lesser Tyrant's head are 'spore sacks' that contain thousands of the Terminus microbes for seeding/infection. A Swarm Tyrant is much more insectoid than it's inferior brethren in biology. The face of the Swam Tyran is dominated by it's large crest which protects much of the body from front attacks. In the center of the crest is the eyes of the Tyrant and the mandibles it uses to consume food. The six legs of the Tyrant are completely bone and also claw like. The 'spore sacks' of the Swarm Tyrant are heavily bloated and actually take up much of the body of a Swarm Tyrant.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type IV Atmosphere or better
  • Average Height of Adults: 4.7 meters (Lesser Tyrants)/6.3 meters (Swarm Tyrants)
  • Average Length of Adults: 6 meters (Lesser Tyrants)/8 meters (Swarm Tyrants)
  • Skin color: Dark Purple (Lesser Tyrants)/Dull Brown (Swarm Tyrants)
  • Hair color: N/A
  • Distinctions: Force Sensitive Tyrants are much larger and physically different than the lesser tyrants.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: Rare (Force Sensitive are 'Swarm Tyrants' instead of Lesser Tyrants)
Strengths:
  • The skeletal exterior of both Tyrants are extremely resistant to both kinetic force and blaster fire. Shooting at it only seems to piss it off more. It would take some heavy duty weaponry to deal damage to the skeletal exterior
  • Obviously due to the size of either Tyrant they are capable of rather amazing feats of strength
  • The spore sacks on both Tyrants contain the Terminus microbe and are capable of naturally 'bursting' to release the microbes and infect the nearby area (A meter radius around Lesser Tyrants, 5 meters for Swarm Tyrants)
  • Swarm Tyrants are force sensitive. Swarm Tyrants all eventually learn how to use Force Lightning but are capable of learning other force abilities through extensive self-teaching.
Weaknesses:
  • Both Tyrants have extreme weakness in their spore sacks. A lesser tyrant's spore sacks are like flesh and are easily damaged by blasters or kinetic force. The Swarm Tyrant's sacks, due to their large size, are covered in a leathery exterior that while resistant to blasters and kinetic force can be damage through repeated assault. Damaging the spore sacks in this way leads to premature 'bursting' which does not infect the nearby area and causes immense pain for the Tyrant.
  • Lesser and Swarm Tyrants are very large creatures and quite easy targets to hit.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Carnivore
  • Communication: Clicks, Clacks, Hisses, and Roars
  • Technology level: N/A
  • Religion/Beliefs: The will of the Hive Mind
  • General behavior: Extremely aggressive creatures that are known to attack non-infected individuals on sight. To those infected they are passive giants that seem to care little about what the other infected creatures do.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Tyrants were originally Acklays that eventually succumbed to the Terminus microbe and were transformed into these abominations. When the Swarm first came to Vendaxa the Acklays were extremely hardy and resistant to the Hive's will. Eventually through sheer determination and the Swarm taking over the apex Acklay of Vendaxa the Acklays were subsumed into the Swarm's biology and became Predators and Seeders.

[member="The Tyrant"]

So we've got a thing to work out here.

Swarm Tyrants are force sensitive and capable of using Force Lighting, Force Storm, and Force Tempest
I know that the FS is 'rare' over all for this species, but one subset is *all* Force Sensitive. And we don't allow those kind of active, offensive powers on FS species as a baseline, with some exceptions for Sith Spawn and other things like that. I went over the virus and there's nothing in it that seems like it would confer that kind of Force ability in an individual to explain this. Being all Force Sensitive gives potential, or passive abilities. I'm going to need you to change this.

• Completely Force sensitive species may not start off with fully developed Force Powers. That is a matter of the individual, not the race. They are born force sensitive, but that is a potential, rather than an absolute. All Force sensitive species may have passive abilities that do not require training (improved reflexes, low grade pre-cog, etc), but are prohibited from having active abilities (force lightning, telekinesis, etc). Exceptions are made for artificially engineered species (Sithspawn, etc), if they have been tailored for specific abilities. Racial abilities that are not affiliated with the Force (Ex. Zeltron Empathy/Pheromones) are exempted from this. These species should include appropriate weaknesses, such as difficulties with Force Null fields.

The Tyrant

T
[member="Irajah Ven"]

I do understand that force sensitivity is rare and active abilities are a no go. However the Tyrants are mutated from the Acklay as stated in the canon link which says in the legend entry "Acklays could be Force-Sensitive, although this was an extremely rare mutation. Such creatures could teach themselves to use the force and could fire Force lightning from their mouths." While I am completely fine with removing force storm and force tempest (As I realize they are quite powerful force abilities) I think that force lightning is appropriate due to the nature of force sensitive acklays. If you believe it should be stated instead they have the potential to learn these abilities instead of outright starting with them that is also fine and I am happy to edit it. I am sorry if I shouldn't be arguing I have not done these apps in a while.

[member="The Tyrant"]

I don't mind discussion at all- sometimes the folks in codex or factory might over rule and sometimes we might be swayed.

I think that your point about the Force Lightening as a canon quality of FS acklay's is a fair one. I think a good compromise here would be removing the other two and changing it to something like "They learn Force Lightening, and have the potential to learn other powers". Since even in canon they learn it, but it's a thing they all tend to do. Does that sound good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom