Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Type III Orbital Repair and Construction Yard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source:
Affiliation: Krayt Industries
Manufacturer: Krayt Industries
Model: Type III Orbital Repair and Construction Yard
Modularity: None
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel, transparisteel
Length: 1200 meters
Width: 1200 meters
Height: 1200 meters

Armament: N/A

Hanger:
60 Wrath-class Starfighters

Special Features:
Communication Array
Life Support Systems
9 Tractor beams
Advanced Deflector Shield
9 bay drydocks, based on the design of the Type II Orbital Yards (link is http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Type_II_Orbital_Repair_Yard)

Maneuverability Rating: N/A (requires a cargo tug in sublight)
Speed Rating: N/A (requires a cargo tug in sublight)
Hyperdrive: N/A

Strengths:
can produce up to three ships of 2200 meters (company is not at the tier to use this feature as of submission), and can develop multiple smaller ships through use of the various drydocks
Multiple drydocks, based on the design of the Type II yard
Heavy shielding allow the station to survive some hits from an enemy raid

Weaknesses:
No offensive or defensive weaponry to speak of, must rely on planetary defense force and its compliment of fighter craft for protection
Incredibly slow to move, making it likely that enemy starships will hit the drydocks with their weapons
Under-construction ships are exposed as the drydocks are open to space, allowing enemy forces to attack these ships as well, setting production back

Description:
The Type III, like the Type II from the days of the Galactic Civil War, is a square-sided drydock, 1200 meters in any direction, that can accommodate several large ships with ease. Using its 9 tractor beam arrays, the station is able to repair and build three ships of 2200 meters maximum, while smaller ships it can produce more.

1-3 ships between 1001m - 2200m
4-6 ships between 601m- 1000m
6-10 ships between 401m- 600m
8-16 ships between 200m - 400m
16-32 ships between 100m - 200m

The station boasts powerful shields and a large hanger bay that are its only defense against enemy attack, as the Type III has no offensive or defensive weaponry of its own. To be moved anywhere at all, it requires a cargo tug as it lacks engines or a hyperdrive of its own. This means the station is a nice tempting target if anyone gets past the planetary defense forces guarding it from attack.

The Type III can also serve as a simple repair station for pre-existing ships, although just like with under-construction ships, the ships docks with the Type III are exposed to attack and are only protected by the guarding forces.

Dev Thread: If deemed necessary
Intent: To provide Krayt Industries with more shipyard production facilities
Who can use this: Krayt Industries, One Sith and allies

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

For clarifying purposes could you state whether it can build the ships listed simultaneously or only a certain amount equaling 6600 meters (2200x3) max.

The type II was a Kurt drive yards design. That is a PA owned company. They may try and respond for using their previous design just FYI.

Also for a Hyperdrive capable station I would like to see a device thread of 40 post. Feel free to PM me about the post count if you would like.

[member="Ordo"]

Thank you for responding and to clarify it can only build up to a certain amount, it cannot build all those ships simultaneously. Also thank you for the FYI, if Kuat comes to me about the design, I'll have work something out with them or drop it. And, if I were to cut the hyperdrive, would the post still need a dev thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom