Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Type-I Jedi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
TYPE-I JEDI ARMOR
yvxH0Qk.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: Standard Armor for Jedi of the Remnant
Image Source: [xhttps://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jedi_Commander_armor] | [x]
Canon Link: Jedi Armorhttps://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jedi_armor
Primary Source: Not Applicable

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: The Jedi Remnanthttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/139480-the-jedi-remnant/
Affiliation: Closed-Market
Model: Type-I Jedi Armor
Modularity: Aesthetics
Production: Semi-Unique
Material:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
kroKMv9.png

Classification: Multi-Purpose
Weight: Average
Resistances:
  • Energy: High
  • Kinetic: High
  • Blades: High
  • Lightsabers: Low
  • Sonic: Low
  • Elemental: High
  • Environmental: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Laminanium Plates: The Type-I uses self-healing plates of Lamininanium over Duraplast reinforcement as its main means of protection. These plates are designed to self-repair themselves from damage relatively quickly so that the Jedi can suffer and recover from minor strikes.
  • Enviro-Suit: Jedi Armor is generally designed more to protect its wearer from hostile environments and effects than to turn them into armored tanks. It provides moderate defenses against heat, cold, high-gravity and gravitic distortions, radiation, chemicals, and acids. It can be used as an Extravehicular suit for pilots in extreme situations but only for a short time if the wearer has a breathing apparatus.
Strengths:
  • Self-Repairing Plates: The armor repairs itself after being damaged in battle, drawing off an internal laminanium ingot. This armor isn’t impervious, but allows it to survive minor damage and small arms fire without creating additional weak spots through the course of a battle.
Weaknesses:
  • Gaps: The armored plates provide the bulk of the suit’s defenses, which are not segmented or interlocking, but individual pieces attached to the Infiltrator Bodyglove that forms the base layer. This leaves joints and unprotected areas more vulnerable to strikes and damage.
DESCRIPTION
Type-I Jedi Armor, based off the ancient Clone Wars era Jedi Battle Armor, has been designed for battlefield use by the Jedi Remnant. Much like their other attempts to provide their Jedi with modernized field equipment, the Type-I focuses on being versatile and functional, rather than on gadgetry and specialization under the belief that an individual can make alterations to their tastes as needed or desired. The armor is intended to be worn in conjunction with variations of Jedi Robes, usually the lighter brown tunic as standard, but some have altered the aesthetics of their suits considerably.

The suit consists of an MN-B Infiltrator Bodyglove with attached Laminanium Plates reinforced with Duraplast lining. While the bodyglove provides excellent protection from temperature variations, radiation, pressure fluctuations, and other elemental and environmental dangers the Laminanium Plates are meant to protect the wearer from battlefield hazards such as slugs, blasters, and other weapons. The removable plates generally consist of a full upper torso gorget, pauldrons, rerebrace, vambraces and gauntlets with on the arms, and greaves and sabatons on the legs providing the most protection to the wearer’s extremities. This was done primarily to avoid hindering movements so as not to reduce the effectiveness of some Lightsaber Forms, and provide freedom of movement while still protecting as much of the wearer as could be managed with those restrictions. Some Jedi have taken to wearing blast vests or other easily donned pieces with the armor, especially in prolonged engagements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom