Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Type-4 DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131106005147/halo/images/5/50/H4_dmr_trans.png

Credit: Bungie LLC (Halo 4)

Intent: To provide Adenn Gra'tua with a rifle for mid to long range, with semi auto capabilities for when firing speed it needed.
Development Thread: N/A.
Manufacturer: N/A.
Model: N/A.
Affiliation: Adenn Gra'tua
Modularity: Yes: Higher zoom scope (4x to 12x [Adenn has a 7x]), iron sights, less advanced optics and a bipod.
Production: Unique (one for Adenn).
Material: Alusteel.
Description: A powerful semi automatic rifle, originally designed for use as a sniper, the Type-4 DMR was made with a low ammunition capacity, before Adenn had decided to use it as an all around weapon, for long range and mid range encounters. While less scope like sights can be attached, most aren't that effective all around: the 4x scope working at a medium range and the 7x and above working better a long range, the iron sights are better suited for close to mid range, making them almost obsolete. The design of the weapon is more streamlined and comfortable than other weapons, as the magazine and cocking mechanism are both near the butt of the rifle, making for an easier reload. And the weapon is loud, as no silencer was made, announcing the shooters position whenever fired, or disorienting anyone who is to close and isn't use to hearing gunfire so close (AKA: no one :p).

Classification: Slugthrower.
Size: Handheld (Two handed for the most effective shots).
Length: Length: 119.2 centimetres.
Weight: 7.3
Ammunition Type: M118 FMJ-AP, 7.62x51mm
Ammunition Capacity: 14 Rounds per magazine.
Effective Range: 700 - 800 meters.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Adenn Gra'tua"]
Mkay, coupla things here.

First off, your range for a DMR is all sorts of wonky. The USMC trains its Marines to fire with iron sights out to 300 yards, which is about 25 or so meters beyond what this rifle can do. An M14 Semiautomatic rifle can reach out to 800+ meters with optic sights, so you might want to do a bit more research on weapon comparison.

Next, the rifle is what's called a Bullpup style layout, meaning the firing mechanism is located in the stock of the weapon. This shortens the overall length of the weapon without sacrificing the length, and accuracy, of the barrel. It makes the weapon more maneuverable in close quarters and a bit lighter than more conventional weapons where the receiver (loading/firing mechanism) is located in front/directly above the trigger. Reloading is a bit tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, you can reload faster than you would with a conventional weapon. I know this from personal experience as I own a FAMAS rifle that, back when I was doing military simulations regularly, I could swap out magazines in about 5-10 seconds if I really needed to, whereas it took me a little longer to do that with an M16 or an AK-74/AK-47. It's also a more stable reload/firing position as the weight is firmly set against your shoulder, making the rifle a bit more balanced and easier to handle.

Your length for a bullpup style is a bit off, but if you want to keep it, that's fine. It's more of a cosmetic issue with that.

Durasteel is okay, but Alusteel is just as strong and is a bit lighter and more reflective of the weight you have listed :p

All of the commentary above this line here is pretty much if you wanna do it. They're suggestions to improve the weapon to something that is more fitting of a marksman's rifle with a unique production.

That said, is the M118 FMJ-AP 7.62x51mm round currently a sub or is that just a flavor type thing?

Alright, I fixed materiel, range and the end of the description, only realized a bullpup rifle is easier to reload after you told me (but I should have known that anyway), and I'll keep the length the way it is (the Halo 4 marines can hold it fine :D) And the 7.62x51mm FMJ-AP round is just kinda there for. Some reason, might make it a submission later though... Might :p.

[member="Popo"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom