Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Type 3 Keldabe-class Battleship

Status
Not open for further replies.
[member="Captain Larraq"]

Captain Larraq said:
only largest caliber mass-drivers are capable of entirely piercing the armor plating of the Type 3 Keldabe (such as Heavy, Long Range Hypervelocity Cannons).
Please specify that this is only the case if the armor is undamaged. Massed fire from basic turbolasers is still gonna chew through eventually.

Captain Larraq said:
Nearly immune to small caliber weaponry such as standard and light mass-drivers as well as heavy turbolasers.
I'm not sure near immunity to heavy turbolasers would be 100% accurate. Plz to remove near immunity to heavy turbolasers wherever it appears. Your armor rating is your armor rating.

Captain Larraq said:
skilled force users with prolonged exposure to the captain's chair of a Type 3 Keldabe are sometimes able to fully attune themselves to this twisted force artifact and use it to discretely enhance their ability to remain calm and focused as well as their ability to perceive their environment, track fleeing or hidden targets, predict their opponents' strategies, and even (to a very limited effect) their ability to project the "Force Push" ability.

The Force push thing - are we talking on a ship scale? If so, please remove it. Skilled Jedi aces could use such abilities at a single-starfighter scale, but what you seem to be talking about is more akin to Dorsk 81 -- and he died.

Captain Larraq said:
With the Kol Mark IV Navicomputer able to utilize the vast network of Mandalorian monitoring stations as points of reference for triangulating the host ship's position, the Type 3 Keldabe is capable of unrivaled hyperspace navigation for a warship of her size.

Unrivalled ain't the word to use here. I'm fine with virtually unrivalled, but you never know what's out there.

Jorus Merrill said:
You really don't want Ankarres Wood in your chair. Tranquility, probably not your best bet.

Larraq had no idea what he was doing. He was just buying expensive things.

OOC, the tranquility is to offset some of the features the other alchemical and force nonsense going on with the chair.
Also... The chair is suppose to be capable of killing FU that overuse it. The tranquility thing is to help euthanize those who can't control themselves.

Jorus Merrill said:
The Force push thing - are we talking on a ship scale? If so, please remove it. Skilled Jedi aces could use such abilities at a single-starfighter scale, but what you seem to be talking about is more akin to Dorsk 81 -- and he died.
"to a very limited extent"

That was kinda an after-thought. There's no capital-ship-scale force abilities in here. That sort of nonsense would be entirely up to a writer/character to go get for themselves through training.

Jorus Merrill said:
I'm not sure near immunity to heavy turbolasers would be 100% accurate. Plz to remove near immunity to heavy turbolasers.

That was suppose to be standard turbolasers. Both Echani Graphite and Mandalorian Steel specialize more in energy resistance than they do in kinetic resistance.

Jorus Merrill said:
Please specify that this is only the case if the armor is undamaged. Massed fire from basic turbolasers is still gonna chew through eventually.

Thought that was a given... I'll add something in there...

Captain Larraq said:
five Ysalamiri Backpacks can be temporarily stored near the Detaining Officers' station. These Ysalamiri will produce a 50m bubble of force negation

I'm not aware of any source that makes ysalamir bubbles scale based on radius rather than volume. Ysalamir bubbles amplify each other, it's true, but 1->2->3 ysalamiri making for radius 10m->20m->30m is a huge volumetric increase per additional ysalamir. I don't find much foundation for that idea in the primary sources. Please either provide good sources for this idea, or cut the bubble significantly.

Captain Larraq said:
with externally mounted Jal Shay Scopes
The Jal Shey Scope is one of mine, as you know. Since it depends on components manufactured by a Tier 1, I'm not comfortable with it being used for every passenger and crewer aboard every Keldabe Type 3. Please reduce the use of this scope significantly (command staff and Marine officers, for example).

Jorus Merrill said:
I'm not aware of any source that makes ysalamir bubbles scale based on radius rather than volume. Ysalamir bubbles amplify each other, it's true, but 1->2->3 ysalamiri making for radius 10m->20m->30m is a huge volumetric increase per additional ysalamir. I don't find much foundation for that idea in the primary sources. Please either provide good sources for this idea, or cut the bubble significantly.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/31601-the-bral/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/58743-myrkava-main-battle-tank/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/97263-malachor-minesweeping-main-battle-tank/

Jorus Merrill said:
You've got your hangar and your drop pods -- think you're going to have to lose the basilisks. They could easily be deployed as extra hangar.
They were for internal stuff... but I see your point. Removed.

Jorus Merrill said:
The Jal Shey Scope is one of mine, as you know. Since it depends on components manufactured by a Tier 1, I'm not comfortable with it being used for every passenger and crewer aboard every Keldabe Type 3. Please reduce the use of this scope significantly (command staff and Marine officers, for example).
Done. Only command staff and marine officers get the scope attachment.

The Bral is on my side:

"The mobile wall contains 200 ysalamari in nutrients tanks, harvested from Myrkr. Together the force null bubble they provide covers a 500m radius"

The Myrkava never specifies the radius of effect.

The Malachor is void stone, not ysalamiri.

In short, snip snip.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Each interrogation room is capable of processing up to four individuals at once or a single Force User. Should a Captain feel the need to bring aboard more than four force sensitive prisoners, five Ysalamiri Backpacks can be temporarily stored near the Detaining Officers' station. These Ysalamiri will produce a large bubble of force negation that quarantines most, if not all of the entire prisoner storage and interrogation rooms as well as a sizable section of the surrounding rooms.

Captain Larraq said:
This secondary layer of shielding is capable of protecting against energy, kinetic, and missile weapons but also prevents the Keldabe from firing its own weapons. To work around this, the various shield emitters of the ship are tied into the weapons control systems. Every time an individual turret or missile tube is fired, a small hole in the ship's shielding opened up directly over the firing weapon. Unless the firing weapon happens to be an energy based weapon, this opening in the ship's shields did not also extend to the ray shielding.
These temporary gaps are, I think, an important thing to note in Weaknesses.

Jorus Merrill said:

These temporary gaps are, I think, an important thing to note in Weaknesses.
Isn't that the canon example for how and why ships are able to fire turbolasers in spite of shielding?

Edit:

Actually, I must be thinking Halo.

Whatever. I'll toss something up.

Captain Larraq said:
Isn't that the canon example for how and why ships are able to fire turbolasers in spite of shielding?

Edit:

Actually, I must be thinking Halo.

Whatever. I'll toss something up.
It varies; most people assume no (in the sense of shields being unidirectional). Since you're using special shielding, let's be sure to nail this down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom