Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Types of fans: Star Wars vs Star Trek

Piraiba

Togorian Barricade
When comparing the old movies I like Star Wars more. When comparing the new movies I like Star Trek more. This may be an unfair advantage because the Star Trek movies are much more recent though.

I'm sure Disney will throw more money at the new Star Wars movies than the combined income of all forum members for their entire lifetime, so they're likely to top the Star Trek movies. Its escalation I suppose ...

Then again if you really pushed me on the question I would have to say that Star Wars does edge ahead for me. I mean after all we're not all rping on a Star Trek forum!

Honestly, Star Wars doesn't even qualify as Sci Fi to me, so I find the two hard to compare. I like both, really - but Star Wars is a space fairy tale. Knights, Swordplay, Space Magic. It even starts like a fairy tale - A long, long time ago....
Now, Trek tries to be more realistic about its content. They don't always succeed - and never will, on screen, just like noone else will - but they try and it usually works. Believable, not just black/white characters. Philosophical controversies. Morale dilemmas. It appeals to an entirely different part of my mind.

SW is a lot more like LOTR than Trek, really.

Jorgo

J
Delana Saan said:
Honestly, Star Wars doesn't even qualify as Sci Fi to me, so I find the two hard to compare. I like both, really - but Star Wars is a space fairy tale. Knights, Swordplay, Space Magic. It even starts like a fairy tale - A long, long time ago....
Now, Trek tries to be more realistic about its content. They don't always succeed - and never will, on screen, just like noone else will - but they try and it usually works. Believable, not just black/white characters. Philosophical controversies. Morale dilemmas. It appeals to an entirely different part of my mind.

SW is a lot more like LOTR than Trek, really.
I'd call star wars more of a spaghetti western in space. Tatooine and the Hutts are good examples of this. Everything plays out like a western in the original films.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
star-wars-vs-star-trek.jpeg

You were warned...

Alndys

Mercenary, Artist.
I feel like this was kind of a bad place to ask this question. It's kind of a given that your responses would all lean one way.

That said, of the two, I think I like Star Trek a little more. The plot has more depth, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom