Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Two Ladies and the Tea

Ingrid L’lerim
The Red Witch; Emperor's hand; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard
jKpZslA.png
Equipment: 2x vibroblade (hidden) | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | Holographic disguise matrix | G1 OmniLink | Actual look: link | dress/cloth
Tag: NPC Treasury NPC Treasury
dRUm20K.png

By the time she got to this point, there was only one member of the Arenais house left, with whom Ingrid hadn't spoken yet. She wanted to change that fact, and this person was none other than the mother of the twins. Lady Kay, the former queen, senator, and then empress, who is currently a tea company owner. It was the Eternal Empire who deprived the woman of her title as Empress when Kay wanted to resurrect the Eternal Empire, once led by Valkorion, in Zakuul. They could not allow the Empire to survive for long because of a name match alone neither. The Empire didn't even stay, they were subjugated by the true Eternal Empire. Ingrid was not present at the time, she was in CIS space for another task.

For this reason she came to this two-named planet, where she soon found the tea house owned by Lady Kay. Considered it an interesting choice, Ingrid certainly wouldn't want to deal with something like that if she retired from everything. Although she may or may not find it quite boring, Especially a person who does not know the word relaxation and that person is a workaholic. This environment, the many trees, the jungle-like exterior was too warm for Ingrid, what she would not have given for a frosty, cold, snowy, and ice-cold environment right now, it was a really good place, not that. She looked a little, as if as a tourist she couldn't decide whether or not to go in.

She finally started inward after some hesitation, it was all just part of the role, of course. As always, she was completely determined and she knew why she had come. There were quite a few people inside the building, she looked through those inside, but at first she failed to notice Lady Kay. Perhaps the woman was not here either, though she was given the report that she must be here, maybe in her office. She walked over to the person in the building who appeared to be a competent person to address her.

”Hello, I want to talk to Lady Kay if possible. I am a friend of her children, especially her daughter, Loreena. I should talk to her about the milady. I'm sorry I didn't ask for an appointment, but I only recently got news. I would be infinitely grateful if you would tell her this.” she said.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Kay was actually in the back storeroom when Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim had walked in. After being away from the shop for a bit, she was going over the inventory and checking her stocks, some of which were lower than she had liked.

With a clipboard in hand, she returned to the front of the shop, overhearing part of what Ingrid was telling to one of her employees, Doyle. It was her daughter's name that caught her attention. And something about some news. What had happened? A sinking feeling fell at the pit of her stomach.

Kay set down the clipboard onto the counter and approached the pair, dusting her hands off on her apron as she tucked some loose strands of her hair behind her ear. Fidgeting was what she tended to do when she was agitated. "Thank you Doyle, I'll take it from here." The two nodded to eachother as Doyle stepped away, giving the two some privacy. Kay turned her focus entirely on Ingrid. "I'm Loreena's mother. Is she alright?"

Sarisa Varos (Ingrid L’lerim)
jKpZslA.png
Equipment: 2x vibroblade (hidden) | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | Holographic disguise matrix | G1 OmniLink | Actual look: link | dress/cloth
dRUm20K.png

Luckily she found someone soon, but in the end Lady Kay arrived after saying that Ingrid wanted to talk to her. She looked at the former Lady a little confused. On the darker brown skin on the reddish stripe on the freckles, it looked that the person who looked like the young girl blushed a little after the question. She adjusted her currently darker curly hair confused behind her ears, she pretended not to know for a few moments what she should do in the presence of such a person until she finally politely bowed to Lady Kay.

”My Lady! I’m Sarisa Varos. She is alright at his moment. Can I speak with you in private?” she asked a little worried.

Just like when she met with Kay’s son, she did not use her own voice for the disguise; it was different, now a kind, higher, soft-sounding sound was given to her originally deeper and stricter voice. With this sound, seduction would have been more difficult, it is good that she had no such intention today. If the woman has agreed to speak face to face in a private manner, she will follow her, and if they get to a place that seems safer, she will speak again.

” Loreena doesn't know I'm here. Surely you also know that Lori is a member of the resistance against the Eternal Empire, just like me. Not so long ago, it was revealed, it turned out that she was also one of the members. The Eternal Empire wants to capture and possibly execute her, to set an example with her. I heard you had an affair with the trash can who calls himself the emperor. I was afraid of Lori because she is stubborn and unwilling to give up things… not for a little while to hide, to hide until things settle down.” she said worried.

As she spoke her voice trembled several times over the anxiety, the same emotions were visible on her face, where she handled the strap of her bag and where her hair nervously. But she looked into Lady Kay's eyes all the time as she spoke. And there was fear and worry in her eyes, just as she was really worried about Lori. That is, the way she masterfully played it all.

”Can I get a cup of tea that will soothe me up a bit?” she asked crying in a close-up voice with trembling hands.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Sarisa Varos. Kay didn't recognize the name that Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim was using. Lori didn't really mention any of her friends, outside of her boyfriend Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin whom Kay had met a few months prior. But it was hard to keep track of her daughter at the best of times.

At the request for privacy, she inclined her head to the side and gestured for Sarisa to follow. "This way please." Kay went first, leading the girl to the back where she had arrived from. The room was large as it wasn't just the storeroom for all of her products, but a kitchen as well for baking and cooking.

To the words that she spoke, Kay listened very carefully. Yes she knew about Lori being a part of a rebellion, yet the part about the Empire wanting to capture and execute her didn't sit well with her. She clenched her jaw, knowing full well of the brutality that the Empire was capable of. Afterall, Kay had first hand experience with it.

Yet the very idea of having an affair, especially with Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe caused Kay to give her such a look of shock, disgust and disbelief combined. "An affair? I have never had an affair in all of my life. I am loyal to my husband." Although now he was deceased. It was bound to take her years toget over that. For the second time.

Kay nodded to the request for tea and began preparing two cups of her favourite tea. "Sapir tea is the best for that. It's warm, soothing and feels like being enveloped in a hug." She crumbled the dried Sapir leaves into the cups. "Lori is very stubborn and set in her ways, which is usually quite different than other people. I may be her mother, yet she is an adult. I can't control her. She does whatever she thinks is right."

jKpZslA.png
dRUm20K.png

She looked around curiously at the room they had entered, perhaps she even envied the woman a little that she could have such a calm life, except when she has to worry about her children. Ingrid put it exactly the way she did, for she also knew that Lady Kay knew exactly what she was talking about. Although she had a feeling that Loreena would not be as lucky as her mother. Even if it had fallen into her hands, although Ingrid would just torture the girl. But the Emperor… she was not sure that he would stop just doing torture, after all, there are plenty of alchemist or sorcery experiments what they can do on prisoners. Ingrid had a feeling she was spending too much time with AMCO AMCO if something like that came to her mind.

These thoughts were not reflected on her face or her body language, and could not even be felt through the Force, because these were completely suppressed by the upper emotions and thoughts. that is, the worry, confusion, and fear she felt about Loreena as a good friend. As she realized that she was worded wrong and anger appeared on Lady’s face, immeasurable confusion and shame appeared on Sarisa’s face. Fearing, she even raised her hands in front of her. For a few moments she looked at the girl not even knowing what to say or do.

”My goodness! To the force! I did not mean! I'm really sorry! I’m not meaning this in a sexual sense, just to what happened on Zakuul! When you deprived you of your rank as Empress, my Lady! Please forgive me!” she apologized in embarrassment, completely blushing.

She looked at Lady Kay almost begging, hoping she would forgive her, because she was worded poorly. She received the tea, glancing gratefully at the woman as she took the cup. Her hands trembled a bit like she was really nervous. Ingrid sipped her drink, she loved hot drinks on cold nights, though they were alcoholic, but now it was good for her right now. While she listened, nodding at what Lady Kay was saying.

”Thank you my Lady!” she said. ”I know how stubborn she is. But this is different now than before, so far the Empire did not know who she was, but they are now. I... I...” she sniffed and her words stuck with teary eyes.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Kay raised her brows as Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim seemed quite apologetic about what she was trying to say. She poured the hot water into the cups to steep the tea and handed one to Sarisa. "It's okay. You're alright, there's nothing to forgive. And yes...he did take that title and everything from me, including members of my government. I was on my way back from a diplomatic mission when he captured my ship. But....that's a tale for another time."

She cradled her own cup in her hands, listening to Sarisa while a sinking feeling hit the pit of her stomach. "So Lori's in danger because she's my daughter? Moreso than if she was someone else?" Kay sipped her tea, thinking back on her own torture sessions at the hands of the Eternal Empire. How long her daughter would last through something like that, she didn't know.

"I'll....try to talk to her, but that's all that I can do. And Sarisa, I don't carry any titles anymore. You can just...call me Kay, alright? Do you like the tea?"

jKpZslA.png
dRUm20K.png

She tried to reassure herself when Lady Kay told that, apparently it didn’t go so easily because the young girl looked quite distracted. It was, of course, just the appearance and the emotions played, which were quite strongly felt from her. Sarisa was really confused and scared, while Ingrid is extremely calm and calculating. But fortunately Ingrid learned at a young age how to play emotions as well. So that they can be felt, they can be felt real, while they were not.

A man's daughter learns all this well enough if she is taught by a Sith Lord who can see through it if she wants to. So she had to become a professional to fool anyone, for many times her life has passed on it. There was sympathy on her face that she had heard of the events, can she imagine what might have happened there, but at the same time, she didn’t even want to know it. It may have been clear to anyone that the horrors of the war were not unknown to her.

”I don’t want to tear up old wounds and talk about a topic that is very painful for you, my Lady.” she said.

She nodded first at the following questions, then shook her head firmly. Now she could not be as determined and tough as Ingrid L'lerim, Sarisa was a fragile and overly emotional person. So she had to choose her words carefully, so that they do not appear threatening, but one can feel why the girl is desperate.

”Yes and no, madam. Loreena is in danger, it's true. But not because of you. But because her identity has been revealed and because of her involvement in the rebellion. More like you, Caedyn Arenais, Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin and Lori's other friends, including me, are the ones in danger. The Blackwatch, their secret police and intelligence agency… On the basis of reports, they take people accused of having anything to do with the rebels. If the rumours are true, then people are abducted from outside the Empire, who belong to the families of those affected. This is very different than before.” she said in horror.

Of course she said all that only, because if the news gets back in Loreena's ear and hopefully it will get in the ears of as many people as possible and take the right steps. Then they will know who has anything to do with the rebels and the Empire can strike at them. She looked up at Lady Kay’s next words and nodded, blushing slightly.

”Thank you my L… Kay. The tea is very delicious, thank you very much!”

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Kay brought her tea cup to her lips and had a sip, letting the hot liquid sooth her. She needed it. Especially as her conversation with Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim was bringing up traumatizing memories. Ones that included when she had thought that her family were being lowered into pits of molten gold. But it was all just an illusion. Her family were fine. It was all an attempt to break her.

And it worked.

But her children, even her late husband, would have fared better.

"Anyone that opposes evil is in danger. Such a risk is often well understood beforehand. Danger, threats, House Arenais has faced that constantly. My children will not break as easily as I did. They are much stronger than I am." And they had more going for them than she did. Kay had pretty much given up on herself. If it weren't for her Tea Shoppe, she wouldn't have anything to do.

"If you need a place to hide out for a while, you're welcome here." Kay had a few spare rooms upstairs next to her own.

jKpZslA.png
dRUm20K.png

Sarisa nodded in agreement with what Lady Kay had said. However, Ingrid was not so short-sighted, like the girl she played. They – the light side members – always set the dark side as enemy and evil. However, with AMCO AMCO they told the Jedi in Wayland that they were wrong, just as Adrian and Ingrid came to a common view on Lanteeb in this question. Of course, she realized that both sides have their flaws and advantages, but only so boxed, as the rebels or Lady Kay did, no, it was far from the woman.

She knew exactly that nothing was black or white, there was not only black and white, everything has countless shades, and nothing is what it seems. In fact, when looking at who views the world, the representatives of the Light side were exactly the same as the representatives of the Dark side, if not worse. But it didn't belong here now. Sarisa nodded approvingly at her words again.

”I know, I accept that I will be in danger, but that is my family, friends of my family, or my friends who have nothing to do with the rebellion. It's different, very different.” she said sadly.

She was wondering how tough the “kids” would be, or even Kay if the whole personal thing went over. How would the children react if she killed their mother now? But no, that was not expedient, it is better to be just insecure and afraid, that they don’t know where and when bad things can happen. Meanwhile she looked sadly at the tea, she shook her head gently at the end. She then looked up with a sad smile.

”Thank you for the offer but i won't let my friends down. Especially not in such times of emergency.” she said. ”If I’m not intrusive, now that you know about the danger, what will you do if they find you?” she asked anxiously.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Kay knew well enough of what it was like to be accountable for so many lives. She ran dozens of worlds, holding them together in a prosperous union. They had managed to stave off attacks, until the Sith came. Millions of lives were lost due to her decisions and that added to her trauma as well.

She sipped her tea, nodding to Sarisa's commitment. Yet at the question, Kay raised her brows in surprise. "Well I guess that I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Though I doubt that they'd waste the resources. I'm not a threat. I don't have anything but this shop, so it's not as though I'd be running away anywhere." She shrugged her shoulders a little. "I suppose that the least that I could do is offer them some tea." She had a few 'special' brews that she could reserve just for them. Although her son wouldn't take too kindly to some of them. But it wasn't as though Kay was a Jedi at all. Nor was she some great political leader. She was a tea merchant and a mother, and that was all.

"I'll be sure to let her know that you're looking out for her. Though she's quite busy. I'm sure that my messages aren't the top priority on her list."

Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

jKpZslA.png
dRUm20K.png

Sarisa nodded at what she had said. Apparently she wasn't reassured that Kay wouldn't do much if the Imperials arrived here. And Ingrid wasn't so naive, she knew the other woman would definitely do something about them because she didn't know the woman like someone who was just giving things up. However, Kay was wrong that the Empire would not waste resources on finding family members.

Ingrid even used the Nite to track down the families of already known rebels. Although the Nite was loyal to House L’lerim, not to the Empire. What would Kay have said if she had known that the person ordering the hunt had visited her in person? Ingrid would have been very curious about all this.

”If you can, please be careful, you can see the message that the Empire is sending on HoloNet.” she said still sadly.

When she offered the message, she smiled sincerely at first. She shook her head kindly at the offer. It didn’t really matter, Sarisa Varos “dies” after that anyway. She accomplished her mission and destiny.

”Not necessary, thank you! If I want to achieve her, I am sure through the others that I can do it. But maybe it's better at the moment, if as few as possible know where she is. For her safety. But if you want, feel free.” she explained in a kind and somewhat calmer voice. ”Anyway, this place is beautiful, I envy you for it.”

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Kay shook her head a little. "I haven't looked on the holonet as of late, most especially in regards to an Empire so far away from here. But I'll take a look later this evening and see just what they are spewimg out." Propaganda no doubt. That was just the Empire's way of doing things.

She sipped her tea, thinking on what Sarisa was saying in regards to few people knowing her daughter's whereabouts. Kay had her means of sending out messages that didn't reveal locations at all. And besides, Lori tended to be all over the place anyways, so she was probably difficult to track. But that could just be wishful thinking of a doting mother.

"Thank you. The joys of being out on a backwater planet is that hardly anyone interrupts the peace. The only fued this planet has is with itself on occassion. The wars of the Galaxy, the conquests, all of it remains far from it's borders. And that's a lovely thing, isn't it? That's why I chose to live here."

Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

jKpZslA.png
dRUm20K.png

Ingrid wasn't really surprised that she didn't watch the news of the Empire. In light of what the Empire had done to her before. Most people would have done that, Ingrid wasn’t like that, she was one of those who tried to pay attention to everything under all circumstances. In the end, Sarisa nodded at her words.

”I’m not sure you want to see that news, it’s about the Empire hunting down rebel’s families even beyond the Empire’s borders. As I mentioned before…”

She bit her lower lip nervously again. Sarisa took a sip of the tea again, feeling the effect a bit, but since Ingrid was completely calm, it wasn't such a big deal. Anyway, she could easily resist the side effects, she was trained for that as well. It was also a thing which at times made her think of herself as a monster. The necessary evil or monster.

Sarisa smiled at her words and nodded friendly at them.

”I agree with you, I hope once we win against the Empire, I will find such a wonderful place too.” she said dreamily. ”Oh! I don't keep you up with your important daily tasks, do I?”

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

"I've seen a lot worse news than that. And the amount of times that I've had bounty hunters chasing me down; being hunted isn't anything new or even frightening to me." There were far worse things to go through. And after the death of Veiere, she wasn't even worried about her own death anymore.

And at times she welcomed it...

Kay shook her head a little as Sarisa worried about keeping her from her duties. If anything, the visit was a pleasant surprise. "You're not keeping me, no. I have Doyle to look after things. He's quite used to me having to pop out for one thing or another." She sipped her tea. "I'm surprised that you found me so quickly though. Lori had only been here once and she could never get the name of my company straight. I don't think that she's a fan of it. No doubt she'd want the name to be a bit more...exciting."

jKpZslA.png
dRUm20K.png

From this point of view of the three Arenais, Loreena was the most unfortunate since she was the one to whom Ingrid sent Kessia and did not go in person herself. And the Sithspawn could be quite cruel, and she enjoyed being able to torture others. In every sense. For Ingrid, it was all work. However, she not only threatened empty-handed, she considered herself more dangerous than the average bounty hunters, assassins.

In contrast, Sarisa nodded sympathetically and in agreement. It was clear that she wasn't really happy about what she heard, but at the same time she was happy that Lady Kay was able to defend herself. Finally, she spoke sadly again.

”I rather find it scary that my siblings or parents aren’t safe… I’m not really worried about myself.”

Apparently, she was reassured by Kay's response that she would not hold her up. In fact, it may have seemed to Ingrid that she was pleased with her visit. Meanwhile, the woman told Ingrid useful information for example that Loreena didn't really know the name of the company or where it was all.

”As a matter of fact, it wasn’t that easy to find you.”

Sarisa blushed again. She finished her tea and set it the cup on the table. It was as if she was looking for the words to articulate what she wanted to say. Finally, she spoke a little confused again.

”It took me a lot of money to find a private investigator who could solve this. But since Lori is important to me… so I felt I could do so much for her family that I warned you. I hope you don't take this as an intrusion.”

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

"You could always send them here. Or at least somewhere that you'd think they'd be safe. Neutral territory might not work out so well, however. It would be better to put them in places where the Empire wouldn't go." At least that was what Kay would do if she was someone like Sarisa. But she wasn't though.

She raised a brow as Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim spoke of hiring an investigator to find her. Was Lori really that important to her to go to such lengths? A big part of her wanted to pay the young woman back the credits that she had spent. "It's not an intrusion at all. I don't really get a lot of visitors. So it's kind of a treat really." Kay sipped her tea. "So how is it that you and Lori had become such good friends? She must have done something for you to come all this way for her." No doubt Lori had saved her life or something. But still, she liked to hear about the exploits of her children. They made her proud and were easily far better citizens of the Galaxy than she had been.

jKpZslA.png
dRUm20K.png

”I don’t want to put you in even greater danger, but thank you for the offer! The problem is that I don't really know anything about the Galaxy, just my home…”

She remarked all this sadly. At first there seemed to be a pleasant surprise at the offering that she was infinitely grateful to Kay for that. For the second part, she got gloomier as she thought about not really knowing the Galaxy because she didn't go anywhere often. After the woman's next words, confusion showed up on her face again.

”Thank you very much, I'm glad you think so.”

Sarisa smiled kindly, blushing again at the next question, as if very embarrassed by what she had heard. Or from the memory itself. Had to take a deep breath before speaking again.

”We have fought side by side against the Eternal Empire several times, and well… I am not the most skillful person in the Unknown region. Yet she was always patient and kind to me, saving my life during a fight. It really hurt that when Loreena was injured, I wasn’t there with her and I couldn’t help her because I was fighting a few hundred meters away with the Sith’s scary monsters. I don’t even know if I’ll ever be able to thank her for that when she saved me. So I think that was the least what I can do, to try to warn you.”

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

"The Galaxy always changes. That's one thing to remember about it, Sarisa. It never stays the same." Wars tended to change things quite a bit. One government could be strong one year and then the next...gone. It was the way of things.

Kay listened as Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim spoke of Loreena saving her life. However there was some news that she didn't expect. "Lori got hurt? Is she okay now? What happened? What battle was this? Who was the Sith that hurt her?" Like nearly every mother, she had a lot of questions. She hoped that Praz wasn't behind another attempt at hurting her family. He already killed one of them.

"She's not going to be able to hide from a message from me now."

jKpZslA.png
dRUm20K.png

”I know, I’m already experiencing, everything was easier when I only knew what was happening on my own planet. Where there was peace…”

Sarisa said sadly at the older woman's words. Looked a little sadly out the window. In terms of what only someone who has experienced and seen a lot of horrors knows, at a pretty young age. Ingrid touched on a very sensitive point with the next topic as she mentioned the girl's injury, Kay immediately became a worried mom. Although she expected it to be so.

There was a moment of surprise on Sarisa's face as Lady Kay suddenly asked her countless questions about Lori. She got so many questions at once that she didn’t even know where to start answering them or what to say. She searched for the words for a good half minute so as not to cause the woman even more pain.

”Yes, she was injured, severely bad, but fortunately she is fine now. Lori was at Lotho Minor the last time I knew about her. It was a fight when EE smuggled false data into our systems and cheated us, the rebellion on one of the planets of the TSE, where they attacked the TSE as well. And we got into a crossfire. Unfortunately, I don't know who it was.”

Just nodded at the next that she was really sending her a message now, the young girl couldn't add anything to that.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Kay nodded as she remembered her own peaceful times. There was a good twenty years that her and Veiere had on Commenor, most of which was spent with their children. Those really were the best years of her life. But now it was all gone...Never to return.

And neither would her happiness.

At least Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim was quick to answer her questions about Lori getting hurt. No doubt she'd need to bring that up when she messages her later.

"Thank you. I'm sure that if it was really dire, I'd of been contacted. Or at least I hope I would." None of the Jedi or anyone Veiere worked for ever let her know about his passing. None of them reached out. Kay was the bearer of bad news for her children, yet as far as she was aware, there was no funeral or ceremony for him at all. Not unlike her previous husband's death. A huge pyre was burned for him and many came to pay their respects...For Veiere, Kay got only silence. It just went to show how far from grace she had fallen.

She was a nobody.

"Where will you be heading off to now?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom