Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Heads are better than One

Hasjo reformed himself with a steeled mind. They had the high ground. An advantage that had been the deciding factor in battles for many a millennium. Though they were out skilled. His head snapped at the family whining of propulsion engines. His black beady eyes squinted into the harsh reflection of the sun. A republic vessel manoeuvred through the airspace, blaster fire hailing down on the earth below. Scorching the once lime, green grass. The familiar light of a Jedi lightsaber came to life, and the Master lept from the ship. Moments before it spun out of control, veering narrowly overheard. Hasjo fell into a crouch as it slammed into the rocks behind him. A wave of heat washed over him. With new-found help, he resolved himself to attack. But before he could join battle, a sickness overcame him. He staggered forward, his limbs feeling weighted down. His mind slowed. He pushed himself, but it was useless. His eyes burned to turn but the very movement itself was slow and difficult.

@Vexander Graves | @Vash Hal'Brok | @Lucien Cordel | @Vash Hal'Brok | @Anaudius |

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
The masked man could feel the aphotic spell take its toll upon the naive Jedi. They thought themselves honorable, but they did not worship the true gods. They served the Force, which was but a power granted by the Aesir. The Nautolan's reeducation would begin with suffering.

Working another spell close upon the heels of the first, Anaudius utilized Summon Fear to bring forth the worst demons of @[member="Hasjo Hallu"]'s nightmares. If all went well the Jedi Padawan would begin to hallucinate the monsters which he feared most. As time wore on, the spell would grow more powerful and the hallucinations more real, eating away at Hasjo's psyche until he broke down in hysterics. He attempted to rummage in the Jedi's mind and bring forth the images which would shatter his will to fight. He would bombard him with sights of sorrow and despair until the Jedi would think the release of his life a mercy. Anaudius hoped to drive the Jedi to the brink of suicide.

Then Liad would tell him whether to kick the Nautolan off into the abyss of death, or to save the heretic from his false idols.

Sweat trickled down his forehead, and he blinked rapidly. A rare sight to see on a Nautolan, for they rarely blinked less to show emotion or in harsh terrain. This was not harsh terrain. He staggered forward, the plasma of his lightsaber diminishing as his thumb removed itself from the trigger. He dropped the hilt, allowing the lightsabter to clatter against the rocks. It rolled and fell down the small cliff, splashing in the water below. He blinked again, everything had become blurred. He fought against it, but the power was greater than he. Hasjo had always been weak in the force. He let out a primal roar, his tendrils shivering. He stumbled and fell to his knees. Weakened by the spells. Where he once stood atop rocks by an aircraft, he now knelt in the Jedi Temple. Or so, that is what he saw, but it was not the truth of things. It was an illusion derived from his inner fears. Before him stood his father, looking down upon him. "You have failed me" his father spoke, and they struck him deep like a thousand daggers.

The temple swirled around him, and now he stood within the halls of the Ossus Jedi Academy. Jedi Masters surrounded him, whispering harshly to one another as they laughed at him. "You'll forever be masterless" they spoke as one. Once more, images danced before him. Throwing him from one fear to another like a helpless rag doll. He stood in the streets of Coruscant, fire burned everywhere. He stood mouth agape, tears welling up in his eyes as they leaked down his cheeks. Towers collapsed, the screams of the dying echoed in the air. The Jedi Temple was ruin. The Sith Empire had returned and destroyed everything. They had killed everyone. Hasjo glanced down to his feet, his father lay there. Motionless. His eyes turned to glass. Dead. He had truly become a victim of this Sith's spell. He was lost in his own fear.

@[member="Anaudius"]

OOC: Sorry, rough weekend :( but I am back

| @[member="Hasjo Hallu"] | @Vash Hal'Brok | @Lucien Cordel | @Vash Hal'Brok | @Anaudius |

The darksider seemed quite reasonable... it was uncommon for Vex to witness such... politeness.

Nevertheless, the Jedi Master couldn't ignore the pain that the masked darksider was summoning on the nautolan apprentice. Vexander knew how to sense his surroundings and feel through the Force the changes in the currents, and he knew that he was placing a darkside spell in the apprentice's mind.

Standing in a straight position and placing himself in the makashi opening stance just as the reasoable darksider did, he proceeded to change his focus into the mind of the nautolan summoning a calmness through the Force that would invigorate the green apprentice Remember your training young one... keep your mind in the present... keep your mind in what is happening... use the Force and let it guide you... there is no fear... whispered telepathically through the Force urging him to follow the code.

Once again, the Master's attention changed to the two darksdiers and remained neutral... his face didn't show any type of demeanor other than calmness, of the biggest traits of the corellian Jedi "You are under Republic's jurisdiction as soon as you entered the system..." Vexander pondered quickly and decided to reach a decision "...for that reason, first you need to tell this apprentice to mind his own place, his actions contradict your token of good will. Second, what are the crimes commited by your prisoner?" acting like a Jedi diplomat... not his style but it seemed that he would save more lives in that way... at least for the moment.

Lucien was pleased to see that he and the Jedi had not yet resorted to fighting, The Jedi were beginning to gain a reputation for their warmongering and aggression he was glad to see that it was, at least for some Jedi, undeserved.
He cocked his head as the master requested he dealt with the zealot his maintained a neutral expression "He is not my apprentice, My Lord Jedi, thus I have no control over him or his actions but I will ask him never the less ..." He didn't look away from the Jedi whilst addressing @[member="Anaudius"] "Your reverence, Please desist with your hostile action I am trying to negotiate and you are undermining me" He was unsure whether he would be listened to but he hoped the gesture would be appreciated by the Master before him. He also had a few ways to stop the priest but they were unpleasant and taxing so he would prefer no to need them.
He then addressed the Jedi's next question "The occupant is a spice smuggler and I have strong suspicions that he is a thief, I believe the Priest is here to investigate a charge of Heresy but that has nothing to do with me and being the senior of us, I will be the one who arrests and tries him his fate after that is out of my hands ... Unless the republic would seek to seize him instead" He hoped to be able to arrest the smuggler and leave quietly, fighting with swords was for people who had yet to grow into their brains or who had no other choice.

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
Hostility turned to negotiations in the blink of an eye. Anaudius could not but admit confusion at the sudden shift in the demeanor of the Jedi assailants, particularly the one whose gunship had opened fire without second thought. The High Councilor seemed to have masterfully diffused the situation. A skill the so-called Jedi Peacekeepers would do well to learn.

The lead Jedi appeared to have mistaken him for some sort of apprentice of @[member="Lucien Cordel"]'s. An interesting assumption, though false. Nevertheless, the hooded cleric of Moross acquiesced to the High Councilor's request. The sickness and fear ravaging @[member="Hasjo Hallu"] suddenly ceased as Anaudius severed both spells.

Anaudius moved out from the thick foliage to stand beneath the shaded eaves of the tree line.

@[member="Vexander Graves"]

Remember your training young one... keep your mind in the present... keep your mind in what is happening... use the Force and let it guide you... there is no fear...

Words whispered to him. He couldn't locate the origin. He was alone, with the corpse of his father and the defeat of the Republic. He heard the words again, louder than before. He frowned, realising what was being said. He focused, but the force had always been his utter most weak point. He was not as skilled as the others. He tried to feel for it, but nothing came. It eluded him. But the enchantment was broken irregardless, for [member="Anaudius"] had halted his spell craft.
He found himself kneeling on the rocks, dazed and confused. He blinked thrice as the landscape returned to him. He reached for his belt in defence, but found no lightsaber. He had dropped it. He glanced around, eyes searching for the hilt but found nothing. He turned to Vexander Graves and listened, watching the procession. He was right, this was Republic jurisdiction. And willing, they had no right to take away this man, for this was Republic space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom