Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Can Keep a Secret, If...

nightlife-CDLC-large.jpg

Prosperia, Dosuun

As the sounds of the lilting melody of couples dance echoed through the hallways, Ara steered her friend and fellow Ren towards the upstairs of the Opera house. [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] had requested a private conversation, something that couldn't wait. And so the two girls found themselves in a empty lounge, far from the main attraction of the Military Ball.

Smiling at the grandeur of the room, Ara made her way to one of the private alcoves along the wall, plush seats with hanging curtains for dividers. She found herself admiring the décor, wondering if the Ren would disapprove with her redecorating her small quarters in a similar style.

She patted the cushion next to her, tugging her friend down to lounge beside her.

"Now what was so urgent that it couldn't wait until after a dance?"

The tone was reproachful, but the smile encouraging.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_AyjjBAV8c[/youtube]

When the two entered the room Kaalia's nervosity spiked. There was no way back now, and she had to say it. It was probably for the better if [member="Ara Ren"] knew. The woman was glad the room was otherwise empty, it was quite a sensitive topic for her. She had never told anyone before, Ara would be the first one to know, which made it even harder to let her friend know. But it had to be done.

Sitting down, Ara got a bit impatient. This particular moment weighed heavily on the redhead, but it seemed her friend didn't notice it that well. "I have never told anyone before, but I think it's necessary. I trust you enough to let you know." She took a deep breath, almost bracing herself. "You have to promise though," She looked at the woman with a serious look, mixed with anxiety. "that you will tell nobody. This is between you and me." Kaalia sounded adamant, not willing to spill this secret freely. "Can you do that for me?"

Ara raised an eyebrow and leaned back against the wall, curious as to the nature of such a secret. And trust? That was a new one. The disciple could count on one hand the number of people in her life who had grown to trust her, and most had regretted it in the end. She masked her thoughts with a polite smile and patted her friend on the hand.

"I'm not sure what this secret is that has you so...frazzled, but I can honestly say that I have no reason, much less anyone, to tell your secret to."

She pulled her hand back and crossed her arms over her abdomen, her soft smile fading to a look of calculation. The girl had been anxious and stressed all evening, even more so when invited to dance. Perhaps she had a history with a gentleman that was less than proper?

She shook her head a little. No, it was something else. She sensed fear in [member="Kaalia Voldaren"]'s aura, the force reacting to her heightened sense of stress and anxiety. A look of sympathy crossed her face, she knew all too well how those emotions mixed and created a whirlwind one had a hard time escaping.

And so she sat and waited.

"Well, here goes..." Kaalia shifted uncomfortably, taking another deep breath while looking at the wall in front of her. "I... How do I say this..." She struggled to find the words she needed, letting some silence fall. "I'll just get to the point. I... I'm into girls. I have no interest in men like you do, but I don't know how to talk about it." She sighed, and it seemed a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders. All of the redhead's anxiety was based on this fact. The style of event wasn't something she was used to, but it was managable. The fact she'd have to avoid any interest from the men that attended the ball is what scared her most.

"That's why I felt out of place, why I was so nervous all the time, why I didn't want to dance with anyone." Being able to throw her feelings out there felt liberating, all those years of cropping them up but now everything was bursting from the seams. "I've never been able to trust anyone enough to tell them, but for some reason you're the first one. It's such a relief that it's out there now." She finally turned to look at [member="Ara Ren"], having no idea how she would react.

Ara listened while her friend talked, a wide grin spreading across her face. She knew it would be rude to laugh, would hurt the other girl's feelings, so she choked the laughter bubbling up, back. When the girl finished, she merely raised an eyebrow, her expression slightly incredulous.

"Is that all? You like girls? So do half of the people in that ballroom, maybe more than half."

She chuckled lightly, shaking her head ad sending her hair flying around her shoulders. She shifted, curling her legs under her and leaning closer to her friend.

"You do realize that a dance is just a dance right?"

She narrowed her eyes, a sly smile crossing her face.

"Do you believe I am interested in every man I flirt or dance with?" She barked out harsh laughter, taking one of [member="Kaalia Voldaren"]'s hand in hers. Her gaze took in the woman from head to toe, appraising. "You need to learn how to use what you've been given, not run from it. It doesn't matter who you are interested in, as long as the person you are dancing with thinks it's them." She patted her friend's hand and set it down, reclining again, the appraising look still there.

"You're right, a dance is just a dance. Just... The combination of the setting, the dress, the heels, and what I just told you just was a bit too much for me. I'm really not used to this." Kaalia got a bit shy, realizing how odd it would have sounded to [member="Ara Ren"]. Her friend was used to things like this, but the redhead was a very modest woman. "I know I'm overreacting, but I'm not like you." Her laugh was strangely comforting, and she let Ara take her hand for a moment. "I guess that's true. You're right." Looking back at her friend, Kaalia nodded. "I needed that. There's nothing strange about it. Thanks."

"Gosh, I'm so awkward. I could use some of your confidence." The redhead let out a chuckle, clearly feeling a lot better. "I'm glad you're here. I hope I'm as good as a friend to you as you are to me." The lightened tone crept back into her voice now, anxiety subsiding. "It may not seem like it, but the fact you push my limits is appreciated." The alcohol was mostly talking now, but it was the truth.

Ara chuckled, "Yes, you do." She wasn't going to sugar coat it. The younger Ren could use a dash of confidence in her demeanor. She raised an eyebrow at the woman as she mentioned pushing her limits. "Oh really?" She purred, sitting up a little straighter and eyeing the room around them. The lilting tune of the couple's dance floated into the lounge from the monitors around the opera house.

She shifted until she was able to set her heels lightly on the ground, the wicked smile and glint in her eyes boding ill for [member="Kaalia Voldaren"]. "If pushing your limits is a good thing, then you owe me a dance. You wouldn't dance with any of the gentlemen I introduced you to, so you owe me one instead."

She grabbing Kaalia's hand and dragged her up out of the seat without waiting for an answer. Promptly pulling the girl closer, she rested her hand on the red-head's lower back and kept hold of her other hand tightly, in case the girl tried to bolt.

She was shorter by almost half a foot, even with the heels, but it didn't bother her in the least. "So, I guess this means we'll have to find you a cute little thing, instead of a handsome gentleman. More for me, I guess." She winked at the girl and continued leading the dance.

"I guess I don't have much of a choice- Whoah!" Kaalia was pulled up from her seat, and now looked [member="Ara Ren"] in the face. As she was pulled closer a red color appeared on her face, coupled with a suprised smile. "I should've expected that." The woman didn't resist, as much as Kaalia wasn't the dancing type her friend at least deserved this much. Resting her hand on Ara's lower back, mirroring the position, she let her dancing partner take the lead. The heels didn't help, but the redhead put in the effort to not let it interrupt their movement. "I don't like to owe people, so show me how to dance."

Kaalia chuckled at Ara's remark. "I'd hate to be your competition, and not just because I consider you a friend. You'd steal everyone away in a heartbeat!" The flame-haired woman slowly got accustomed to the flow of the dance now, and against all of her expectations found some enjoyment in it. She loosened up a bit more, letting the music and her friend lead her steps. "I haven't said it yet, and I'm sure you you it yourself, but you look stunning." Looking her in the eyes, Kaalia let a joking tone slip into her voice. "If you ever change your mind..." A grin formed across her face, making it obvious she wasn't serious.

Ara chuckled and returned the playful grin with a seductive one of her own, turning it on full-force. "Who said I wasn't interested?" She purred, releasing [member="Kaalia Voldaren]'s back and spinning her out gently.

She closed her eyes and laughed, returning her hand to the small of the girl's back and continuing the movement in time with the music. "I agree. But speaking of stunning, that dress I picked out is perfect on you. You should dress up more." She winked, not bothering to hide her confidence or vanity.

She thought about the fact that her friend had absolute faith in her ability to command all of the attention away. It was true, she was good at the game and she was gorgeous, but so was Kaalia, or she would be with a little more self-confidence. "I'd hate to be my competition too." She joked, eyes sparkling with humor. "Although, if you were interested, I'd leave one or two for you. Can't have them all, can I?"

"Let's teach you how to dance properly shall we? I'll lead." She paused their dance and adjusted their stance.

"As the lead, my hand on your back acts as a guide, like so." She stepped forward and resumed her position with a light touch to Kaalia's lower back, taking the red-head's left hand in her right. "Your right hand should go on my left shoulder, or if you really like the person, around their neck."

She waited for Kaalia to do so and then started their dance up again, using slight bits of pressure to help guide the girl in the directions she needed them to go. The younger girl's nerves made her shaky but Ara ignored that, just enjoying the joy of teaching someone to let loose.

"Now you're just getting my hopes up!" The spin went surprisingly well, feeling a bit of freedom as Kaalia went. "Or was that the intention?" The two went back to the original position, in sync with the music. "I never really bother with that, to be entirely honest. Besides, I don't really have the eye for it. Perhaps I'm too simple for dressing up." The redhead still was a bit shaky on her heels, but it was getting better. "I think I'll stick to my preferences, but it's good to hear you're willing to share with me." The lighthearted tone of the conversation did the woman well.

[member="Ara Ren"] seemed eager to teach Kaalia, and so their stance changed. The flame-haired woman put her right hand on her dancing partner's left shoulder, as instructed, and Ara guided her through the motions. It was a new experience to Kaalia, but she could get used to it.

She laughed loudly and smiled, winking at her friend. "Maybe I am, maybe I'm not." She picked the pace up a bit as [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] found her footing and became more comfortable with the movements. Another spin out and back.

She eyed the girl, looking thoroughly unamused at her analysis of herself. "You look amazing and if you keep saying things like that, I will drag you shopping until there is nothing to wear other than dresses and your robes." She laughed again, the threat not completely untrue. She made mental note to actually take the girl shopping for clothes that flattered her. They were Knights of Ren, but they could still look good on their off time.

As they continued to dance, Ara decided that some honest and friendly teasing was needed. "So, if we are going to find you a little hottie to snuggle with, I need to know what you like? Short? Tall? Shy? Bold? Blonde? Brunette? Red-heads?" She raised her eyebrows at the last one, eyeing Kaalia's own fiery hair, her eyes sparkling.

"I'm surprisingly okay with that answer. It's very you. The mystique is alluring." Kaalia laughed, having fun with the way the conversation was going. The second spin was a liberating one, fully cooperating with [member="Ara Ren"] as she went back to the dance afterwards. Perhaps it was the alcohol that made it enjoyable, but she didn't care. "Could you imagine what someone's reaction would be if they walked into this? They would never believe us!"

"Maybe you should. You have better taste than me, and it would save me time." Not once had Kaalia seen Ara in something that didn't suit her, something she considered quite impressive. Perhaps an upgrade in that regard would boost her confidence a bit, who knew? "I hate shopping though, but that's just me."

The redhead almost lost her footing as she burst out in laughter. The question was very direct, but the tone of it caught her off-guard. The woman rebalanced herself as she went to answer the question. "I'm not too picky, but someone to offset my... Less than bold personality would be nice. I like the adventurous type. I'm not a huge fan of blonde, but most hair colors are fine. Darker hair colors are definitely a good thing though. Size doesn't matter. Am I leaving too many options open?" Kaalia chuckled for a moment. "I'm open to new things, though."

Ara smiled wickedly. "They would be insanely jealous of two gorgeous women dancing together at a ball filled with equally handsome men looking for partners. They would wonder how a man could ever compete with either of us." She winked and laughed whole-heartedly. The music died down and Ara lead them back to the small alcove, sitting with her right should against the wall, legs curled up under the train of her dress, and body reclined on one of the pillows. For now she was content to keep the moment a private one between her and [member="Kaalia Voldaren"], the poor girl had been embarrassed enough already.

"How does a shopping trip sound before we leave for Val'hala?"

Avalonia had one of the best shopping districts in First Order space and they'd be fools to squander the opportunity that was presented.

"Dark hair and adventurous, hmmmm?" A smug smile curled up both corners of her mouth, eyes glinting that familiar mischievous glint that was a standard around Kaalia.

"I'm starting to believe you weren't just joking earlier. I wonder..." She leaned forward, one hand tracing the lacy sleeves of the dress Kaalia was wearing. When their faces were inches away, Ara turned, whispering directly in the younger girl's ear. "What if I said yes?"

The two sat back down after the music died down, and Kaalia revealed a grin. "How funny would it be to steal a pretty lady away right in front of a man? Perhaps one day..." She played out the scenario in her head, amused by it. "That way I'm eliminating the very little competition that you did have!"

"You're asking that like I have a choice. I think we both know you won't take no for an answer." That's the way [member="Ara Ren"] was, and so the redhead would likely be dragged along along the streets of Avalonia. She'd have to invest in a new closet for her clothes, no doubt.

Ara then came closer, leaning forward. For a moment she looked into Ara's mischievous eyes before she turned to her ear and whispered. Kaalia felt her hand trace the sleeves of her dress, and she wondered if her friend was just looking to poke fun at the fact her preferences matched the one sitting next to her quite well. Perhaps this was just a game, and so the woman decided that she would try to play along. "Well, wouldn't you like to know? I can't give away all of my secrets in one night. Was I joking or was I not? What would I do if you said yes?"

Ara chuckled and pulled away slightly, brushing her long hair way from her face with one hand. [member="Kaalia Voldaren"]'s new boldness pleased her to no end. It seemed that the simple act of getting her secret off of her chest was liberating enough to relax the red-head. From experience, she knew the flirty, easy tone was a game in it's own, both girls calling the other's bluff. Ara's grin widened as she realized they were in a stalemate of wits, neither one willing to back down.

"Say yes and you'll find out."

She leaned back in her chair, dropping her hand from the girl's sleeve. She idly wondered if they should rejoin the rest of the attendees downstairs. After all, it was a charity event and they hadn't even had a chance to enjoy dinner yet. But this moment, and the company, was too good to pass up. The moment they returned to mingle among the masses, Kaalia would no doubt return to the nervous, shy wall-flower she'd been for the beginning of the evening and Ara was loathe to break that.

She flagged down a passing waiter and ordered a drink, a simple glass of wine. She raised an eyebrow at Kaalia, inquiring as to her drink of choice. The waiter hurried off with their orders and Ara turned her appraising gaze to the woman across from her.

"As for eliminating competition, any jealous ex's I should be aware of?"

The light-hearted and flirty tone was still present, but at this point she believed that they both knew their relationship was purely platonic, despite the flirtatious undertones. If Kaalia had been interested in Ara, she doubted the girl would have the nerve to come out to her in the first place.

Kaalia was very tempted to see how she would react to a yes, but realized what game [member="Ara Ren"] was playing. She wouldn't lose the game they were playing, more matter how curious she would get. "You and me both know that's the same as admitting defeat. I'm still not sure of your true intentions, why would I treat you with mine? I'm not leaving my heart to the whims of another. Not like that." The redhead crossed her legs, letting her left elbow rest on them. Her head in turn rested in the palm of her hand. As the waiter walked by she ordered a glass of wine of her own. A whispered "You're going to have to try harder than that." escaped the woman's lips, gazing at Ara with a grin.

Kaalia chuckled at the notion of Ara's question. "There are no jealous exes to speak of. Or any exes for that matter, actually. I've been living the single life so far." Kaalia looked directly in her friend's eyes, the grin still there. "A clean slate, yet to be filled in by someone in any way they want."

Bursting into full-throated laughter, the disciple saluted her friend with the glass of wine, taking a long sip. She smiled approvingly at her friend. "Now this, this is how you flirt." She winked at [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] and set the glass down, eyeing her from across the table.

"So all one has to do to get you to liven up is offer a dance and a glass of wine, hmm?"

She tilted her head, speculating at the easy change in the girl's demeanor in the last few minutes. She'd gone from anxious to a comfortable, casual teasing just by the pure act of relieving herself of a burden. And here she comes to find out the girl is completely inexperienced. A soft sigh escaped her lips and she shook her head ruefully.

"Such a shame. We'll have to change that." She tapped her fingernails on the table in thought.

"I'm learning from the best." Kaalia answered, raising her own glass and taking a sip. "I have to admit, it is fun." The redhead was always more reserved and silent, but the combination of the drinks she had enjoyed and [member="Ara Ren"] provoking the behavior caused her to loosen up. "Perhaps I should practice on you more often." she said, returning the wink.

"It seems so, but pretty ladies always make me do things that seem out of character." A laugh followed as the woman shook her head. "I'll stop now." She took another sip from her glass before putting it down.

Ara's sigh said enough but her reaction to Kaalia's non-existant dating past. "I wouldn't oppose it. Are you going to drag me halfway through the galaxy to hit up as many bars as possible now to find someone now?" Her tone turned to a joking one. "I'll add it to the list of things you're going to make me do."

"Practice on me anytime, love." She purred, her voice dropping into the smoky register she normally reserved for gentlemen of the wealthy persuasion.

She raised an eyebrow, a smug smile appearing at the [member="Kaalia Voldaren"]'s easy comment about pretty girls and Ara dragging her across the galaxy. Of course she was going to.

"Only if you protest too much. I was just going to suggest as many social events," She gestured to the room and building around them with her left hand casually. "Such as this one, but if you would prefer to go on a pub crawl, far be it for me to deny you."

She raised her eyebrows, smiling curling up in laughter. She finished her drink and stood, offering her hand to the woman across from her.

"Unless you have more deep dark secrets you would like to share, shall we rejoin the rest?" Her eyes crinkled in easy humor, her tone teasing again. "And perhaps we can finally get you that dance with a proper young gentleman, hmm?"

"If I had a choice between this and a pub crawl, I'll happily choose the second. It's a lot more casual and doesn't require me to kill my feet with heels." Kaalia would definitely not mind never attending a ball again. She was a lot more comfortable about the premise of it now though. "Getting to know people is a lot easier when you're comfortable."

"I suppose we can head back now, I've said what I wanted to say." The woman chuckled a bit at [member="Ara Ren"]'s statement. "I just told you I prefer dancing with the ladies, and that's what you want me to do? Come on now..." She got up, ready to rejoin the rest of the attendees. "But I promise," the redhead winked at Ara, "If a stunner catches my eye I will at least give it a shot." She started moving towards the exit of the room, waiting for Ara to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom