Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Two Bitter Emo Girls Have A Talk

Testing.png

Watching over Mandalore's wastes from the tower, Gwyneira Vizsla held her buy'ce against her beskar'gam's chestplate. Hood over her head, her long hama flowed in the parched winds as she stood there, contemplating. She needed to return to Kestri soon, and return to her duties as a Karjr. But the Arkanian hybrid felt a pull towards Mandalore as well. Once the Crusades were finished, she hoped that the Enclave would have the strength remaining to aid in the rebuilding project here.

Snow white hair drapped over Gwyn's cybernetic amber eyes. She sensed a Force presence nearby, approaching. Actually, she had sensed her from a long ways off. It was an aged, forlorn Force Signature ravaged with woe and confusion. Gwyn frowned, as the woman approached. She knew exactly who this was, just by reading the Force Signature and matching it with what she knew.

"Mia Ordo. Mand'Alor the Liberator. It's an honor."

She reached up with her four digit hand, pulling her hood down. "I really wish you would have won that civil war. I may be Vizsla, but that Ra was a tyrant."

She turned to face Mia Monroe Mia Monroe . A respectful gaze was in her eyes, and she dipped her head in respects. "I'm glad you've returned to help your people now. I'm tied up at Kestri, but I wish you and our new Mand'Alor, the Rekindler, the best of luck. I respect Ijaat Mereel greatly."

Behind the respect, however, was an ocean of sorrow. Bitterness, apathy, and downpours of woe. Utterly depressed, dead in the eyes, Gwyn said one more thing.

"My daughter talks a lot. She told me a lot about you."

She smiled a tiny smile, "Thank you, earnestly, for keeping an eye on my adi'ka."

Testing.png

Mia moved to join her on the towers parapets, hands resting on the rough stone letting out a low chuckle. "I think thats the first time in this life that anyone has said its an honour when I've stepped into their presence."

Sadness tugged at her heart. She hated the view from up here, what had once been lush and green, was dead and yellow. The ground parched as far as the eye can see. It was something she would never get over.

"She's a good kid. You did well raising her." She turned her attention to Gwyn. "I'm not kind to her, though I'm sure she's told you that. But I can promise you I will guide her, and protect her."

Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

Testing.png

Gwyneira scoffed in amusement, gazing out to the wastes below. "Oh, she's told me that you have some bite. But she's used to it."

The Karjr smirked, "Her ba'buir could be quite strict, and auntie was the living definition of snark. I have my moments too. I'm sure Elise has had her tongue and cheek moments with you too. It runs in the family, after all. And I'm sure you'll keep a good eye on her. She's gone down a path I can't follow her on, so I was only able to hope in all her family has taught her. But now, she has you to guide where I can't."

Her smirk faded into a soft, sad smile. "Was I a good buir? I did my best, to raise my girls. I can understand why Elise left and betrayed the Enclave. She's standing up for what she believes in. I'm proud, and yet, I wonder why she couldn't stay to be a voice of caution within our Enclave..."

She looked down, frowning. "And Mevia..."

She closed her eyes, "I could never cure the rage in her, no matter how hard I tried. She's-she's still a sweet girl. But..."

She looked away, shame covering her. Her hair blew over her face, and she lowered her hands to her sides. She held her buy'ce in one hand, as it tapped her cybernetic leg with a clunk.

"All I want now is for them to survive. I am loyal to Kestri, because it's my home, but I wouldn't hesitate to defy the Enclave if they jeopardize my daughters. My buir has forsaken me for duty, again. It's a pain I refuse to impart upon those girls..."

She heaved a sigh, looking over to Monroe with a face that was far older than she actually was, "You had children, yes? If my history lessons serve me correct."

Testing.png

Mia snorted. "Have you ever tried to be a voice of reason to crusaders?" she shook her head "Its like standing in the way of a landslide. If she'd stayed they would have suffocated her and snuffed out her fight. She did the right thing, don't doubt her on that." Mia's tone was a little short, the protective edge she'd developed for Elise coming out a little sharper than she'd intended. She wasn't going to apologize though.

She didn't comment on Mevia, Elise and she had not discussed her sister at any length. She suspected the girl had a lot to be angry about, she looked away allowing Gwyn privacy in her moment of shame her eyes settling back on the wastelands that stretched before them, lowering to rest her forearms on the low wall.

"Yes, I had a daughter. She would have been a little older than you..." she trailed off and shook her head. "I wasn't fit to be a mother, I left her with her father to raise. He was a good man. She was a teenager during the civil war, when Ra broadcast my death...I can't imagine what it would have done to her." she sighed "She never had the love she needed from me, so perhaps all it did was bring her joy."

Sadness engulfed her, threatening to drag her into the abyss of grief that was always so close. "Carnifex's Rooks killed her in the purge. So I will never know for sure."

Testing.png

Gwyn looked at Mia with a grim agreeableness at her point of view on Elise's defection. Gwyn's eyes narrowed, "Manda knows I've tried. But even the vod I've looked up to since I was young, even my own father, won't see reason... But still, I wished she could have stayed with me. As selfish as that is."

But then, Mia mentioned her troubled past with her own daughter, and the grand tragedy that was their destiny to be separated. Gwyn's eyes widened, and she bit her lip as Mia's abandonment triggered her own memories. She still remembered how distant Eliz Krayt had been, even after their marriage, and even after he brought two children into their lives. Elise was eleven, and Mevia was nine, the last time Eliz had been home. He left... he left them all, chasing his eternal quest to aid his Chiss people. Gwyneira had hunkered down and remained, raising the girls herself the best she could. Eliz was Force Dead, making it impossible for Gwyn to track his Force Signature. She had assumed him dead for years...

Tears flooded Gwyn's eyes as she looked away, gritting her teeth. She clenched the buy'ce in her hand as tears fell.

"Elise's father abandoned her, abandoned us, abandoned me a decade ago. It took a lot, for me to cope. Not a day goes by that I wish he chose us, and not the Chiss. But then again, maybe my own clinginess pushed him away. It wasn't the first time he disappeared without a trace..."

She lifted her spare hand and pulled her white hair behind her ears. She sniffled, defeated, and wiped her tears away with her kama. She sighed, shuddered, and looked at Mia with a bitter expression. "I never understood it, putting a sense of duty over family. All duty has ever done to me is bring misery and woe. Because every. time. duty calls my loved ones again..."

She scowled, tears doubling once more, "They leave me behind!"

It was safe to say, Gwyneira had lost a portion of the respect she had for the Liberator.

Testing.png

Mia felt a flicker of anger rise in her chest at Gwyn's reaction, as she projected her own experience of being left behind onto her and Cory's relationship.

"I didn't abandon her. I gave her a fighting chance." She replied coldly, there were things that the history books left out.

"When she was born I was dar'manda. I was hunted for my crimes, there was nowhere I could go that was safe. Inhad to keep her away, because if they'd known about her, they would have killed her. I did what I did out of love, not out of duty."

She pushed herself upright. "Add to that my...mental state..." she turned her back on the wastes, leaning against the wall and folding her arms. "She was safer and happier in her fathers care. Judge me all you like, it was the right thing to do for the sake of her survival at the time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom