Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twisted Life

Outer Rim - Unnamed Planet
[member="Kiran Arlos"]

There were many worlds in the outer rim that had practically been forgotten.

It didn't matter how developed they were, how advanced or even how economically strong they were, mostly simply didn't recognize their name. Even Aela was guilty of this at times, either because she simply had never heard of them or because they themselves wanted to remain hidden. It was a fact of life in the galaxy today that the ongoing wars were something most Planets would rather avoid.

With all the fighting between Empire's, Alliances, and Consortiums it was no wonder that some...would rather be forgotten.

Of course being forgotten could sometimes be just as bad as being remembered. Whereas war ravaged some worlds, disease and pestilence ravaged others. It was something that most would rather not talk about, but Aela had seen it before. Her lips were thin as she stepped off the ramp from her shuttle, her eyes already fallen on the city below. She could smell the rotten flesh in the air, the diseased waste.

She could see the fear in the huddle masses of the hangar bay, the way they stuck together and held onto one another as they desperately tried to rationalize what had been happening on their world. Slowly Aela shook her head, her eyes wandering towards a small retinue of well dressed men heading towards her.

"Master Jedi, thank you for coming."

Aela remained silent for a moment, then bowed her head. "I am happy to help, Governor."

She was no healer, she had no great knowledge in medicine, but that didn't matter. She was here to offer her assistance, at least as best as she could.

"Please." She begged. "Take me to the nearest aid station."

She needed to see with her own eyes.

Kiran Arlos

K
There had been a great many things Kiran had dealt with in his life. While Kiran could argue, albeit he never did because it wasn't worth it. He could argue that he had dealt with many things during his time on Corellia. He had fought in small firefights around the Capital and dealt with murderers and thugs too many to count. Yet nothing could've prepared him for what he would face on this day. The look of fear and terror on the people's eyes was enough to inform him that something dark and terrible was going on. Kiran had made it towards one of the aid stations already, standing on the rooftop as he stared out over the landscape. This area among many others had been guarded and as best as they could be.

"What are they?" Kiran asked, the question carried many questions to be quite honest. The young man looked through some binoculars out in the distance as he observed some of the creatures, wandering around, looking for something.....unbeknownst to him something to appease their hunger. The young man had come on his own accord as whispers and rumors had reached Ilum about what was happening. Kiran had volunteered to come and find out what was going on. And truth be told he still wasn't sure, he promised he would report back with anything he found.

"I've never dealt with something like this before." The Doctor said quietly. "We've quarantined this area just like many other stations near here. We have volunteers coming in from various places. I've just received word that a Jedi Master is on her way here now."

"Good." Kiran said slightly relieved that someone else was on their way, to assist. "That's very good, I'm worried this is beyond my skill, I will do what is necessary to protect the people that remain. But is there any hope for those already infected?" The last question he asked was more rhetorical than anything, as he took one last look through the binoculars at the creatures, before following the doctor back through to meet the Jedi Master.

[member="Aela Talith"]

[member="Kiran Arlos"]

Her hand ran through her hair.

Rakghouls.

She had seen this before in Alliance space. Usually the disease wasn't spread very far because of quarantine measures but this... this was a full blown outbreak. Her lips thinned as she looked at the datapad, her eyes fixed on some of the statistics about the rate of infection and everything that had already happened. Thousands had become ill, hundreds were in the hospital but countless were still within the city itself. They were spread out, and with no vaccine...

"Poodoo." She cursed quietly.

There wasn't much hope for those infected for longer than a day, she already knew that much just from experience.

"You need to quarantine the city." She told the man beside her. "No one goes in, no one goes out."

The man stammered, but Aela didn't give him time to argue. The measures were harsh, but it was exactly what was needed. No infected person could leave the city, and whats more they had to shut down the starport. This planet was now locked down, it needed to be. If the Rakghoul plague broke out into the galaxy it could be a travesty that went completely unrivalled. She scowled slightly, glancing up just as two men entered the tent. Her eyebrow perked slightly.

"Who are you?" She sounded annoyed, as though she had no time for greetings.

Kiran Arlos

K
The smell had lingered around before, however more so now he could smell the foul odor in the air. Kiran's brow furrowed slightly as he made a small face for a few moments before the moments passed as he had gotten over it. Kiran knew it wasn't a smell he'd want to get used to. He felt that he'd have to as the situation here wasn't getting any better. And no telling how long it would be before these peoples lives would return to normal.The young man felt at some point during this situation he could request help from the Iron Empire, but with the little information he had it was difficult to go further from here.

He wouldn't leave here until this whole situation was resolved though and this place was set straight.

The doctor led them into one of the many tents set up and he was immediately greeted, quite warmly he felt.

"I'm Kiran, an apprentice with the Iron Empire. Here to assist as much as I can." Kiran walked forward towards the woman and held his hand out towards her. "What's the situation, most of these doctors haven't seen something like this from what I gathered, and neither have I."

[member="Aela Talith"]

[member="Kiran Arlos"]

She perked an eyebrow.

The Iron Empire? As far as Aela was aware they mostly kept to themselves as a government, neither aggressive nor truly...evil. She frowned for a moment, glancing up and down as the man seemingly expected an answer. She considered for a moment, then let out a sigh.

"The Rakghoul plague has taken hold on this planet." It was best to explain this simply. "It's a disease that...transforms victims into mindless creatures called Rakghouls."

She frowned for a moment.

"As far as I know the effects are irreversible once the transformation actually happens, infection can be spread through diseased blood, bites, Rakghoul venom." She listed off the handful of transition vectors. From her last run in with Rakghouls she actually knew quite a bit about the, but of course there was one glaring problem; She wasn't a doctor. Aela had no real medical training and she had absolutely no idea how to stop any of this.

At least not really.

"We need to contact the Alliance." She told the young man and the doctor. "Quarantine the planet."

Kiran Arlos

K
[member="Aela Talith"]

"If it's simply irreversible and there is not cure, then the only option is to destroy these creatures right?" Kiran asked in between the doctor and the woman. Kiran wasn't no genius, but he did possess a higher level of intelligence than the average person and that seemed the only course from here. She mentioned alerting the alliance and Kiran wondered and he was sure that he could secure a detachment of Iron Empire soldiers down this way, if not at least members of the Iron Legion whom the young man position was in.

"Is there any sort of immunization or anything of that sort to help."

Kiran glanced out towards the tent and for a moment the world itself seemed a whole lot bigger from inside here. It was a wonder why no one traveled beyond certain borders and such. For reasons such as these, Kiran wasn't one of those people though. He would do the best he could and fight for as long as he could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom