Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twins Suns, Twin Lives

Surface, Tatooine
Designation - Illyria Syresh
Status - Feigned Confidence | Self Doubting
Armor - Auxila Combat Suit
Weapons - Helius BR | Xiphos Vibroblade
Interacting With - ["member="Vatari Syndal"]
UQdU2QC.png

"I'm nobody anymore. The Mandalorians took that from me, my identity, my belonging. I need to find my place, a new place to call home. Among all...all of this karking crap. Then, at least...I will know if I deserved to live."

Illyria Syresh

She didn't know what to do. She didn't know why she was here, she didn't even know what she was 'supposed' to do here. Her body sat atop of a weathered crate of some sort, with a golden helmet laying against the side of the crate as though it needed support of some sort, as if it needed comfort of some sort, to help it stand upright. Much like the blue-skinned woman who sat on the crate, Illyria. Even after the events of the Great Hunt had transpired, she didn't know what to do with herself or what she could do with herself. Getting out there and doing something had helped temporarily to quell and subdue her own thoughts of loneliness and lack of courage. Though, that had all been temporary. Now, she was feeling those thoughts all the more now as she sat there, waiting. Waiting to find something to do, to have something to do. She didn't want to do anything in truth nor did she know how to truly motivate herself to do anything. But, it had helped the last time. Illyria hoped that it would help this time as well as she suffered through the constant emotional downtroddenness she felt on a daily basis now.

Some days she would feel as though a needle was prickling at her heart and at her mind, as though she was in some great pain of course. Which she was, she didn't know how to handle grief and depression. She didn't know if there was a way to solve such things.

It alluded Illyria's mind as to why she was here. She was new, she didn't know how to anything. She had just learned how to shoot a gun a week or two ago, and then subsequently, killed somebody that same day. A thought which still made the woman feel sick to her stomach whenever she thought back to it. She hoped that she wouldn't have to kill anybody again, though, she knew better than that considering what organization she was working for. Still, she struggled to figure out and find a reason as to why her, her of all people, the newbie who didn't know how to shoot a gun straight, was here of all places on some type of contract she supposed.

TofydFv.png
PBZUHYy.png
DoWygTT.png
i3ZgJBb.png
Contract Status: In Progress
Terms: Dead - Only Payout
Target: Vendrick Schal, Millionaire Extraordinaire
t4BKzvo.png
"Although I may come from a life of chains. The Goddess of the Sun chose me to guide them."
~ Vatari Syndal ~
The arid winds of Tatooine refused to let up. The drifting sands weaved back and forth as the twin suns performed a natural phenomenon. Double noon, it occurred when both suns were highest in the sky. Worse than that, the temperatures that came with a double noon effect were dangerous. Regardless, the indigenous people of Tatooine grew to endure. Although, those that were visitors, naturally stayed inside. Expect for one in particular, a woman that would strangely touchdown on the surface just to watch the spectacle. Almost as if she knew when to be there, watching and waiting for the twin suns to brighten her day. Unfortunately, this was not one of those days.

Vatari Syndal had arrived moments ago, prepared and armored up. Despite the double noon in the sky, she could not watch today. No, instead she would be helping out a recruit in the Golden Company. It had been months since her own first mission and despite her own black sheep antics, passed with flying colors. Everyone had to prove themselves to the cause. This was just another day for Vatari. It was a kill or be killed world and after everything she had been through, she'd be damned to be the latter.

She gripped onto the small railing, her physique seemed slender even with the light armor that encompassed her body as she walked. Vatari's helmet was tucked under her arm and as she came to a halt, her jade eyes shifted. She looked down at the manifest from her technological wrist device and half smiled. [member="Illyria Syresh"] was the newbie. A Zabrak with interesting features for her race. Vatari didn't know much about her, let alone how to go through teaching procedures, but someone had to do it.

Vatari flicked a stray braid of her hair backwards and continued onward. It wouldn't be hard to find a blueish Zabrak in a bright, hot desert village. After meeting the sandy floor, Vatari scanned the stone posted sign. She read it under her breath.

"Gusha Street?" She said with a high pitched curiosity. "Who thinks of these names?"

She lightly chuckled at her own question, before a minor tick caused her demeanor to change. Her beautiful dark skin bathed in the sunlight as she turned in slight distraught.

The boxes aren't straight! Who would even sit on them like that!? They must be fixed!

Vatari grimaced at the thought and marched over to the crates. She pulled her foot backwards and kicked the backside of the crate hard. She hoped the silver haired louse would get the message. Vatari placed her helmet onto the ground and hurriedly began to move the boxes in order. The grip of her armor revealed talon-like fixtures, tailored to her own uniqueness. She had to be careful not to apply too much pressure or the boxes would be turned to ash. On top of that, she really needed to find Illyria. Still, obsessive compulsive habits could sometimes impair the job.

Gusha Street, Tatooine

Interacting With - [member="[/B]Vatari Syndal"]
UQdU2QC.png

"I'm nobody anymore. The Mandalorians took that from me, my identity, my belonging. I need to find my place, a new place to call home. Among all...all of this karking crap. Then, at least...I will know if I deserved to live."

Illyria Syresh

t4BKzvo.png

Despite her apparent nervousness, timidness, and sadness, Illyria felt a flutter of butterflies within her stomach. They weren't butterflies of nervousness or sickness like she had been feeling that first day among the Golden Company. No, they were more so butterflies, they were more so feelings and thoughts of actual joy and courage. She didn't know why she felt such a way, though she supposed it could've been because someone actually cared about her enough to help her with something. The thought reminded her of Khonsu Amon, a man who she had never known before joining the Golden Company. However, once she had joined the Golden Company on that fateful day...Khonsu was the one who had approached her, he had offered Illyria a drink, specifically something alcoholic which the young woman had never had beforehand though nonetheless, she had decided to trust the man's exhibited kindness. And she was glad for such a thing. Though Illyria felt as though she was cut off from everyone else because of the loss of her family, she found feelings of actual love and caring from Khonsu, and she hoped that whatever today brought would bring the same thing. She wanted such a thing to happen yes, but the nagging feelings of depression and apprehension clung to her mind constantly despite the surprising amount of confidence that the woman was feeling right now.

Maybe...maybe I shouldn't be here? After all, I'm no warrior...I'm just...just a princess, a princess of noth--

Before the woman's thoughts of apprehension and over-thinking got the better of her, she felt the box that she was sitting on be kicked out from under her, causing her to fall onto the ground with a wave of dust and sand particles being kicked up as she fell. Almost immediately after it happened, Illyria's right hand grabbed the now tipped over golden helmet of her Auxilia Combat Suit and clasped it's inner rim tightly within the grasp of her fingers and then she stood up quickly on top of her two feet. Her sadness swiftly changed into anger and annoyance at whoever had purposely kicked the crate out from under her. She turned quickly in place, her blue face and golden eyes falling upon the soft, light brown face and jade eyes of the woman who had kicked the box out from under her...who were now fixing the placement of boxes. Illyria was taken aback at first by the woman's sudden appearance and she didn't know what to say or what to do. She had just been thinking of giving this person a piece of her mind though now that she stood face-to-face with this woman...she didn't know what to do. But she couldn't stop her mouth from opening and she couldn't stop the annunciation of her words that flew from her mouth, in heated anger.

"Hey, just what the hell do you think you're doing!!"

dzjdhEv.png
Box after box, Vatari continued to twist and turn them in proper order. The final result would be the most glorious of symmetrical art the world of Tatooine would ever know. The precision and speed at which she placed the sandy boxes was surprising to anyone watching. Of course, she probably looked crazy, especially to the slouching figure that sat atop one of the boxes she had kicked moments ago. Vatari paid the silver haired person no mind as they fell to the ground in one swift stroke. Instead, the inner gears of her studious principle clicked. She placed her hands on the final crate and looked over to the infuriated woman that stood before her. Vatari couldn't quite tell at that moment; why exactly she was being stared at and proceeded to finish. With one last gyrating motion of her wrists and arms the supplies were finally stacked to her liking. Vatari stepped backed quickly, taking a look at the perfect square formation she formed. It was a glorious effort and one that forced her to sigh with relief. She gave herself credit quickly after.
"Now that's a display!" She cheered, a smile forming along the delicate features of her dark beauty. She ignored the odd blue woman staring her down and bent over to reach for her helmet. As soon as her metal claws gripped hold, the rude efforts of the stranger spat out like a angry viper.
"Hey, just what the hell do you think you're doing!!"
Vatari's eyes widened, her brows forced upward from the comment. She quickly corrected her posture and turned to face the blue skin. Vatari looked her up and down with a quick assumption, the silver hair gave it away. It all made sense now, it was the lousy bystander sitting on the crates she had just fixed. Rather, needed to be fixed. Vatari's mind ran rampant for the right thing to say, before questioning why she was being yelled at.
What am I doing? Who the hell does she think she is? She's the one that allowed those crates to wilt away into an unorganized mess! Why am I at fault1?
Vatari's surprised looked quickly changed to a frustrated squint. She swatted a stray braid from her hair to the side and stomped. Then gave the blue skinned beauty a piece of her mind. Before she could consider the damage of her words they flew out of her mouth. Vatari's inner defense mechanism activated, her mental aggression ready to take over if necessary. For now, words would do just fine.
"I was fixing the crates you little shrimp. Not to mention, I wasn't the one lounging on top of some poor hardworking merchants supplies! So, I'll answer your question with another. What the hell do think you're doing!? You think you can just wander around and sit on your ass anywhere you want!" Vatari huffed, her eyes averting to what the girl was wearing. It was a familiar Auxilia Armor, it could have only been issued by one privately contracted organization. Vatari gave a lopsided grin, as she shook her head. Lifting her arm, she tapped on a integrated screen. Her initial thought was confirmed. It was her...
[member="Illyria Syresh"]
Vatari couldn't believe it and one thought came to mind.
Kark.

Gusha Street, Tatooine

UQdU2QC.png

Illyria Syresh

Illyria's soft golden eyes carefully watched the brown-skinned woman as the two of them stood there, face-to-face. She didn't know what to do, she didn't know what to do at all, whatsoever. The young woman had never been in such a situation before such as this, and being in it now, made her normal naivety and cluelessness apparent. Having grown up with parents who tried to protect her from everything whether it be from possible boyfriends, to emotions, and to free-thinking made her unsure of how to do anything and unsure of what things were and how to approach most social situations. Which meant that in such things like these, the female Zabrak was utterly and completely at a loss for what she should do. Illyria didn't know what type of response she had been expecting from the brown-skinned woman. She didn't really believe that the woman would have actually responded in truth, she had expected for nothing to happen whatsoever. Which was why when the woman actually looked her over and responded to her, the blue-skinned Zabrak was taken greatly aback and even took a few steps backward. Having never had someone be mean or rude to her beforehand, she didn't know at all how to process anything that the woman would and could say to her.

"I was fixing the crates you little shrimp. Not to mention, I wasn't the one lounging on top of some poor hardworking merchants supplies! So, I'll answer your question with another. What the hell do think you're doing!? You think you can just wander around and sit on your ass anywhere you want!"

The woman's words stung her deeply and caused her to back up a few steps. Illyria didn't know whether to think the woman was right about her, or whether she was wrong about her. It felt like her heart had been pricked by a thousand needles when her ears had processed the words of the brown-skinned woman. And even now, some few seconds after what had happened, happened, she still felt the needles prickling and roughly hitting against her heart. Illyria opted to say whatever came to her mind...something which was foolish on her part because she didn't know what to do when confronted so rudely and offensively like this.

...Ye...Yes, I thought, I thought that was normal I saw somebody else do it. These boxes were just sitting here...a-and...What do you want me to do!! All I did was sit somewhere and now you're upset and angry and mad at me and, and…I'm...[SIZE=9pt]im[/SIZE] not a sh--shrimp! I--i thought, I thought…

Illyria didn't know what to say or how to defend herself at all. She didn't know what to do, she didn't know how to capably defend herself, and she didn't know what she did that had made the woman so upset. A small and soft sniffle made it out from the young woman's blue lips and her eyes stung at the edges, small droplets of tests forming. She didn't know what to do. She didn't know what she should do. She didn't have her father to help her. Illyria couldn't stop the tear from rolling down one of her cheeks or the soft, yet cute sniffling that she was doing.

i3ZgJBb.png
Vatari could see it in the motion of her shoulders. The Zabrak wasn't aware of her tell, but Vatari knew she was new to confrontation. The distance between them was caused by the steps Illyria had taken to avoid such a situation. Fortunately, Illyria tested her mettle with the Solar Heretic. Even through the hazy emotions of sadness and frustration that overwhelmed the girl.
...Ye...Yes, I thought, I thought that was normal I saw somebody else do it. These boxes were just sitting here...a-and...What do you want me to do!! All I did was sit somewhere and now you're upset and angry and mad at me and, and…I'm...[SIZE=9pt]im[/SIZE] not a sh--shrimp! I--i thought, I thought…

Vatari waited for the new recruit to finish. The quibbling that continued afterwards was overkill. Still, Illyria showed her something most new recruits could not. Willpower and courage. The blue Zabrak seemed to have it, even with golden eyes filled with tears. While the effort was admired, Vatari had to make the crying stop. If there was one thing she couldn't stand it was exactly that. The sound of her sniffling turned Vatari's smile into a lifeless expression. The thought of punching her till it stopped briefly swam across her mind. Shaking the violent thought, Vatari took a deep sigh and spoke.

"Alright." Vatari said, rolling her eyes. "Let's start over." Vatari stepped forward with a elegant step, the cloth that wrapped around her body split at the side to reveal a black suit of armor. "I didn't realize you were the one they brought in. If you're going to survive this business, crying is never the option." Vatari stepped closer now, they each were a foot away from one another. "Do that." Vatari paused, pointing her talon like finger in the air toward Illyria and framing her body with a fluid motion. "At home or when you're alone. The Golden Company has a reputation to uphold." Vatari stretched her arm outward for the Zabrak to take. She however, didn't realize how clueless she was until she officially announced it.

"Illyria, I apologize about before. I am Vatari, Vatari Syndal of The Golden Company. I'll be assisting you today."

Vatari was new to the whole training thing. Plus, Khonsu would have been more upset at losing a potential ally than anything else. On the upside, she hoped her words soothed the young Zabrak. Still, Vatari wasn't quite sold on her just yet. The poor thing didn't even look like she could shoot a gun. On the other end of the spectrum, Vatari was once the same, worse even, a slave. If she could find the grit and will to make it in the Golden Company, hell, anyone could...

Just not before proving it first.

[Member="Illyria Syresh"]

Gusha Street, Tatooine

UQdU2QC.png

Illyria Syresh

[SIZE=9pt]Illyria tried her best to [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]quiffle her sniffling though the young, naive woman found no success in such an action. She was hopeless, at least, that is, for the time being. She hoped with time that she would be better and stronger emotionally...though whenever that time would happen, it was a far time off...a very far time off. So, for the time being, she would have to deal with such things through the way she knew best, which was by crying. She adverted her soft golden eyes away from the piercing jade green eyes of the woman across from her, fearful of how she would react to her display of helplessness and sadness. She felt the woman's judging green eyes on her form and didn't want to meet the brown-skinned woman's gaze, afraid of what she might see and what type of emotions might run through her being. Except, the opposing woman did no such thing as backbiting or rude gestures or a physical confrontation, none of that. Instead, the woman's calm and actually...soothing voice reached her ears. She was more than surprised, looking up suddenly to meet the brown-skinned woman's eyes, luckily not seeing the roll[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] of her jade eyes.[/SIZE]

The woman's words were stern, but they were not harsh, they were not mean, they were nor intentionally hurtful or rude. Her woes were none of that. Instead, they helped to soothe Illyria's woes and regrets and fear about what had just happened. Though it may not impact the Zabrak's life with permanent change, it would be one of the first stepping stones in her life to turn her life around and to lead her upwards from the dark tomb her mind found herself in constantly. She found comfort in the words the woman spoke to her and they helped to calm her down. She brought up her left hand, brushing away the forming tears around her eyes and onto the gold plating of her forearm armor. And then the woman across from her...Vatari was her name, reached her arm out to Illyria to take. She was hesitant at first, truly afraid that the bronw-skinned woman would bite and lash out at her. But yet, she didn't do any such things. After a few seconds of the arm being outstretched to her, Illyria reached our her own hand and took the arm with a faltered and shaky confidence.

Hesitantly and apprehensively, Illyria gave Vatari a nod of confidence with a shy and nervous smile, hoping that what the woman spoke was true about her. Hoping that the woman was actually nice like how she was when she was trying to comfort her.

"O-okay, I trust you."

i3ZgJBb.png
Vatari could tell that the Zabrak wasn't fully confident in her approach to shake her hand. In time, The Golden Company would help Illyria to stand tall and hardened by those that would try to intimidate her into submission with firm shakes and politics. For the Thyrsian, her arm lingered in the empty space between them. Vatari's black talon swung open wide waiting with baiting breath to encompass the Zabrak's hand. The firm limb of the Thyrsian showed stiff and solid like a rock. With grace it enveloped Illyria's hand. Like a dead limb of a branch Vatari shook the Zabraks' whole arm, almost concerned that she was being too rough. Vatari let go of Illyria's hand. Only at that very moment, where Illyria lacked confidence in her handshake; she gained a nodding motion of certainty that broke through with a steadfast renewed change. Until, a smile tore everything down.
Vatari closed her eyes and shook her head in disagreement. The words that flowed from the Zabrak made everything even worse. She trusted her? They had only just met. Not to mention, they started by being rude to one another. These were two clear signs that trust was far from the equation. Still, a little trust would have to be involved if they were going to work together. Despite that, Vatari knew better and spoke her mind in response to Illyria's foolish statement.
"I didn't ask you to trust me. Plus, I wouldn't go around trusting anything or anyone that says nice things to you. If you do, this galaxy will eat you alive. Just a quick tip."
Vatari looked down at the blinking mechanism on her internal wrist display.
"Kark." Vatari said, looking up to Illyria with frustration. "Were you at least briefed on what we are doing?" Vatari quickly looked back down at the same display on her wrist. A tiny blinking dot continued to move. Placing the tip of her metal talon on the screen she swiped across. The small inner lines stretched to the sides and zoomed in. A digital fuzz locked in on a location as the blinking dot stood still. Vatari gave it a quick thought and couldn't waste anymore time. If Illyria was going to learn, doing was the best way to pick up on the hunt. Vatari gripped onto her helmet with ease and placed it over head before it latched into place. The helmet took shape and formed to her comfort. The glass that she now looked through glossed over with a fiery yellow. Then without hesitation she grabbed onto Illyria and pulled as she began to run.
"We don't have time for the rundown, he's on the move. Get your gear on and don't fall behind." Vatari said, her voice a little more different than Illyria might have remembered. As long as the target stayed put, they would make it in time.
[member="Illyria Syresh"]

Gusha Street, Tatooine

Interacting With - [member=Vatari Syndal"]
UQdU2QC.png

Illyria Syresh

As soon as Vatari has closed her jade green eyes and shook her head, Illyria instantly became worried and paranoid. Had she done something wrong? Had she done something that had upset the woman across from her? The young blue-skinned woman knew not, and yet her mind which had just previously spiked in confidence now faltered and drowned in worry and anxiety. She thought that she had been doing good, she believed that she had done everything right. She had shook her hand, smiled, and told Vatari that she trusted her. That was what she had been told was the right thing to do, well, it was what she perceived as being the right thing to do. Her papa had always told her to smile when things looked most grim, it helped to keep others calm and it helped to keep one's self calm as well, it helped to alleviate sadness by tricking your mind into thinking it was being fed dopamine. And she had confirmed that she trusted Vatari because...she had learned it from all of those paper-back novels and books that she read when she had been younger...before everything went to...to karking chit.

The words that Vatari spoke helped to calm Illyria, putting her at ease and helping her to understand why the woman did such a thing as shake her head. Despite the paranoia stirring in her mind at messing up, the scion of hose Syresh tried to remain strong and confident as best as she could.

"Yes, I was briefed on what we're supposed to be doing. We're supposed to--"

Illyria was cut off when Vatari began to scramble to run after the target, dragging her along with her. Luckily, the blue-skinned zabrak had been able to grab the edge of her helm in hand just in time before she was dragged off at a brisk pace. Her hand reached up, placing the helmet across her head as the seals secured themselves automatically and locked into place on her armor.

Now, they were on the hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom