Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Twin Scholars

"Watch yourself, Shan." Nevroza furrowed her brow at the Jedi's eye-roll. "Don't think because we've reached an agreement you're safe from my ire. It'd be the greatest embarrassment of your life to be reduced to one of my machinations, wouldn't it? Though you will be anyway."

Having said her piece, Nevroza stood up and clapped her hands at which the tailor eagerly wheeled out of the room. Pressing the wrinkles out of her dress the Sith pursed her lips at Shan in a faux grin. "You do look nice though. Part of me wants to let you keep the suit since I do not need it. The other part knows you'll likely trash it or never don it again. Shameful." Nevroza scooped up her grimoire and tucked it under her arm as she walked toward the door, pulling her cloak over her shoulders.

"My ride should be here. I should make you sit in the trunk just for the giggles but I'll be nice." Nevroza reached the penthouse elevator and pressed the button, ready to get this experiment underway. She had already planned for victory tonight but with the addition of Shan, she was elated in the worst way. It's as if the Force itself wanted her to succeed, ironic as it was.

The ride to the Wichor yacht was made in a strange style, a black hoverlimo operated by a conspicuously silent driver who had a twisted silhouette from the backseat. In fact, his form was unlike any race Shan had probably seen before, could he be a Sithspawn too?

"Now you'll see why an invitation is so crucial." Nevroza pulled the invitation, a golden rectangle with a black encryption code in the center, from her cleavage and scoot forward to hand it to the driver who surveyed it carefully. Holding it in one of his six wrinkled, almost melted hands the driver nodded before adjusting some controls on the radio which began operating at a strange frequency.

Scooting back to her seat, Nevroza buckled herself back in, grabbing her grimoire before flipping through some pages.
"I'm not exactly sure how they did it, but the only way you'd be able to detect the Wichor yacht is to tune your speeder radio to that frequency. It seems rather simple but I suppose that's why it works."

Nevroza idly went over some basic spells in her book, seemingly focused on that before speaking again. "Do you have any dreams, Shan? You might die here so it's good to remember what you're living for no?"

"I can't watch myself. My eyes are in my head." Shan smirked. Once again, teasing was his weapon of choice right now. Would he be lying if he said he wasn't somewhat worried? Maybe. But he wasn't as worried as he might have been in the past. He was confident that he could hold his ground if something was to go wrong. Just rolling his shoulders back as Nevroza said how Shan would probably never wear the suit again. "I mean. You're right there. In the past I might have worn it, but...I don't care much about focusing on outfits anymore. There isn't much of a point to it anymore."

Relaxation was key for this. At least that was Shan's mindset. "I've been in the trunk of a starship before. This wouldn't be anything special." He was rather matter of factly about that, as he just rested his chin on his knuckles and waited for them to arrive at the Yacht. Though he did tilt his head at the mentioning of the frequency, shrugging his shoulders afterwards.

"There's a few simple ways to do that. Make some kind of camo tech that only responds to a certain soundwave. Of course, there's always the stray chance that someone might accidentally cut into the frequency...but that's a rarity I suppose. Very few people head out into space, just randomly playing frequencies."

With that, the Mirialan just focused on his own thoughts again...Up until there was the question about dreams. Shan couldn't help but roll his eyes at the question. "I'll die before my dream can be achieved either way. It's something I've accepted." He brushed his clothes down carefully, before resting his chin once again atop his knuckles. "Peace is something that will never happen in my life time. And possibly won't happen in anyone's. But it's still a dream I have. I just dream of a Galaxy where death, violence and pain isn't...a regularity of life."

Nevroza Nevroza

"Haaah. That's funny." Nevroza sat her book on her lap and leaned back in the seat, staring at the roof with a smile. "That's my dream too. Though...I'd bet money we have different definitions of 'peace.' Yours is nonviolent. Mine is very. True peace will be achieved when people accept the natural order and the mindset that suits them best."

Nevroza leaned forward now, staring off into her own world.

"We live in an era where weakness is accepted as anything more than something to be overcome. Like you Jedi, the strong have convinced the feeble that they don't need power and control to succeed in life but in lacking those things they forfeit their dreams to those who don't. Why should those who remain weak be considered the same as those who worked for their strength? They shouldn't. And that's our fault for deluding them into thinking otherwise."

Golden light reflected off the speeder's paint as the vehicle approached the Wichor yacht, uncloaked by their vicinity. Applying an extra coat of lipstick, Nevroza pursed her lips and looked out her window as the limo entered the yacht hangar, colossal and illuminated with blue light with dozens maybe even hundreds of vehicles inside. Outside many were men and women dressed in black suits wearing black and white domino masks that concealed their identities. Their odd yet formal appearance immediately made them stand out as chauffeurs as they led several of the arriving gangsters further into the yacht while others in their ranks helped park their vehicles.

"Classy. It seems the Wichors don't skip out on Luxury." Nevroza put away her lipstick as the limo halted and one of the chauffeurs approached the driver's side window. Even with his eyes covered by a mask, the man's revulsion was plain to see as he laid eyes on the driver. It was clear now that a Sithspawn was driving them.

"What's your plan once we get inside?" Nevroza's eyes lulled over Shan. "Do you plan to go hall to hall searching for your mother or are you going to wait for the auction?" Nevroza giggled at her next idea. "I doubt you have enough money to purchase her so you'd probably have a different plan in mind, yes?"

"Ah. No. There is a difference." Shan held his finger up all of a sudden, raising an eyebrow at Nevroza as he leaned back into his own chair. "I believe peace requires "necessary" violence. It is in nature that some creatures and species are overly aggressive. Species were violence and fighting is part of their culture, but that does not mean they can't coexist with a peaceful species. My partner is a hunter, whilst I am a pacifist. I don't particularly enjoy meat, but I'll eat it if I know she's prepared it." He folded his arms along his front, as the Mirialan carried on. "But I also believe no-one has the right to force their cultures or beliefs on anyone else. Why do you think I have nothing negative to say about the Sith or the Dark side, minus their stench? Of course, there are plenty of Sith who believe they have that right. But I learned I shouldn't judge a culture...purely based off the majority." A small smirk flashed across his face at the tease before shaking his head. "Of course I won't say the Sith are a necessity to peace. But if I had plans to wipe them out violently? Well. That goes against my very idea of peace."

He tilted his head as Nevroza had her own little lecture to give, with Shan just shaking his head at various points of it. "No. I understand that strength and power can be necessary in certain societies and circles. I understand that I'm not strong myself. Even as I work for it, I am nowhere near being strong. But that's because of my viewpoints. My beliefs...Also don't think I missed you saying it's "our" fault that people feel the way they do." Once again he teased, before brushing himself down as they finally arrived. "I'm trusting your driver with this." Shan unclipped his lightsaber from his belt and left it hidden to the side. It was likely there'd be some kind of scan and whilst a hidden blaster is something that could be associated with people who would be arriving here...a lightsaber would raise some redflags. It would be fine anyway, Shan had other things to fall back on.

"...I mean technically, I could have the credits to buy her back if I wanted. Master Kahlil and Valery would likely be very disappointed in me for going that route though." But they'd possibly also accept it if it meant Shan getting his mother back...but that wasn't going to be what he planned on doing. "I've been taught how to disguise myself with the Force...And whilst it's not perfect, I doubt the Wichors have many experts that could poke me out. Normally my Force Senses are quite poor...unless it's for something I'm quite close to, so I should be able to sense my mother's presence somewhere..." The only issue would be getting her out...Even if he found a way to cut the power, getting back to the limo would be a pain...

Nevroza Nevroza

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom