Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Twin Dragons, Bracelet Dagger

Status
Not open for further replies.
rBVaSFpYd9GACFgYAAQMRDdQ4_Y515.jpg
tsr_412_2_7.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: One bracelet (of a set) for fashion and a blade for offense

Image Source: Source 1
Source 2

Canon Link: Dagger

Primary Source: Laminanium

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Derek Dib

Affiliation: those of House Dib, the family of Derek Dib

Model: Twin Dragons, Bracelet Dagger

Modularity: Laminanium reserve within the shell can be replaced. Power cell is replaceable.

Production: Limited

Material: Laminanium

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Bracelet/Dagger

Size: Small

Weight: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES

Because of the programmable use of preset forms, the Laminanium can transform from a simple yet elegant bracelet to a dagger.

Strengths:
+ Jewelry: the standard preset is a bracelet that will pass visual inspection and scans
+ Dagger: with just a flick of the wrist the wearer is armed with a long blade
+ Piercing: due to the nature of the straight blade it's designed for stabbing though it is double edged and capable of slicing

Weaknesses:
- Metal: its not beskar or songsteel. While it is resistant to melee weaponry it won't last more then a few strikes from a lightsaber or blaster fire
- Small: due to its size the usefulness is for very close combat or stealth/surprise
- Straight: due to no natural curve, the thin blade is most useful for stabbing. A factor of the thin blade means it's more useful for deflecting a strike away. A straight block of a melee attack may break the blade

DESCRIPTION

House Dib and it's members are availed of many weaponry, armor, and technology. Yet Derek Dib wanted to create something unsuspecting that could be utilized when other options were not a possibility. Choosing to create something of beauty yet deadly, he created the Twin Dragons as a last line of defense option for his family. Using the morphing ability of the durable metal, Laminanium, he created a tasteful trinket that could shift into a preset, long dagger should the need arise. This is the offensive half of the Twin Dragons.

[member="Derek Dib"], interesting concept here and I like the thought behind it, however I don't think this would be the most suitable template to use. My suggestion here would be to actually split this into two subs as each bracelet forms a different type and technology. One forms a weapon (where a weapon template would be appropriate) whereas the other forms a shield/buckler (where an armor template would be appropriate). As is, I cannot approve this, but what I can do is move this to the pre-factory should you desire. Or I can move this to the archive and you can begin again from scratch.

[member="Alden Akaran"]

That ... Makes a lot of sense lol. I didn't really think about it as separate components.

Since this was a weapon melee template I tweaked this submission just for the bracelet dagger aspect. I'll use the appropriate submission template for the bracelet shield later today.

Thanks and edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom