Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Twilight Fox Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
assassin_creed_5__reclamation_render_by_rajivmessi-d7gx59g.png
Image Source:

Intent: To provide Vulpesen with a high class light armor.

Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/21545-float-like-a-butterfly-part-one/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/47138-some-new-threads/#entry703641
(Spider Silk acquired through the Beast hunter's guild and the Nocur Oils were acquired from Abregado-Rae, both times, Close affiliate Zarro Verres was used as the middle man.)

Manufacturer: House Thul Armor Smiths.

Model: Twilight Fox Armor

Affiliation: Vulpesen Espadus Torrevaso

Modularity: Vulpesen left pockets and spaces in the coat so that it could be given light modifications should he think of anything in the future.

Production: Unique

Material: Shell Spider Silk, Nocur Oil (Formed into an adhesive), and 2 kg of Phrik Dust, Terentatek Underlay

Classification: Light Armor

Weight: 4.7 kg

Quality: Blaster: 7 Lightsaber: 9 Ballistic: 0 Blade:4

Special Features:
Mask: Night Vision, Rebreather, capable of removing the lower part for eating and drinking, sound dampeners, and insulated electronics to keep the main hardware from being fried by EMPS
Extremely light weight due to the use of only the lightest of armor materials.
Moderate defense against force abilities.

Description: Realizing that the Shadow Fox armor was heavier than he wanted, Vulpesen set to work on creating a set of armor a bit after his turn to the sith. Opting this time for only the lightest things he could find, he discovered shell spider silk for his main material, an extremely light weight material capable of deflecting blaster shots.
However, Vulpesen was also very well aware that most of his encounters were with saber wielding jedi and thus, he increased his research to find a material that would be able to block it without causing an increase in weight or a decrease in agility like her previous phrik plates. Seeing an instance of a cortosis dusted coat, he applied the idea to his own armor, only deciding to cover the dense layers of phrik dust with a saber resistant adhesive made from nocur oils to keep it from wearing away. Which the dusting leaves the weapon weak to constant drilling of prolonged contact, such a thing would take several seconds of contact to take place. As for his mask, the object was simply taken from his shadow fox armor with two major upgrades, Sound dampeners(when he expects loud noises to be imminent), and the detachable bottom.

Strengths:
Extremely light weight and flexible
High class defense against energy weapons
Comfortable to wear
Stylish for when Vulpesen is not in combat
Moderate defense against force attacks

Weaknesses:
No protection from slug throwers or ballistic weapons (unless you count the rare chance that a bullet might hit the phrik buttons)
Only moderate protection from blades, though such is higher than most spider silk weapons due to the thickness of the coat.
No protection from blunt force. (If a person were strong enough, they could theoretically bludgeon Vulpesen through the coat with their saber.)
Sustained blows from a lightsaber or getting drilled in the same place from a blaster rifle will eventually wear away the layers of dust and oil. (About five seconds for a light saber. Thirty for repeated blaster bolts)
Clothes must be removed from afflicted area for force healing.

[member="Darth Tsolan"]
How much of a presence of phrik dust are we talking about here? I don't believe that unless it was to the concentration of cortosis weave that it would provide much resistance to lightsabers.

Thanks for reminding me of that. Couldn't feel half my face that day so I may have overlooked some things. 2 kg. Edited that in.

[member="Darth Vitium"]

Edit: If you're concerned about the dust not being able to stand up to a light saber, I had it layered generously(phrik is known for being extremely light weight so 2 kg of it, should be quite a lot), also the adhesive is made from Nocur Oil, a substance that in its own right is capable of taking a few glancing blows from a light saber, something that should give a small boost to the Phrik dust's current ability to defend against a saber.) And under that is Shell Spider silk which can make blaster bolts bounce off when on its own.(thought the silk admittedly would only take a fraction of a second to get cut by a saber if I understand it correctly)

[member="Darth Vitium"]

[member="Darth Tsolan"]
I asked moreso for clarification, not so much the weight. It's the concentration(closeness in particles of dust) that I wanted information on, the weight was secondary in importance to that.
Darth Tsolan said:
Classification: Blaster:10 Lightsaber: 9 Ballistic: 0 Blade:5
I do need this filled in correctly, however. (You have the quality field placed in both fields)

With the use of Phrik dust, however, I would like to see a note that sustained contact with a lightsaber will compromise the armor in the effected zone, as will repeated strikes on a single, precise, area.

Small edit to the description ...only deciding to cover the dense layers of phrik dust with a saber resistant...

I swear I caught that classification thing when I first made the submission... oh well, fixed now. (dropped the saber class by two levels). Also, I added the temporariness of the defense to the weaknesses.

Can't think of much to say about the concentration except that its dense for a dust layering.

Anything else?

[member="Darth Vitium"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom