Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Twice Not Okay

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Coruscant, BURGER
Tags: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Loomi_divider.png

"I-I didn't really at first," Loomi explained. "I... well, I was sorta homeless... b-but then I got here and I saw what the Jedi could do, and who they were, and I decided that was what I wanted to do."

She frowned, tilting her head.

"I don't know what it's like to have a family expect something of you," she admitted, "But I... I know that people can be cruel, and make you do things you hate or tell you you aren't worth anything. I-It sounds like you have a lot of friends here, even if they aren't quite your real family. I feel like that's a good place to start. A-and we're not old yet, so there's a lot of time to find a new purpose. Y'know, one you choose for yourself rather than one given to you by someone else."

Loomi sighed, slumping back in her seat. She hoped all of this was making sense. It was difficult to. She was ultimately a very selfless person, even growing up with everything having been taken from her. It was hard to advise Cora to just do her own thing and be a little selfish, but ultimately that was the healthiest course of action. The Godoan had learned the very same thing.

"You can only sacrifice so much of yourself till there's nothing left," Loomi sighed with a sad smile. "Maybe this is the time to start picking up what you left behind."

"You can only sacrifice so much of yourself till there's nothing left," Loomi sighed with a sad smile. "Maybe this is the time to start picking up what you left behind."

Cora had lbeem istening closely to everything Loomi said, but her last words struck a particular chord within her.

Slowly, the blonde nodded while digesting the meaning behind them. "I won't be able to help anyone if there's nothing of me left."

It made sense, but it was also confusing in its own way. How was she supposed to know when to help someone else, and when to nurture her own needs? Was there a balance to be struck?

"Ah," Cora tilted her head back against the cushion of the booth and sighed. She offered Loomi a tired smile. "There are still so many things that I do not understand. But it's nice, in a way, to not understand them with other people."

An unmistakable spark of kinship flickered to life between the two girls. Shared struggle and sacrifice as they ambled awkwardly towards a better life.

Loomi Loomi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom