Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Turn This Ship Around

Mi'la Undari

M
latest

When Mi'la had settled down on Nar Shaddaa, the thought to fuel up had slipped her mind. Of course she was going to do it at some point, but...well no one really thinks about having their little trip be disrupted by an alcoholic ex jedi intent on picking fights. So, needless to say when she not only ran out of fuel, but found herself stuck in the middle of space with said drunken jedi, the former padawan was less than pleased; thank the force Tol Amn was close by. After setting down, paying the docking fee, and getting a room, Mi'la was on the verge of thinking that she might just get out of this yet. Being the sympathetic Twi'lek she was, she had given Re'Selana credits, and bet on the hope that her new friend would spend it on something practical; like food, or maybe something not alcoholic given the woman had just gotten over a hangover. Mi'la wasn't looking forward to sharing the fact that the pair were going to be sharing the one room, nor the idea that the ex-jedi might be heavily intoxicated by the time she returned.

With a hell of a storm brewing outside, and no desire to stand out in it, Mi'la shifted into the cantina section of the port. Keeping her eyes peeled for the ex-jedi, she was thankful that most of the patrons here seemed to be traders of some sort; far removed from the bands of thugs she had encountered on Nar Shaddaa. They wouldn't be able to stay here long obviously, if Re'Selana was hated by Hutts that much, word would get here within the next few days that they were here; and then they'd really be in a bind. Which made finding the rogue and ensuring they stayed out of trouble Mi'la's top priority right now.

Re'selana Re'selana

Well, this was not turning out how Selana thought it would. Though they were really grateful for the ride and the whole saving their skin thing, Selana thought that they were going to spend the night knocked out in the run down cantina in Nar-Shadda and not on another planet with a new Twi'lek friend and been given some credits to spend on supplies. Selana thought that this girl was way too trusting of the random drunk that boarded her ship. Either way a night spent on an actual bed is a good night for Selana.

Looking at the amount of credits they now have, they walked about the port to find something to spend them on. Now, their first instincts are telling them to go to the cantina and spend most of it on booze but no, they can't misuse the trust Mi'la has given them. They need to remain focus and efficient and.... they're in the cantina. But it was to buy some food for both of them! They weren't going to blow their savings on alcohol.... again. So, they approached the bartender, "Hi, can I get two bantha platters?"

The Rodian bartender looked at them funny while they were cleaning some glasses, "We don't got bantha platter. We got deep fried gorg."

Selana had no idea what that is, "Oh, okay, I guess I'll get two of those."

"Alright and to drink?"

Selana started sweating, it practically took the same amount of willpower to do that force push stunt and stopping themself from ordering a couple of bottles, "J-Just water, thank you." The Rodian shrugged and left to get the food, leaving the restless Selana to stew in their anxiety, surrounded by bottles and bottles of top tier alcohol. That night was going to be a long one for them.

Mi'la Undari

Mi'la Undari

M
Mi'la was happy to see the ex-jedi wasn't downing their sorrows in another bottle, and actually seemed intent on drinking water; finally, rational had returned. Taking a seat beside her new 'friend', Mi'la sighed, rolling her shoulders as she settled down. Her mind bounced about, trying to figure out what to do, not to mention the stress that at any moment some Hutts might roll up and look to do some talking with their blaster. "So, I got a room for us, going to head out in the morning. Ship should be fueled up and hopefully the weather will be on our side." She looked to the jedi, nudging the shoulder of her compatriot, as it seemed rather obvious they hadn't snapped out of it. "You still look a bit out of it, if you want to crash I'll slip you the key." Mi'la realized that she probably needed to elaborate a bit further on what she said, as she flexed her fingers. Yea, sharing a room with a stranger was a bit much. "And no, the sharing a room thing wasn't my idea. They only had one room left." Mi'la looked to the bar, wondering where in her life things had gotten so far away from her.

Looking around the bar, Mi'la didn't see anything that might be a threat, though one thing that did cause alarm was the food that was brought to the pair. The Rodian nearly dumped the food onto the pair before moving to attend to another customer, leaving Mi'la to marvel at this creation that was currently on her plate. "What...the hell is this?" She inquired, poking at the food with curiosity, before looking to Re'Selana. "Honestly, I'm really glad to see you didn't spend all my creds on alcohol." She admitted, before poking at the strange food again. "The um...the Bartender said this was edible right?" She questioned, unsure as to what she was currently about to eat. Taking a risk, Mi'la took a fork and pulled at a morsel and put it in her mouth. It...didn't taste inedible, but it certainly had character. Nodding slowly, Mi'la would begin to eat the meal laid before her, though she didn't look to enthusiastic.

Re'selana Re'selana

Selana was equally concerned with the food, what is that? As adventurous and daring as they were, having a questionable meal after a night filled with equally questionable alcohol was not a good idea. Thankfully, Mi'la was more than willing to take the first bite and she was still alive afterwards, so the coast was clear. Though, willing themselves to actually take a spoonful was a whole other issue but their hunger easily overcame their disgust. Selana took a bite and it wasn't as bad as they thought, it wasn't a gourmet meal by any means but it's alright.

As they ate, Selana was still really anxious about the booze right front of them, taunting them, begging for Selana to drink them but they had to restrain themselves, "I'm not so much of an nerf herder that I would take your creds and waste them on booze," They tried to start a conversation, "I have my own creds for that." They a light chuckle as they took a sip from their water, it wasn't the same.

So far the evening was pretty okay, no Hutt thugs, no drunken shenanigans (yet anyway), and thankfully, no indigestion from the questionable food. They night continued as they started chatting each other up and shared their stories, how they lived their whole life with the Jedi and went into detail how they came to be exiled from the order, Selana felt comfortable with her, not a feeling they've a luxury to experience ever since dealing with thugs and criminals,
"Do you feel uncomfortable sharing a room with me?" recalling how quickly she deferred their room arrangement being out of her control, "if you are, I'm sure I can smuggle myself onto a ship with a bed in it, I'm pretty good at that." They gave a laugh, acting like it was no big deal.

Mi'la Undari

Mi'la Undari

M
Selana was certainly nice, especially when they weren't drunk off their rocker; though Mi'la could tell there was a struggle underway inside the rogue jedi. What had troubled them so? She was going to have to ask at some point. They certianly had some things in common, both were failed jedi for starters; though after that the similarities rapidly disappeared. Well, they also weren't fans of Hutts, so that was another. It was a slow start, but Mi'la could see potential friendship on the horizon. When the question of sharing a room was raised, Mi'la's face turned the faintest bit of purple, her Lekkus twitching as she was a tad bit embarrassed. "No, no, it's fine. I can just sleep on the floor or something. I'd rather not inconvenience you. Or get you into another mix of trouble." The last time she had to share a room with someone was at the academy, but even then they weren't sharing beds. That would be a little much for anyone.

As time drug on, Mi'la felt that she just had to ask, though the way she went about it might have been a tad too bold. Unable to eat anymore of...whatever was on her plate, she would take hold of Selana's hand and ask the knight directly. "What are you so scared of that it's making you drink yourself to death?" She inquired, but letting the wrist go before it became uncomfortable. She would like to at least lead this one on some sort of road to recovery, or if nothing else try. The Rodian returned to the pair, stealing Mi'la's dish away without asking, and looking at that rather obvious Selana across from him. "It's happy hour, two for one right now. You want in?" Mi'la sighed, crossing her arms and watching as the knight would probably give into their vice. All she could do was try, the rest was on her new friend.

Re'selana Re'selana

Scared? No, it wasn't fear that drove them to drink. Fear was a straight forward emotion, not enough to drive a seasoned knight to drink. No, what they were feeling was more complicated than that. How would you describe the turmoil one would feel when their entire life was stripped away and any hope of salvaging what's left eradicated? You can't really put it to words. In response, they just took the glass of water and sip before saying, "I just like the taste of alcohol and you would be surprised how cheap some drinks are in some of the cantinas." They smiled and laughed, hoping to put her at ease, "But don't worry, luv, I'll behave for tonight."

Though, their ears did perk up when the bartender said it was happy hour. Selana looked at their companion and her disappointed look. They gave it a moment of thought, really considering what they should do but their decision was made clear when they heard something can't ignore. The local band started playing something that sounds like old time Jazz and if there was anything that the knight was weak to other than alcohol, it was good music and dancing, "No, I think we're good." Selana smiled at their companion before holding her by the hand and leading her to a dance, "Come on! Let's get down!" if anyone can show pure joy, it was Selana while they were dancing. A smile was plastered on their face as they move their body to the music and urging Mi'la to do the same. The song soon ended and the band started playing something slower, more... Intimate. Selana stood straight up and bowed while offering their hand, "may I have this dance?"

Mi'la Undari

Mi'la Undari

M
Maybe she chose her words poorly, it wouldn't have been the first time. As she listened to the explanation given to her, Mi'la couldn't help but feel that Selana wasn't being wholly honest. She couldn't expect too much, they had only met after all. There were things in Mi'la's past she would feel uncomfortable divulging to even her master, heck, even that week on Vjun was intense; probably be holding onto those experiences for a while. "Well, sorry for asking, I jus-" Then it dawned on her, did she just call her 'luv'? A few shades of pink broke across her lavender face, and the jedi was left pondering what to say to that.

Needless to say, she was relieved to find that Selana had decided against drinking, though the alternative was something she had not prepared for. She didn't know how to dance! She never went to those fancy balls that her parents held, and she never learned how to dance properly. Now the rogue knight was asking her to dance? Tonight was going to be interesting for sure, but at least Selana wasn't drinking; that would make things a tad bit easier. As she was trying to figure out a response, she found herself being whisked off her feet by Selana. The first song was too quick for her, as despite her partners attempts to keep her in step with the song, this sort of music just didn't click with her; coupled with her lack of actual dance skills, Mi'la was making a fool of herself most of the time. She had thought she had managed to scrap by when the upbeat music ended, but to her surprise, Selana was asking for her hand to dance once again, though this time it was a slower dance; akin to that of those romantic holofilms she loved oh so much. "I...don't know how to dance." She confessed, though she would take Selana's hand. She didn't know where to put her hands either, just settling for where she had seen actors do it in the holofilms. One hand on the upper back, another just above the hip. "Is this okay?" Mi'la asked, her voice nervous, her face showing a clear sign of color. She was absolutely out of her element, and it would be very obvious to Selana. The Twi'lek was trying, and failing, but she was definitely trying.

Re'selana Re'selana

Selana couldn't help but giggle seeing how nervous and red the twi'lek was, "close but not quite." They took the hand that was on their hip and held it, put their own hand on her hip, and closing the distance between them to barely an inch, "Don't be nervous, just keep your eyes on me and follow my lead." Selana could feel her hesitation with every step they took and the fact that she almost stepped on them a few times. Selana took the lead and they glide across the floor, helping her to manouver around the other patrons of the cantina, they were starting to attract some eyes, "Don't mind them. Tonight is just you and me." the music was about to end and Selana gave Mi'la a little twirl before holding her close, any distance was closed and their forehead touching. The music stopped and Selana stepped back, holding her hand and planting a kiss, "Thank you for the dance, my lady." They gave her a bright smile and start leading her back to their for a good night's rest.

"Okay, I'm going to take a quick shower before bed, you can sleep ahead if you want. I need to wipe the sweat and smell of booze from my body." tonight was really fun, possibly the most fun Selana have had since they left the Jedi order. They could get used to this.

Mi'la Undari

Mi'la Undari

M
Yea, don't be nervous? Easier said than done. Mi'la had never been in this situation, nor had she been held like this. All of this was just...far, far beyond what she was used to. She struggled to look at Selana, feeling that every time she did, they were silently judging her. The Twi'lek had done plenty of stupidly dangerous things before, but dancing in a bar with someone she was working towards a friendship with was...well it was definitely up there in terms of nerve racking. The pair were gathering attention, as Mi'la had made some corrections to her step and footwork, but the attention was causing her face to ignite with color once again. She felt herself being twirled about, her heart nearly erupting out of her chest, and finding herself face to face with her new friend. If she could have turned a brighter color, she would have.

There was a rush that she was now aware of, and a small part of her wondered if this was what being in a couple was like. She was in the midst of formulating a response, only to feel a pair of lips press onto the top of her hand, as the Twi'lek nearly collapsed under the embarrassment. "You...are quite welcome." She responded, before quickly retreating from where the patrons could see her; though Selana seemed to take her by the arm and back to the room anyways. Arriving in their new quarters, Mi'la was quite literally speechless. The room was rather small, with enough room for a double bed, a small desk, and room for a refresher. Rather spartan, but it would work for a spacer looking for a nights rest. Hearing what Selana said, Mi'la sat herself on the bed, hands gripped tightly in her lap as she tried to think of how to go about this. "Selana, thank you for the dance. It..." She paused, finding the words before she found a way to state it. "It was nice. I've never done that before." As the rogue knight left to shower, Mi'la stood and looked to the bed, trying to think of what to do. She hadn't shared a bed with anyone before, and this felt extremely informal. The Twi'lek would stare at the bed, pondering her existance and what to do when the knight returned, clearly they would need to work this out.

Re'selana Re'selana

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom