Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn Down for What?

Mikkel Markov

Exemplar of the Bleeding Sun
Mikkel sat down in the Bastion public library and picked up a book. Having realized his force sensitivity, Mikkel decided it would be best to contact a jedi or sith to train him, thus increasing his skill set. Mikkel heard rumors of a dark jedi roaming around Primeval space by the name of [member="Kana Truden"]. Using one of his contacts, Mikkel contacted Kana with a request to meet at this library.

Kana had no reason to be on Bastion. Well, no reason other than being on the run. Life as a fugitive wasn't what she had expected yet it wasn't as bad as she could imagine. Everything had a positive and a negative, even if the positive was far-fetched and out of reach sometimes the positive was always there.

For example, Kana had sold off information on her former home, Ossus, to the Sith merely waiting for the attack to begin. The negatives here was that she had finally sealed her fate forever. A deserter and a high treasonist, yet in the wake of that she was also welcomed with hesitant arms to the Sith organization. Obviously she wouldn't accept the embrace, but to have it handy in case anything was to happen was indeed a small comfort.

Now here she was on a planet she had never been before at the request of a man she didn't know. Perhaps she was carefree enough to go ahead and do it, or perhaps she was starting to feel the old Jedi Master habits fall down into their respective slots again. It didn't truly matter, she had said yes and the meet had been set.

"Are you Mikkel Markov?" Kana asked as she approached the one man standing in the one spot she was suppoed to meet this '[member="Mikkel Markov"]'.

Mikkel Markov

Exemplar of the Bleeding Sun
Mikkel set down the book he was reading and looked up at the woman. He was mildly surprised to see that [member="Kana Truden"] had actually showed, given the trouble he had to go through to contact her. "Yes, I am Mikkel Markov," Mikkel responded, "You must be Kana." Mikkel gave a feint but sincere smile in response.

Having previously been unsure about the whole idea of approaching another force user to train under, due to the fact he had previously been abandoned before training even began, Mikkel has a good feeling about this one. "I've heard rumors about who you are which is why I requested a meeting," Mikkel said. "I would like to help you get back into a routine more familiar to you. You can stop jumping from place to place, running from decisions you made."

Mikkel paused to take a breath. "If you don't mind, I would like to get straight to the point. My force sensitivity has recently been brought to my attention, and I was wondering if you would take me in as your apprentice," Mikkel said. "In return, I can make things like this disappear within Primeval space." Mikkel pulled out a bounty for Kana from his belt.

That was old news at this point as well. Feigned smiles, platitudes and attitudes. A smile to get your point across and melt a heart, a feigned platitude in hopes of making a stranger do whatever it was that you wished of them. It was about keeping it as vague as possible, and this man certainly was very vague in his attempt to smile. Was it there? Yes, certainly. Did it move Kana? No, not really.

He laid out his plans for their get-together. An apprenticeship. Getting back into familiar routines. He had brass, enough of it to make the Dark Jedi smirk. Obviously it was a smile that faded rather quick as he showed her the bounty on her head.

“Huh. Let me see that.” She didn’t offer the man any response. Kana snatched the item out of the man’s hands and eyed her own image. “So they did care? Well now, that’s embarrassing...”

It was a long story involving the Grand Master of the Jedi Order and Kana being a traitor. Not that the bounty would display any direct numbers or to what degree the woman had betrayed her old friends, of course, but she most certainly had betrayed them.

Wasting no time to be a smartass she proceeded to tear down the item in front of them without hesitation.

Yes, even if it happened to be something very dear to the man.

“See? Gone.” She stated. Her voice seemed most amused. “What can you offer me except for a chance at making things go away?”

[member="Mikkel Markov"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom