Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship TSF Mk I Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To provide a starfighter for the Jen'ari Empire's navy.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Starfighter
  • Length: 9 meters
  • Width: (2 meters
  • Height: 6.5 meters
  • Armament: High
  • Defenses: Very Low.
  • Squadron Count: Average. 12
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High. This fighter is explicitly designed to be able to do unbelievable maneuvers
  • Speed Rating: Average. Quite fast, but not so fast as to compromise maneuvrability
  • Hyperdrive Class: None.
STANDARD FEATURES

- TSF Starfigher Weapon System (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/133447-tsf-starfighter-weapon-system/)

ADVANCED SYSTEMS

N/A

Strengths:
  • Extremely maneuvrable: Specifically designed for this purpose, it is able to do incredibly difficult maneuvers.
  • Fast: It's fast, and able to rapidly move through formations of capital ships.
  • Superior weaponry: Has access to the latest starfighter weapons systems.
Weaknesses:
  • Light shields: Has little shielding.
  • Small and easily destroyed: One shot from a medium gun will take it out.
Description: The TSF Mk I Starfighter was designed by Ozun Zhil in order to fill the starfighter role in the Jen'ari Sith Empire's navy. He designed it in his role as an Airman Lieutenant, tinkering with various starfighters in his spare time on board the flag ship.

[member="Ozun Zhil"]

Please link the affiliation and manufacturer, if this is for a minor faction then please link that faction. Additionally if there is an image for this you may link it otherwise please write out N/A for the image source portion of the template. Once this is done let me know and we can move forward!

[member="Ozun Zhil"]

Awesome so next I see one of your strength's isn't written out completely, 'superior weaponry.'

That aside, this is over by several ratings so what I have here is a suggestion, you don't need to take it but this is just an example of what you could do. I see that manuverability and speed are very important you can bring those down by one rating a piece and lower your squadron size/production level by one to two as well. There is also a handy tool here that you can use at your discretion to help figure out the ratings. Once this is all figured out let me know and I'll get another look!

Ria Misrani said:
[member="Ozun Zhil"]

Awesome so next I see one of your strength's isn't written out completely, 'superior weaponry.'

That aside, this is over by several ratings so what I have here is a suggestion, you don't need to take it but this is just an example of what you could do. I see that manuverability and speed are very important you can bring those down by one rating a piece and lower your squadron size/production level by one to two as well. There is also a handy tool here that you can use at your discretion to help figure out the ratings. Once this is all figured out let me know and I'll get another look!
Elaborate. Why do I need to bring down my ratings? I also placed my superior weaponry category.

[member="Ozun Zhil"]

Because your submission as it stands is overpowered with the extreme and high rating of speed and manuverability.

The above mentioned tool is very handy to help balance out the submission.

Ozun Zhil said:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Starfighter
  • Length: 9 meters
  • Width: (2 meters
  • Height: 6.5 meters
  • Armament: High
  • Defenses: Very Low.
  • Squadron Count: Moderate. 16
  • Maneuverability Rating: Extreme. This fighter is explicitly designed to be able to do unbelievable maneuvers
  • Speed Rating: High. Quite fast, but not so fast as to compromise maneuvrability
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average. 2

Overall, this looks like it is two ratings too high. As always, you can balance this out by lowering production, lowering ratings (ex. Average -> Low, etc), or adding significant weaknesses.

Ozun Zhil said:
Squadron Count: Low. 14

At an "Average" squadron count, the max number of ships in a squadron would be "12". You can go lower than this without changing ratings, but not higher.

[member="Gir Quee"] This is fucking bullshit. It's designed to be an incredibly fast, state of the art starfighter, not some average heap of crap.

[member="Ozun Zhil"], you're welcome to make whatever type of ship that you want, but it must comply with our rules and sense of balance.

If you're thinking of using this like the classic Imperial Tie Fighters or canon Sith Interceptors, you could remove the hyperdrive. That would get this ship into balance.

We still need the squadron count changed to "Average: 12" though, if you choose to go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom