Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Tsesh Ovrak, Lord of Screams

Status
Not open for further replies.
fUVMmk0.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To provide an interesting companion to help with character development and story. Also, to expand on what started out as a random NPC and then grew into a cool idea
  • ​Image Credit: Wookiepedia / Ben Wootten
  • Role: Bodyguard, Co-conspirator, Torturer
  • Links: Warlord Kainan Wolfe
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Force Sensitivity: Knight / Sith Warrior
  • Species: Rodian
  • Appearance: A tall, powerfully-built Rodian male, Tsesh is easily distinguishable by his sickly-looking, dark green skin. He has an unusually deep voice for his species and cruel dark brown eyes, which often frighten those whom he gazes upon. His skin is covered in numerous battle scars, a testament to his violent lifestyle. He typically wears a heavily customized suit of black Stormtrooper armor, although the modifications are purely aesthetic and merely adds to his feral and intimidating appearance.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Tsesh Ovrak
  • Loyalties: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/113337-kainan-wolfe/]Kainan Wolfe, The Shrouded Republic
    [*]Wealth: Tsesh is paid a considerable monthly fee of ten thousand credits for his services. However, he is prone to overspending, which results in him not having acquired much wealth.
    [*]Notable Possessions: None
    [*]Skills: Has learned all basic Force powers and is especially fond of Force Lightning, which he uses with great talent. He is skilled in lightsaber combat, specializing in Form Eight, also known as Juyo, of which he is an expert. Tsesh is also a highly experienced torturer, having learned methods of prolonging the suffering of his victims for as long as possible, over the years.
    [*]Personality: Tsesh is a contrasting individual. He is sadistic, volatile and prone to extreme bursts of violence. He views his victims as prey and enjoys taking his time tormenting them, often saying that their screams are sweet music for his ears. An extremely antisocial individual, Tsesh usually avoids the company of others and outside of combat, he is often quiet and reserved, although his calm demeanor can shatter in an instant, giving way to feral bursts of violence. On the other hand, he is extremely loyal to his employers, provided that they keep their end of the bargain, which usually entails high payment and enough victims to satisfy his sadistic tendencies. He does not, however, have much patience for lessons and lecturing, as evidenced by his past actions.

COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Weapon of Choice: Single-bladed lightsaber, blaster pistol.
  • Combat Function: Tsesh is an individual who has learned few skills over the course of his lifetime. He is impatient, rash and cruel, preferring action to words. This has prevented him from developing further as a Sith and although he has mastered Form VII of lightsaber combat and has a grasp of all basic Force powers, he has ignored everything else, which hampers his adaptability in combat. Despite his propensity towards using a blaster pistol, he isn't a very good shot, preferring to use it at close range, in combination with his lightsaber, more as a way to distract his opponent, than anything else.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
  • Tsesh Ovrak is an individual of few words and a terrifying history. Born on Ession, he has been discovered as a Force sensitive at a young age and taken to the Jedi temple for training. However, it soon became clear that his volatile personality made him unfit for membership into the order, as he had a tendency to taunt and bully others and seemed to enjoy their distress, which has led to his eventual expulsion at the age of ten, after he tried to suffocate a fellow student because, in his words, "he looked funny".

Following this incident, Tsesh was interned in a psychiatric institution and deemed a danger to society, until he escaped inexplicably, two years later. He resurfaced a year afterwards, as the apprentice of a Sith warrior, under whom he studied for the next three years, before eventually killing his master by poisoning his food, over what was apparently a minor disagreement.

Drifting about the Dominion's criminal underworld for a few months, he was eventually picked up as an apprentice by a second Sith, who attempted to school him in the ways of Sith alchemy. Tsesh had little patience for it, however, and killed his new master only a few months later, by pouring a boiling concoction over him while he slept.

After that, he spent his next few years making a living as hired muscle for the Dominion's criminal underground, known by his frightening reputation of going above and beyond his "job" to deal with debtors, often "dealing with their friends and families as well, for free", as he put it, which earned him the nickname of Lord of Screams.

Following the collapse of the Dominion, Tsesh was recruited by Kainan Wolfe to act as his personal bodyguard and enforcer, his primary task being to hunt down criminals, traitors and the like, his loyalty earning him a rare spot in Wolfe's inner circle and adding to the warlord's growing reputation.

[member="Kainan Wolfe"]

Hey-o, I'll be judging this submission. Sorry for the wait. :)

I have a few concerns in how powerful this character may be. Throughout the submission you use phrases like "Mastered X" or "Expert of Y". These words imply he's at the highest possible level in ability and I'm not sure that reflects the Knight level you claim him to be.

I'll ask that you either justify these developments in further detail, alter the language so he's less powerful or add several more clear cut weaknesses to off-set them.

Samka Derith said:
[member="Kainan Wolfe"]

Hey-o, I'll be judging this submission. Sorry for the wait. :)

I have a few concerns in how powerful this character may be. Throughout the submission you use phrases like "Mastered X" or "Expert of Y". These words imply he's at the highest possible level in ability and I'm not sure that reflects the Knight level you claim him to be.

I'll ask that you either justify these developments in further detail, alter the language so he's less powerful or add several more clear cut weaknesses to off-set them.
Hi. Thanks for the feedback. I was trying to go for a character that has a very narrow repertoire of skills, that has focused extensively on a few of them, but neglected everything else. Will edit the sub to clarify, so that he doesn't seem so overpowered anymore.

EDIT: Is this better? I think its closer to what I originally intended. I'm sorry about the confusion, English isn't my native language.

• Skills: Has learned all basic Force powers and is especially fond of Force Lightning, which he uses with great talent. He is skilled in lightsaber combat, specializing in Form Eight, also known as Juyo, of which he is an expert. Tsesh is also a highly experienced torturer, having learned methods of prolonging the suffering of his victims for as long as possible, over the years.

[member="Kainan Wolfe"]

That certainly looks more balanced. There's just a very minor reference to Mastering all basic Force Powers in the combat description left but once that's cleared up, I'll stamp this for secondary!

Samka Derith said:
[member="Kainan Wolfe"]

That certainly looks more balanced. There's just a very minor reference to Mastering all basic Force Powers in the combat description left but once that's cleared up, I'll stamp this for secondary!
Oooh! Missed that on my earlier edit. Fixed it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom