Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Tsaisibolas - The Baton of Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.
u41OW6Y.gif

Image Source: National Geographic

Intent: To create a weapon/item given to mark high achievement within the One Sith.

Development Thread: If necessary

Manufacturer: Legion Yun'Do / One Sith

Model: Tsaisibolas - The Baton of Silence

Affiliation: One Sith/Sith Assassins/Legion Yun'do

Modularity: No

Production: Semi-Unique

Material: Tsaisi, Organic Material

Classification: Bolas

Size: Handheld

Length: 1 meter

Weight: 0.5 kg

Ammunition Type: N/a

Ammunition Capacity: N/a

Effective Range: Dependent on strength of throw. Along with this, with proper control of the force and airflow beneath the Tsaisibolas, the item can feasibly fly. Otherwise, the Tsaisibolas can glide very effectively and with contortion of the body, can change direction mid flight.

Rate of Fire: N/a

Special Features:

-Flat bodied (allows for more capable movement through air)
-Powergland (lightsaber resistant)
-Tsaisi Venom
-Self Healing (even when cut in half, the tsaisibolas has flight or fight mechanisms that allow it to retreat or even play dead for extraction)
-Active Camouflage

Description: The Tsaisibolas is an artifact of extraterrestrial evolution from the prior control of the Yuuzhan Vong, over Selvaris, during the initial establishment of the interment camps. After leaving, it's hypothesized that numerous populations of Tsaisi and Amphistaff, as well as other creatures, were left behind. During this time of absence, the communities either died or evolved to combat the foreign environments. With the natural jungle like terrain, a subset of Tsaisi evolved. The primary point of evolution was the development of a flattened body, allowing lunged movement from jungle canopy tops - meaning they could traverse long distances.

Capable of self-healing, the non sentient creature is a highly capable predator, with the capacity to actively camouflage either mid flight or on ground. Despite that, however, a keen eye would be capable of discerning the shift in colors and this property is a double edged sword, allowing concealment at certain points but also allowing detection associated with movement.

Because of their capacity to blend into their environment and the ferocious aggressiveness of the creature, the studied populations are extremely low to non-existence. However, what have been retained have been shown to form similar bonds to their wielders as the original amphistaff, mating for life as it were. They can be controlled through either suggestion, with body language, or taught hand gestures. However, as difficult as they are to find, it's even more difficult to find a warrior of the Yuuzhan Vong that would prefer this creature over the traditional amphistaff. This fact is further strengthened by the notion that the Tsaisbolas cannot switch between whip or erect form, meaning that it can only be used as a whip or thrown projectile.

Typical use of the Tsaisibolas involves flinging the weapon at desired target, either towards an arm or the legs. Once it hits, the weapon naturally coils around a limb(s), taking on the color of whatever material it is attached to, before biting into flesh, through clothing or against armor. Whether it sinks into flesh or not doesn't dictate the use of venom, which would be immediate after initial clamp - a venom that can cause excruciating pain, numbness, paralysis, and death. Despite being capable of self-healing, once seriously wounded, the Tsaisibolas is incapable of eliciting a venom response. After wounding, the weapon uncoils and retreats, taking on the active camouflage to blend in with it's surrounding environment. The Tsaisi carries a very similar durability to it's ancestor, the Amphistaff, in that repeated blunt trauma or decapitation are the only sure fire ways of killing it.

Primary Source: N/a

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Scepter_of_Power

Starwars Chaos:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/33866-hydrastaff/

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS

Reverance said:
-Self Healing (even when cut in half, the tsaisibolas has flight or fight mechanisms that allow it to retreat or even play dead for extraction)
So long as it is understood that critical injuries aren't going to heal over the course of a battle, no problems.

Reverance said:
Production: Semi-Unique
I just need to know how many. Unique and Semi-Unique normally have a set number of them running around.

All in all, excellent sub.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Oh okay, according to the template, I had assumed that production had no actual number attached. More like a 'I can't define it but I know it when I see it' sort of thing.'

I was thinking something like no greater than 5 of them running around at a time. Given that it's a species, I would assume the destruction of one would yield another in it's stead without actually increasing the number that's floating around. But it's totally negotiable, I hadn't actually put thought into a discrete number for production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom