Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Trying to Make a Living

Coruscant

Mission - retrieve stolen shipment of Port in a Storm

She let out a heavy sigh she was on the move again tracking down a few leads on who had swiped the case from the delivery ship. It was special order for the Lucky Lady Rekha Kaarde claimed to have the best stock bar on Coruscant and this...well this was just one of the cases.

"I just need some information.." The green eyed brunette looked to the ugnaught, "surely you saw something..."

He shifted slightly nodding hemming and hawing...."maybe..."

"Maybe" she whispered back, "what do you need for you to tell me about maybe."

He stepped back looking up at her, "passage for my family"

That request caught her off guard, not like a little a lot. "um..." How bad was this going to get not that she wouldn't make it happen but who had the case an why....feth..."to where?"

A nod, "Bespin"

AHA! Yes..."I can make that happen.."

He nodded, "You get them there, then I'll tell you."

Ok, that was ominous...very ominous in her mind. Feth...was the shipment worth it? His face gave away nothing though no fear, no..nothing.... There was something more going on on Coruscant she just knew it. But what...and...could she handle it alone?

She did know a cop - Jessica Bowers Jessica Bowers maybe....hmmm....."Send them to the Lucky Lady tomorrow, I'll have the arrangements made by then."

He nodded and walked off.
What am I getting into?

She sat in the Lucky Lady talking with Jared, "You will have to fly them to Bespin, couple days out couple days back, if you have to take Zoey and the kids make an adventure of it. However...get one scratch on the Star and I'll have your head." She paused and smiled, "on a platter."

She waited impatiently her fingers drumming on the bar finally in what felt like hours he came through the door followed by a short human female Rekha looked for kids. Her gaze met his as she motioned for him to come to the end of the bar. WTF she wondered.

She wasn't one to judge, but something in the back of her mind was screaming and dancing on her nerves. "Is this your family?" She asked as discretely as she could. He nodded, "As far as you know she is and as far as if anyone asks you say that"

oh this was now taking a turn for the absolutely worse...the questions in her mind she knew she couldn't ask....but...she had already made the promise and she wouldn't be known as someone who breaks her word.

She looked back to Jared who came up, "Ok she goes with him, he'll send word when they land."

"Great when they land we'll talk"

He turned to the woman speaking in a language she did not recognize. She had a feeling it was code between them so that no one would know. Then he took her hand put it to his brow and left.

The woman who now Rekha could see better was short with mousy brown hair and large brown eyes. Something about her made her...uneasy. Why? She didn't know.

Rekha looked at Jared, "Bespin, and could you do me a favor...find out how Ipsula is doing"

Jarred nodded, "Got it Capn, Mam this way."

She then sent a message to Jessica asking her to stop by the bar
Jessica Bowers Jessica Bowers

As acting supervisor for the nights shift, Jessica was alone in the police airspeeder. It was an assignment she had been doing occasionally lately when the other supervisors called in sick or by any other reason was off duty or had was temporarily assigned to other duties within the department and Coruscant as a whole. She had the boss trust, but also enjoyed working with Mathis who usually sat beside her and always had a joke up his sleeve or they would discuss matters high and low about both the department and their private lives.

Her small datapad buzzed and when she checked it she saw the message from a familiar person, asking to stop by an equally familiar bar. Jessica smiled. The pretty brunette entrepreneur had something on her heart. They had not seen each other on a while, so Jessica was not late to break out from the airspeeder late and steer for The Luck Lady a couple of blocks away.

The engines of the airspeeder reved down gave away hisses as it descended upon a good parkingspot on the street, close to the main enterance. Jessica jumped out of it with ease and the door closed behind her as she entered the club, keeping a keen eye out for Rekha. She saw the entrepreneur lady sitting by the bar and made her way over to her. Rekha seemed to be in deep thoughts, and Jessica holler at her from a distance. Gear and all, she gave her a big hug as she reached the boss of the establishment.

''Rekha! I got your message - I'm so glad to see you! Everything's good?'' she said merrily as she let go of her friend.

Rekha Kaarde Rekha Kaarde

It wasn't long before the blonde walked through the doors of the Lucky Lady. Rekha waved her to come over where she was taking up residence, "Oh things are about as they always are except this week." Rekha waved for a drink, water for them both.

One thing she learned Jess didn't like feeling off balance when working and right now she needed her clear headed just in case. but now there was a small teeny tiny problem, how to explain what she wanted to ask without getting Jess into full blown officer mode.

"How's things by you?" She smiled, making sure to keep it all as natural as she could. Yep. natural.

Jessica joined Rekha by her side, somewhat laidback leaning against the bar until the bartender came over with two glasses of water. She took the rather fancy glass with her fingerless gloved hand and studied the glass and its content briefly. For a moment, this fancy glass of simple water, held by her in a rough black police uniform in this fancy establishment created by her friend, made her fell funny. She felt the looks from some of the patrons alright, but she didn't care and she also knew that it would send a signal that the owner had friends in the department. That would at least deter some thugs and scoundrels that might have the foolish idea to cause trouble on her friends life's work.

''Oh, I'm good! Except this week? I don't like the sound of that...?'' Jessica said, straightening herself and adjusting her position some with a curious look upon Rekha. ''Tell me. What happened?'' she continued talking over the edge of the glass before taking a sip, going straight to the point.

"Well..." it wasn't a great way to start a conversation but, "I lost something very expensive its called Port in Storm. I went looking for it in the lower levels as that seems to be the traditional place for things to go."

She drummed her fingers on the table, "I ran across a some information and provided a way off the planet for a young woman...which I was surprised by. Now I'm waiting for him to show up and for Jared to tell me he's made it to Bespin. Cause I got a feeling I just helped someone get off Coruscant that was avoiding something and my Port is going to be more expensive than it already was." She smiled again.

"How's your week again?"

She gave Jessica all the information no sense of trying to be shady about it all but there wasn't much of a choice. She needed her to trust her and trust would only come from being honest.

She listened closely to the trouble her friend had got herself into. Every journey down to the lower levels was dangerous, even for police units. She knew Rekha had a sharp tongue and fearless heart, but that would not do any good if she had ran across the wrong people down there.

''Hold on, now. I know what Port in a Storm is... You lost a whole shipment of it, and went down to the lower levels looking for it? All by yourself?'' she said, put down the glass of water and tried to puzzle it all together. ''What does this woman got to do with that? And I'm still waiting to her where I fit into all of this?''

Rekha laughed, "sweetie Jessica I didn't get this far by sitting around waiting for someone to come along and fight my battles. So yeah I went down alone. Its my port my property you don't just let folks steal from you."

The little hairs rose up on her arm,
"Ugnaught, his wife. A human female. They looked snug as bugs. Could just be me...but it felt off. Then there's you." What could she say.

"don't wear a uniform, don't be a cop, and come help me figure this out and find my port." What else could she say...there it was.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom