Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

True Darkness

"Course I'll let ya. You got strength in the Force, the kind that few in the galaxy posses. Now don't start getting all formal for my sake." He'd wink, then turn [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] 's saber off to hand to her. If it wasn't for the Cortosis surprise, this would have gone on much longer, shown more of what Krest could do, and more of what the Ren could do. But that would spoil the fun of this.

The Zabrak would stand, streaking his limbs until they popped. Regardless of the outcome, this had been a good workout. Perhaps a bit more than he had anticipated. Or he was just getting old. A frown formed for a moment as he thought about the later. Before his frown could become a problem though he glanced over to the woman, flashing another of his grins. "So, to make it official. You going to report the Rens activities to me to learn how to be Sith?"

Kaalia shuckled at his remark as her lightsaber made its way back into the sleeve. "I was merely using the language befitting a king. You can't fault me for that." There was a slight pause as the saber was secured, ensuring it wouldn't fall out. "I aim to use that strength in its fullest capacity, and I'm willing to go quite far to ensure that." She brushed her hair back behind her shoulders, the unexpected sparring match leaving it a mess. The grin flashed by [member="Krest"] combined with his previous words revealed that he wasn't as formal as she expected the Sith lord to be, which was surprising.

The choice had to be made. The information would no doubt be used to the Sith's advantage in the future, potentially threatening the Order. Would it come to that however she would ensure, in one way or another, that the people she cared about were kept out of harm's way. This was an offer that simply couldn't be refused. "I have people within the Ren that I care about, and I will go leaps and bounds for them. I don't know exactly what you aim to do with the information, but if you can accept the fact certain names will not be named I will report the things you want to know. In return for Sith teachings, of course. If that is acceptable, then we have a deal."

"You are welcome to protect anyone you wish to. But should any alliance I make with the First Order fail and war breaks out, get them out of the way or I will be forced to kill them." It was a threat in one way, but a promise in another. Should [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] keep her loved ones out of the war, they would not be harmed or hunted. If they fought, he would kill them, all of them. Such was the promise of a Sith after all.

"I truly doubt that would happen though. My goal is to make a lasting alliance with between us to get rid of the Jedi and their ilk."

Kaalia nodded. This was as good as the situation would get in regards to the two parties she supported and would have to accept that. "I cannot realistically ask for more." If anyone in the Ren found out what had been discussed here, she would be relentlessly hunted down, but that wasn't the thing she was most afraid of. Losing Ara, but also Connor, that was something she didn't want to happen under any circumstance. Still, this was something that had to be done. She wouldn't lose them, preventing that from happening would become her number one priority. Nothing took precendence over it. "I assume it is done, then. I trust we have an agreement?" She looked over to [member="Krest"] to gauge his reaction.

The Zabrak then mentioned wanting to create an alliance between the two groups to destroy a common enemy; the Jedi. It was a goal Kaalia would fully support, the mentioning of the group of Lightsiders already waking a small flame of anger within her. "They're no fan of the Sith, but we've been over that already. Even then, if there is any way for me to help create that alliance I will gladly assist in bringing the groups together. For the good of both."

"Best way would be to put in a good word about us. The more we work together and get results, such as with the Shaper, and the others will see the advantage of having us work together, instead of against." Casually Krest began to run his hand over the exposed Cortosis layer on his arm, checking for any cracks within the brittle ore. Nothing thankfully, but that would change soon if he didn't get a new plate of Durasteel on to cover it. Not that he could at this moment of course.

"For the time being, your skills and power are more than impressive. With how similar the Ren and Sith are, the basics you've already covered with your family here will make your training that much faster. But of course, you need to learn the code. Every Sith lives by this code and their interpretation of it, and the only law is that if you wish to enforce your belief, you must have the strength to back it up. I will tell you the code, and I ask you tell me what you think of it. This will be the foundation of who you will become.

"Peace is a lie, there is only Passion.
Through Passion, I gain Strength.
Through Strength, Power.
Through Power, Victory.
Through Victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free."

Kaalia stored the words in her memory, and see to realizing them. "I'll see what I can do. It's a large mountain to climb, but it'll have to be done." Putting in a good word would just be the start, but every step forward was one.

The redhead was glad to hear that [member="Krest"] was impressed by her skill already, giving her the confidence that she could grow to become even stronger. When he mentioned their code, she was ready to take mental notes, but when he spoke them a smirk was drawn across her face. "That's... Funny." She chuckled at the familiarity of those words. "I have been taught that code before, by a Knight of Ren no less." He had told her those words during her first lesson, and she had kept them in mind at all times. She had pondered on its meaning on many an occasion. "Peace can't be attained. Emotions are at the core of people's beings, and those lead to conflict. The tensions caused by conflict fuel one's passion." She mulled over the second line. "That passion is the fuel to the Dark side. Embrace it and nurture it, and it can grant you strength that isn't attainable in any other way. Unrivalled potential." Strength to power. It was the line she had the most trouble with understanding, but she believed to have a good grasp on it now. She continued. "That strength, it opens doors that were previously closed. Embracing who you truly are allows you to become so much more, and gain true power. Power that causes your enemies to tremble before you." Her previous grin returned, now with a wicked edge to it. "Using that power allows you to pursue your goals and ambitions, making them reality. That is victory." The chains. Everytime she thought of that line memories of the shackles that bound her to the Light returned to her mind, causing her anger to flare up. She kept it under control, however. "Victory, accomplishing what you set out to do, it brings you freedom. If your ultimate goal has been achieved, what stops you from going beyond that? No one or anything can control you, keep you down. The master of your own fate." That way, the Force would set you free. "The Force, it is the catalyst of it all. Mastering the Force will guide you to freedom, to everything you desire."

The Zabrak peered at [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] for a moment, then burst into laughter. "A Ren taught you the code of the Sith? Irony at it's finest! They are Sith if this is their true code, just deceived by someone into think they're not." This realization only made him smile. Perhaps it would be easier to bring more to the Sith than he thought. Regardless, he remained silent, listening to her explanation. There was no right or wrong answer, instead it was what she felt about it that was his interest.

"I can show you how to gain power. How to control the Dark and bend it and others to your will. Use this code to influence your life. Use it to control and focus your power. With the basics already covered presumably in the Ren, I'll teach you more advanced things. Do you know how to crush things in the Force?"

Kaalia laughed along with [member="Krest"] as she found that irony wasn't lost on her, at least in regard to her master. "I doubt the rest of the Ren go by that code, however. They likely even reject it." Her smile was reduced to a minimum. "I can assure you that if I had another teacher within the Ren I would not have heard it before." She respected the man who taught her. He was no fanatic, instead a cool-headed teacher that focussed on one's skill. He desired order and stability, and that drove him towards the Order. While her goals and desires were different, she found herself to be similar compared to him in ways.

When the Zabrak mention crushing things with the Force, her interest was piqued. "I have heard of such a power before, but it has not yet crossed my path. I suspect that is about to change." The redhead looked at Krest in anticipation, eager to see what he was going to show her. "Show me."

"The Dark Side of the Force can do a number of things. I know Sith who can rip the very feeling of life from your body, killing you and sustaining them. Others can form a legion of undead, bringing to life friend and foe to destroy what ever they wish to. This power is much more simple. You know how to grip things, throw them around. The pressure you had felt on your throat in our duel is another variation." The Zabrak had once again begun to pace around the room, this time looking for something. One of the training racks would do. The Force swelled around the room, and a similar rumble as when she had been choked echoed throughout.

The rack was lifted into the air with a movement of Krest's hand and shook violently. "Anger, hate. Well, any emotion really, but hate is a good focus for this power, gives you strength. Using this strength, focus on the item, focus on breaking it down, crushing it against itself. The harder it is to do, the more frustrated you will get, and that frustration will give you more power. It's an endless circle that will make you stronger and ultimately," A screech of metal filled the room as the rack caved in on itself, twisting and contorting until eventually, it broke and formed into a ball. "It will be crushed. Be warned however, as this takes time and focus. You will be left open to attacks, and won't be as useful in a firefight. But a chock would be. Gripping a throat and tossing someone aside will break morale and maybe a few necks. Go ahead, try. Remember, focus your emotions, any kind."

[member="Kaalia Voldaren"]

As [member="Krest"] explained the workings of what he demonstrated, the rack he was assaulting collapsed with a metallic screech while still floating in the air. His focus on using your frustration of the potential difficulty was duly noted, but she hoped to not have to use it. It was mostly a pride thing, but in the end she would grasp every bit of power in her reach. She nodded. "Got it." The redhead looked over her shoulder for a second as she turned around, and picked up another rack with invisible hands. She looked at it for a moment and let the visage of her former Jedi master sink into her concious as she closed her eyes.

His face was insufferable. It was the face of a man she was held down by, led astray by. He was the cause of all the struggle she felt while leaving behind the Light. Kaalia hated him. When her eyes met the light of the training room once again her eyes were ablaze. Her hate swirled all around her and she grasped it, bending it to her will. Hate turned to passion and passion turned to power as she focussed on the rack that floated in the air. It resisted, but the woman wouldn't go along with its unwillingness to break. Frustration started popping up, and she almost instinctively grasped it and let it fuel her even more. Eventually, Kaalia broke through the object and it caved in on itself, crushing it into a ball not unlike the one created by Krest. "I was not as fast as I would've hoped to be, but it's a start."

"Like I said, it's not the most practical power. It has it's uses, namely for intimidation, but I'm sure you'll find another use for it." He chuckled, mostly to himself, before turning his head to the door. "That's all I'll show you for now. We'll continue when we meet up and you report in with some of your information. Is there anything you'd like to ask?" Krest set his hands behind his back, gazing back to [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] with a raised brow.

Perhaps [member="Krest"] was right, but Kaalia would still practice it in order to reduce the time it took her to crush the object. She was often a perfectionist and as such the urge to perfect the technique would not fade anytime soon. "I am sure I will find many ways to use it." It was something basic, but there was no doubt in the redhead's mind that there was much more to learn.

The Zabrak made his intention of leaving clear, and asked if Kaalia had any questions. "I do." was her answer as she moved towards the door herself. "When, and where, do we meet again?" Her tone was direct but polite, befitting of a question such as the one she asked. After their meeting she would return to the Bastion of Ren, continuing her life as if this meeting had never taken place.

"Use the holonet. Under news on Iridonia, simply make a post about the weather of Kurjari. It doesn't actually exist, so it wont get bogged down by other posts. In turn, check that as well. I might toss a post myself. Check daily however, as two days after the post I'll be waiting here again." Simple, or at least Krest hoped. No one would really expect a meeting between a Sith and his secret apprentice to be planned via weather reports, but who knew? "For now, focus on the code. Let your emotions fuel your power, but make them your slave. To fall slave to your own emotions would make you a weapon, not a Sith. Remember that, there's a thin line between you becoming a tool or staying your own. Either way, you'll become powerful." A friendly tip, a final warning. With one last smile and a simple wave of his hand the Zabrak would leave [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] alone in the room to think about what had just transpired, and how much of her soul she had just sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom