Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troubles with Tutaminis

As they finished walking along through the entryway columns, Mereel tilted his head towards her and gave her a quiant look that wavered between uncertainty and understanding.

"I'm not being that hard on myself. Besides, correcting myself now is just a part of the process. I need to discourage it now so it doesn't happen later."

Mereel hoped that was how that would work anyhow. He didn't know if someone as old as him could be trained into patience through simple reprimands like that, but he would try nonetheless. He grunted after she said she hadn't been here before, and resigned himself to the hated task of asking for directions.

Still, his spirits lifted a little as they entered the main chamber of the Great Hall. The roof hovered untold meters overhead, and the chamber extended a long ways before them with many doorways branching off from the main hall. He saw several Jedi sauntering through the massive main hall, but he didn't have to walk to any of them to ask someone for directions.

He tilted his head to a Jedi Temple Guard standing watch by the door, "Hello friend, can you direct us to a communications hub?"

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

A great leap forward often requires first taking t
Lilla nodded her approval. It was good to know why Mereel was admonishing himself – and it definitely seemed it was for the right reasons. His progress from Knight to Master would be almost entirely self-governed and so a sense of personal awareness was vital to this.

Lilla allowed Mereel to ask for directions and took a back-seat in the proceedings – it was her general style, to only guide or interfere when something significant would happen. Minor setbacks were all part of the learning process after all.

The guide bowed from the waist, a stiff action, and gave simple directions. It seemed the communications room was on this floor and towards the end of this area and through a door on the right. Then, they went down a short corridor, and the room itself was at the end of the passage.

Lilla smiled and bowed in return. “Many thanks, and may the Force be with you,” she said. “So…off we go.”

[member="Mereel Vaun"]

After the Temple guard was done Mereel reflexively reached for a pouch on his belt. As he opened the credit chip pouch and began fishing around in it, he remembered that this temple guard wasn't a random civilian he had run into on the street. Clearing his throat verbally, he shut the pouch and gave the guard slight nod.

"Thank you, ner vod."

Mereel began walking down the hall of the main chamber, hugging the right side of the massive room. "Mhmm. Off we go. This is plan A. If Tucker doesn't pick up I'll need to go back to my starfighter in the morning to retrieve something I left behind."

The Great Hall was.. well, great. Even at a brisk walk, it would take a bit of time for them to reach the door leading to the communications room. "So, how are your own studies going?

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

Lilla found everyone had idiosyncrasies – even if they didn’t realise it themselves. Some were – quite frankly – annoying, like people who talked too loud. Others were far more nuances that enhanced their personalities. And Mereel’s habit of slipping in the occasional word or phrase of Mando’a was essentially endearing (although for some with longer memories, it was not always a plus to be reminded of the warrior society).

So, they set off for the comms room and Lilla was intrigued to find that it was Mereel that led the conversation about development – and his focus was on the Jedi Knight.

“Well,” she said, “I haven’t been resting on my laurels. But similarly, I haven’t overstretched myself. My preference has always been to be strong on a few abilities as opposed to having a little control across a large number. So, I continue to develop my understanding on Meditation and have recently become interested in the possibilities offered by White Current. Finding someone to learn from is harder than the training itself, but I understand the basics and can now see in the White Current. Rendering myself and those around me invisible using it is something I am still working on.”

[member="Mereel Vaun"]

Mereel nodded as they turned down the hallway leading to the communications room. He could understand Lilla's philosophy of development perfectly well, but in a way he kind of wanted to be a jack of all trades.

Now that he was serious about his career as a Jedi, he knew what he wanted to develop his skill in: the blade. Already considering himself a master of riflery, learning the forms of the lightsaber seemed like the natural direction for him to go now.

He gave her a quaint look when she mentioned 'White Current', but then something clicked in the back of his mind. "I've slacked a bit in my studies, but I recognize that term, although very, very vaguely. White Current is tied to the Fallanassi, right?"

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

Of course, jack-of-all trades, master of a few, was a philosophy with no right or wrong approach. The individual had to decide what they wanted and run with it.

And she was impressed by Mereel’s grasp of the lesser known groups that used the Force. “Yes,” she said, “What we call the Force, they call the White Current. And like Jedi, they began as a religious order, albeit they were primarily women. What differs is how they use the Force. Their focus is on illusions – and seem to be unable to manipulate objects through the Force. It is fascinating that they use the same energy we do, but in an entirely different way. And that, as ever, intrigues me. So I spend time with the Adepts of the White Current when I can, and learn whatever they are willing to share – accepting my grasp will never be as theirs is, given their devotion to a narrow use of the Force. Somewhat full circle back to the jack-of-all trades debate. Some abilities are worth accepting as requiring enough devotion to give up on others. But only for some people, I readily accept.”

“Now, where is this communications room?”

[member="Mereel Vaun"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom