Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Troublemakers Inc.

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
"You'll get used to it." Jonyna nodded, slowing her movement as she pulled her sword back to it's original position. "The important part is to let the weight shift with yours. It's an extension of your arm, not just a stick you can flail around. Fluid slashes are best. Think of it like..." She looked around, before looking down at her feet. She took a moment to put her sword down, before extending her leg out in demonstration. "The sword is like the foot on the end of my leg. You swing your leg, it's a kick. But you only kick with the top of your foot. The sword is just that, but for your arms. A lightsaber is the same thing, but like..." She picked her sword back up, turning it in her hand. "With a lightsaber, you don't have to really aim the blade. It just cuts anything it touches. With a sword, you gotta be precise." She swung the sword in one hand, swinging in much broader strokes than before. "The sword acts as sort of like...a chop. Sure, you can swing your hand around, and if it hits something it'll hurt, but if you really chop someone, it'll hurt a lot more."

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP
alexboarder.png
Braze turned his soft pale green eyes to Jonyna's demonstration. "You must be a great duelist. You speak with so much knowledge. " Braze marveled briefly. " I can only imagine how impressive you must look like in the heat of combat. " He chirped showing no guilt over his excitement of swordplay and fighting. It was clear he was a very excitable and physical boy who enjoyed scrapping with how he just about idolized her for this brief session of teaching about one of his favorite subjects of study.

DeadpoolMLP

Jonyna chuckled, sheathing her blade. "It took me about ten years to get good at it. It's a lot of me just sitting in a room swingin' at nothing until you get the muscle memory. I used to have a friend throw rocks at me while I tried to block them with my sword."

It did strike her for a moment. She liked this kid. Reminded her of a younger Jonyna who just wanted to prove to the world that heroes still existed, despite the whole galaxy burning around her. She gave him a kind look, before tilting her head. "...do you not have a master already?"

Braze Braze

Braze chuckled softly, though there was a tinge of sadness in his eyes. Jonyna's question had struck a chord within him, reminding him of his own insecurities. "Well, it seems I'm the unluckiest kitten in the box," he replied with a wry smile. "But who knows? Maybe someone will take pity on me eventually."

His mind wandered back to the recent events involving the Bothans and the unexpected assistance he had received from the mysterious woman. The memory sparked a glimmer of hope within him, a newfound determination to make a difference, even if it meant stepping away from the traditional Jedi path.

With a thoughtful expression, Braze returned Jonyna's weapon to her, handling it with care. "Thank you for letting me experience the weight and elegance of your sword," he said sincerely. "It's different from my training saber, but there's something captivating about it."
As he spoke, a mixture of emotions swirled within him—uncertainty, longing, and a hint of resilience. Braze couldn't deny the challenges he faced, but he was beginning to see that his journey might take a different course than he had originally anticipated.

DeadpoolMLP

Jonyna took the sword back, a hint of sadness of her own in her eye. She remembered seeing that sense of longing to be the hero of your own story. That need to make a difference. And with that, her mind was made up. "I guess that eventually will be now then." She smiled, sunshine filling the room at the sight. "You can be my padawan, if you want." It was less a declaration, and more an invitation. She figured he'd find himself only in more trouble if she didn't take him under her wing. Someone like him? He was more or less destined at his age to find trouble. Better to have a mentor at his side when he does.

Her tail flicked at the thought. She didn't see herself as a mentor, per say. Teaching was more Giran's thing. But Giran was in the past. This kid needed help. It's what Sylvar would do, after all. It's what she did for her all those years ago. Maybe she wasn't ready, maybe she was. Her fur was only going to grey if she put herself out there. Time to take the dive, she figured.

Braze Braze

Braze's smile faltered for a moment as a mixture of emotions washed over him. He couldn't help but feel a twinge of uncertainty and self-doubt gnawing at the edges of his confidence. The recent events involving the Bothans weighed heavily on his mind, reminding him of his perceived failures and the consequences of his actions.

He looked down at his feet, his voice tinged with a touch of hesitation. "I appreciate your offer, Jonyna, truly I do," he began, his words carrying a hint of vulnerability. "But I... I can't help but question whether I'm truly deserving of this opportunity. The incident with the Bothans... it showed me that maybe I'm not cut out for this path, that I'm more of a liability than an asset."

Braze's eyes flicked up to meet Jonyna's gaze, searching for understanding. "I don't want to let you down. I don't want to put you or anyone else in danger because of my mistakes. Maybe it would be best if I just... step back, find another way to contribute without being a burden to others."

His voice trailed off, a sense of disappointment mingling with his words. Deep down, he yearned for guidance and purpose, but the weight of his recent failures weighed heavily on his heart. He couldn't shake the feeling that he had let down those who had placed their trust in him. " I would hate to take that opportunity from someone more deserving. I'm sorry... I'm not sure I'm ready. "

DeadpoolMLP

Jonyna’s demeanor seemed to shift from the carefree smart mouth to a more honest visage. “Would you believe me if I told you I felt the same way? Fun fact about me. I’m not from this time. Spent 900 years in ice before I got out and found a world where calling yourself a Jedi wouldn’t get you killed. Now I’m in the presence of folks like The Nobles, and…my brain has been trying to convince me that I’m not worthy. But…I’m proving it wrong, every day. You can too. If you don’t believe yourself, believe in me. The me that believes in you.” She poked at Braze’s chest for emphasis, looking him dead in the eyes. “I wanna see you grow, not wallow in what happened before. You can’t change what happened. But a real Jedi keeps moving forward.”

Braze Braze

Braze listened intently to Jonyna's heartfelt confession, his eyes reflecting a mix of surprise and uncertainty. He nodded slowly, trying to process her words. "I appreciate your belief in me, Jonyna," he replied politely, his voice tinged with hesitation. "It's inspiring to hear your story and how you've overcome your own doubts."
He paused for a moment, unsure of how to fully respond. "I'll... consider what you've said," he continued, his tone diplomatic. "Moving forward and embracing my journey is something I'll strive for. Thank you for your encouragement."
While Braze acknowledged the sincerity in Jonyna's words, he couldn't fully commit to her unwavering optimism just yet. He needed time to process and find his own footing in this new path he had chosen.

Tumultuous concern and guilt churned within him, weighing heavily on his conscience. The weight of recent mistakes left him questioning his own worthiness and hesitant to fully embrace her optimism. Deep down, he carried the burden of his internal conflict, grappling with a burning desire to prove himself while battling the darkness that lingered within. He still had quite a few chores to attend to present as well and thanked her for her kindness towards him.

DeadpoolMLP

Jonyna let out a sigh. He needed time and space to think it over. She knew he needed someone like her, but she couldn't force it. That'd only make him resent her. She stood, smiling down at the boy. "Get your chores done then. Can't skimp on your responsibilities. But just know....the offer stands. I wanna teach you, and even if it's alongside someone else, I think we'd be good for each other."

Braze Braze

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom