Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble at Outpost 09

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Outpost Nine
Tython

It was a sunny afternoon that brought Jedi Roberts out from her maintenance shed. She was busy scribing notes onto her datapad as her astromech droid lagged behind her. Grant Pherson was busy fixing a thermal beacon nearby and Karen took a moment to approach her strong friend,

"Hey Grant? Where are all the Diatium Cells that were in my shed? I can't find any in the bins and R2 can't find any listing of them being scanned out?"
"Huh? ...Oh. Yeah, well. We've had some thefts this week. All around the west mountain region really. Not sure who is behind it yet. But, I didn't know that all the power cells were missing too. That's really kinda strange."

"Oh? I hadn't heard. What else have they stolen?"
"Well. Now that I think about it. Lightsaber parts mostly. ...Hm. Why. How many cells did we lose?"

"About six I believe. At least, that is how many are on my inventory report. Is... Is the number important?"
"Well. It could be. ...I'd go check with Taskmaster Stern. The Ithorian with the pointy hat. He's probably down by the Seraph Training grounds right now. I think he was looking into the stolen parts too."

"Ah. I see. Well. I'll think I'll do that. Thanks Grant."
"Yep. And take your droid with you too. Damn thing keeps beeping at me."

~ Woop wonk. Beep beep. ~
"Hehe. Oh, he didn't mean anything by it R2. Come along then. Let's Grant to his busy-work."

Karen went back inside and touched the Holo Monitor. Taskmaster Stern appeared shortly,

"Ah. Hello Master Stern. It's Knight Roberts from Outpost Nine. I understand you've been looking into some thefts recently."
"I have. Disappointing. Dead end, I have hit. No luck. Offering assistance are you."

"Oh well. I have a few power cells missing as well. Six of our diatium cells have gone missing."
"Discouraging news. Unsure I am. Dead end, I am afraid."

"Well. If you wouldn't mind? I could look into it for you? What have you found so far?"
"Interesting. Happy to hear you will assist. Transferring data now. This is the list I have made. Check it over and proceed. I will await your reply."

"Oh. Very good. I see you've asked the other Masters for help too. Is anyone else coming to help me?"
"Yes. Search Team was needed. Assembling one I was. Send them to you, I will. Volunteers. Many hands make light work. Good to remember."

"Indeed. Well. Thank you Master Stern. I look forward to receiving the Search Team shortly. And do not worry. We will find our stolen property soon."
"Happy I am to hear you speak such words. Talk to you soon. May the Force be with you."

The message dissipated and Karen was in deep thought. Her astromech beeped twice and spun it's dome with curiosity.

"Yes indeed R2. It looks like we have a scavenger hunt to organize. Hehe."

Wrale arrived at Outpost 9 on a landspeeder he had taken from the Jedi Temple. He hopped out of the speeder and walked into the outpost. He paused, and looked around. He was sent here as part of a search team, so, he might as well start looking. First, he had to find somone to talk to, though.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen was sitting outside the Maintenance Shed reading over the notes Master Stern had given her. She hadn't noticed Elerel's arrival yet.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The woman paused and look up at him curiously,

"Oh? And um. What are you searching for, exactly?"

She seemed confused as to how to assist Wrale. He didn't seem to know why he was here.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Oh. Well in that case? Welcome to Outpost Nine. I'm Knight Roberts and I facilitate the construction here. Oh? And I'm also helping Master Stern with his Investigation into the recent thefts around the region. ...So you must be a volunteer then yes? I'm surprised they didn't tell you more."

She shook her head and shrugged. It was a big planet, I suppose.

"Did they send anyone else with you, I wonder?"

Davin and a squad of twelve fellow soldiers kept firewatches and guarded outpost nine when necessary. He had received the assignment shortly after the 73rd had returned to Coruscant after their latest deployment, one of only a few volunteers. The Division Commander had announced the posting at a division wide meeting shortly after they had returned. Most had families or a life of some kind outside the military to get back to. Not Major Jusik. The posting was only for five months and why not? Pay bump, chance to explore a little explored section of the galaxy, maybe meet some new being, what'd he have to lose?

He had been working on a modification to his armor's helmet when the new Jedi had arrived. Odd thing for the Outpost. The tall soldier wore only his armor's trouser's and a grease stained T-Shirt but those eyes of his scared people mor than he meant to. And now they were attempting to peer into the new arrival's soul. It was sort of a game of his, trying to get a bead on people the moment he saw them.

Gezzo

Captain Gezzo, 73rd Infantry, Charlie Company CO
Gezzo's wings beat the air relentlessly as the overgrown bug hovered through the air. His eyes were scanning the area below him for any signs of trouble, that if spotted, would cause the Republican insect to send a warning to the rest of the guard unit at Outpost 09. Gezzo, although being the Captain of his unit, preferred to go out on scout duty on his own since he could cover more ground in a shorter amount of time, thanks to his wings. He still had a ground unit searching the brush below just in case, but the insect saw little need for them. He would rather have his men resting in the hive than out here wasting their energy on a task he could do himself with a quarter of the effort, but high command insisted against it. Hive a word the old warrior still found himself using even after being off of Geonosis for so long, old habits die hard and the Geonosian was full of them.

In truth, he ran his whole company like he was still leading Geonosians into battle. His philosophy was simple, don't send ten warriors to do what one worker can and don't send a thousand workers to do what one warriors can. Every member of his unit had their purposes and there was no reason to use more soldiers than necessary to complete simple tasks, such as scouting. During his time as a warrior on Geonosis, Gezzo had learned only to send one qualified warrior out to complete tasks like scouting. The reason was that Geonosians don't like to expose even the smallest portions of their true numbers until the time for battle came. This way when they faced the warrior horde they had no idea how many to expect, as is the Geonosian way ever since the times of the War of Corruption. He did not understand the Republics apparent need to give out "shows of force" it was impractical and gave away sensitive information.

The geonosian finished his round of scouting for the hour, stopping right over the building where the XO of the 73rd stayed. Gezzo figured it would not hurt to stop in and see how his commander was doing and give him the scouting report.

Davin heard the tell-tale buzz off a Geonosians wings and looked up, catching a glimpse of brown tan wings hovering overhead. His attention now distracted from the Jedi he looke up and said loudly with a smile.

"How goes it Captain?"

Jusik didn't share the prejudices some of his men had about Geonosians and viewed the newest officer to be given command of a company in the battalion as a large asset with a lot to offer. Being Geonosian, Gezzo had a huge wealth of tactics unknown to many other species, as well as a completely different though process and cultural perspective. Such an officer would expand viewpoints and open other doors which in Davin's mind, made him invaluable for opening doors hidden by the mind. It also didn't hurt that Gezzo was one of the few members of the 73rd on planet.

"There should be..." He shrugged. "I'm sure they'll arrive shortly. I'm Wrale, by the way." Oh good, he was in the right place. "So, what do we know about these thefts? I assume what was stolen is fairly important if a team was made to search for them."

Gezzo

Captain Gezzo, 73rd Infantry, Charlie Company CO
Gezzo slowly hovered down to the Major, who looked up with a huge grin

"How goes it Captain

It took a second for Gezzo's translator to put the Major's words into the clicks and zips that the insectoid was used to. He knew some basic, but his understanding of the language was very rough. The culture of Geonosis turned away the notion of outsiders and did well to keep their culture segregated from the rest of the galaxies, so he never even heard someone speak basic until he left Geonosis.

Gezzo landed on the ground with a soft thud and then proceeded to walk up to his Commanding Officer. In very broken and squeaky basic, Gezzo responded "Go-od, Major. How you?"

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"...Oh my yes. It appears that quite a few lightsaber parts have been stolen from around the region. By now they must have accumulated quite the stockpile. I can only hope that our supplies are still in one piece."

She frowned and touched her clipboard to her chin. Thinking out loud,

"Master Stern also tracked a stray land speeder into a small region of the mountains nearby. So he was gathering a search party together so we could ferret out where the speeder has gone off to. ...I can only hope the two plots are connected somehow."

Karen noticed the troopers nearby as well. They where from the Seraph Initiative. Afterall, Tython was a Jedi Administrated Planet. Only the Order had any business being here. However, The Republic saw fit to bridge the gap between Jedi and Senate. Providing aid and support where needed as the Jedi rebuilt the entire planet from scratch. In return, the Jedi trained combat alongside the Republic Troopers codenamed 'Seraphs'. This small compromise was being called The Seraph Initiative. And while only in it's infancy? Already it appeared to be drawing big names from the Army.

Karen herself believed that Tython belonged to the Jedi completely. But politics were politics. So, she would cooperate with the Senate just as Master Watts expected her too. Even if that meant having Republic Troopers among the colonists and builders.

"Lightsaber parts, you say? Perhaps rogue Jedi?" He raised a hand to his chin. Maybe a few Padawans thought they were ready to weild lightsabers before they were. No matter the reason, stolen lightsaber parts wasn't a good thing.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"I couldn't say."

She shrugged. Karen was more agitated that her power cells were missing. It meant she couldn't continue on with her repairs until their investigation had come to a close. It could be thieves or a simple misunderstanding. She was still giving more thought to her daily affairs though. Always so busy.

"Anyway. Give me a moment and to grab some signal finders from the shed. We'll need something to track the signal with. ...Though. If it is just going to be me and you? This might take awhile."

She shrugged and stood up to get a different datapad from the shed.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen paused for a moment,

"Ya know. This might take just a second. Why don't you approach those soldiers over there and see if they need help with anything. I'll be right back."

The Jedi Knight smiled and began to search through her shed for just the right item.

"Well. It's peaceful enough around here and I don't have to worry about a whole battalion."" Davin said with a chuckle as he finished working on his rifle and armor.

He stretched a little as he looked up past the treetops at the blue clouds. Such a nice little world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom