Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Trophy Hunting | Lothal

6d5c550cd7e79935937eea6390ab5e8a.jpg

Tag:
Open

R6Vpl0i.png
Lothal was a world the golden giant had never been to before. From what he’d seen so far it was nice. Legend has that the people here once gave the Old Empire a real kick in the ass. Something that’d certainly gain his respect, even if it’s been many centuries since. But Diodoros wasn’t on safari just to admire its rustic charm. He came because he’d heard tales of dangerous beasts within its wilds.

He was here for fun and recreation. Renting himself a speeder truck to haul the gear he took with him. Likely over packing, but he didn’t want to leave this world without a new trophy for himself back home. He could think of nothing more fitting for his estate back on Nal Hutta than a genuine Loth-Wolf to be the newest addition to decorate his home with. There was also that upstart Empire close by as well. Diodoros wouldn’t mind taking out a few “goosteppers” if he ever crossed paths with any.

Currently it had been a few days since Diodoros had come here. Mostly moving in and around the small settlement of Jhothal. Unfortunately for him the locals here didn’t seem to know all that much more about the elusive canine beasts. But history tells that they were a pretty big problem for early colonists and settlers to the planet. Now even seeing one was a rare occurrence. But that rarity just served to make them more coveted for Diodoros. Maybe all that would be left for him to find are bones. Perhaps he’ll find the last of the species and cause its extinction. Which to him would be quite the achievement.

Diodoros sat in the old cantina within Jhothal. Leaning back and looking over a holographic map of the surrounding region. Trying to narrow down his search. Fearing that he might need to venture up into higher ground and the mountains. As he studied the map smoke billowed from his mouth as he puffed on a large cirgarra.

Untitled920_20231011091927.png
Objective: Capture a Loth Wolf - Alive
Tags: Diodoros Diodoros
Gear: in bio

Wearing: this but with her hat

Untitled938_20231026121044.png
The world between worlds... that's what she had read it was called. A strange dimension between the different planes of existence connecting the entire universe. It seemed frankly baffling to her, but the description matched the place she had encountered when she saw the red woman. She hadn't yet worked out how to enter thar realm and stay in it, but she felt herself traverse it, albiet for a fraction of a second every time she used her portal.

She had learned that the wolves of a certain backwater planet had a special affinity for the realm and its portals, so here she was. She paid the docking and refueling fees for La Madame and went to find herself a hunter. She needed a Loth Wolf, and she needed one alive. She could try and negotiate with one, but they were notoriously stubborn and proffered to work with lightsiders so taking one from the planet for more coercive discussion may be her only option.

Into the bar she strolled looking around her. She could feel the various parties observing her, some wanted to mug her, others wanted the outsider to kark off, one man... "Try it and you'll regret it." she said as she walked past the man towards someone who hadn't reacted to her at all, but strangely the one person she recognised in here. " Diodoros Diodoros , right?" she asked "How you been? What brings you out this way?" she continued as she signaled the barman over.

"what'll it be? And if its hol, I'm gonna have to card you."

"Just a water please, and some information. I'm hunting wolves, big scary force sensitive ones, anyone around her into that kind of game?"

"I'll ask around, and I'll get your water, one of our pricier drinks surprisingly." he winked.

And Annika turned back to Diodoros.

Tag: Annika Starfire Annika Starfire

R6Vpl0i.png
Hearing someone address him he cocked a brow and looked over. Noticing a face he’d seen before, recognizing the teens distinct purple hair. As she asked what brought him out here he pulled the cigarra out of his mouth before she mentioned what she was here for to the barman. “I’ve been fine myself. Still getting my bearings with my new occuppation. It seems that coincidently we’re here for similar reasons. I’m here for a hunting trip as well.”

“Look to slay one of the fabled loth-wolves here for myself.”
For Diodoros the knowledge that they were supposedly Force Sensitive was a big bonus. He enjoyed fighting dangerous beasts and individuals. There wasn’t much respect about someone getting their hand held out on safari and killing a beast that was none the wiser that it was even being hunted. He adored the challenge, especially if they would fight back or were exceedingly tricky to catch or slay.

“What does a young girl like you want with them? You don’t strike me as the hunting type.” Diodoros asked before bringing the thick cigarra back between his teeth. Letting the herbal, earthy smoke fill his mouth once more. "I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that it's for reasons more... mystical."

The man caught her attention quickly, the barman might just be about to lose his commission on that water. "Now that is very interesting indeed." she smiled and swirled on her hip to look at him.

"So, you're in the right ballpark on the mystical stuff. As you probably know, a lot of the animals here are tied to the force, its why it's considered one of the nexus points. Well... those wolves have some knowledge that I would quite like to extract from them." she wouldn't go into too much detail, he was big, tough and pretty, he didn't need to be an intellectual too. It sounded like he was up for a fight, Annika needed one alive, but what happened to it after she had her information was none of her concern.

"Think you could take on alive?" she asked, a tougher challenge perhaps, but the man seemed the type who wanted people to know he got things done on hard mode. "I want to talk to one, in my ship, just for a few days." she began to walk her fingers up his forearm in a way which might just as easily be taken for impish, or seductive, depending on what he preferred. She was zeltron and she was quickly becoming an accomplished manipulator. But at least in this instance she felt she was trying to sell a challenge that was already something he would enjoy.

"Once I am done, you can have your trophy, I hear the pelts make fine clothes. I can cover any additional costs a change in tactic might entail." she was a five foot, 50kg teenage girl, it was absolutely believable that she came here with the plan to hire someone to do the dirty work for her.

R6Vpl0i.png
“Oh really, I didn’t really know that about the other creatures here…” Diodoros replied, not knowing that Loth-Wolfs weren’t the only things here connected to The Force. Highlighting his more of his general cluelessness, even for activities and subject matter he was passionate about such as hunting.

“Alive you say?” He asked, his voice sounded a bit harsh like he was speaking through gritted teeth while he smoked the cigarra. The golden statue of a man thought for a moment. He hadn’t prepared on trapping one of the creatures and doing where it was alive would offer its own unique challenges. His thought process being slightly interrupted as she walked her fingers along his arm. Causing the brute to raise a brow some as he glanced at her, clearly a little confused.

The added challenge was certainly an interesting point but the promise of covering some of the costs also sold him on the idea. “Well I guess that does sound fair enough Miss… Annika was it?” He said, trying to recall his name while pulling his cigarra from his mouth once more. Diodoros then looked back to the holographic map he was looking over before she arrived. “Well luckly for you I’m already getting to narrow down my search. If there’s any Loth-Wolves in this region, they’ll be here.” He explained, pointing to an area on the map with his lit cigarra. A prairie that hugged a mountain range. He worried some that he might be too late to get any before they might’ve migrated out of the region or into the mountains.

"Well that sounds perfect then doesn't it, seems like I found the right man for the job." she looked at the map and traced her finger along the road that led a little way to a small outpost and then ended at the plains. "Oh, in case you were worried, I've increased my own power somewhat since we last met, I can't do this alone, but you aren't doing it alone either." she smiled and looked at his cigar for a moment.

"BARMAN! Two of your best cigars please, the sort they tell everyone was rolled on the thighs of twi'lek girls" she laughed and two cigars were slid across the bar for her to pay for. She picked one up and sniffed along it. She wasn't entirely sure what she was looking for, but this is what everyone did on the holo when they were handed a fine cigar. She slid one over to Diodoros Diodoros . "For when we capture the prize yeah." she slid hers into her thigh pocket. She smoked occasionally and had shared a cigar with her dad a couple of time on family celebrations, it seemed fun.

"Lead on then handsome? Let me know what extra supplied you need and I will have them brought to your hunting speeder." she adjusted her hat and moved to leave the bar.

R6Vpl0i.png
“Well that sounds good. It’s always good to get stronger and more capable at achieving your goals.” Diodoros remarked somewhat encouragingly. Being someone who could admire strength in many forms. Although he looked over her, she didn’t look any more powerful than when he first saw her. It didn’t register in his mind that she was likely referring to her use of The Force.

He also watched as she handled the cigar. Chuckling some at how she handled it once it was in her hands. Once she handed one to him he looked it over before storing on himself. “Sounds like a good plan.” He watched as she got up from her seat. His face grew a wide and confident grin as she called him handsome.

“Hmm… well I doubt trapping it would work. I suspect these magic wolves are too smart to get lured into a cage. I believe we’d need bolas, lots of em’. Likely the magnetic kind. Also I’ll need to change my slug thrower to some sort of tranquilizer. Maybe even a snare rifle.” Diodoros suggested, as he thought about it outloud. Following the comparatively diminutive apprentice out of the establishment.

"Works for me..." she said playfully as they left the bar and headed to a nearby provisioners. Hunting was a popular past time on Lolthal so obtaining the needed supplies would not prove much of an obstacle and, as promised Annika made sure to covet the trophy hunter's additional costs. She looked at the magnetic Bolas and spun them round as they prepared in the street. They were heavier than they looked and as she span them whisps of purple smoke licked off of them. "These should do right? I've not used these before but they feel a lot like fire poi's that some of my crowd like to use on the beach."

She looked at the bigger man as ge prepared himself for their mission too, she was excited, nervous, but excited. She didn't have to guard her emotions here so Diodoros would probably right now be sensing her scent and the pheremones that indicated her elevated mood.

"Who is driving? I'm told I'm a bit terrifying behind the wheel." she laughed.

[/QUOTE]

R6Vpl0i.png
As Diodoros gathered up his belongings he listened to Annika and looked down at her. “Yeah they should work, that’s why I want multiple tools to use. In case one of them doesn’t work, then the others might. Of course if all else fails I can just wrestle em’ down.” The golden man said confidently. Suggesting that he could wrangle a giant canine bare handed. He could sense the elevated mood from the sithling but couldn’t recognize why, as he couldn’t tell that she was part zeltron.

Most of the new equipment he got for this little mission she carried in a large, heavy, over stuffed duffle bag. His body was casually able to lift it like it was nothing. Hearing the mention that Annika wasn’t a very good driver Diodoros laughed some as well. “You know people have said the same thing about me too.” He was always a poor pilot and often had a specialized droid model on his ships to do it for him. “But I’ll drive since I got the speeder truck for myself.”

After a few moments of packing things up the two had set out into the savannah into the direction that Diodoros suspected that he might find some loth-wolves. True to his word he was a lousy driver. Even with a repulsor craft he somehow managed to make the ride very bumpy and rough. Never really bothering to avoid potential hazards.

Annika giggled as the repulsor bounced her up and down in her seat and she struggled to take a cute selfie of the two of them. "Oh wow, you weren't lying" she slipped it away and pulled put a set of macrobinoculars to look for their quarry, as if gigantic wolves would just be chilling out waiting for them to capture them. She could feel a sensation that they were being watched, but with the amount of sapient wildlife on this planet it could be anything.

"Over that way..." she said as she saw what looked like a large carcass in a small clearing by a copse of trees. It wasn't much, but it was a clue, it looked about bantha sized and it was mostly stripped but still had chunks of flesh on it, leading Annika to assume it hadn't been long since it had been fed on. Seemed like a perfect dining spot for a wolf or some other some large predator. The copse of trees looked fairly dense so they would need to park up and approach on foot, but be wary of the eyes that might be upon them.

R6Vpl0i.png
If Diodoros was this bad at driving, it would probably be a terrifying sight to see him behind the controls of a ship. Even a tiny snubfighter. He flashed her a curious look once she pointed out something to him and brought them over to what she saw. Part of him was hopeful that with her mystical powers she might’ve just found one way easier than he could’ve.

But instead they came across a large corpse of some animal carrion instead. Once at the copse Diodoros exited the vehicle to more closely look over it. There was flys and similar insect scavengers already starting to pick apart what remained. But it had clearly been a recent kill and feast to him. “Probably some kind of nerf, a big one though. It could’ve been a pack. Since I find it hard to believe that even a hungry loth-wolf could eat that much.” Diodoros pondered out loud. Showing hints of his intelligence and reasoning skills. Seemingly having some measure of intellect for his passions such as hunting.

The only other thing he could think of that was native to this world was a dianoga, but there were no apparent bodies of water for one to make a habitat out of.

At least they had survived the journey intact.

"A pack? Well thats not entirely concerning or anything" she laughed at the man's comment, one giant wolf seems frightening enough, a whole pack?

Annika could feel something in the air, emotions... curiosity... fear perhaps? The teen looked towards the copse of trees nearby, to her untrained eyes it just looked like a homogenous wall of trees, but a more knowledgeable individual might see signs of nesting and a pathway into the copse. "There is something in there, it's watching us, I can feel its emotions in the force." she wished she could give more information but her senses were still growing. She could however try to stoke the curiosity of the creature into showing itself, but if it was force sensitive, it was likely capable of resisting her playful encouragement.

R6Vpl0i.png
“Well it’s really just an idea to be honest. They are wolves after all, and wolves are known for their pack mentality.” Diodoros explained his reasoning for why he suspected there could be a pack of them. But his blue eyes widened some as Annika said that she sensed something else close by.

She could sense its emotions too? The idea made Diodoros wonder if it could be a Loth-Wolf, if they were finally in the presence of one. However, the golden man also thought about whether she could sense his emotions as well. Did all Force Adepts have that ability? He felt a tad uncomfortable over the idea that a Sith or Jedi could read his mind and mental state, something he hadn’t given much thought to until now.

Hey weren’t very far from where it was. Diodoros turned his back to where it was and faced Annika. “Well then I should probably ready my-” The Golden man didn’t quite get to finish his sentence. Like the Sithling he was with, it could also sense their emotions as well, and picked up the hunter’s sudden internal aggression.

In an instant a giant canine rushed from the concealment of the copse towards the large man. Who still had his back turned. It was a Loth-Wolf, what he’d been looking for, and now that he had his guard down it went straight for Diodoros. As he turned to face the beast it was already attacking. It had a large snout biting down on to the side of his torso. It was all very sudden, as it made a move to preemptively attack and strike down the large golden man. With him in it’s jaws, it violently thrashed him around before chucking Diodoros away to fall harshly into the ground.

Only then did the large Loth-Wolf look back at Annika, growling at her. It seemed a bit more hesitant to strike her, since it could tell she was Force Sensitive as well.

9bUzLze.png
0SuWIN0.png

The wolf was bigger than she had even imagined, there were wolves in Zeltros, but nothing of this size. It covered the distance to her ally very quickly and took a bite at the man. It was strong too, she dreaded to think what it might do to her with its fanged maw. But she needed to act to buy time for the temporarily downed hunter.

Reaching into the force she felt its anger and its hesitation to approach her, quite interesting really. Probably a dozen times her weight and capable of ripping her in half like a piece for mear, and yet it seemed reluctant. It looked back at Diodoros Diodoros ready to pounce back on him when his ears started to twitch.

Annika amplifies its aggression towards her, trying to push it past the point where his hesitation stopped him form attacking. He snapped his neck back away from the golden warrior and snarled at the sorceress who gave a raised eyebrow. She was having manage her own fear, even while stroking the emotions of the monster in front of her. It charged her, snarling as it did. At the last possible second, hoping to buy as much time for Diodoros as possible, she waved both of her hands though the air and a wave of telekinetic energy slammed into the side of the creature causing it to beer off course and miss her, taken barrelling onwards and off of its feet by its own momentum. She spun on her feet and began moving her hands allowing purple mists to form around her to make herself look more intimidating. She had to carefully manage its fight and flight reflex,one wrong move and she she could get its fear too high and it would be off for the hills.

"You alright big D?"

0SuWIN0.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom