Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Triumph of the Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Admiralty
Codex Judge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNDIEBM3Y8s​

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a command ship for Kazmai.
  • Image Source: Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • Canon Link: /
  • Restricted Missions: /
  • Primary Source: /
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Sith Empire.
  • Designer: Assistance from Cogmind.
  • Model: Triumph of the Sun.
  • Affiliation: The Sith Empire
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Matrix armor, glasteel, alusteel.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Command ship
  • Length: 2000 meters.
  • Width: 5000 meters
  • Height: 2000 meters.
  • Armament: High
  • Defenses: High
  • Hangar: Extreme: 42
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
  • Speed Rating: Very Low
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average: 1
STANDARD FEATURES
Has the common features a command ship this size needs to function properly, such as:
  • Communication Systems:
    Communication Wave De-scrambler
  • Encryption Module
  • Frequency Jammer
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Hyperwave Transceiver
  • Ranger Transceiver
  • Subspace Transceiver

[*]Environmental Systems:
  • Artificial Gravity
  • Brig
  • Distress Beacon
  • Escape Pods
  • Environmental Converter
  • Inertial Damper
  • Infantry Barracks
  • Life Support
  • Medical Bay
  • Navigation System
  • Ray Shields

[*]Propulsion Systems:
  • Hyperdrive
  • Ion Drives
  • Maneuvering Jets

[*]Sensor and Targeting Systems:
  • Anti-ion Emission Tracer
  • Aural Sensor
  • Com-scan
  • Comm laser
  • Hyperwave Signal Interceptor
  • Life Form Indicator
  • Long-range Sensor
  • Sensor Dampener
  • Targeting Laser
  • Targeting Sensor
  • Tri-Tracker
  • Wide-range Sensor

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Rotational axis. Rather than having fixed weapon emplacements and hangar bay entrances, the external hull is capable of slowly rotating around its own axis allowing for full coverage and increased efficiency. Instead of having to turn its massive frame around, portions of the hull can simply rotate into place and return fire or dispense fighters while the ship itself maintains its direction.
  • Reinforced superstructure. The most important junctions and portions of the superstructure and hull have been treated with alchemical properties. They are highly resistant against damage and give the Triumph additional security in the event of battle.
  • Legions of the Sun. The Triumph is a carrier first and foremost. Its hangars have an extreme amount of space and allow for the transportation of invading forces, troop transports, combat vehicles and the sort.
tumblr_njhfselSfd1r9yp9ro1_r1_500.gif
Strengths:
  • Expansive hangars: Capable of holding numerous squadrons, transport ships, combat vehicles and invading forces to assault even a fortress world. It can't conquer one on its own, but it can pose a serious threat and establish a beachhead for other forces to move in.
  • Fortress Own: Strong defenses and armament, it can take a punch and throw one out as well if necessary. Its rotational design acquired from Cogmind allows it to return fire and dispense ships in a far more efficient way.
Weaknesses:
  • Bantha: Better hope that the hyperjump brought it exactly where it needs to be, because it will take the Triumph a lot of time to get to its destination otherwise.
  • Momentum: Its maneuverability is far lower than that of ships its own size. It can't really dodge or maneuver and needs to simply take every punch it receives.
  • Wall: While many ships have employed the standard ISD design of a 'triangle' shape to minimize the coverage space enemy ships can target, while maximizing their own weapon solution coverage the Triumph... threw all that out of the window. It is a literal wall in space and that makes it a large target for enemy ships, who can usually just fire at will.
Description: It was decided early on that Kazmai, Lord of the Sith and worshiper of the Sun Goddess, needed a command ship of his own. Whilst the ape had little experience in designing ships himself, there were certain things he'd like it to have and the Imperial Engineers were only happy to accommodate the desires of a Sith that could literally rip their heads off with a shrug if they displeased him.

Its main focus is dispensing thousands of starfighters, troop transports and support vehicles to wage war against well-defended systems. Kazmai was pleased and once he realized they had included something ingenious in its design to minimize threats that could pop-up? He was positively grinning. The rotational axis points allows the Triumph to be effective even when surprise micro-jumps suddenly make more fleets appear from angles it does not have traditional coverage. By rotating parts of the external hull, the weapon emplacements and hangar bays can still be effective in battle.

Together with very resistant materials that up its defenses and powerful weaponry the Triumph is exactly what the Sith Lord needed it to be.

A flagship worthy of his stature and a tool he can use to gain further glory in the name of the Sun.

With every strength comes a trade-off, of course. Its sheer size and prowess forced the engineers to compensate somewhere and that happened to be at the logical conclusion. It is a really slow flagship, forcing them to use the hyperdrive more often than not. Because even short jaunts between systems would otherwise take a long time. Even traversing towards their destination within the system takes times.

That combined with its unorthodox shape makes it a large, slow-moving target for enemy forces.

Kazmai said:
Has all the features a command ship this size needs to function properly among them:
I'm wary when I see blanket statements like "all features" because I can see someone potentially using it to justify in a roleplay an unlisted feature that could be potentially balance altering. This is not to say that I think you will do that, but as a matter of principle, I'd like to see the reference to "all" removed from this sentence. I think something like "Has the common features a command ship..." would work well here.

Kazmai said:
The most important junctions and portions of the superstructure and hull have been treated with alchemical properties. They are highly resistant against damage and give the Triumph additional security in the event of battle.

Tell me a little bit more about the specifics of this alchemy, especially since it's a bit more unusual feature that doesn't have a commonly understood standard of its capabilities.

Kazmai said:
Expansive hangars: Capable of holding numerous squadrons, transport ships, combat vehicles and invading forces to assault even a fortress world.
I may be taking this too literally, but is this saying that the entire ship has enough troops and vehicles to conquer an entire fortress world?

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Gir Quee said:
I'm wary when I see blanket statements like "all features" because I can see someone potentially using it to justify in a roleplay an unlisted feature that could be potentially balance altering. This is not to say that I think you will do that, but as a matter of principle, I'd like to see the reference to "all" removed from this sentence. I think something like "Has the common features a command ship..." would work well here.
That's a valid concern and I tweaked the sentence.

Has the common features a command ship this size needs to function properly, such as:

Gir Quee said:
Tell me a little bit more about the specifics of this alchemy, especially since it's a bit more unusual feature that doesn't have a commonly understood standard of its capabilities.
Alchemy is honestly a pretty ambiguous piece of canon and doesn't really often go into details how it works. But basically most artifacts forged/alchemized through the Darkside are highly resistant or even indestructible through normal means. This is basically similar to what I have done here, but on a lesser scale because alchemizing the hull of an entire flagship is a bit out of Kazmai's scope. Hence why the defense field is High rather than Extreme.

Gir Quee said:
I may be taking this too literally, but is this saying that the entire ship has enough troops and vehicles to conquer an entire fortress world?
I can see how it might be read as such, so I added a bit of clarification to clear that up.

It can't conquer one on its own, but it can pose a serious threat and establish a beachhead for other forces to move in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom