Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triskelion

Status
Not open for further replies.
3l80mE3.jpg

Intent: As a blunt weapon and means of personal protection.
Development Thread: (If necessary)
Manufacturer: Thresco Jorr
Model: Tyatr'Aran (dubbed "Triskelion")
Affiliation: Personal
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material:
- Carbonized Mandalorian Iron Core
- Ultrachrome Exterior
- Folded Beskar Extending Section
Classification: Shield
Size: One-Handed
Length & Width: 30 Centimeters (Max 40)
Thickness: 4 Centimeters
Weight: 6 Kilograms
Quality: 8
Special Features:
- Laser Deflecting
- Projectile Deflecting
- Lightsaber Resistant
- Reflective Surface
- Retracting Edge

Strengths: The reflective and slightly curved surface of the shield was made to deflect hard projectiles and laser projectiles, as well as being able to take hits from a lightsaber due to the alloy it was made up of. The carbonized shield core makes it surprisingly light for a shield of its size, making it less tricky to wield in battle. The exterior of the shield is covered in an ultrachrome layer, allowing it to deflect laser fire. The extending portion of the shield is made out of folded beskar, allowing it to pack quite some blunt force when used for offensive purposes.
Weaknesses: Being a large round disc-shaped shield, it can be surprisingly tricky to maneuver properly in smaller spaces, meaning it will take getting used to and training before it can be used properly. Aside from being six kilograms of extra weight attached to one arm, the added size can also make it easier for an enemy to grab a hold of it and use it to create an opening in battle.

Description: The Triskelion Shield was made for the sole purpose of deflecting laser and projectile fire, being resistant to lightsaber attacks and acting as a blunt weapon capable of bashing in a human skull with relative ease. Made with a special clamp that attaches quickly to the back of his jetpack, as well as the back of his arm-guards. Due to the fact that it can rapidly be attached and detached with the magnetic clamp (controlled by Thresco's HUD), it can be used to hide from enemy fire and to shatter rock and bone alike with a powerful backhanded strike from the shield. The way the shield was designed, it has a fairly reflective surface and can deflect both hard projectiles and laser type weapons. While not flat out stopping them in their tracks, the somewhat curved surface catches the shot and sends them to the side, thus sending them away from Thresco himself. When in need of it, the Shield can be activated by the HUD, causing another thinner section of the shield to slip out of the shield itself. This silver grey portion of the shield has a sharp edges that can deal a great deal of damage when paired with plenty of blunt force.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Thresco said:
Development Thread: (If necessary)

Thresco said:
- Carbonized Mandalorian Iron Core - Folded Mandalorian Iron Exterior
Since it's mandalorian iron, it'll need a 10 post development thread that obtains the material.

I'd probably consider this to be a type of armor. With that, give it a "Quality" rating, and list it just under the "weight" heading. Given that this is made out of beskar, I'd probably make this somewhere between a 6-8 given its weight.

Thresco said:
- Laser Deflecting - Projectile Deflecting

Neither of these are properties of beskar, though I could potentially see this as being potentially capable of deflecting projectiles at the low angles as you've described. I might suggest looking at ultrachrome, which is known for deflecting projectiles and blaster fire. It is also a restricted material, and will require the right type of development thread to acquire it.

Alternatively, you might consider looking at adding another material to this (perhaps a type of overlay) to get the laser/blaster deflection property.

Added the Ultrachrome exterior to the list.

Added the Quality rating of 8.

Also, since I am a Mandalorian and have done a thread for the obtaining of Beskar here: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/88494-a-thief-a-smuggler-and-a-hive-what-could-go-wrong/I was told that I would not need to make one again (Something about a Mandalorian privilege).

In addition to that, I wanted to ask where and how one would gain access to Ultrachrome as there does not seem to be a list on the Wookiepedia page as to where it is mined. Does that mean a thread such as that can potentially be done on any planet (primarily those with ties to starship construction as it is usually utilized in startship armor?).

While on the subject, how does one go about obtaining Taozin Nodules? Does that have to be done on the jungle moon of Va'art?

Thresco said:
Also, since I am a Mandalorian and have done a thread for the obtaining of Beskar here: http://starwarsrp.ne...could-go-wrong/Iwas told that I would not need to make one again (Something about a Mandalorian privilege).

There is some leeway with restricted materials and their development threads. Typically a 10 post thread will get you one or two average-sized items made out of that material (for example, a suit of armor and a shield). In this case, however, that thread has already been counted towards a rather large starship (in terms of restricted material use). Larger things typically require more development to get, whereas it might be reasonable to get several smaller items (like a pendant or ring) out of the same amount of development.

This shield will need another development thread, though it may be possible to use it again to get another personal-sized item.

As a sidenote, longer threads can often also be used to get more items made out of restricted materials, if you would prefer to run a longer story thread.

Thresco said:
In addition to that, I wanted to ask where and how one would gain access to Ultrachrome as there does not seem to be a list on the Wookiepedia page as to where it is mined. Does that mean a thread such as that can potentially be done on any planet (primarily those with ties to starship construction as it is usually utilized in startship armor?).
You can find all information on which materials which need a development thread and what that development thread is here. Here's the requirements for the ultrachrome development thread:

Ultrachrome (( Objective : With three or more other characters your character is familiar with, complete a story about how you met in the distant past –OR— with two or more characters your character is not familiar with, become trapped in hostile territory and escape. ))

Thresco said:
While on the subject, how does one go about obtaining Taozin Nodules? Does that have to be done on the jungle moon of Va'art?
As far as I know, Taozin nodules are not a restricted item. There is no specific set of requirements that you would need to fulfill to get them. However, depending on what you're going to do them, they may need a generic, 10 post development thread. But as long as the thread is closely related to the item or Taozin modules, there is a lot of freedom that you can do with the plot.

[member=Thresco] [member=Gir Quee]
I am archiving this until the development thread is completed. Please pm myself or another Role-play Judge or Administrator to have this pulled back out when you're ready to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom