Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Trip to the Market

Kuzon Lu’ten

K
DlRUVrY_d.webp

Old Galactic Market, Coruscant

Sitting at a sizable table at a food park Kuzon sighed glancing around while leaning back with arms folded together. Instead of his usual Jedi grab the Bothan instead wore a brown hoodie and tannish pants with brown reddish boots. Around him were several other padawans but all nearly younger than him. They were in the middle of eating lunch as they chatted and laughed amongst themselves.

Kuzon turned away, not really feeling the mood to talk. Instead his eyes came upon a silver tinted protocol droid meters away walking out of the park. Next was a Bith couple with each parent holding the hand of their excited son as they headed toward a food stand. The sight gave him his full attention especially with the little boy practically jumping up and down with delight. No doubt his parents were going to get him something delicious.

The young Jedi allowed himself a smile. Such a scene reminded Kuzon how precious and joyous life can be. The smile faded somewhat when a familiar grief tucked at his heart causing him to involuntarily squeeze his arms. Returning his gaze to the table Kuzon sighed heavily.

I'm a Jedi. I need to be better than this.

Subsequently his commlink beeped inside the left pocket Kuzon pulled it out and answered.

"Yes?"

"Kuzon, it's me, Master Ria. I'm going to be delayed a little longer. My contact hasn't shown up yet. Make sure everyone stays together."

"Understood master."

"Thank you again for volunteering to help. I know you're not familiar with these streets but you're more than capable of providing protection and an example to the younger padawans. I'll be there soon and we can resume the field trip for them."

"Of course master. See you soon." Kuzon answered before turning off the commlink. He felt a little better than before.

Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

Last edited by a moderator:

DlRUVrY_d.webp

Tags: Kuzon Lu’ten

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

Jalen had his hood pulled up as he sat alone with his hood pulled up, watching over the rest of the group. He was deemed old enough to help keep the younger students safe. Perhaps it was how well he had composed himself back on Batuu, or maybe he had just gotten old enough to. Whatever the case, here he was. The trip seemed strange, to say the least. Letting a bunch of young padawans run around the Old Galactic Market? It seemed unwise. Even now, Jalen could feel the students scattering about with great excitement. Jalen was familiar with Coruscant. Very much so. That's what scared him. It was far more dangerous than people ever stopped to think about, so he was on edge.

Not that he showed it, of course. Jalen simply sat on the bench with his arms crossed, hood casting a shadow over his sightless eyes. A pang of jealousy ran through him as he watched children run off to various booths with their families. Jasper had no money to spend, which was by no means his fault, so they never did anything like that. Everything from before the temple was a different story. His normal life was no longer so for a reason. Again the flames began to tug at his mind, beginning to drag him back, but Jalen's resolve pushed them back.

He really should try to lighten up. The thought lingered in his head for a moment, but he ultimately remained on the bench.

Kuzon Lu’ten

K
DlRUVrY_d.webp

Deciding that he sat down long enough Kuzon stood to his feet. He needed to make sure the others stayed close and checked in with the second chauffeur. Feeling somewhat uneasy he glanced back and forth during the middle of the walk. Protection detail or playing nurse droid wasn't exactly a new experience for him but not in this kind of environment.

Above, a lighted sign from an appliance store flickered, causing Kuzon to pause and nearly reach for his hidden lightsaber before calming down.

It's just the lights. Nothing more, nothing less.

Even so, the Bothan's wary expression before resuming on his course. Soon spotting Jalen at the bench he approached from the side. Until this trip Kuzon hadn't met the blind student but so far he came across as quiet and serious despite his age. Clearing his throat Kuzon spoke to him while keeping an eye on a trio of younger Jedi heading over to a vending machine.

"Master Ria just called. She's going to be delayed for a little bit longer but wants us to keep the group together. Anything happened that I should know about Padawan Kai'el?"

Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

DlRUVrY_d.webp

Tags: Kuzon Lu’ten

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

"Master Ria just called. She's going to be delayed for a little bit longer but wants us to keep the group together. Anything happened that I should know about Padawan Kai'el?"

"Huh?"

Jalen shook out of his daze. He was too fixated on everyone else that he had ignored his immediate surroundings. The other chaperone padawan was addressing him, a Bothan who felt to be older than him by a bit. He had felt the padawan in passing before, but never had they spoken. Kuzon was his name, right?

"N-nothing, it's been fine," Jalen assured. "They all feel fine..."

But something was off. A faint cloud that seemed to loom around them, one which he couldn't exactly explain. Was it a threat? A manifestation of his own fear? It was hard to say, but it was quiet and near unperceivable, so perhaps it was simply a fever beginning to set it.

He preferred that option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom