Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tricks of the Trade

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"]

"Good to hear it." Jaster said.

He was feeling the risk that would happen with his investment in pirates to other allies. It could end in disaster if things would go wrong. He took the risk though, it was needed for him to keep with the upkeep of ships and supplies that they were to fill out for the other factions. The push for progress was on its way as he hired his first black groups.

Jaster continued to monitor the situration with the station as it was to be retrofitted with new weapons and other supplies for the factory.

The station was a mess, Jaster would have to tour the whole place to check for minor defects. Although his new manager would have to rebuild it all, Jaster had to finance it. Of course he couldn't make it perfect, it was to be a pirates hide out with secreat facility's after all. The engeneers had there work cut out for them.

First the hanger bay had to be reconstructed to fit large frigates as well as cruisers. This was meant for his ships to dock and trade along with other mining vessels in the area.

Second would be the Defence cannons, mostly just relics with cob webs, easy work for even a novic machanic.

Then final was the conversion of the 4th and 5th barracks into his factory, capable of building medical droids.

This would be a long 5 days with the men he had.

The station didn't look nearly as finished, as Janus had originally been lead to believe. Accompanied onboard with a pair of droids at his side making some light noises to indicate their status; he was fortunate that both of the two droids had been completely memory wiped and freshened up before this. They would have been unbearably annoying otherwise.

The two mechanicals that accompanied the Twi'lek professional were a box power droid and a dome-shaped LIN demolition unit with a wrench-like hand that was ideal for the type of work that he planned to do here.

With the characteristic leg-pumping action of his box power unit coming to a full stop, Janus tilted his head gently and stopped in his own right. "I believe that you had asked for my services here. I am Janus Viminal, and it is an honor to make your acquaintance."

He reached out hands that terminated in long fingernails and made a polite bow before standing straight up again. "Where did you need me to start? I would be honored to serve you in whatever capacity I could."

His mechanical skills were sharpened by his previous career, and he hoped that this would soon be obvious to [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"].

Lights flickered, casting a crepuscular glow within the confines of the screen and neighbouring dashboard, a sequence of numbers flash by in florescent green, the holocron activates, the sound of wrapping and tapping can be heard on a grated floor, stepping into the view of the holocron it began to take shape a slender cylindrical mass of durasteel and the odd wire. A mask in the shape of the Jackals insignia could be seen, its hands crunching together into fist with a metallic 'pop'.

"Greetings Admiral." his voice coarse like fragmented rock in hessian sack, moving and grinding against each other, somehow its complexity could raise veins and rattle bones, crawling under the skin like a Womp rat in the sand.

[member="Jaster of clan Awaud"]​

[member="Janus Viminal"]

Jaster turned to great the new engineer. Jaster was short on time, so he decided to invest in future talent, as always. The women had a nice record and previous work exsperiance, that's what he needed.

"Hello Miss Viminal," Jaster said with a nod of his head, "The station is to be kept in chit condition, all we need help with are these prodjects," Jaster handed her a data pad with the list of improvements needed, "I've brough 1000 workers and droids here to assist you in your reconstruction, whatever I need please don't delay to ask."

Jaster turned back to his table computer, then he remembered something, "I almost forgot, apon completion you will be payed 30,000 credits for working, and apon signing the nine disclosure contract, another million to keep your lips from yapping to others, is that understood? Good."

Jaster was finished with the engineer when the metallic monster entered the room. This cough Jaster by surprise as he didn't know any cyborgs and having one at his secreat base was unsettling.

"Secu...." The Borg spoke, "Cancle last order." He said over the radio.

"Captain Mcnash?" Jaster questioned, "My agents told me you were injured, but what the kark did you do to yourself?"

Jaster was beond surprised it was employee to be turned into a cyborg.

"Four Jedi." he'd state the voice a machine, a soft, rhythmic clattering. "I was left little more than a slab of meat than, I didn't have much of a choice." The expansion and dexpatiation of the chest cavity would groan with a light 'squeak'. The pistons moving forward sending intricate components moving and tightening until reaching the hand unhinging the clamped fist. "With your permmision Admiral, we'll head out to open space with one of the Corvetts, and 'borrow' some materials from traders."

Jaster still in shock at his freshly made manager, quickly answered, "Of course, the cruiser and station are your to deal with as you please, be sure to make a note of supplies that need replacing or restocking, also one of my agents may be contacting you soon, she will be your handler from now on and I won't be visiting after construction is compleat."

This man was still as rushed and rash as he was before, then again that why Jaster hired him.

"My handler." He'd say incredulously, the durasteel plates whirled like an out of control octopus, hammering down on the black ribbon components like so much hail in a storm. There was a ding as each piston convulsed and he began to move towards [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"], each step was completed with a thud as the pronged toes slid across the floor. "Do I have the honour to know my handlers name, and when will he contact me?"

The pirate seemed irritated that he needed such a thing as a handler, truth be told, Jaster couldn't show his face next to a pirate any more then needed. The agent was to keep an eye on Mcnash and his crew along with making the pick up and money transfer not com back to Jaster.

"If you must know," Jaster leaned against the table, "my daughter, [member="Shakk Awaud"] will be the middle man in this exchange, she is a skilled spy and slicer, don't contact her unless it's absalutly needed, she will most likely already having her eye on you."

"As you will it Admiral." the hand would rotate on its core crossing his chest in an impossible angle for an organic, setting his pronged finger's where his heart should be. He'd lower himself in a bow although be it slight. "Has anything changed, just because I'm now handled doesn't mean I don't want to be up to date, have we had any reports of interest?"

"...Miss? Well, perhaps you are unused to seeing the manner of dress that Twi'lek subjects most enjoy, but I do assure you that I am indeed male." He allowed his claw-like fingernails to pull back his headdress a bit, which displayed ears. "Females of my species grow ear-cones, and not ears. That is how you tell us apart."

His accent was thick, but very easily understood. Janus spoke perfect Basic, in spite of the fact that Huttese was actually his native language. Having paused for a moment, he looked back toward [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] and shook his head gently, "I assure you, the payment and supplies are more than sufficient."

There was another pause before he continued to speak, "Out of curiosity, though, do you mind if I were to ask where it is that you would prefer me to start? Anywhere would be sufficient in that respect as well, I am sure."

With his power droid having again complained about something, he leaned down to strike the top of that box-like unit in a manner that seemed to indicate that he should have kept things down. Perhaps whatever it was that the droid said was unkind. Janus wasn't entirely sure, just yet, since he was still not used to droidspeak.

[member="Janus Viminal"]

Jaster realized his mistake, he was being delusional and the many months in space was getting to him. The men in the command room were loyal to him so they did not correct him as he spoke with the pirate, Jaster felt embarrassed for calling him a women.

"Please forgive my mistake, I was misinformed," Jaster looked at the sheet that showed the most needed functionality and would take the longest to repair, "it would seem the defiance system is a relic, the wires need replacing and the weapons themself will be replaced by the pirates, after that the hanger needs the most repairs and modifications for light frigates and transports, the final project can be the factory, though my teams have already constructed the equipment for it all, the barrackses need to be destroyed and new foundations and walling will need to be remade for soundproofing."

Jaster looked back up at the man, "Start with those in that order, any upgrades or materials will not be subtracted from your pay so please don't hold back."

Scene

The engines smouldering to life in a contained burst of energy, sparks dissipating in the vacuum of space, swathes of stainless steel, sleek black rods. And the glare of fluorescent tube lighting suspended from steel rafters, floor to ceiling the wall began to extend out and towards the the station docking with it.

Character
"We await my handler." the voice coarse and broken, the modulation and the discourse of air. Stepping out from a door way the cylindrical mass of durasteel and the odd wire. like molten lead, the shape shifted, sharp geometric angles. The 'squeak' and compression of his chest cavity letting a wheeze of air escape his upper abdomen. Awaiting [member="Shakk Awaud"] aboard the station.

Shakk didn't like having pirates working for her father, but he was smarter then anyone she knew, meaning there was a bigger plan. She walked aboard the station, though the brightly light hallways. Finally she reached the upper decks of the stations to meet Captian Mcnash.

"Hello there," she said in her most temptress voice, flattery wasn't goin to work on the Captian, though she enjoyed teasing the man, "my father is starting the construction, you now have full rain to construct what you will, only the main hanger and the factory are off limits to you and your men, all other levels and rooms are yours to design."

She handed him a datachip with the blue prints of the station, showing room for just about anything he may need to make a home base for he and his men. Also showing the way to the secreat hangerbay where his ship and fleet were to be kept from prying eyes.

"Very good Miss Awaud." The arm would straighten, the forearm bending the pronged finger's latching out to a coat, the cyborg would drape it around himself, the tasselled shoulder's would ruffle with the movement. "Has anything changed?" he'd begin to move down the corridor.

| [member="Shakk Awaud"] |​

Delusions as a result of spending a great deal of time in the hostile and novel environment of space were well known, so there was no way that the Twi'lek would have ever held that against [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"], though it's important to remember he would not have held a simple mistake against the other either.

"There is no problem. I appreciate how well planned this is. I have been on projects that are not so well thought out." Having taken the list to heart, he struck the flat top of his sturdy box droid and looked down to it, "Use your manipulator arm and go start on the wiring. It needs redoing."

Being a power droid Janus figured that electrical wiring would certainly have been well within its field of expertise so he set the other out on the task. His other droid accompanied him as he started to walk toward the weapon system access panels in order to take a look. He was going to have to take a good look at the equipment before he knew where to start with it.

Though he did consider himself as a professional who was in a class completely outside of the pirates, he had no difficulty working along side them considering who he worked with in the past.

[member="Janus Viminal"]

"I appreciate your help, this will be a project of large proportion, even I don't know where it will lead," Jaster walked into the hallways to tour his new starion, stopping to say some final words to the newly hired engineer, "but I know it will be great, and if you wish to be part of the greatness, stay on the payroll."

Jaster was once a lowly soldier, killing his only point of true understanding. Now, he was an admiral of medical transports during a war of distraction, he had little power, but that would change.

He walked tword the hallways to continue clearing his mind for the next line of plans.

"I appreciate your vote of confidence." Janus smiled a bit, which probably looked slightly unnerving considering his sharp Twi'lek teeth. Looking back toward [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] as he left, the newly hired individual started to turn back to his pair of droids.

Since he had been given a list, he planned to work on things in the order that it had specified. That meant that these weaponry systems and the resultant wiring were the most important.

Figuring that these two machines could very well hold their own, he started to work instead on some of the components that were a little more delicate. He wouldn't have at all trusted a droid to take on that sort of work independent of his watchful eyes.

If all went well, then he would have been able to do this without bothering Jaster too many times at all. That would have been nice. In his experience, employers tended to prefer not being interrupted by those in their employ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom