Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Trial Run

Adrian Valerius

A
Today had been a weird day for Adrian, as it more than usual. He was just minding his own business, reading a great book, yes a real paper book and not a holo-book. Nevertheless, he was enjoying himself, when suddenly a Jedi Padawan told him that the Jedi Council had been requesting his presence. Waving the small kid away, he continued reading his book, he had just gotten to the good part of the story and council be damned if he was dropping it now, for something that most likely wasn't very important.

After half an hour, his comm started to beep, with an alert for him to attend the meeting with the Council. Sighing, he looked back at his book, before placing a bookmark and then tugging the book into a satchel. Having the satchel strap over his left shoulder, he left the temple garden and headed for the council. It was rather comical how there were still people at the temple, who looked at how he wore as strange and unbecoming of a Jedi. Then again, Adrian didn't really notice the staring anymore and wore his fancy outfits whenever he felt like it and this day was no different.

The meeting had been a bit of a surprise, to say the lease. "Master Valerius, you have had the rank Master for quite some time, and yet, you haven't sought out a padawan" was the opening statement from one of the Council members who didn't particularly like Adrian. The meeting went by quickly, all things considered, and Adrian had absolutely no say in the matter in the end, which annoyed the Jedi Master. He was perfectly comfortable with being on his own and taking a padawan learner with too much free time, out on adventures every now and then. But now he was demanded to actually go and find a padawan he can take under his wing.

Oh well, not much he could do, or well he thought about just leave the temple for a bit and drink himself into tomorrow but decided against it in the end. As long as he had stayed in the Jedi Temple on Kashyyyk, he has never actually visited the area of the temple where the younglings and padawans stayed and trained. It actually became a bit exciting as he started to explore and find his way to the training room, where today's group training was to be held.

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

The young teen wasn't wearing traditional Jedi garb and was instead in a white t-shirt that had certainly seen better days and light pants which had also seen better days. She was one that didn't really take well to change and it took her a little bit of time to adjust. At least her clothes now all fit her. Having gotten rid of her old tatters, she would probably wear these until they were in the same condition as her old ones.

Holding the training lightsaber in her hands, she attempted to imitate the tutor and other students in the classroom. Xian really was interested in learning how to fight, but these forms were so tedious...allowing herself to daydream slightly, she jolted awake when her hilt fell out of her hands and landed on one of her bare feet.

Hopping on foot as the other was held in one hand and rubbed by the other, she felt the eyes of everybody in the room on her. Hopefully, none of them had noticed she had fallen asleep.

Maybe I need to get more at night. Alright, no playing games! Thinking this to herself, she let go of her foot and bent over to pick up the training saber again. Soon enough, the class was back in motion and Xian was wide awake. Noticing a man walk into the room, she had to look at him twice to make sure she wasn't hallucinating or dreaming again.

His appearance was superb and beyond anything, she had ever dreamed of wearing herself. Lowering her hands, she couldn't help but practically stare at him as he started to observe the class and the lesson that was being given.

When the teacher started droning on again, she started listening and hoped this new man might notice her.

Adrian Valerius

Adrian Valerius

A
Seeing the students continue training with their training sabres, the teacher looked to Adrian, "Master Valerius, can't believe the Council finally managed to convince you into taking a padawan under your wing" comment the teacher as he had just received the notion from the council before Adrian arrived. "yes, well I didn't exactly have much say in it, it's almost as if they didn't like me" answered the Jedi Master sarcastically, causing the teacher to grunt a small laugh. "So this is the younglings?" Asked Adrian, not feeling particularly on point for having a snarky conversation with the teacher again.

"Yes, they have been going through sabre training most of the morning" confirmed the teacher, who now noticed Xian being her usual self. "Xian" sighed the teacher, and started walking towards the small girl. "I've repeated myself multiple times now, now's not the time to daydream" lectured the teacher. While the teacher wasn't the harshest teacher in the temple, he wasn't particularly soft with his students either.

Glancing over his shoulder, he saw Adrian approach behind him. Looking back to Xian, "well, since you seem so interested in Master Valerius, how about you show him what you've learned today?" Asked the teacher, placing his hands behind his back and stepped to the side. Adrian gave the girl a charming smile, waiting for Xian to showcase her training progress.

"Kyle! Stop swinging your training saber like it's some kind of stick!" scolded the teacher, before leaving Adrian and Xian to themself for a bit, in order to stop another student from poking an eye out by mistake.

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly watching the movements of the teacher and guest, the teen got uncomfortable at the attention paid to her. When she thought she wanted it from the Master, she instead got it from the teacher as well. If her cheeks could turn red, they probably would have. As it was, they only grew darker and it was obvious she was not at all confident.

While she totally accepted the instruction from the Jedi teaching the class, she was thankful when he left to go pay attention to the others. Almost snickering when another student was chastised, she kept the giggle buried. Very likely the feeling would be felt through the Force and would be clear in her dark eyes.

Waiting until the teacher was out of their area, Xian then finally gave the rest of her attention to Adrian. Shuffling her bare feet on the floor slightly, she considered how to begin.

"What I'm learned today huh..."

At the start of class, she had been paying attention so even if she wasn't confident, she started going through the motions taught. She had taken a journey with a woman not too long and they had a conversation about saber fighting or even just fighting in general.

Acting like it was a dance, Xian went through the movements and motions. Considering how new she was to this, she was rather graceful, but far from perfect. At least, she wasn't swinging the training saber as if it was a club or stick. It was a part of her and she was a part of the wood in her hands. Coming to a finish, she stopped and opened her eyes, not even knowing she had closed them.

Suddenly losing what little confidence she had, she was silent for a moment before clearing her throat.

"That is what we learned this morning, Master Valerius."

Lowering her hands, one kept its grip on the hilt while the other rested at her side.

Adrian Valerius

Adrian Valerius

A
Kneeling down, with both hands on the bent knee, Adrian saw right through Xian's uncomfortableness, but he didn't mention it. It was weird in a sense, seeing another mind so young. He too was like that, though not in a temple, but private training in his father's home. Xian did not look much older than 13, maybe 14 years of age, and yet she alrighty seemed to be well on her way in her form.

Watching Xian showcase her progress in silence, not wanting to distract the dear girl. Watching Xian, he got a pretty good overview of how far the girl was and what could be improved on. "Impressive footwork, I almost thought I was watching the Grand Master fight" joked Adrian with a grin. Raising from his kneeled position, he placed two fingers on his chin, looking as to he was thinking, while the other hand went behind his back.

"How old are you my dear?" Asked Master Valerius curiously. "My guess is around 13-14" he guessed walking around Xian, examining the girl. From what he saw in her fighting, she did not look completely untrainable and from the teacher's tone towards the girl, it also sounded like she had some fight in her. Though, he was still curious to see what kind of person this girl was.

Stopping in front of Xian again, Adrian kneeled down to her eye level. "So what're your opinion on your teacher's teaching? You can be completely honest to me dear, I won't tattletale to him" quipped Adrian with a mischievous and whispering smirk as he glanced to the teacher. The teacher was in the middle of lecturing the other student firmly for swinging the training blade as if it was a stick.

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

Smiling at the compliment paid to her, the teen listened to what Adrian asked about her age and for a moment, she looked like she was trying to think of an answer. When he provided one for her, she nodded. Math was not something she was strong in and while she should know her age, much of her early life was a blur. All she could go off of was the guess given by the orphanage.

"Yes, Master. I am thirteen. Maybe fourteen, but I don't think so. I've only been here for several months, not even a year yet. I was thirteen when I came here."

Realizing she might be thought of as babbling, she shut her mouth and allowed him to circle around her. When he knelt down in front of her and asked what she thought of the teacher's teaching, she shrugged her shoulders before answering.

"It's not at all exciting. All we do is...well, you saw since I showed you. Going over and over the same thing...gets sooo boring."

Suddenly her eyes lit up as she met his.

"Do you know of a better and more interesting way to teach?"

Hoping he was true in saying he wasn't going to tattle to the teacher, Xian had been honest when she gave him that answer. The excitement was clear in her eyes and expression when she blurted out her own question to him.

Adrian Valerius

Adrian Valerius

A
A mischievous smirk formed on Adrian's lips when Xian asked if he knew a better and more interesting way to teach. Looking over to the instructor, who finally managed to get the other student to stop swinging his training sabre like a stick. "Looks like our dear instructor is returning to us" commented Adrian and rose from his kneeling position.

"How many eyes did we lose?" Asked the Jedi Master jokingly which earned him a shake of the instructor's head. Sighing, "That's not a joking matter" replied the instructor sternly. "I trust you've found your padawan?" Asked the teacher and looked to Xian and then back to Adrian.

"Ah yes, I believe the young wonderful lady beside us here, would do perfectly for my first padawan," said the Jedi Master, placing one hand behind his back, while another motioning for Xian. The instructor looked to Xian expectedly, "well? Go pack your things, Padawan learner" said the instructor with a stern voice, which formed into a small smile, once the girl ran back to the chamber where all the younglings would sleep together to grab her things.

"Well, I better sign her off to you and get all the paperwork done" commented the instructor, bowed to Master Valerius and headed for the exit. However, he stopped just short of the exit and turned, "you are all to continue your training, and Kyle, please don't poke an eye out while I'm gone" said the Jedi Instructor, before leaving.

Adrian also headed for the exit but waited by the entrance for Xian to return. As he waited, he smiled to himself. This is certainly going to be interesting. While he's taken another padawan under his wing on a mission, but Padawan Yenna Yenna was not his padawan per-say, so it wasn't quite the same as having his own padawan learner.

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

Last edited by a moderator:
Glancing over his shoulder when he mentioned the teacher was returning, Xian lowered her training lightsaber to her side and waited. He asked a joke question and she couldn't help but stifle a giggle. Looking between the two of them, the teen drew in a quick breath when the trainer asked if he had found his Padawan. When he answered yes, she practically jumped in joy.

With only a slight nudge to go pack her things, the girl ran off to gather them up. Having grown up with only a few things, her bag was rather light and very well worn. It didn't take her more than a few minutes before she returned in a rush back to the training room.

Running a hand through her hair, she rejoined Adrian and looked up at him with a shy smile.

"What's next, Master?"

Not fumbling over the word, for one of the first times in her life, she treated somebody with real respect. There was happiness within her and showed in her eyes and a desire to please him. Adrian had accepted her and the Padawan wanted to travel the Galaxy with him, take what knowledge he would give her, and make a future for herself. Always alone but now it was different.

"You'll be my partner in mischief right?"

And the child within showed in her words...

Adrian Valerius

Adrian Valerius

A
With an amusing smile, Adrian followed the small framed of the girl as she left the room with his eyes. Waiting for Xian to return, he started to form a plan, well, part of a plan to how we wanted to go about this whole master-student thing. Training younger Jedi wasn't really that hard, but then again Yenna kind of wasn't his padawan and only did one mission alone with her.

One thing was certain though, this was going to be interesting, to say the least.

Standing by the slide-door, he turned his head to look at his new padawan, packed with almost nothing really. Looking at Xian, "first, we're going to get you some proper clothes" explained Adrian and nodded in the direction of the corridor, so they could head out. "You have no idea" quipped the Jedi Master, giving Xian a wink.

Now that Xian was an actual Padawan to a Master and the Master was none other than Adrian, her life would change quite a bit.

Walking through the temple's many hallways, their first stop was by the place where Jedi would receive their traditional robes and outfits. "Greetings, Master Fleer, I see your wares are as fine as ever" announced Adrian jokingly with a smirking smile, making the man in the room sigh. "For the last time Master Valerius, this is not a shop, nor am I a shop owner" explained the Jedi Master Fleer, coming off as rather tired of Adrian's constant joking about him being a store owner.

"Don't you have other places to be, then come here and make fun of my "sense of style?" or do you actually have a reason for being here?" Asked Master Fleer annoyed. "In fact I do" replied the very smug Adrian and placed his hand on Xian's head, "my very dear and new Padawan are in need of some proper clothing" explained Adrian and presented Xian for the other Jedi master.

"I'll be damn. You actually took up a Padawan?" Asked Master Fleer dumbfounded as his eyes fell on Xian. "Don't sound so surprising my friend" scoffed the flamboyant Jedi Master with a superficial offend.

Nevertheless, Xian was pulled deeper into the room and was placed on a small platform, raised a bit above the floor for Master Fleer to measure her size. Meanwhile, Adrian would head for the door, "I'll be right back, I have some things to get before we can head out" explained Adrian to Xian, before leaving the room.

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

For just a moment, Xian felt like the gaze she was given was one of disapproval. Then Adrian commented they would be getting her proper clothes and she fell into step with him. Looking down at the worn garb she was wearing, it was rather...well worn. Nothing had holes that could be seen and quite a few patches.

"What's wrong with what I have? It fits me perfectly!"

Almost too perfectly. The teen had grown just a little bit since joining the Silver Jedi and these were just now starting to get a little too small. They were quite comfortable though and she wasn't ready to entirely part with them. Maybe they were something of a security blanket for her. Something familiar and Adrian had certainly changed her life. Even though that change had just begun, the uncertain girl felt like her life was going out of control. Attempting to push this deep inside her, she didn't actually have to try for very long.

When they walked into where the Order got their official robes, her dark eyes went wide at the sight of all the fabric in front of her. Not hearing much of the conversation between the two men, it took only a few minutes of staring before she was upon a platform and getting measured. Barely nodding when Adrian said he would be right back, she was watching what the tailor was doing.

Once more being asked to step up, she was placed on an even smaller stool and then helped down after a few more seconds.

"Do I get to pick the fabric and color?"

Xian had her eyes on a dark brown and soft looking bolt of fabric. Holding a hand up slightly, the Padawan wanted to touch and feel it. Without permission though, she would keep her hands to herself.

"How long will it take to make whatever you measured me for? Will it fit like these clothes? How much am I getting? Will I get a coat too?"

Her questions came one after the other and then she colored slightly when her Master walked back through the door.

Adrian Valerius

Adrian Valerius

A
The tailor of the temple, looked at Xian and then at the fabric along with there different colours. "Only if you don't break anything" said the tailor, giving the Padawan a stern glance, before continuing his work.

Xian got a few minutes to look before she was asked to go back on the pedestal, so the tailor could continue to measure the last bit of places for Xian's outfit. "Yes yes, you will get all of those, now stand still so I can finish measuring you" commented the man, coming off as one who didn't really felt like talking.

When the measuring was done, the girl was asked to stay by the sofa-bench, so if the tailor needed more measuring, he wouldn't have to find her. Adrian finally returned after half an hour's wait as flamboyant as ever and with a matching smirk, "how's the tailoring going, love?" Asked the Jedi Master to Xian and sat down beside her, if she still sat on the sofa.

After maybe a couple of hours of waiting, Adrian had some snack for them to enjoy, while waiting.

The tailor came over to the pair, "your outfit is ready" said the man and led Xian over to a changing cabin. She got quite the extensive explanation on how to equip the Jedi garbs and then was lightly pushed into the changing cabin.

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

Since she had been given permission to go touch the fabrics, she did just that until she was once again asked to get up on the pedestal. Taking the measuring in stride, she kept quiet when she figured out the man didn't want to chat as much as Xian would have liked. However, the girl was silent and stood as still as she could.

She was told to take a seat and did that and just dreamed over the outfit she was going to be given. Looping a strand of hair around her finger, she looked up when Adrian came back. Moving over slightly, she took the snack he had brought and chomped down on it before answering.

"It's been quite boring and quiet. He doesn't like to chat much does he? I'm getting so many things though! Even a coat. It'll be the first one I've owned. Thank you, Master."

Most likely the next two hours were filled with the ramblings of a bored teenager, but hopefully, that didn't irritate Adrian much. When the tailor came out carrying the items he had just crafted for her, the Padawan practically jumped up off the couch and listened to the instructions.

By the time those were finished, she probably looked like her eyes had glazed over at some point during them. Doing her best though, Xian got into them without very much trouble or issue. It didn't take much intelligence to figure out how to layer everything. Undershirt, pants, a vest went on top of the shirt and then the coat. There was one or two things she had forgotten or didn't have yet and came out of the fitting room carrying the belt.

"I can't seem to figure out how to get this one right."

One might also notice she didn't have any shoes on.

Adrian Valerius

Adrian Valerius

A
A grin formed, "that's Master Fleer for you" quipped Adrian, earning him a groan from the tailor who by now, just ignored Adrian's small quips. However, Adrian gasp by Xian's comment, "well good thing I came around!" he expressed with an over-exaggeration outcry, but he did listen to every word and even joined in on her ramblings. He was quick to add things or agree with things Xian was passionate about in her ramblings.

Once done, he was about to go down the corridor with his new fabulously dressed Padawan, when the girl expressed her annoyance in not being able to get the belt right. Kneeling down, he gave her a smile and showed her, how exactly they were to be wrapped around her waist. Looking down at her feet, Adrian got up, "no no no, that won't do!" and rushed into the tailor and acquired a pair of boots who surprisingly fit her like a glove, give her a few inches in high due to the low heel.

When al that was done, he led her down the corridor, passed the room where the other students were training, pass the meditation rooms and towards the hangers. "So, while you were being fablazed, I went a got us, our first mission" announced Adrian with a flash of a smile. "It will help me to see how you will do in the real world and give you some good life experience" explained Adrian, giving the young girl a wink.

Xian Xiao Xian Xiao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom