Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial by Fire {Protectorate}

tumblr_lx9unvUcav1ql98f7o1_500.gif
FONDOR: OP HEADQUARTERS:
Rain fell oddly heavily today, as if the skies were mourning for the Republic. Or maybe they sensed the killer walking their streets. The woman, dressed so casually, staring at the entrance to her old grounds. Omega Pyre. Better known nowadays as the Protectorate. It had been her home for years. Until she died, of course. That had been nearly a year ago. Things since then had been awfully complicated. Taking a walk to clear her thoughts seemed like a logical choice. Even if those around her might recognize her. Realize she's the monster who fought at Coruscant, alongside the Sith. Her mind had not been her own. Torn from her, taken by the Vong. But was that enough of an excuse? Could she have been stronger, fought against the seemingly endless anger? Just plain out refused to do their bidding?... Naturally she had tried as soon as she regained her thoughts... Abuse came after that. Handlers expected results. The Horde wanted to burn the galaxy, to give it a trial by fire, of sorts. This mercenary had been just another tool. One they valued highly. After all, eight and a half feet tall Sithspawn were hard to come by. Those that had the soul of a strong warrior attached? Even rarer. So they did everything they could to make sure she did what they wanted. Starved her, extracted memories, blocked others, shocked her when she resisted. Oh, how she had hated that last one... Electricity was how she had died, at the hands of Ashin Varanin. To feel that sting again was horrible. However she was free now. Ventasia Terana had helped bring back the last pieces of her scattered mind. Ven'Rain Sekairo, the Shattered Knight, Childe of the Stars, was once again herself. Coming home was understandably her top priority.

But would she be accepted?

During the time that her mind had not been her own, she had committed many atrocities. Sacked a village before slaughtering several dozen soldiers in a nearby base, some of which hadn't even been armed at the time. During the Second Great Sacking of Coruscant she had killed several Jedi... along with breaking Ben Watts' ribs (like she had once done with Shinju, though in a slightly different way). During several Horde Invasions she had also killed various combatants and civilians. Had she done any good?... Accidentally killed a few Sith troopers, without realizing it. Along with a few top-notch Vong scientists. On purpose. And raided a merchant con- oh. That's not good either. Well. A good look through her mind might be enough to have her pardoned. She only did what the Vong and Sith commanded. Of course, if she had had more control over her mind, that would be a horrible excuse. One that would get her executed fairly quickly. But she was oathbound to the Ventress Terana. As long as the redhead worked for the Protectorate, Ven did as well. Somehow I doubt that would be enough for the Lord Protector, or anyone who worked under him. "Let's get this over with..." The Mad Merc muttered, walking into the lobby of the OP headquarters. Ventasia herself was due to show up eventually. She would likely be giving a eye-witness account of things. Along with giving her personal reasons to trust her almost-fiance. Hmm... hopefully she'll show up soon, before her amiga becomes a pile of ash on the floor. That situation was all she could think about as she approached the man at the front desk. The... receptionist? I guess? Eh, his title didn't matter to much at the moment. What did matter was getting a meeting with the right people. "I need to speak to your leaders. Tell them that Ven'Rain Sekairo, the Mad Merc, would like a little chat about the past few months. HK-36 might be able to give you more info." She hoped she'd see him there. They had gotten along pretty well, especially at Teg's wedding.
[member="Noah Corek"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Ayden Cater"] [member="Ventasia Terana"] @Any other OP members.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"], [member="Noah Corek"], [member="Ayden Cater"]

"What the Chaos do you mean she is alive?"

Fondor: OP Headquarters

"Does no-one die in this Sithy era anymore?"
HK was surprised at the transmission he has received, one about Ven'Rain being back, it was unknown whether he realized that the Sith Spawn he has fought during his aid of merchant convoy was the Mad Merc, or that she was present on the New Sacking of Coruscant, they never met there in the end, after all.
Even if he did, he was not aware of the grounds on which she has regained her mind and rid of the Sith Alchemy in her system.

"Well, either way, her presence here will mean one thing,"
He answered to the communication device he was speaking into,
"[member="Ventasia Terana"] is here as well, tell her I request a meeting with her in private before this starts, I will reap what she owes me on this day."
The droid would soon add after that, as he strode the corridors of the Omega Tower to a spot where he could hopefully meet with Ventasia quickly before moving on to help Ven'Rain
"Oh yes, her debt will be paid."
How or what the droid omitted, it would be revealed soon enough.

Rebellious Vanguard
Well, is wasn't hard to sense that something was amiss..

She'd calmed down, fixed herself up, and even sobered up. All because she knew what was about to happen. Everything was going to hit the fan. And either things would continue on as if nothing happened, or it would all blow up in her face. No one could be too terribly found of these options, but that was how the ball rolled. At least for her, it was. Having found Ven and verbally beaten some sense into her, the only logical next step was to bring her back into the fold, back home to the Pyre. Of course, with what she had done, that was easier said than done. Slaughtering innocents and Jedi alike during the sacking of Coruscant, rampaging through a remote outpost, and generally just being a terror. The woman known as the Mad Merc had plenty to answer for, and Ventasia would have to answer for her disappearance as well. In truth, none of it looked good for either of them.

Receiving a message through her comm, a slight sigh slipped from her lips. An old friend, if she could call him that, suddenly wanted to see her. Of course, it was for nothing good. No, no. The assassin droid was a known heckler of her style, specifically her attitude. Part of her wanted to ignore the transmission. After all, there were much bigger things on her mind. No doubt Ven would be wanting to see Ayden. And no doubt the way she looked would probably cause panic. A hulking Sithspawn strolling through the tower was not normal, even for OP. And that was saying a lot. There was also Corek. The most she;d probably do there was walk in, knock something breakable off his desk, and walk out. Why? Better question is; why not? Apparently, such gestures would have to wait..for now.

It wouldn't be long before she stood before the door to the droid's office. A droid with an office? Nope, nothing weird there. Everyday normal stiff. A heavy sigh escaped her lips as her hand rose to scratch at her head. "This is crazy...", she muttered as stepped to the door and slid open, allowing her entrance. "What do you want, Bolts? Make it quick it. I got things to do that actually matter."

[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Ayden Cater"] [member="Noah Corek"]

HK-36

[member="Ventasia Terana"]

Once the door to the temporary office, his headquarters were on Abregado-Rae, after all, opened, he droid stood up, seeing the image of his older companion/friend in mercenary corps,
"Ventasia Force-Damned Terana."
The machine begun, walking closer to the red-heard woman, almost bumping into her.

And then, in quick reflex, before she could react.
He hugged, her lifting her up in his strong metal arms, much stronger than that of normal organic,
"I missed you, where the Chaos were you, young lady. You better have a good reason for your absence so long."
The droid shook her slightly in the hug, slightly rotating right and left.
"You have no idea how worried I was."
The ancient droid added,

That's right, Ventasia was going to pay her debt.
In hugs.

Rebellious Vanguard
What the kark was up with this?...

No time to react. She was stuck, being squeezed by the crazed droid that apparent;y missed her. How the heck did a droid miss anyone? Ever? Was that even possible? Apparently, it was, as the emotion was being poured all over her as if she'd stood out in the rain for a few hours. Her body wiggled about slightly, her eyes narrowed and focused on the droid. Part of her wanted to simply kick him away with all her might. After all. if she did, he wouldn't be able to anything about it afterward. He'd be scrap. Oddly enough, the realization set in that she'd feel bad about it. That, and she certainly wasn't going to repair him...

"I'll give you to the count of 5 before I dismantle you and use your parts to build me an astromech that'll shut its mouth, and not give me such a headache.. Four and a half.."

Hey, no one said she got anymore patient...

[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Ventasia Terana"]

"I have a vibro-blade hidden in one of my wrists and enough power in my arms to pull a Wookiee's arms out of their socket in display of poetic justice."
HK said quietly to Ventasia as he put her down,
"I did not get this far because it was easy to disassemble me at close proximity."
He quipped, touching Ventasia's arm softly,
"Just accept that there are multiple beings who care for you and deal with it."
HK added with a nod

The droid slightly tilted his head then,
"What is that about Ven being back with the Protectorate?"

Rebellious Vanguard
Finally, her feet were on the floor again. She dust herself as a huff of air escaped her lips. At this point, she was already prepared to leave the same way she came. If a hug was HK's way of getting payback, then he had accomplished his goal. It would seem odd to ask her to come up to the office just for that, but that was the crazed droid's style. However, before she could even begin to turn towards the door, her attention was grabbed as he mentioned the name of a certain person. A light groan sipped from her lips as she glared toward HK, arms crossing over her chest. "Yes, Ven is back. I brought her back here. Why? Is that a problem? After all, her being here doesn't have much of anything to do with you."

Ah.. Always so wonderfully hostile...

[member="HK-36"]

"It might be." Knight had heard the news and come to see, exarchs had to stick together and she stood there petite and non threatening in her robes and bubblegum pink hair while looking at Ventasia. Though she also didn't think it was a major problem, Ven'rain from what she remembered hadn't left under anything criminal she had just left and went to be with someone who was wanted.... but she hadn't fought or attacked. Would have to check on that and she came in to stand near the iron knight and exarch. "Though we will never know until we hear from her or the Lord Protector."

Tap tap. Tap tap. Tap tap.

Unsurprisingly, the woman was getting slightly impatient. Turning to the person next to her (as she had been told to wait in the lobby) she tried to start a conversation. "You'd think that when someone who's supposed to be dead walks in here, in a Sithspawn body, you'd think it would get some attention, right?" It was safe to say the seats by the mercenary did not stay filled for long after that. Insert mental sigh here. Ventasia would come back soon, right?... At least then she'd have someone to pass the time with. For now she was stuck twiddling her thumbs... and pretending not to notice the handful of people staring at her. More like gawking. To be more... precise.

HK-36

[member="Ventasia Terana"], [member="Knight"]

"Exarch."
He nodded slightly to Knight before looking to Ventasia,
"If what I have gathered on the subject is correct, then she was aiding our enemies, helping in raids in Protectorate space, I may have even fought her myself when I helped merchant convoys cross our space safely."
The droid crossed his arms, staring down the redhead merc,
"If that is all correct then it very much so affects me, as she has attacked me and the innocent civilians I have sworn to protect. I know Ven, Ventasia, and I know she would not do something like that from her own will."

HK slightly glanced to Knight,
"But it is not the proof that she was controlled in the Past that I would require here,"
He continued, looking back to Ventasia,
"I want proof that it will not happen again, that she is indeed free from their grasp."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom