Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Treetop Training

Iakchi

Babysitter, Bodyguard, Beverage Connoisseur
Inspiration-Kashyyyk-Wookie-Planet-C.jpg

Iakchi took a deep breath as he looked out over the expanse of wroshyr trees, feeling the force running through the gargantuan interconnected structures of his homeworld. It was where he felt most powerful. Where his abilities could always reach their full potential. Something he'd been working on for some time now was channeling this somehow into his abilities when off-world, but he'd struggled with it. The Wookiee had enough of a connection to work well, but he felt limited in some ways. So far he'd been capable of surviving, but he knew it was a block he absolutely had to bypass. Especially for the sake of his padawan.

[member="Saka Amara"] had been informed to meet him here, at a treetop home owned by his father's side of the family, only a short walk through the bridges connecting the massive trees from the Temple. While most of their training happened there, it was easy to forget sometimes that in many cases a Jedi would be on their own, away from those they trusted, those they could count on for support. Masters were a great resource, but once you were assigned somewhere, you were on your own. While Saka would not be alone here, Iakchi figured that it would be helpful to get her away from others for a short while to see how she worked with just the two of them.

He turned from the railing back towards the house, empty aside from himself and soon his padawan for the day. The quiet would help with their training, making it easier to focus, another detriment of being in the temple. Noise there could be distracting, though his masters would say that it was a boon, allowing one the opportunity to learn to ignore distractions, and it was a sentiment he could agree with. But for now this would do just fine.

“Excuse me,” She began, waving down a restock droid as it buzzed along, pushing an antigrav bin full of rubble down the staircase of the Wroshyr tree. “I’m looking for—”

The droid whizzed past without so much as twitching its optics.

“Well then,” She sighed, nervously looking over to the bannister, which provided a small barrier between her and a long descent into the canopy of jungle below. The Mirialan hadn't ventured much outside the confines of the temple grounds and as such Kashyyyk still very much had it's surprises.

If she kept on ascending, she would eventually run into her master, who most likely wouldn't be happy that Saka was slightly late for their training. Her old master certainly never humoured it either.

[member="Iakchi"]

Iakchi

Iakchi had been meditating when he began to feel the presence of his padawan, moving to find her as she got closer. [member="Saka Amara"] appeared a bit flustered, possible due to being later than the time he'd given her to meet him, but he wasn't bothered by it. There was plenty of time.

"I see you found the place alright," he joked with a grin. "Come on inside, even this high up in the trees there's things you don't want to be caught out by."

He waited for her to follow, holding the door open for the Mirialan.

Saka merely raised an eyebrow in slight surprise at his remark about the 'things', she had full confidence in her own abilities to fend off any threats. No predator no matter how big would try and trifle with a lightsaber wielding prey.

"I wholeheartedly agree," She replied placidly, secretly glad to be off the long winding staircase that hugged the Wroshyr tree. Padawan Amara had never liked heights from an early age, even as a Padawan she still hated going up places of high elevation; nevertheless she would not complain as it was expected of her.

[member="Iakchi"]

Iakchi

It was a short walk through a hallway he led her down now, the walls lined with artifacts and traditional items passed down through his family's centuries-old traditions and lineage. Ryyk blades that belonged to his great-great-great grandfather, a traditional set of Wookiee guard armor worn by a late uncle, a tribal dress decorated with scarlet agr feathers. Things that told a story of who his family was.

"You've been progressing well with your training," he said as they passed the halls, eyes glancing back to her and wondering if she'd ever been in a traditional Wookiee home before now. "You're near the age you'd take your trials, though, so I suppose today I want to test what you need to learn before you'll be ready."

He pushed through a set of double-doors into a large, open circular room. Again, lined with traditional Wookiee things such as wooden shields and Ryyk Kerarthorr. But in the center was a particularly interesting item.

A massive Upari crystal was held between two repulsors, larger even than Iakchi. Cylindrical, but shaped, with two points at either end, it hung suspended there as Iakchi led his padawan into the room, taking a position looking right at it.

"This crystal has been in my father's family for over six centuries," he said, looking right at it. "It was found in the Shadowlands after crashing into the planet from orbit. They thought it was a distressed ship that lost control, and went to offer help, but after fighting through kinrath and netcasters they found... this."

He pointed to four small chips along one side of it. "These here. These were from me." He then reached for his lightsaber, taking it out and balancing it on his palm. "My father gave me permission to take pieces for it. He said I was the first Jedi in even longer than we'd had the crystal in the family. And allowed this."

[member="Saka Amara"]

Saka stirred, once, like she wanted to say something; she took a brief moment to admire her masters family home, deep down wishing that she herself knew her own family as she came to the order as a mere toddler separated from knowing what it was like to have parents. The order was her foster family in everyway but it still could not replace that feeling of loneliness in her heart.

She was fascinated by the Upari crystal that held centre stage, dwarfing both master and Padawan. It was a light sky blue much like the colour of her own eyes, she could feel the flow of the force flowing from the great crystal. "My previous master focused on teaching me Soresu and Djem So, including martial arts because a Jedi cannot always rely on their lightsaber in combat," despite being a mere five foot four and rather skinny, the Mirialan was anything but fragile having been taught a rather ascetic way of living.

[member="Iakchi"]

Iakchi

The Wookiee nodded as she explained her experience, glad that her lightsaber training wasn't too unlike his own. "Good. Unarmed combat is just as important as knowing how to use a weapon. The lightsaber is your life, but opponents know this, and will try to disarm you, expecting you to flee or die. Especially a smaller fighter like yourself. No offense."

He couldn't help but grin, more than aware of the size difference between the pair of them. And while he certainly didn't underestimate his padawan, just at a glance, he knew others would. As he ignited one blade of his double-bladed saber, the silvery blue plasma spike calmly stretching from its emitter, he said to [member="Saka Amara"] "Show me what you can do. On the training setting, of course, I don't feel like losing any limbs today."

A strike from the training setting on a lightsaber would be painful, even for a Wookiee, but it was better than needing to replace an entire arm or leg. He flourished the saber just a bit, bringing it into a two-handed grip with one elbow out, blade angled up beside his head in the Ataru starting position. It was a ruse, of course, just to see how she would react.

Saka was a prodigy in many ways, but when forced into a one-on-one duel against a physically stronger opponent in close quarters she lost ground quickly. However as her old master taught her, it was never wise to try and match a large foe with brawn, instead you must be calculating when it came to taking down better foes.

She decided that the best course of action would be to feign blows and tire her master down enough to open up for a finishing strike, the Mirialan lunged forward with a overhead feigned strike, pulling away to the side at last minute to direct her slash sideways at the Wookies hip.

[member="Iakchi"]

Iakchi

The feint was a good one. Something that Iakchi himself would utilize, and it was good to see that his padawan could use the technique so effectively. Not perfectly however. The Wookiee's true favored form came into use, and he quickly parried her strike, though rather than bringing his blade back around, he countered it by igniting the second blade of his saber, turning an attack that would have consisted of three easily noticeable moves into a single fluid motion. With a wrenching of his wrists, the second blade swung upwards diagonally, the tip pointing right at Saka's chest.

[member="Saka Amara"]

As quick as she was Saka barely had any time to dodge the blow aimed for her chest, crying out in pain as her legs gave way and she went down on one knee while letting out every Mirialan swear word imaginable. Her flushed face a darker shade of olive as she regained her balance and got back up.

"Sorry master, i should've been more courteous," she let out meekly, slightly embarrassed at her choice of words while being hit.

[member="Iakchi"]

Iakchi

The Wookiee let out a deep laugh, trying his best to gently pat his padawan on the shoulder. At least enough that she wasn't given even more pain on top of that from her fall. "You don't need to worry about courtesy," he replied, though he didn't know much of the Mirialan language he understood context very well. "Right now it's just us but in a real fight, if you don't throw courtesy out the window, I guarantee you'll be the one on the floor again. But you won't be able to get up."

He took a few steps back, giving [member="Saka Amara"] a nod. With two hands on his saber's hilt now, one blade retracted as before, he raised it up and angled the blade back into the Form V opening stance. "Try again. This time be a bit more mindful of my second blade. Form V is powerful in the hands of a skilled swordsman, and even moreso in the hands of a saberstaff wielder."

“Yes master.” Sakas voice was soft as always, but there was a thread of determination running under it as she gripped her saber hilt tightly. She moved forward cautiously, wary of his second blade. Speed and precision had always been her speciality, but strength was not one of them.

Sensing opportunity she darted forward at her master, slashing at him in many different directions to keep him busy before she waited for her moment to use her size against the lumbering Wookiee.

[member="Iakchi"]

Iakchi

"Your aggression betrays you," he replied, blocking left and right, but still glad that she had the skill to put even him on a defensive. "But your technique is good. Your previous master did well to teach you. Speed, precision, most times these are more important than strength. But on occasion..."

Snaps and pops crackled as their blades met, before finally, a well-placed strike of hers met with his blade, a powerful swing meant to parry the Mirialan's attack, knocking it sideways.

[member="Saka Amara"]

The arc is blindingly fast; she senses its movement in the Force rather than see it coming, however this time she was ready and ducked under its trajectory. she snaps a swing kick into her masters knee to knock him over, connecting brutally with his leg. It was all to late however as Saka realised that her master was a lot more sturdy than she gave him credit for; as he barely moved from the kick. Cerulean blue eyes widened in horror at the realisation that she was now vulnerable to his strikes from above.

[member="Iakchi"]

Iakchi

The kick strikes his upper calf, but Iakchi was unfazed, in fact finding the trick amusing. Rather than striking down as he was open to do, he removed a hand from his saber, moving it towards her quickly as he reached out using the Force. He much preferred bladework to utilizing force abilities, but this one he could certainly do. He lifted her into the air, moving her a few feet away, then dropped her at a safe distance.

"That was a good response," he said, grinning. "Be mindful of your own abilities and their limitations, but also your opponent's. I've seen species strong enough to take on a Wookiee in a fistfight, but never a Mirialan. If you're going to try something like that again, on anyone, aim here," he paused, pointing at the back of his knee. "The knees hold everything up. Take out the knee and they'll drop like a sack of bantha dung."

[member="Saka Amara"]

Saka raised her hand cautiously as she dusted herself off from the ground, "In lieu of the more colorful option that present itself?" she could barely keep a straight face as she said those words, delicate laughter occasionally breaking out.

"It worked on Zeltros and i imagine a Sith knight would not expect it in a fight."

[member="Iakchi"]

Iakchi

The Wookiee let out a hearty laugh, understanding fully what she was going for there. "It's dirty fighting, but it works. The Sith will throw anything at you in a fight, up to and including the kitchen sink. They won't expect a Jedi to strike at a man's most delicate parts, and if they do, it'll be a lightsaber swing they'll expect rather than a kick or a punch. And it'll work. They'll try to electrocute you, or strangle you with the force, so I say take every advantage you're given. You might not get another chance."

He pressed the ignition button on his saber, this time retracting the silvery blue plasma back within its casing. "Put away your saber and come with me outside. Now that we're a little warmed up there's a technique I want to teach you. One that can save your life in the right circumstances. I know it's saved mine."

It wasn't a randomly timed thing, him interrupting their lightsaber practice. He had sensed the tach outside. They were simple creatures, harmless in the vast majority of instances, and friendly enough to make for a good first foray with his padawan into using the Force to control animals.

[member="Saka Amara"]

"Controlling animals? as you wish master," She replied warily, secretly glad to avoid further embarrassment sparring with Iakchi. The Mirialan followed her Wookiee masters lead as the pair went outside the Wookiee residency, the midday sun of Kashyyyk burning brightly in all its humid glory. Saka wished that her people took into consideration that their cultural garb wasn't always the best in a warm place like Kashyyyk. The thought of a sonic shower afterwards proved to be quite appealing to the Padawan.

"How do you do it?"

[member="Iakchi"]

Iakchi

"It's not a difficult ability," he replied as he slowly approached one of the monkey-like beings, eyes locked on the creature in front of him. "But it requires control. Not just of the animal, but of yourself. You have to be at peace with yourself and in control of your emotions. Creatures can sense them, they can prey on them, and take advantage of you if you're not in control."

With a hand stretched out, the Wookiee kept distance from the being, but instead reached out with the Force. He could feel it without touching it. The wind in its fur, its heartbeat beneath its chest, the innocence of its mind. He controlled himself, and within moments, he could feel what the creature was thinking. And while he couldn't control its thoughts, he was somehow able to control its actions.

He could see through its eyes, willing it forward as it crawled towards [member="Saka Amara"] and reached for her hand.

She extended her hand out so the furry little creature could hoist itself up onto her shoulder, she offered her other hand to stroke the tiny little ape, " What of bigger animals? Tach are adorable creatures but i don't think one could bring a Sith down if my life was in danger." Saka smiled slightly, awkwardly scooping the ape into her arms so she could put it down.

@Iakchi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom