Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Treat the Wounds

Click. Click. Click. Click.

A look back.

The woman stopped.

The clicks stopped.

In the light of the day again. And it felt good.

"Miss Natalja, you've arrived!" one shouted with enthusiasm. He'd been waiting for the woman to arrive. While being the Worst Jedi Ever (or at least what she calls herself), she was known as a Healer around the circles of the Jedi. Yes, she wasn't very good at what she did, but at least she tried and gave his best. And as she had made himself rather known in the Silver Jedi Order, she was contacted.

"You told me you're lacking a significant part of your hospital here on Iego. May I ask, what is the the department you have not yet built?" Her voice was dull, even slightly cold. That kind of a tone was not even familiar to the girl and she was slightly surprised when she heard herself. She blamed all of that on the fact that she had not talked for more than half a year. Not a single word.

"Um... The emergency department is unfinished. As a Jedi Healer, you should be able to help us? The point is, we already have patients who have to be treated. But we can't, because we don't have the department they need."

"Sounds like something I could do," The woman muttered as she walked closer to the man and actually shook his hand. The man was a bit surprised, but followed Maria's lead.

"We've put them in a room and we have a few healers there, but we need somebody who has had more experience in this thing. The ones we have there right now are mainly Padawans."

What a surprise.

"Ugh. Let's get started. Can we go inside?"

The man nodded and turned around to lead the woman right into the hospital.

Click. Click. Click. Click.

The woman continued walking.

[ [member="Coci Heavenshield"] ]

[member="Maria Natalja"]

After the Silver Jedi had come to Iego to assist the peoples to build infrastructure of governing houses and hospitals, Coci had returned to continue talks between the Diathim and Maelibi. The initial meeting had began well, but a small group of Maelibi had attacked the hospital with the intention to disrupt talks and kill, as is their natural desire. Many Maelibi and Jedi were lost that day, many casualties and damage to the building already erected. But the Silver Jedi had quelled the uprising and peace had come to the planet, but much work still needed to be completed, not only of the hospital but with further diplomacy between the two species that share this planet.

Although the talks had gone better than she had expected, there was still tension which over time would be overcome. Coci had left the talks and was making her way back to the main city when her speeder was attacked, a handful of Maelibi not happy with the presence of the Silver Jedi had overpowered her and blew up the speeder. The small group that accompanied her managed to fight back and their attackers retreated to the underground.

Coci was put on the back of one of the Ranger's transports and lifted to the hospital. She is badly wounded, her leg suffering major injuries cut by a piece of metal from the explosion, much blood loss and Coci drifts in and out of consciousness. The Ranger, carries her limp body into the hospital yelling for medical help for the Jedi Master.

"Please wait a moment, we've got a serious trouble here!" the man who had welcomed Maria spoke as he started radiating away from her to handle the problem. In the distance, Maria still heard him saying the lines, "You mean to say Mrs Heavenshield is here? She needs treatment?"

"Yeah, and there's nobody we could give this responsibility to. The injuries are too much for a Padawan," the woman this man was talking to responded. "We need to finish the emergency department as soon as possible or she could be in a fatal state."

"I could help you," Maria muttered from her positions, voice loud enough for the two to hear. "I am not a Padawan. I can help her." She started walking closer to the man and the woman while continuing, "Show me where she is and I can treat her injuries."

[member="Maria Natalja"]

The medical droids had began work on the lesser injuries to Coci, they had given her a shot to help the pain and also to stablise her and she began to come to. Still uncertain as to where she was, Coci looked around the see faces over her, of people she had not seen before. She could only assume them to be apart of the medical staff but Coci was in no condition to protest or inquire.

"Where am I?", she finally managed to whisper. And the recollection of the attacked came to her. She tried to move, but regardless of the medication, her leg still pained her greatly. Her face winced but she could not focus through the force to begin to heal herself, furthermore she did not have the energy to do so.

"Who are you?", she asked a blonde woman standing beside her bed.

"I'm Jedi Knight Maria Natalja. I've come to heal you," Maria spoke to the woman. After taking a glance at Coci's leg, she did look a little bit shocked, but she already had a general idea of what to do. It looked like medical droids had already cleaned the blood from the wound, but she couldn't tell whether it was a good thing or not. The leg looked really fractured and she would have actually preferred to see it with blood covering the injury rather than the clean wound.

On to work, she thought.

"You're on Iego, in the hospital. Could you please tell me what happened?" the Healer tried to sound as friendly and nice as possible, even though she had a hard time at doing that. Months of continuous silence had had an effect on her skills of speaking. Her words ended up being cold, his sentences lacked spirit and energy.

While talking, she prepared herself to perform some powers, but her confidence started getting slightly deluded. She had never had to fix such a thing or treat an injury like that. For the first time ever, she had to delve deeper than the skin to repair everything. It looked like the procedure would take a lot more time than she had expected.

Maria's hand hovering over the wound, radiating slightly blueish light, she tried to ease the pain the injury could have brought while also trying to sense the depth of the injury.

[member="Maria Natalja"]

Blinking her eyes to try and focus them on the face that spoke to her, her vision remained blurred. She could just make out a strong head of blonde hair, female features and voice. The voice however, seemed distant or displaced as if from another time or world, intriguing in a sense, strangely came off as cold, but behind the voice Coci sensed the warm heart of a healer. She shook her head more to gain clarity, her black eyes dilated wide and let in too much light which pain them, Coci had strange eyes, black a the night sky and able to see more than most people, from distance to detail.

"Thank you", she managed to finally say with strained breath. "My speeder was hit by some form of explosive, I don't know what kind". And she didn't it all happened quickly. "All I remember is my leg was hit by a piece of metal".

"I am Master Coci Heavenshield", she offered in way of introduction realising she had not do so. "Of the Order of the Silver Jedi". She tried to look down at her leg to see the damage, but only received a bolt of pain and she pressed back on the bed wincing.

"Indeed, I can sense a piece of metal inside you leg," Maria said, her eyes closed while trying to focus on the inside of the leg. She hadn't had to use any Force Sense in the last months so she had some difficulties at controlling it. She hoped she wouldn't mess up her Healer career due to a failure at trying to heal a Silver Jedi Master. She had heard Coci was an important person in the Silver Jedi Order.

"Droids, come here!" she spoke, assuming it would be the best if she let the droids take it out. Her method of removing it would have been too dangerous, considering the state of the patient and her own rustic abilities. "There's an alien object inside her leg and it must be removed. I will immediately perform healing on her leg after it gets removed."

Then she turned back to the woman. "I am going to give my best at treating the wound, but it will take time and I can't promise it's not going to hurt." She sighed. "But to take both of our attentions away from that, can you tell me what the Silver Jedi Order has been up to? I have been to a few of your missions with my company, but I still don't know much about the organisation."

[member="Maria Natalja"]

Well if she could endure child birth this would be easy right? Pain, she hates it. As the droids approached, Coci gritted her teeth for what would come, not sure exactly which would be the most painful, the removal of the metal or the healing. She looked into the face of the Knight but found no expression to give anything away.

"Well hmm ... ", small talk in a sense, yes that might work. "The Silver Jedi are not really that much different to the Jedi Order", she winced as the droid probed her leg. This place really needs help since there are not drugs to assist in the pain. With what energy she had left, Coci pushed the force to her mind to shield it the best she could. Normally this would be easy for her, but the injury had take a toil on her physically as well as mentally and she lacked the energy.

"We live by the code the same as the Republic, but do not view 'certain' experiences with emotions as they might", she let out a stifled scream as the metal was beginning to be removed.

Through pressed gritted teeth. "Recently we had to intervene on Mon Calamari, the shipyards there had been under attack from pirates, errr how much longer till this metal is out?". Coci puffed out her cheeks in a forced push of breath and set her mind more to rid the pain. Closing her eyes she could not say more at this point.

Maria only nodded as she listened to Coci's speech, trying not disturb her. Distracting her even more wouldn't have been a good thing, especially considering the state she was in at the moment. She tried to sense the piece of metal while it was being taken instead, in hopes of it getting removed soon. And it looked like Silver Jedi shared the same wish.

"Just a little bit more. It's nearly out of your leg, but I can tell there's an unusual shape remaining there and it's kind of... stuck behind your flesh. We'll have to either cut the wound a lot more open or saw the metal into considerable pieces. Both are equally terrifying and painful," Maria noted, even though she shouldn't have done that. Realising her mistake, she continued.

"Or I could move it around there with Telekinesis and try to mold it into something that can fit out of the wound."

[member="Maria Natalja"]

Although Coci had become stablised her blood pressure rose considerably after the Jedi Knight informed her of the options to remove the piece of metal under her flesh. Her ability to remove pain had worked to reduce the pain but Coci knew she would not be able to continue much more.

"I think telekinesis would be a better option Knight Natalja. If that does not work than you have my permission to remove it as you deem fit", she looked into the woman's face with a look of severity of her own. "Please try for me, do your best", the force will guide the healing hands of the young lady, she had no doubt of that.

Laying back on the pillow, her head burying deep as if to steel herself for the coming pain. Coci closed her eyes to focus on a point on the ceiling, she will use this to shut down her mind into meditation.

And Maria did try. She took a deep breath before utilising a technique she had feared of using for a long time. Telekinesis was definitely not her strongest power and she knew that too well. However, causing a piece of metal to change its shape was some higher level ability and for a moment, the Jedi Knight thought she'd give up the whole project. But the hopes of this Master she was treating were stronger than her doubts in herself.

The woman sensed the piece inside Coci's leg and she could feel the pain it could have caused to the patient. She had to be really careful not to mess up with her wounds. And that's why she, really carefully, started rotating the piece inside the woman's flesh, making the object collapse on itself more with every turn it took. It was difficult to control so many things at once, especially after months of not using the Force at all.

"It's starting to turn into a ball -- it will be out soon."

She sighed and realised the scrap of metal was able to fit out of the wound. And that's why she stopped the rotation and just popped it out of the leg with high speed, causing it to fly against the ceiling and get stuck in it.

Maria needed a break.

"Droids, can you treat her for a moment? I am afraid I will have to take a break before I start healing."

[member="Maria Natalja"]

The working of the healer felt odd to say the least. Coci could feel the metal moving under her skin in her flesh, a warm sensation ran through her body from her leg but it did not burn or offer any more pain than she already experienced. But it did feel uncomfortable as the metal formed into a ball.

Coci looked at Maria, watching her face as she concentrated, she could sense the woman working through the force and she is clearly strong and would only grow stronger in time. As the metal ball began to move upward and out of her body, the sensation of it coming felt good, the foreign object had been removed to her relief.

She let out an audible sigh of relief, but concern for the Knight evident on her face, the healing had taken a lot out of her and it showed.

"Thank you Maria", she whispered through a voice still experiencing pain. The droids soon got to work to mend the flesh and relieve her pain some more.

"Please rest up, if you need more energy take it from me".

Maria breathed deeply, trying to get as much oxygen in as she could. Healing was sometimes as tiring as running a marathon, especially if you weren't a master in using the power. She had to admit, even the slightest usage of the Force was exhausting and had an effect on its user. She often wondered how could some use it continuously in a fight.

"Thank you," she spoke after a series of breathing exercises. And after that, she made her way to the woman's leg again. "Thank you, droids! I can perform the operation alone from now on."

After the droids left, she continued healing the leg. It was a nasty wound, but she knew she'd be able to close it. All she needed was some focus and energy. Energy she could be getting from Coci.

So she closed her eyes, raised her hands above the wound again and let some energy of a mixture of blue and green shades fly around the open flesh of the Silver Jedi. At the same time, Maria transferred some of the woman's energy into her own body, taking only the bare minimum she needed. She wouldn't have wanted to damage her body even more.

"I have heard you're now married to Thurion, an old friend of mine. Is that true?" she asked to fill the silence with some small talk.

[member="Maria Natalja"]

Coci was feeling more better. With each passing moment of healing from the Maria, and with the removal of the large lump of metal from her leg the pain had deceased considerably. Coci could relax more and gather energy from the force to help sustain her own level and help in the healing process.

She could feel the warmth of the energy pouring into her leg from Maria, the knitting of flesh to bone, nerves reconnenting felt odd to say the least, but no pain. The droids had done a good job in stablising her and reducing the initial burning seering pain.

However a look of surprise crossed her face as she asked about Thurion. The fact Coci is married to him was not secret and common knowledge, but she had not realised Maria was an old friend. But the surprise was only fleeting, as both she and Thurion have friends outside their immediate circle.

"That is correct, we married a couple of years ago now", regardless, Coci being a Jedi Shadow is guarded about giving information, especially on a personal level, this is only revealed to those closes to her.

Maria could feel the wound closing slowly, but steadily, even though it required a lot of energy and focus from her. Even though she had taken a rest, she still felt slightly exhausted, but didn't want to stop now that she was already so close. She would have to continue, no matter what.

"Awesome," was all Maria could say as a response to what Coci had said. She didn't have the courage to talk of such private things nor the energy to do that. It was better to change the direction things were going. "I have been slightly curious about the matter of... redemption and falling to the wrong side of the Force. How do you handle these two in the Silver Jedi Order? Have you even had anybody fall to the Dark Side in your faction?"

Indeed, she had never actually heard of anybody being corrupt in the Silver Jedi Order. Possessed, yes -- she'd heard about one of them having been possessed by an evil spirit. But she didn't know if any of these had actually joined the ranks of the Sith.

[member="Maria Natalja"]

She was in a position to be able to watch as Maria worked her magic on her leg. The odd feeling she now was used to and Coci continued to draw from the force in order for Maria to take from her. Her mind still able to block most of the pain now set her at ease.

However, her question made her brow knit, not because of the question, but more that she was thinking if they had, yes there had been some that had near fallen, possessed but they were strong enough to pull back from it. The Silver Jedi strong enough to come to the aid of those that are in danger of it.

"No I don't believe we have had Jedi fall to the darkness", she said more smiling now. Not because of any arrogance, but delight. "However, it is a threat that we have to remain vigilant too, not be complacant or else we will loss people". Having said that her mind could not help but think of Master Kawakami, there might be a threat with that one. But Coci will address that at a later stage when she is physically able once more.

"The former grand master, Master E'ron was one that believed heavily in redemption, she would have given everything to try and convince those that live in darkness to the light, and I believe so too does the current grand master", she could not help but smile now. "But there are differing views within the order which is normal. At the end of the day we are but sentient beings, individuals that have sujective views on the matter", she is of course referring to herself.

Maria nodded. They were just sentient beings, everybody with different opinions on matters. She herself was an avid supporter of redemption after having changed sides, herself. There were many others in the Republic who had done that, yet there were also numerous people who had fallen to the One Sith due to all these wars. She had to be honest, the thing mostly responsible for getting corrupted was the endless fight.

"Good to know things are going well in your ranks."

Most of the wound was already closed, she felt that. Thank goodness, because she was already quite drained out of energy. Just a little bit more and she would be able to call that day a success.

"Our grandmaster has been a huge help for those who have tried to redeem themselves. It's a difficult thing to see those who have just come over to the light side being looked at with disrespect by others. I remember the days when I myself were in such a situation. Grandmaster Grayson took me as her padawan. And I know the current grandmaster of the Jedi Order is also trying to bring people to the light side."

She smiled, but then realised -- she had no idea who was the current grandmaster of the SIlver Jedi Order.

"You say you have a new grandmaster? Who is she? Or he?"

[member="Maria Natalja"]

"Master Grayson, is someone I hold great respect for, I had trained with her as well back when I was with the Jedi Order", she grimaced only a little as the healing was almost completed. The knitting of the flesh is not without pain and with her energy starting to wane, Coci lost her ability to combat the pain entering her mind and body. But she would be able to cope with it.

"Maria you are a very good healer, thank you for this. I am please you were here to see to me. It seems there is a lot of work to be done in the hospital on Iego than we were led to believe".

However, Maria's last question made her smile. "The Grand Master of the Silver Jedi is Thurion", she said with pride in her voice. "He was the best choice for the position after the death of Master E'ron".

Coci pulled herself up on the bed more to sit more upright, she reached out and found a glass of water on a side table and drank. The loss of blood and the ordeal had her parched. "I am pleased that I have met one of Thurion's old friends, you must catch up with him at some point I am sure he would like to see you".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom