Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tread softly, for you tread on my...

With a nudge of the Force, he cast his senses over the statues, poring his awareness over them, at once becoming melded to them and yet acutely focused into a pin point of his own self, an odd paradoxical state. But it helped him answer his masters' question, if not fully, than at least a little.

"They are set to ward against those like us, of the Dark Side.... Not a trap, per se, but watchers and heralds. If we cross their threshold , defenses and spirits that may be lurking within will be awakened, and alerted, to us... And it will prove a much more difficult journey. We should evade them or destroy them, though I know not how to do either option."

[member="Darth Shadow"]

[member="Ostanes"]
The Sith Lord stared up at the statues with distaste. Still, he could see they were effective. Calling on the Force he confirmed the Apprentice's judgement.
"I will teach you how to conceal the Dark Side within. It will not be perfect without much practice, but I think I will be able to hide you long enough."
The Sith Lord's Dark Side aura suddenly dimmed, and before Ostanes there stood seemingly a regular Force blind old man. It was the power which Palpatine had used to deceive the Jedi for so long.
"Reach into the Force, feel that power inside you, that darkness. Now, weave a cloak, a shield over it. Focus, dim it down like a fire turned to coals. It will be at your command when you need it, but the concealment will aid you."

Nodding, Ostanes did as the Sith Lord commanded, weaving a cloak over the burning connection to the Dark Side. With this, he focused on hardening the cloak, in a way, shielding and banking the fire that raged in his heart, burning it down to embers as instructed. He looked to Shadow, nodding slowly, and waited. This would undoubtedly be a small test again to the Lord in his presence, a way of seeing his aptitude and readiness to obey. No matter. For now he would do so with a quickness, for he needed the man.

"I am prepared. I shall go first, I assume?"

[member="Darth Shadow"]

[member="Ostanes"]
"Do so, I shall follow."
The Sith Lord followed his Apprentice across the threshold of the warding monuments. Concealing the Force left one momentarily vulnerable, but in this case as he stepped over the line the statues only glowed softly, but nothing more.
Soon they were past them and the Sith Lord could allow his true power to reemerge once more.
"Continue, Apprentice."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom