Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Treachery in the Senate

xGNlPs4.png

Casteban Mecetti stood in the wide public announcement chamber of the Senate building.

He had known this day was coming, and he'd been dreading it. All of his hopes for House Mecetti were on a knife's edge. The ability to salvage recent events seemed beyond him. A dozen reporters were gathered here, from a dozen different holonet news agencies. Cameras were capturing everything, down to the pores on his skin.

"This is a grave day for House Mecetti," Casteban began.

"As you know, my son was recently brought up on charges. Charges I denounced as ludicrous. He was accused of trafficking in illicit Sith objects, and studying forbidden Sith arts. I could not believe it, and was sure that once his bail was posted, he would return home to Obulette to prepare a firm defense against these charges. In fact, he was denied bail, although he told me otherwise, and I sent 10 million credits to him to cover it.

Meanwhile, as the Lord of Mecetti Province, and Governor of Obulette, I stepped into his place as Senator from Obulette. I was recently in sensitive negotiations on Lahopa in the hopes of mediating the unrest that consumed that world.

But in my absence, my son..."

He paused, and his face seemed to wrestle with itself for a moment. The usually stern countenance of the elder Mecetti faltered for a moment. Moisture touched his eyes.

"My son escaped custody, collaborated with traitorous units of the Mecetti House Guard, and stole ships from the Obulette shipyard that were in the midst of a refit. The Mecetti House Guard Navy is well trained, but was ill-prepared for such treachery. Five capital ships were taken, and they jumped out of Galactic Alliance space before they could be pursued.

Their ultimate destination is unknown, but our Ministry of Inquiry has determined- from an analysis of hyperspace trace particles- that the fleet was headed in the general direction of Sith State Territory in the upper-right quadrant of the galaxy.

The Mecetti Fleet has been decimated by this theft. House Mecetti honor has been stained by this act of betrayal. And my own hopes and dreams for the heir to House Mecetti-"

He stopped talking, apparently overcome with emotion.

"There are no words to express my shame," Casteban said at last, "But I vow to all Galactic Alliance citizens that my son will be reclaimed, somehow, and sent to trial for his crimes. And meanwhile, I shall do my duty as the new permanent Senator of Obulette, representing the interests of not only Obulette, nor merely the Mecetti province, but indeed the needs of all Galactic Alliance citizens.

I do not have many years of life left to me. But I swear every hour of every day will be spent trying to make up for this debacle."

He stood a bit straighter, a bit more rigidly, and cleared his throat.

"Are there any questions?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom