Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRANSMISSIONS: My Demons

CORUSCANT: LOWER LEVELS; APARTMENT COMPLEX
OBJECTIVE: LEARN TO ABSORB ENERGY
MUSIC: MY DEMONS by STARSET
GOAL LENGTH: 70-100 POSTS

There was an ability that had been used for thousands of years. When used properly, it could mean the difference between life and death. Many had mastered the art during the course of history. So understandably, the skill had several names. Most commonly it was known as Tutaminis: The art of absorbing energy. With practice, a user of it could take in outside forces, then release them back at opponents. A few blaster bolts could be turned into force lightning. That, of course, required mastery of Tutaminus. Famous users included Grandmaster Yoda, Satele Shan, Darth Krayt, and Revan. The most well-known modern one was Spencer Jacobs. To learn from her would be akin to learning from the force itself- at least when it came to this technique. Alas, Nemesis did not have access to her teachings. What he had was himself. Along with a few training droids, access to electricity, and a couple blaster pistols.

That was good enough, right?...

OBJECTIVE: ABSORB SMALL AMOUNTS OF ENERGY; START SMALL
MUSIC: MY DEMONS by STARSET, ON REPEAT
GOAL LENGTH: 2/100 POSTS COMPLETE

Starting small was a necessity, especially with something like this. Trying to grab unto a lightsaber right away would be insane. And while Nemesis had a questionable level of sanity (he brought his own bendy straw to a bar), he had enough to understand that. There would be no attempt to grab large glow-sticks for some time. Probably not for several months- if not at least a year. He'd start with simple jolts of electricity. Not enough to damage him if he were to fail. Just enough to cause some pain or discomfort. As he got better he'd slowly turn the volts up. Then he'd move on to blaster fire. After that? Eh, who knows. It was best to start small, he told himself. Going big was something he'd worry about later. For now he had a zapper to set up.

About a week earlier he had purchased several items: A bug zapper, a TASER (with different settings), a set of shockboxing gloves, and various wires. With the help of one of his (many) associates he had built a little device. Nothing special, just something he could use to project energy at himself. The system was bulky, something really only good for this sort of thing, practicing Tutaminis and similar abilities. Trying to use it for anything else wouldn't go so well. When set up properly it would release electricity, zapping anything that got to close to it, much like the original bug killer he had bought. This, however, came with various settings.

Quietly he set the device to a low voltage (and a low amp level). This was going to be... interesting. With a deep sigh he activated the machine. Slowly he reached out with the force, trying to find the energy without yet physically interacting with it. Then he moved his hand forward... slowly preparing himself. It took a little while for him to stretch out far enough. But he did. And the shock came.

OBJECTIVE: DON'T FLINCH THIS TIME
MUSIC: MY DEMONS by STARSET, 25TH TIME
GOAL LENGTH: 3/100 POSTS COMPLETED

Instantly he pulled back. A few choice curse words found themselves spewing from his mouth. What had he been thinking?!? Zapping himself like this?... Oh, right, that whole wondrous force thing. The voltage hadn't even been very high. Didn't hurt a bit. It was just... surprising. Who knew it was so easy to surprise the lizard man? Not him, that's for sure. With a scowl he went to repeat the process. This time he wouldn't flinch. For sure. This time he was ready. Electricity went from the device straight into his outstretched palm. Nothing seemed to happen. He felt no additional power, no pain, just a light sting. Did that mean he had failed? Or was it simply to little energy to work with? Already the man was getting frustrated. Another deep breath was taken, and he shot out his hand once more. The zap hit nearly the same spot as before. Now it stung a little more. Still no success. What was he doing wrong?... Potentially quite a lot. No one was there to guide him. There was no one standing besides him to help him through this.

Just like his childhood, he'd have to go through this alone.

OBJECTIVE: GET IT RIGHT YOU FOOL
MUSIC: YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT GOES HERE BY NOW
GOAL LENGTH: 4/100 POSTS COMPLETED

With a groan he pulled his hand back. Again. This had been his seventh attempt. So far he had failed to make any progress. Instead he had merely burned his hand. Now it was time to switch limbs. A sigh slipped past his ribbed lips as he raised his left arm. It hung in the air, refusing to budge. What was he doing? Why did he bother to try? All he had done was lose. How was one more little attempt going to change anything? "Nemesis... Grow the feth up." He growled and thrust himself forward. Both eyes shot closed as a surge of-

No. He had- he had done it! There was no pain. No sting. Just a sizzle of a sound.

Progress was a slow thing. It required patience, and one had to start small.
One step down.
A hundred more to go.

OBJECTIVE: PAT SELF ON BACK
MUSIC: 30TH REPETITION OF MY DEMONS
GOAL LENGTH: 5/100 POSTS COMPLETED

There was a look in his eyes, a sort of desire.
Burning deep inside of him was none other than a fire.
Here he was, a mighty task at hand.
With no master or guide in all the lands.
Nemesis had to take a stand.
By himself.
Now he had succeeded. It was such a little thing, this tiny victory, but it felt like so much. Only a hint of energy had been absorbed... yet he felt like a King. Right at that moment, he was close, close to everything he had wanted. Power. What he had just accomplished was the start of a revolution- a revolution in him. After this was so much more. And so he knew that this was only the start. The start of his rise as a true warrior. As a Sith, as a fighter, as a proud Vidhvansaka. More was to come. That was the best part! Sure, it would be a rough ride, but damn it, this wasn't over! If he could manage this, he could manage more. All he had to do was effort. He'd get to where he wanted to go someday. And he sure as hell wasn't going to let life do all the work itself.

He's the Gore Lord,
King of all Horror,
Power is what he fights for!
And he's never gonna stop, never gonna stop,
Never gonna stop!

OBJECTIVE: GET YER ASS BACK TO WORK
MUSIC: 35TH REPETITION
GOAL LENGTH: 6/100 POSTS COMPLETED

CHANGE IN PERSPECTIVE: 3RD TO 1ST, STARTING...
NOW.

Wondrous excitement flowed through every crevice in my body. Every part of me was rearing, ready to go. Things were starting to fit into place. Just gotta keep the roll going. Don't stop. Keep going. Yeah. That was it. Calmness settled in as I reached out. Before the device even lashed out I could feel the energy. It was there, inside the zapper. Yes. I could feel its readiness. Everything seemed to slow down around me. Good. Without realizing it I took a deep breath and moved my hand further forward. For a moment I swear I could see the energy leaping towards me, rushing to attack my scales. But I was ready for it. The force latched onto the invisible essence in an instant. Together we pulled it in. Darkness held the voltage tight, refusing to let go, urging it to find a new home within myself. And soon it did. What felt like a minute had only been less than a second. Once more I had gained a victory. More electricity was mine.

And boy did it taste sweet.

OBJECTIVE: KEEP GOING, DON'T EVER STOP
MUSIC: 36TH REPETITION
GOAL LENGTH: 7/100 POSTS COMPLETED

This was a sort of rush I could honestly get used to. It was something that I wantedto get used to. Surely I would. In time. For there was no way that victory would evade me forever. But I'm getting distracted! There is much work to be done. More than anyone could ever understand. I must prove myself. I must succeed. A beautiful snarl graced my ribbed lips. Quickly this time I moved forward, pushing myself towards the current. There was a strangeness to this bliss; a kind of instinct to pull away. Just another thing to ignore. Something I could learn to place aside. For what it accomplished was worth far more than the pain. Electricity cackled, striking at my fingers. This time I did not stop at one blow. Four claws remained held in the air. There they were, being zapped, there they were, taking in some energy, rejecting some. Pain was being drowned out by ecstasy. This would lead me to power! Therefore all of it was tolerable! More than just that, it was good. Such discomfort was nothing to worry about.

I will not stop.
I cannot stop.
Not until I can control all of the energy being thrown at me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom