Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transit (Nomad Crew)

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"]

The Nomad and its meager crew of three Mandalorians flew silently through the vacuum. The engines provided the power to push the small craft toward the nearest hyperspace cleared region of the Mandalore System, leaving the lush and fertile 5th planet behind. The home of the Mandalorians for almost 4,000 years. And yet, the three travelers left it behind, despite it being their home.

Verz stood silently on the bridge as the navcomputer and a pilot droid guided the ship's path through the void, watching a screen showing his home fall farther behind him with every second. His strill, Mirdala, was dozing in his quarters, and was one of the few things he brought with him. The others being his weapoms, armor, money and important family documents and items. Most of which were also in his quarters.

Verz stood there quietly, helmet on the console beside him, watching his home move away faster and faster.

Arla had said little so far, silently she moved to stand by Verz watching Mandalore slip away. Her whole life she had waited to go there, to live there, to be counted among its numbers. She left. Why? She looked over at Verz, yes he was part of the reason why. The other part of her reason maybe she could find something of her family. Her green eyes were red rimmed she had spent the last hour isolated expressing her pain.

Arla had very little nothing really except the newly painted orange armor, a bag of pretty rocks, Arrbi and Verz.

A sense of sadness seem to hang in the air on the ship, "We can all always go back one day" she whispered as Mandalore disappeared from the view. "Mirdala will miss the forest" Arla would miss the forest, having grown up on the planet Tattoine the lushness of Mandalore had been the dream come true. Arla looked around for Ordo, where was the other member of the little band.

@[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Arla Balor"]

It was messy, leaving always was. Most people wanted life to be clean and smooth, but sometimes you learned to appreciate the messy bits of your life.
For Ordo they had left a beautiful planer and that was sad but they had entered an endless realm of possibility and more messes waiting to happen.

The Mandalorian man sat in the galley with another cup of caff in one meaty hand and a small sytlus in the other. He was writing a note to someone on his datapad. It was a simple thing if old fashioned but he liked being old fashioned sometimes. His note read:

Hey,

How have you been? I'm leaving again but not for what I used to leave for. I hope your doing well. I hope we get close to your little neck of the galaxy and if we don't I will soon. If you take time to look at the stars today. You won't see us. Haha. But I'll be looking at them too.

Yours truly,

Jasper "Ordo"

And with he sent the message and stood up leaving the 'pad and stylus and walked to the two 'kids'.

They were together, which was good, but sad and Ordo just wasn't going to have that.
"Hey!" He called his deep voice bouncing in the small spaces of the ship as he poked his head in. "Caff is made and I'm making Shatual stew for diner."
He looked at them and turned to go. He called down the corridor after a second.
"They don't get closer the harder you think about them." He didn't know for sure what they were thinking but he knew what they were feeling.

Back at the galley he started to cut and ready the food and hummed an old cantina tune while he waited.

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"]

Verz looked over at Arla. "I know, Arl'ika. I know. But that doesn't help the pain of leaving." He sighed. He had left home before, but he knew he would return eventually, either triumphant in battle or as broken pieces of armor and flesh. But now? Now he didn't know what was in store, and that made him anxious and nervous. All his life, he knew what was going to happen. Be a good soldier, fight on the front lines when needed and return home. Rinse and repeat. But now everything was different.

Verz then turned from the viewport as Mandalore turned from a pebble to a slightly larger spot of light among billions. It really put a new perspective on life. He faced Arla. "I have to ask though, Arl'ika, why did you decide to join me?"

The scene in the ships galley was likely some what comical. A 6' 3" Mandalorian stood over a pot of cooking stew in full Beskar'gam as he sipped the broth to check the flavor. Most wouldn't guess by looks alone but Ordo had sent years alone drifting in search of his lost Bria and when your alone for that long you either learn to do more domestic things or you get used to bad food. Ordo had chosen the former. His scar riddles face broke into a hearty grin as he tasted his concoction.

"Now that's how Buir likes it." He said turning off the cooker and setting a lid on the pot.

He walked back to the central table in the crew lounge area and took up his mug again and sipped some caff. The bitter black liquid sloshed down his throat and he noted that it could have been a little hotter. However he finished it anyway. This was how he spent most days when he was alone. One activity to the next and the the next until finally it was time to sleep, but it had grown harder lately now that he was trying to give up the drink. He was going to find Bria someday and if he didn't he at least wanted to know he had faced life with a clear mind. She would have wanted it that way.

He took up his datapad again and began reading the schematics for the Nomad. Ordo wasn't fond of the droid pilots but ore because he wanted to play with the ship than anything else. He sat reading as he waited for the rest of the crew, and he thought of life love and what they had in front of them. He hoped that, come what may, he could face it and come out the better, and if not the die with a clean conscience.

Arla looked over at Verz, she would answer him honestly, "I have a couple of reason, and both of them are personal" She swallowed hard even though she kept her green eyes on him all the while thinking this could be a mistake what you're going to do but dar'yaim you only lived once.

"One reason is it will give me a chance to look for clues on my parents" She looked down to the floor her right foot digging into the floorboard. ok Arla just say it, what's the worst he will say...barking up the wrong tree cupcake.

"The other reason, well I like being around you." Her eyes softened then did he understand what she meant when she said she liked being around him, as she looked back up. "And this would give us time to spend together too. you know" She half smiled again. "What do you think?"

Arla could hear Ordo in the back it wasn't hard to hear him knocking around, but even he got quiet as if the whole ship was holding its breath waiting for her and Verz to finish their little talk.

@[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Ordo"]

Verz stared out at the black starry view in the viewport, which would soon become the blue infinity of hyperspace. The blue nothingness that was both empty and full, endless and a single point at the same time. What some said no mortal being was ever supposed to have seen. Verz turned his head to look at Arla.

"Well, I hope we can find your parents, or clues to what happened to them when you were a baby." He saw her signs of nervousness, and wondered what she was nervous about. Leaving Mandalore? Traveling the unknown?

"Of course I enjoy spending time with you Arla. And it will be great to spend more time with you." Verz smiled, a small one, but still a smile. The first one since the ship had left Mandalore. "Come on, let's go see what Ordo is up to. Don't want to go crazy looking at infinity when this ship jumps."

Verz knew Ordo would probably be lookimg through the ship's schematics. Verz had known Ordo long enough to know the man loved his ships. He would probably spend his life aboard one if he could. Maybe he would let Ordo pilot the ship, rather than the pilot droids. The sunovagundark would probably love that.

@[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Ordo"]

The Nomad had some nice features and Ordo was thinking about how many Gs the inertial dampeners could take before your stomach did backflips.

Then he pondered the similarities betweeen Love and a high speed barrel roll. Both sure could send a man for a loop. It was quiet but you need that sometimes. It reminds you to stop and think and Ordo, despite popular opinion had plenty to think on.

He closed his big grey-green eyes and listened to the sound of the engines and the soft vibrations that ran throughout the ship. It was its own music. Well music made him think of his favorite song, and that made him want to sing. So thats what he did low and quiet he sat singing to himself as he read. He hoped their stew didn't get too cold

"Me too" she said in regards to her parents, and to the other she just smiled it wasn't a ewww a girl reaction that made him run into the other room, it was the mature yes that she had hoped for. She walked back towards where Ordo was doing whatever it was he was doing.

She stopped and listened, was he singing? Well imagine that the big guy could sing. What was making him so chipper...

"Is he the type that takes things apart and then puts them back together, and has a piece leftover?" You she thought the one piece you need when something goes poof. She smiled and peered looking for Ordo, "Popcorn?" She asked, and laughed.

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Verz Horak"]

@[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Verz Horak"]

Ordo's thoughts had drifted again as he sang an old sappy song that was not Mandalorian and looking at his data pad thinking amorous thoughts that he probably didn't have any business with. He was starting to feel his age and thoughts of a quieter nature with friends and loved ones around had took the place of wars and loss.

When he heard the voice of a woman his head shot up and he nearly jumped out of his seat. Popcorn?

"For Manda's sake kid. Whay are you trying to do to me?" He said trying his best to put on a tough exterior. She better not have heard him singing old love songs or she'd have him by the shebs everytime he played tough.

"You could at least give an old Nerf a warning. Make some noise or somethin." He said

He liked having folks around it made it a littke easier to keep spooled in space. He liked Arla too she seemed like a good kid. Needed to perk up a bit but he wasn't exactly in a position to judge. He had seen some sad days and everything took time. Some things also took good company. Like his Ri'ika she made him feel like a man should.

Ordo came around the table and went to the galley and filled her a bowl and a glass of shiig from the pot.

"Here better eat something." He sat down the bowl. "A warm meal and I'll make popcorn later."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom