Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Trandoshans Breath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create a truth serum that also enables the target a slave.

Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/97087-valorum-asylum-welcome-to-the-madhouse-pm-me-if-youre-interested/page-2#entry1423628

Manufacturer: Slave Train

Name: Trandoshan's Breath

Type of Consumable: Powder, Liquid, Syrienge

Legal Status: Illegal

Affiliation: Slavers

Modularity: No

Ingredients: Black Orchid, Chiggnash Gland, desired manipulators blood, Falleen Gland

Production: Minor

Strengths: Renders target a slave, target develops amnesia when the drug wears off

Weaknesses: Causes intense hallucinations, (meaning if you ask them a question they may tell you a story about last lap land), target can OD depending on weight and amount given, the severe control aspect only last a few miniutes, target may be brought back too via smelling salts, if accidently drugs self catatonic hallucinatory state is expected.

Method of Consumption: Inhalation, Orally, injection. Can be consumed multiple times.

Average Life: 5 miniutes, depending on weight and amount given.

Nutritional Value/Allergies/Side Effects/ Purpose: No nutritional value. Can cause death. Intense hallucinations as well. Truth serum. To take away free will.

Description: This drug was developed in a Asylum. Causstik was victim to a less refined version and eventually upon escape he perfected the serum. This drug in its powder form can be used in bars to spike drinks. Also in its powder form someone could blow it in the face of their victims. The drug renders users susceptible to almost all commands, leaving them at the mercy of whoevers blood is mixed into that specific batch of the serum. (If target feels strongly enough about something they can resist: Power of will) If manipulator accidently drugs self catatonic hallucinatory state is to be expected. Use caution.

OOC: No one including myself can not and will not use this to take over PC'S or established NPC'S without written consent.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Causstik Rahn"]

The important thing to understand here is that you absolutely can't get a thing approved that'll take away another writer's agency over their character. Mind control toxin? Sure, but you've got too much going on here, no weaknesses that would really limit how you use it, and your mind control is way over-the-top. Without substantial edits, this will need to be denied: it's just too powerful to use on Chaos.

[member="Causstik Rahn"]

I think you're looking at a more comprehensive overhaul than that: there's just too many ways to abuse this. If I was to make a mind-control toxin for a slaver, and make it balanced for Chaos, here's what I'd do.

• Several minutes of very strong, but not perfect, control, followed by:
  • Several hours of moderate control
  • OOC disclaimer that this can't override another writer's decision to do what they want with their own character
  • Remove the mutation thing
  • Add a weakness or limitation that affects how well you, the slaver, can use it on someone else - 'control can be broken if they smell strawberries' kind of thing, I don't know. Anything really.

[member="Causstik Rahn"]

Causstik Rahn said:
users total zombies completely loyal

The 'total' and 'completely' need a nerf here. Need some limits like 'won't always obey suicidal commands' or things like that.

Causstik Rahn said:
If manipulator accidently drugs self catatonic hallucinatory state is to be expected. Use caution.
That's a great weakness. List it in your weaknesses plz.

Causstik Rahn said:
will not use this to take over PC'S without written consent.
I'd also include 'established NPCs' in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom