Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Tra'kranak-class Fleet Control Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRA'KRANAK-CLASS FLEET CONTROL STATION
battlestation_essera_by_karanak-d3cw81u.jpg
Image Source: Here
Intent: To provide Mandalorians with a Fleet Control Station for system defense

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Development Thread:

Who Can Use This: Mandalorians
Manufacturer: ArmaTech Industries, Mandal Hypernautics, MandalMotors
Model: Mk1
Affiliation: Closed Market
Modularity: Yes
  • Non Combat Systems can be exchanged
Production: Limited
Material: Mandalorian Steel Honeycomb Frame, Matrix Horizontal Armor, Alusteel Vertical Armor, Mandalorian Steel Belt Armor, Electronics

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Command Station
Length: 2,000 Meters
Width: 2,000 Meters
Height: 1,550 Meters
Armament Rating: 2 (Damaging)/8 (Electronic Warfare)
Defense Rating: 17
Armament:
Hangar:
Forward Hangar
  • Squadrons (4)
  • Freighters (2)
Port Hangar
  • Squadrons (4)
  • Freighters (2)
Starboard Hangar
  • Squadrons (4)
  • Freighters (2)
Minimum Crew: 6,835
Optimum Crew: 37,650
Passenger Capacity: 10,000
Cargo Capacity: 50,000 Metric Tons
Consumables: 8 Years
Maneuverability Rating: 20
Speed Rating: 20 (Immobile)
Hyperdrive Class: None

NON-COMBAT SYSTEMS
Propulsion
Sensor and Targeting
Communications
Shielding
Miscellaneous
DESCRIPTION
The Tra'kranak is a Command Station, built off old MandalMotors designs. Where as the Ara'novor-class Shokita Station was less than half the size, it operated as a large sensor network alongside a group of Ja'hailir-class stations, this station is a stand alone support piece for direct combat. The Tra'kranak doesn't monitor a system, but rather provides battle analysis and coordination to ships in space and on troops the ground.

The Hull of the Tra'kranak is compartmentalized, crafted with a honeycomb Mandalorian Steel Frame. The Build of the hull and internal structure is designed to minimize loss of internal structures and systems due to hull becoming compromised, making rendering the station inoperable very difficult, requiring it to be almost completely destroyed. The vessel has two bridges, both buried deep inside the core of the vessel, one commanding the Dorsal facings, the other ventral facings, and an Overbridge, operating more as a Space TACCOM than a ship's bridge, though it is able to fill that role if necessary. The station's bridges operate the different sections of the station, able to easily communicate with each other, and maintain constant updates on ongoing situations developing in the system. The ship is powered by a trio of Firestorm Isotope-5 Reactors, all separated from each other with independent catastrophic release valves to allow them to be ejected one at a time if one were to become structurally compromised. The reactors themselves were protected by a thick layer of matrix armor reinforced by a mandalorian steel crossweave rebarb for safety.

The exterior hull is alternating layers of titanium crossbeam reinforced horizontal matrix armor, high-carbon, high-density Alusteel plating that has been compressed together with an internal layer of Mandalorian Steel I-beam bracing and a layer of thick mandalorian steel belt armor protecting the internal structure. The extensive hull construction forces the ship to be fairly durable, though not indestructible. While the vessels armor excels at deterring missile penetration, diverting mass driver rounds, and surviving hypervelocity rounds, its nothing spectacular against energy weapons, standing on par with energy resistance to standard hulls.

The Station's shielding is compromised of a single massive shield generator, able to encompass the whole ship in a very powerful Retribution Feedback Deflector Shield, considered to be roughly the equivalent to twice the resilience of the shielding found on the Alor-class Dreadnaught or three times the shielding normally found standard on a station of its size. In effect the shield is a pair of advanced heavy deflector shields condensed into one single generator. The Retribution shield, while in this rare case, very powerful and defensive, is also known for causing an energy feedback against vessels that attack it. Under perfect circumstances the feedback is roughly one fifth (20%) of the damage the shield absorbs at half standard Turbolaser range (Close Range). This feedback dissipates as it is forced to cover more space, roughly one tenth (10%) at standard turbolaser range (Standard Range). At extended ranges (Long Range) the feedback can be as little as one twentieth (5%) the damage it absorbs. As a note, the energy feedback "targets" for lack of a better word, the ship or ships damaging it proportionately to the amount of damage being done to it by that particular ship. It is unable to focus fire, and its feedback can't be built up or charged at a single ship. The Shield Generator itself is buried and protected, however its projectors that emit the shield, like many other large vessels are found on the exterior. There are six total emitters, found one in each main facing, that are exposed if the station is transferring its shields, open to enemy fire. If one is destroyed, that facing is no longer able to be shielded. While technically the generator would still function, it would be unable to emit the energy shield around the station.

The difference between simply using redundant generators is the necessity for the shielding to be generated from a single generator system, as the system is meant to be channeled through an Aegis Shield Transfer array to other ships in the defending fleet, and redundant reactors would limit its ability to donate its shielding. The station features three main Aegis projection arrays exposed on the corners, to offer complete coverage, able to maintain beams at any angles the station may need to in order to project its shields to friendly vessels.

Most of the actual weapons on the Tra'kranak are separated into six facings: Dorsal Fore, Ventral Fore, Dorsal Port, Ventral Port, Dorsal Starboard, Ventral Starboard. Each facing has the same amount of weaponry as the next, with most weapons having a one hundred degree elevation and a one hundred forty degree traverse. This provides very strong defense flak, but prevents the larger weaponry from being able to concentrate and consolidate fire at larger targets. Unless in the very thin overlapping fields of fire (10 Degrees to either side) only a single facing can be brought to bear against an enemy ship. Because the Tra'kranak has only a small number of capital weaponry, mostly on fast mounted turrets, it is not suitable for slugging is out with other capital ships.

Most of the ships capital weaponry is in Electronic Warfare modules, designed to be dorsal, able to target in three hundred sixty degrees. These twenty four heavy long range Jamming Beam Projectors and three Heavy Distortion Projectors allow the Tra'kranak to provide excellent electronic warfare support to a defending fleet, one of its secondary roles. Because of this focus, the Tra'kranak excels against long range artillery, greatly reducing their effectiveness and accuracy.

Fire Arcs
Each Facing

The Tra'kranak is a command station, so naturally, its systems revolve around providing support to a nearby fleet, bolstering their abilities, and offering assistance with battle coordination and tactical analysis. The Tra'kranak includes standard sensors and targeting arrays, both designed for targeting smaller, more agile craft like interceptors, starfighters, and quick moving corvettes. The station's targeting sensors include a Tri-tracker, used to assist defensive weaponry compensate for the use of countermeasures, defensive maneuvers, and anti-acquisition techniques and technologies often found on more advanced snubfighters. A Hyperwave Signal Interceptor allows the station to monitor ships entering and exiting hyperspace within the system fairly accurately.

The Station's communication array is segregated and encrypted, in that its wirelessly received signals are not connected to the same network as its weapons, shields, flight, or any other essential systems, each kept on separate networks to minimize the damage that can be done via slicing attacks, assuming they can get through military grade firewalls in the first place. It utilizes a Ranger Transceiver to monitor subspace communications across numerous channels, running them through data analysis banks flagging communications for keywords, seeking information about possible attacks against the system the Tra'kranak is protecting. A powerful Long Range Frequency Jammer featured within the Tra'kranak can emit white noise, data bursts, and disrupt communication frequencies throughout most of a planetary system when used. This causes those channels effected to be completely unusable for standard communication, effecting friend and foe alike. To be used in concert with this is an LOS Communication Laser array, allowing the station to maintain communications, albeit on a less stable level, with ships it can draw a clear line of sight to within the system. These communications are sublight, and thus prone to seconds of lag when used at extreme distances.

One of the most prominent things about the Tra'kranak is the massive dedicated Mission Control Center located in the depths of the station. Two hundred personnel operate the TACCOM at all times, working in four hour shifts, remaining on alert. During combat, this number increases to four hundred, working from different crew pits. These teams communicate with starfighter units, small fleet groups, infantry on the ground. When dealing with these forces, tactical coordinators have access to live satellite feeds to the situations the unit is dealing with, allowing them to update the group accurately and efficiently, telling company captains about advancing enemy troops, armor groups, enemy fortifications, artillery, troop movements, and transferring them to the appropriate allies when in need of assistance. They are often used to assist in artillery or air support strikes to great effect. The overall battle coordination is assisted by a redundant H2 Battle Analysis computer. The Station's commander often operates from the TACCOM's sister center, the MTAC (Multiple Threat Alert Center), which utilizes a wide range of sensor and data collection units to monitor and process arising threats all across the planet and system the Tra'kranak is posted in. Smaller missions are often commanded directly from the MTAC by the Station's command staff, while in larger operations the MTAC is used to provide the commanding officers bullet points and key information. The MTAC is a fully equipped Operations Room with numerous monitors, data terminals, hologram displays, and data feeds cycling into the room with numerous staff present.

Strengths:
  • Hangar: The most important element of the Tra'kranak is its three large hangars.
  • Defensive Emplacement: The Station is designed to batter down fighter swarms and smaller capital ships, well equipped to fulfill this role.
  • Command and Control: The Tra'kranak excels at assisting friendly ships in battle, providing them with electronic warfare support, reliable communication, jamming enemy communications, shield transference, and battle analysis.
  • Shielding: The Tra'kranak is built to last, most profoundly by its immense shields, scaled down and powerful Retribution Feedback Shields, roughly twice as powerful as the shields found on the Alor-class, or three times as powerful as is standard for a station it's size.
  • Piercing Resistance: The Hull of the Tra'kranak is specifically made to be very, very difficult to pierce with Mass Drivers, Hypervelocity Guns, and missiles, as these are the weapons most capable of extreme range firing that the station will be at risk of, though it is not particularly resistant to energy weapons.
Weaknesses:
  • Immobile: It literally cannot move under its own power. It can spin and reorient, but is a stationary emplacement, requiring it be towed to and from systems, and towed if it needs to be relocated while within a system.
  • Sluggish: It can rotate on its axis, but very slowly, and thus isn't reliable in changing facings quickly.
  • Offensive Weaponry: The Tra'kranak has very little in the way of damaging capital ship weapons, and thus anything the size of a cruiser threatening it can be very dangerous and will likely out gun it.
  • Weapon Facings: Its weapons are arranged in a way that only about one sixth of its weaponry can be brought to bear on any given facing, and its facings have very little overlap.
  • Single Shield: While the Station is immaculately shielded from damage, it has only a single shield generator, meaning any damage to it, could render the station completely unshielded.
REFERENCES
Affiliation changed to "Closed Market" as the Mandalorian Clans faction no longer exists.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Draco Vereen said:
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.ne...mments-welcome/
I see that your last post as of today at 18:24 makes mention of what I think is going to be this station, but the rest of this thread does not seem to be connected with the station. I'm probably going to need to see more directly related work to the development in that thread before I can consider using this thread to meet the minimum dev required for stations over 1000 meters. In addition to that, aside from your posts, I'm going to need to see that people are okay with having their posts used to count towards your development.

Draco Vereen said:
Light Planetary Grade Retribution Feedback Deflector Shield Generator

Can you expand on this some, especially the damage you'd expect it to give? I don't see planetary grade shielding being appropriate for a vessel of this size either unless it was the only feature and strength of this vessel. Please change the scale to standard capital ship.

Draco Vereen said:
Material: Mandalorian Steel Honeycomb Frame, Matrix Horizontal Armor, Alusteel Vertical Armor, Mandalorian Steel Belt Armor, Electronics

Please link the Mandalorian steel submission (found here). It probably wouldn't hurt to link the other materials too, but since they're canon materials, it's not so much of an issue.

Draco Vereen said:
Hangar: Forward Hangar Starfighter Squadrons (4) Bomber/Gunship Squadrons (2) Freighters (3) Port Hangar Starfighter Squadrons (4) Bomber/Gunship Squadrons (2) Freighters (3) Starboard Hangar Starfighter Squadrons (4) Bomber/Gunship Squadrons (2) Freighters (3)

So 18 squadrons and another dozen freighters?

From the Dedicated Carrier template:

This submission's Max Squadron Count: 10, with 10 being the max for a 3,000 meter ship with a low armament.
The squadron count will probably have to be lowered.

Given that submission's limited affiliation, can I see a reference to a Marketplace purchase, a contract, or some sort of proof that the H2 submitter is okay with his submission being used here?

Draco Vereen said:
roughly the equivalent to twice the resilience of the shielding found on the Alor-class Dreadnaught or three times the shielding normally found standard on a station of its size

I'm exceedingly hesitant about approving something that has 3 times the shield strength of the standard even with development. It might acceptable if it wasn't as powerful in terms of carrying capacity or weapons, but as this submission currently is, it doesn't seem balanced to me.

Draco Vereen said:
The difference between simple redundant generators is the necessity for the shielding to be generated from a single projector, as the system is meant to be channeled through an Aegis Shield Transfer array to other ships in the defending fleet.
I'm a bit confused by this section. Can the station's retribution shield cover friendly ships? Or does the station itself have redundant deflector shield generators that aren't part of the Aegis Shield transfer array?

Draco Vereen said:
A powerful Long Range Frequency Jammer featured within the Tra'kranak can emit white noise, data bursts, and disrupt communication frequencies throughout most of a system when used.
Is this expected to have an effect on capital ships and starfighters, or only personal communications?

Gir Quee said:
I see that your last post as of today at 18:24 makes mention of what I think is going to be this station, but the rest of this thread does not seem to be connected with the station. I'm probably going to need to see more directly related work to the development in that thread before I can consider using this thread to meet the minimum dev required for stations over 1000 meters. In addition to that, aside from your posts, I'm going to need to see that people are okay with having their posts used to count towards your development.
If all you want is their approval

[member="Alyesa Organa"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Adelram Thul"] [member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Yall okay with me using the civil war thread for Development?

They are all the ones who posted numerous times in the thread, though there have been threads in the past used for development where express permission wasn't needed. Is this a new policy?

Gir Quee said:
Can you expand on this some, especially the damage you'd expect it to give? I don't see planetary grade shielding being appropriate for a vessel of this size either unless it was the only feature and strength of this vessel. Please change the scale to standard capital ship.
Gir Quee said:
I'm exceedingly hesitant about approving something that has 3 times the shield strength of the standard even with development. It might acceptable if it wasn't as powerful in terms of carrying capacity or weapons, but as this submission currently is, it doesn't seem balanced to me.
Um, this space station only has 120 damaging capital weapons. And those are Light Capital weapons.

Draco Vereen said:
The Station's shielding is compromised of a single massive shield generator, able to encompass the whole ship in a very powerful Retribution Feedback Deflector Shield, considered to be on the low end of the planetary grade, roughly the equivalent to twice the resilience of the shielding found on the Alor-class Dreadnaught or three times the shielding normally found standard on a station of its size.
Already explained its size and capabilities several times, There are plenty of ships with Advanced Redundant Shields, which this is very similar to, simply condensed into a single generator versus several. Spreading it out is a protective measure, there are plenty of ships with multiple redundancies for shield, this doesn't have that. It condenses it down into one very powerful generator, which can be exploited.

As for the damage i'd expect it to give, that's tricky. The wookiee is vague and the game its featured in is tricky, as its a game with stats and such. I'd much rather leave it very vague and up to individual interpretation (Shielding has been used on several subs without needing this explanation. If I say it deals 10% of as much as 20% what it eats, we run into issues in my opinion. I'd prefer to leave it to the opposing interpretation to prevent a form of hit calling where I take X they end up feeling like they need to take Y percentage of X.

Gir Quee said:
Is this expected to have an effect on capital ships and starfighters, or only personal communications?
Yes some issues could arise with Capital Ships and Starfighters. Its just a communications jammer, they exist and have been used several times on the site.

Gir Quee said:
Please link the Mandalorian steel submission (found here). It probably wouldn't hurt to link the other materials too, but since they're canon materials, it's not so much of an issue.
Done

Gir Quee said:
I'm a bit confused by this section. Can the station's retribution shield cover friendly ships? Or does the station itself have redundant deflector shield generators that aren't part of the Aegis Shield transfer array?
Yes, that's what the Aegis array does is project its shielding to other friendly ships. But, in order to be properly effective, the shielding would need to be through a single generator, as the Aegis prevents dual layer shields from being active.

Gir Quee said:
Given that submission's limited affiliation, can I see a reference to a Marketplace purchase, a contract, or some sort of proof that the H2 submitter is okay with his submission being used here?
I'm asking [member="Gerion Ardik"] for his permission now. In the past we've used each other's stuff for our own subs, but for peace of mind, I will ask again.

[8:48:07 AM] Gerion Ardik: Bby
[8:48:10 AM] Gerion Ardik: Of course
[11:59:52 AM] Draco: Okies bby

Gir Quee said:
From the Dedicated Carrier template:
This is very clearly, not a Dedicated Carrier. Also, increased squadron counts have been allowed several times.

From 2.0 a Balanced Space Station is allowed something along the lines of 1050 Capital Weapons, 150 warhead launchers, 180 defense guns. This has 390 Capital Weapons, 948 Defense Guns, sacrificing about 600 capital weapons in exchange for its other systems, and is backed by a 300+ post generator that has never been taken into account. Plus its limited production.

Draco Vereen said:
They are all the ones who posted numerous times in the thread, though there have been threads in the past used for development where express permission wasn't needed. Is this a new policy?
This is pretty standard for threads that aren't exclusively made as development threads (dominions, skirmishes, etc). If you would like to see another example of this, you can see it at work in this submission.

Draco Vereen said:
Um, this space station only has 120 damaging capital weapons. And those are Light Capital weapons.

From a practical engineering standpoint, all of that fancy E-War tech is still using up lots of power equivalent to conventional weapons as per their subs. From a RP standpoint, and this is my personal opinion, those E-War weapons are just as dangerous if not more so than conventional weapons, especially given this station's inherent physical defensive buffs.

Planetary shields are notorious for consuming extremely high amounts of power.
"Planetary shields consume so much energy that it is impractical to keep them powered at all times."
~Essential Guide to Weapons and technology, page 106

Draco Vereen said:
Already explained its size and capabilities several times, There are plenty of ships with Advanced Redundant Shields, which this is very similar to, simply condensed into a single generator versus several. Spreading it out is a protective measure, there are plenty of ships with multiple redundancies for shield, this doesn't have that. It condenses it down into one very powerful generator, which can be exploited.
As per Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology on page 82 and 83, many canon starships have a single shield generator and multiple local relays and projectors that place the shields over the entire starship. Here is the most concise quote out of that section to illustrate that point:

The Y-wing's single Chempat generator uses several projectors to wrap the entire ship in shield energy
In your defense, the classic Imperial-class Star Destroyer is listed in some sources as having two separate shield generators, but aside from them and Mon Calamari star cruisers, having a single shield generator is pretty standard for most ships, which means that I don't currently see this as a weakness. Now, this can be made into a weakness if the generator is placed somewhere where it's possible to easily hit it (a problem with the Carrack-class Cruiser's main power generators), but if it's behind layers and layers of armor, it's not something that is likely ever going to get hit, and thus isn't a weakness.

Draco Vereen said:
As for the damage i'd expect it to give, that's tricky. The wookiee is vague and the game its featured in is tricky, as its a game with stats and such. I'd much rather leave it very vague and up to individual interpretation (Shielding has been used on several subs without needing this explanation. If I say it deals 10% of as much as 20% what it eats, we run into issues in my opinion. I'd prefer to leave it to the opposing interpretation to prevent a form of hit calling where I take X they end up feeling like they need to take Y percentage of X.
I'm aware of retribution shielding's use on past subs. The main issue I see with it here is that the Retribution shielding isn't restricted to a single vessel, but can be applied to cover many different vessels. This is where I see the potential for abuse.

While I agree that we shouldn't get too caught up in making exact references for every bit of minutiae, I do want a rough guide to ensure that this isn't abused by its users or improperly dismissed by writers opposing the station.

Draco Vereen said:
Yes some issues could arise with Capital Ships and Starfighters. Its just a communications jammer, they exist and have been used several times on the site.
I don't have an issue with this having a communication's jammer, but if it's expected to have an effect on larger ships, I'd like to see that written in the description itself. It's worth noting that this will also likely jam communications within the station itself, as per the Wookiee Jammer article.

Draco Vereen said:
This is very clearly, not a Dedicated Carrier. Also, increased squadron counts have been allowed several times. From 2.0 a Balanced Space Station is allowed something along the lines of 1050 Capital Weapons, 150 warhead launchers, 180 defense guns. This has 390 Capital Weapons, 948 Defense Guns, sacrificing about 600 capital weapons in exchange for its other systems, and is backed by a 300+ post generator that has never been taken into account. Plus its limited production.

I'm firm with the 10 squadrons being the absolute maximum for this size. While this station isn't a dedicated carrier per se, it is the closest thing conceptually we have to a station of this nature. If you want to have docking ports, cofferdams, and other like technology that allows more non-combat craft like freighters to dock with the ships, that's fine. But I will not approve it if it carries more than 10 squadrons.

If you feel that this high squadron count is a critical aspect to this submission, you can use your second chance to get another judge to look at it.

Gir Quee said:
From a practical engineering standpoint, all of that fancy E-War tech is still using up lots of power equivalent to conventional weapons as per their subs. From a RP standpoint, and this is my personal opinion, those E-War weapons are just as dangerous if not more so than conventional weapons, especially given this station's inherent physical defensive buffs.
Even with the Ewar, I've still sacrificed between 500-600 Capital Weapons for the auxiliary systems. 390 vs allowed 1050 for a Balanced Station of this size. (I swapped all the Missiles for Defensive Guns)

Gir Quee said:
Now, this can be made into a weakness if the generator is placed somewhere where it's possible to easily hit it (a problem with the Carrack-class Cruiser's main power generators), but if it's behind layers and layers of armor, it's not something that is likely ever going to get hit, and thus isn't a weakness.
In my defense, the Shield Transfer Arrays are noted as being open and exposed in the description. While the projectors for the station itself isn't noted specifically, in cannon sources I am aware of, it is often a Starfighter tactic to jump enemy ships while shields are down and hit projectors. While Starfighters aren't ideal for this station, heavily armed frigates and cruisers are much more likely to manage this tactic. I will add a bit to the description to elaborate.
The Shield Generator itself is buried and protected, however its projectors that emit the shield, like many other large vessels are found on the exterior. There are six total emitters, found one in each main facing, that are exposed if the station is transferring its shields, open to enemy fire. While technically the generator would still function, it would be unable to emit the energy shield around the station.
Gir Quee said:
While I agree that we shouldn't get too caught up in making exact references for every bit of minutiae, I do want a rough guide to ensure that this isn't abused by its users or improperly dismissed by writers opposing the station.
Alright, what do you think is fair here? I would think like 20% at close range, 10% at standard, 5% Long Range in very rough guide line under optimum situations.

Gir Quee said:
It's worth noting that this will also likely jam communications within the station itself,
Yes, I am aware that such a frequency Jammer would effect anyone attempting to communicate on effected frequencies friend or foe.

A powerful Long Range Frequency Jammer featured within the Tra'kranak can emit white noise, data bursts, and disrupt communication frequencies throughout most of a system when used. This causes those channels effected to be completely unusable for standard communication, effecting friend and foe alike.
Gir Quee said:
I'm firm with the 10 squadrons being the absolute maximum for this size.
12 is the theoretical maximum for a Space Station, and I say theoretical because of precedence. Numerous ships have been allowed at higher capacity.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/41883-the-immortals/
15-16 (If you count 12 Gunships as 2 Squadrons) and Drop Ships + Its the most heavily armed ship on the site, 2 Redundant/Advanced Shield Generators)

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/76294-vt-hellion-class-missile-cruiser/
Very heavily armed (Albeit only one type of weapon) 4 Squadrons vs the Theoretical Max of 3, stealth, and Redundant Shield Generators.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/79095-alor-class-dreadnought/
The Alor is a bit more in between, but has a high weapon count and 8 vs 6.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/25468-protectorate-fleetcom-station/
This one is under the 2.0 Guideline, but has 13-14 (If you count 24 Gunships as 3 Squadrons), some interdiction capabilities, Heavy shields, but is standard for weapon count for an Assault Command Station (Which this one is less for a Balanced Command Station normally allotted more Hangar Space than Assault).

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/61953-centurion-battlecruiser/
Fairly Heavy Guns (400/12/198), 10 Squadrons vs 6, Half the size, Interdiction capabilities, Advanced Shields.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/52769-arendal-class-heavy-cruiser/
3 Squadrons of fighters + extras, Full weaponry, redundant shields

My point is, there is reason and precedence to allow more. I'm flexible in the hangar given its other systems, But I do feel that 10 is a bit too little to call the absolute maximum unless it were allowed more weaponry than it currently has. Currently its sacrificed over 500 guns for Heavy Shielding and the ability to Transfer those and its sizable hangar.

How about 12 and I bump from 390 guns to 570 (No more Ewar, I have that like I like it)?
It would still be undergunned from the 2.0 guide (By over 350 cap guns), still be susceptible to mid size capital ships, and still fulfill the roles I want it to. It should be noted, its weapons are split, with very little overlap. 1/2 can fire straight up, but if you come at it from a specific facing, only 1/6 of its weapons can fire at you. Buts each facing at less than Cruiser weaponry (40/158) per facing.
(I have it edited to this, Deck Cannons counting as 2 each for 120, Turbolasers 60, Ion Cannons 60, JBP's 240, Distortion Projectors 90)

Also, I added the thread where Draco establishes Fleet superiority above Alderaan.
And I added the Skirmish on Mandalore. While its not dedicated, its more of a reason for bothering with the station. (There were 3 skirmishes happening all at once OOC and IC in the Mandalore System, which this thing is built to assist indirectly as more of a command and control center).
And again, it still has that unnoticed, never taken into account 300 post generator bling.

For the H2 BAC's
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/38875-hegemonic-automaton-storefront/?p=1202300

[member="Draco Vereen"], my apologies for the wait, but this is something that I wanted to give more thought to before I proceeded.

Conceptually, I think the Trankranak-class's armament needs to move to something close to a support ship of its size for two reasons.

From the Aegis Shield Transfer Array:
Ships that do include the system will be lightly armed at best.
From the Dedicated Carrier description:

The higher your squadron count, the lower your Armament and number of Special Features should be. Bigger ships can accommodate more Armament and more Squadron Count, but will require a development thread once you pass 1,600 in length -even if generic. This submission's Max Squadron Count: 10, with 10 being the max for a 3,000 meter ship with a low armament.
Conceptually since these are inherent weaknesses of both concepts, and they're being put into the same vessel, I do not see why this design would be exempt from these drawbacks. To be clear, I do expect EWAR weapons to count towards this armament rating.

Draco Vereen said:
In my defense, the Shield Transfer Arrays are noted as being open and exposed in the description. While the projectors for the station itself isn't noted specifically, in cannon sources I am aware of, it is often a Starfighter tactic to jump enemy ships while shields are down and hit projectors. While Starfighters aren't ideal for this station, heavily armed frigates and cruisers are much more likely to manage this tactic. I will add a bit to the description to elaborate.

Are the shield Transfer arrays not protected by station's own shielding? Are we talking about this?

Draco Vereen said:
There are six total emitters, found one in each main facing, that are exposed if the station is transferring its shields, open to enemy fire.

If that is the case, it's worth noting that all reflectors and dedicated relays are exposed; this is not a technology that can be buried inside the hull itself. Since that is pretty standard, and thus is not a weakness, especially with the shield generator being described as "buried".

Draco Vereen said:
Alright, what do you think is fair here? I would think like 20% at close range, 10% at standard, 5% Long Range in very rough guide line under optimum situations.
This seems reasonable. I would like to add an caveat of some sort where this cannot use the concentrated enemy fire of several starships to launch one big, consolidated attack. Do this, and this part will be good to go.

Draco Vereen said:
12 is the theoretical maximum for a Space Station, and I say theoretical because of precedence. Numerous ships have been allowed at higher capacity.
My opinion on this remains unchanged. Please let me know when this has been edited to 10 squadrons.

Draco Vereen said:
Also, I added the thread where Draco establishes Fleet superiority above Alderaan. And I added the Skirmish on Mandalore. While its not dedicated, its more of a reason for bothering with the station. (There were 3 skirmishes happening all at once OOC and IC in the Mandalore System, which this thing is built to assist indirectly as more of a command and control center).

At the heart of this issue is that these threads, while they are lengthy, are not involved with the station itself, a similar problem encountered with the Alor. While I can certainly see using some of these posts to count towards the station's development (even strict development threads often have some backstory set-up so that they make sense), I think that at the very least that half of the required development for this station should concentrate directly on the station itself. You have some posts towards that already there with the Alderaan Civil War thread. I'd recommend continuing that plotline.

And again, it still has that unnoticed, never taken into account 300 post generator bling.
Not unnoticed, though I may not assign the same weight to it that you do. I think that the Isotope-5 generator explains the presence of multiple advanced systems: cap draining, ion shielding, advanced targeting computers, communication jammers(which incidentally, are also known for their high power draw).

Ultimately, even with extensive development, I expect submissions to have solid weaknesses.

Draco Vereen said:
Planetary Grade Retribution Feedback Deflector Shield Generator

Please let me know when you have removed all references to "Planetary grade" shields in this submission.

Draco Vereen said:
Long Range Frequency Jammer featured within the Tra'kranak can emit white noise, data bursts, and disrupt communication frequencies throughout most of a system when used

Please change this to planetary system. I can see this device jamming a world, its satellites, and nearby surrounding space. However, if someone is several planets or dozens of planetary radii away, I do not see it being likely this jammer will have the strength to effectively jam them given the distances involved.

Gir Quee said:
Conceptually since these are inherent weaknesses of both concepts, and they're being put into the same vessel, I do not see why this design would be exempt from these drawbacks. To be clear, I do expect EWAR weapons to count towards this armament rating.

As already Explained, I did count those, its still 400 less weapons than it could be.

Having shown you numerous ships with heavy weapons and over hangar complement, if you are requesting a deduction in its already reduced armament and hanger, Yeah, I'm gonna have to second chance this.

Your basic 2.0 Balanced Command Station gets
1050 Capital Guns
150 Warheads
180 Defense Guns

This has
570 Capital Guns
0 Warheads
948 Defense Guns

Total it has sacrificed 400 Guns as is for its other systems and has a specific lack of damaging weapons. There are plenty of ships that have maximum weapons and maximum hangars.

Alright, I've made every edit except for reduction of armament and weaponry.

Current its a Balanced Command Station
Standard
1050 Capital Ship Weapons
150 Warheads
180 Defense

Me
450 Capital Ship Weapons
0 Warheads
948 Defense

The way I've done the math is Convert 75 Warheads to Defense Guns (300), Sacrifice 75 Warheads, Convert 234 Capital Ship Weapons to Defense guns (468), Sacrifice 366. I sacked the Warheads for the Transfer Arrays, the Guns for the hangar.

I'm aware the dev is "Skeptical" But the civil war thread is a Reason of Necessity Thread, proof that such a station could be beneficial, and does have the permission of 3 other writers. Faith was tagged and liked the post, Alexandra posted and gave permission and Kentarch and I spoke on discord as the thread was getting started. So did Alyesa Organa and I, but she's LOA from my understanding.

I might be using the thread to dev something...

Kentarch-02/27/2016

?

Mark (Draco)-02/27/2016

eh, I'm using the thread as a proof of concept for a dev to be added to a more dedicated dev thread

Kentarch-02/27/2016

what are you developing

Hi there [member="Draco Vereen"] I'll be taking on this submission :) This is a very interesting project, well away from the vanilla hard hitting stations!

Development requirements for a station:

5. Space Stations at or above 1,000 meters will always require a development thread. Minimum: 40 posts, 3-4 writers

I can perhaps see the bare minimum for this in: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/80830-alderaan-civil-war-open-ic-comments-welcome/

I see nothing relevant in the other threads so please remove them.

Now the ship itself:

The 2.0 Guide has been depreciated. As you're referencing the "Balanced" template, I shall reference the current Destroyer Class.

Max Squadron Count: 6

I shall also reference your own submission for shield arrays:

The drawbacks are quite numerous. First, the system itself is fairly large, is not to be found on a heavily armed ship. Ships that do include the system will be lightly armed at best.

Vessels with full hangars are expected to be lightly armed. Vessels with your array are supposed to be "lightly armed at best".

This ship is currently very, very, powerful. It has light planetary grade shielding, a very robust hull and on top of that it can apply these shields to defend up to three other vessels. That on its own is exceptionally powerful. Yes you have an exceptional generator, though it is not a blank cheque for super powered vessels.

The 2.0 standards are no longer extant. I take every aspect of a ship to judge whether it can be approved. Based on the exceptional defences, and full hangar you can have the following profile:

10 Starfighter Squadrons
Half of the current armaments across the board

Please do not link any further vessels, but make the required changes.

I would be more than happy to work with you on alternative profiles should you wish.

Raziel said:
It has light planetary grade shielding, a very robust hull and on top of that it can apply these shields to defend up to three other vessels.
Those references were removed as per previous edits.

Raziel said:
a very robust hull and on top of that it can apply these shields to defend up to three other vessels.
This isn't actually the case. The three arrays is for 360 degree LOS. It can supply every ship in range with the Receptor nodes an equal portion of its shields, or just one. (That may or may not be intelligent, as its a situational system, not a WinHammer, itAs it targets more ships, the power is reduced proportionately. IE: Targets 12 Starfighters, each Starfighter has 1/12th the shielding of the Station. It doesn't need multiple arrays to target multiple ships, the reasons for having three were, It has three corners with those disks on the picture, and full LOS as the system requires LOS to donate. Also, as it donates, it must donate all, leaving its own hull exposed, just a tid bit.

Raziel said:
I would be more than happy to work with you on alternative profiles should you wish.
As you will note, there are 3 equal hangars and all 6 facings have equal armament. Its actually really hard to gut 10 into 3 without ugly fractions.
What needs to be done for half the armament and 12 squadrons.
What needs to be done for 9 Squadrons (As it is now) and 390 Capital Weapons and 540 Defense guns (As it is now)
And what needs to be done as it was; 12 Squadrons, 450 Guns, 948 Defense Guns

Just call it 9 and keep the light fastmouts cannons as they are if you'd like.

Draco Vereen said:
What needs to be done for half the armament and 12 squadrons.
10 posts

Draco Vereen said:
What needs to be done for 9 Squadrons (As it is now) and 390 Capital Weapons and 540 Defense guns (As it is now)
Make it unique

Draco Vereen said:
And what needs to be done as it was; 12 Squadrons, 450 Guns, 948 Defense Guns
Unique, 50 posts.

Raziel said:
What needs to be done for half the armament and 12 squadrons. 10 posts
Went with this option. Will crank out the dev by Sunday.

I may in the future make the Unique variant for Mandalore itself, but as one is intended to be deployed to 5-6 bastion worlds, gotta go for limited.

Errr... new templates, not a lot has changed, but its gonna take me a couple of days to get adjusted. Could you give me the run down given the brand new requirements this now has to comply to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom