Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traitor..... Kinda.

Dris sighed as he entered the Jedi Temple's spacious gym for what seemed like the tenth time the past few days. Being one of the few places Dris was allowed access, he spent the vast majority of his time here when he wasn't eating or sleeping. It was strange. He'd only been here for a little over a week and already he was beginning to feel pieces of his former self falling away. The now former Imperial Agent had been set up on his last mission, which ended in his capture, and forced him to make the choice between either getting assassinated by another Agent in a Republic jail or joining the Order.

The choice was obvious.

The Jedi also informed him that he was force sensitive, probably as the result of a mutation since he'd never been drafted into one of the Sith's academies. Dris blamed Mustafar.

After he'd made his choice his life had changed within a few days. He was debriefed and shipped off to the Temple with few zero instructions, where he was restricted access to most of the Temple for obvious reasons until he got a Master. His entire life had been a dorm, cafeteria, and gym. The stares he drew in the cafeteria didn't surprise him. Dris was supposed to be their enemy. The thing they were trying to wipe from the galaxy.

He couldn't blame them, it was just as alien an experience for him. Dris smirked as the pair of guards that'd been shadowing him pretended to be doing something else as he stretched, prepping for a run. He wore a set of fatigues given to him by the Jedi, minus the blouse.

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
@[member="Dris Negan"]

Flint yawned as he entered the gym of the Jedi Temple. He wore his usual tunic along with a long brown robe. Flint walked into the gym, and saw the man that he had caught in the act of breaking into the Senate quite recently. It was beyond him why they had offered this criminal a life in the order.

He gazed, without making a sound, at the man prepping to run. Flint crossed his arms across his chest, simply observing. It had been mere days ago that he had chased after this criminal for breaking into the Vice Chancellor's office. And that chase had involved a free fall from the Senate building. It hadn't been exactly the most fun experience, and Flint wasn't exactly happy that this criminal was residing in the Jedi Temple.

Flint gave a nod of greetings to the guards, who had noticed him standing there. He was here today to judge what the criminal could do. He wondered if this man possibly had any potential.

@[member="Flint Dexen"]

Dris took note of the Jedi who'd entered the room. The same one he'd shot at not so long ago. The thought brought a smile to his face after making another note of the scowl plastered across the Jedi's face like a scar. Such an attitude was something Dris was used too, being around Sith most of his life. The only difference was that Dris wasn't under threat of death for making remarks or comments.

The large track spread before him as he began his sixty-one twenties. Running had been his worst exercise during the early years of training but over time he'd learned to love it. Running was a release like no other.

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
@[member="Dris Negan"]

Flint continued to observe the man, slightly bored. It wasn't like he had expected this to be much fun to begin with, anyways. The Jedi Knight tried his best to keep the scowl off his face, somewhat of a difficult task that the man who had shot at him and caused so much trouble for him was being served food and residence in the Jedi Temple.

Flint then reached out with his hand as Dris began running across the track. He used the Force to try and make Dris stumble and fall, and did it in such a slight manner that it would not even seem as if Flint had done anything. He wasn't trying to make life hard for Dris, he was simply curious if the man was aware of the Force. Because supposedly, that was the primary, more like the only reason, that the criminal had been placed in the temple.

@[member="Flint Dexen"]

Dris felt that oh so familiar tug he'd felt multiple times during the course of his last, failed operation. That karking Jedi was screwing with him again! Even after his victory. Dris hobbled a bit as the Jedi attempted to cause him to fall. Not today!

As time went on Dris seemed to become increasingly more aware of those that attempted to use such powers on him.

He shot the Jedi a rude hand gesture and continued his sets of sprints, feeling slightly empowered. He knew what most of these people thought of him. Criminal. Assassin. Evil doer. Dris still couldn't find a reason why he should care.

He'd done what his government had asked of him and at had one time viewed himself as a patriot before he was betrayed. Dris smirked at the thought of the bloated hypocrisy of the G.I.A, who performed identical missions to those he had but with the strange opinion that they were morally superior.

Killing a man was killing a man. No matter what cause you champion.

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
@[member="Dris Negan"]

Flint simply smirked as the man shot him a rude hand gesture. Flint had been given all sorts of rude gestures over his career as Jedi throughout different missions, so being cursed via hands was not something new to the Jedi Knight.

He slowly walked over closer to the track. "Well." Flint began as he continued to observe the man in custody. "Why exactly is it that you're here in the temple?" he questioned. "...and not jail?"

@[member="Flint Dexen"]

Dris slowed to speak with the Jedi.

"Well according to you fine folk I'm force sensitive and have a type C personality. Apparently that's useful to you guys in a time of war."

Dris began to do reps of push-ups as he continued to talk to the Jedi. The Jedi Shrinks had been ecstatic when they interviewed him, how often did they have the opportunity to examine an Imperial Agent?

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
@[member="Dris Negan"]

Flint casually observed the former agent do push-ups as they conversed. It still bothered him how this man was being given hospitality in the temple when clearly, he had jail time to serve to make up for what he had done. If being an Imperial and a Force-Sensitive gave someone a free pass to break into the Vice Chancellor's office, the world would be one feth of a chaotic place.

"Useful in a time of war?" Flint repeated. It was more likely that extracting information from the Imperial agent would be much more beneficial and useful in the current time rather than trying to recruit an enemy, but Flint respected whatever decision the order had made. "So the question is, are you useful? Where does your loyalty lie?"

@[member="Flint Dexen"]

Dris recovered from his push-ups and grinned, satisfied but a more than a bit out of breath from his two minutes of the exercise.

"Well I'd wager I'm a good bit useful than yourself, no offense or arrogance intended. According to them they can teach me to be a Jedi, apparently I'm not as psychotic as most of my colleagues they've interacted with. That would be on top of my espionage and tech training. Without even mentioning my wealth of inside knowledge on Imp intel. On loyalties....... I'm certainly not loyal to a government that so obviously set me up or allowed me to get set up." Dris said as he grabbed a nearby towel and hydrated with a bottle the Jedi had given him.

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
@[member="Dris Negan"]

"Great." Flint muttered as he listened to the man speak. Whoever the Jedi were that had judged this man on his capabilities or usefulness, had just lost Flint's respect. "So you have no loyalties. Excellent." the Jedi spoke, watching the man drink the bottle of water. "Why exactly is that you need to be trained into a Jedi, though?" Flint inquired, asking a similar question like last time. He expected the man to give a better answer than 'cause I'm special'. Although it certainly wouldn't appear this way, Flint was testing the man's potential into being trained into a humble, selfless, Jedi.

Running and doing push-ups, after all, didn't make one a Jedi trainee.

@[member="Flint Dexen"]
"Maybe you should ask whoever put me here." Dris replied as he began to exit the gym. The arrival of the uppity Jedi had kinda ruined the vibe of the place for him.

Now to his second favorite place he was granted to wander. The walkway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom