Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Training Troublemakers on Tython

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze carefully took the void stone from Cyran's outstretched hand, holding it gingerly between his fingers as he examined its smooth surface. There was an undeniable energy emanating from the stone, a strange vibe that seemed to pulse beneath his touch. As he tucked it into the pocket over his heart, he couldn't shake the feeling that it carried a weight far beyond its physical form.

With a grateful nod to Cyran, Braze met the Mandalorian's gaze with a curious expression. "Thanks,Sensei-Cyran. I'll keep an eye on it," he replied, he couldn't help but wonder about the potential impact of carrying such a powerful artifact so close to his being.

"So, Sensei-Cyran,"
he began tentatively, "what exactly do you intend to teach me?" He was eager to delve into the martial art under Cyran's guidance.

But then, a mischievous glint sparked in Braze's eyes as he smirked... "Or do you just want me to catch you lunch?"

IGqn8QU.png

Tag: Braze Braze

“No you shouldn’t worry about catching any more fish today.” Cyran joked back about catching him some lunch. He was still drenched and would want to change his clothes for something more dry after getting washed into the creek. Moving over to some of the gear he got he pulled out a large, simple bucket.

“Alright listen up, Teras Kasai translates to “Steel Fist” in Basic. We’ll need to work on getting your little hand into a proper weapon. Conditioning it to be as hard as steel, figuratively at least. This is kinda like how I trained under my master. I got an old bucket and got some of this from the beach.” Cyran said as he grabbed a small but heavy bag of sand to pour it into the bucket.

“For now, simply punch into the sand repeatedly. In the meantime I’m gonna change into some dry clothes, and check up on my droids for the next part of your training today.” The bounty hunter explained, not exactly sure how long it should be until all his droids were ready for his little surprise.

"Ahh... ummm okay... Punch it to spear it?" Braze asked, a hint of uncertainty in his voice. He glanced at the bucket filled with sand, trying to visualize how punching it could possibly lead to the conditioning of his hand.

"Perhaps you can show me how it's done first? Maybe I could start with uh... Rice?" he suggested tentatively. "It might be a bit gentler for a beginner like me."

Last edited:

IGqn8QU.png

“Well, you’re probably right, rice would likely be better. But at the same time you don’t need to hit it with all your might, not while starting out.” Cyran explained before hoisting the bucket up and placing it on his small repulsor craft that he brought with him. Using it like a floating table.

“Here I’ll show you some of what you can do. There’s a few simple exercises. One is to push your fingers in and grab at the sand. Or you can keep your fingers together and push them apart in the sand. Also you don’t need to do any of these exercises fast to start off.” The bounty would demonstrate some of the simple exercises, doing another one where he pushed his fingers in and turned his wrist af if trying to twist on or off the lid of a large jar.

“Then you can simply strike into the sand, again starting off slow and. The abrasiveness of the sand helps to condition the skin from the repeated use. Some folks do this for years and have pretty tough hands as a result.” After Cyran explained that he clenched his fist tightly and punched into the bucket of sand, causing a bit of it to puff up into the air from the force of it. Pulling his fist back he looked at it for a moment, seeing a bit of reddening and irritation on the skin around his knuckles. “Alright, so do you have the idea now?”

Braze nodded, absorbing Cyran's teachings with keen interest. As Cyran demonstrated the exercises, Braze followed along attentively, mimicking the movements with focus.

"Pushing fingers into the sand, turning wrists like twisting a jar lid... got it," Braze confirmed, his brow furrowing slightly in concentration. When Cyran punched into the sand, creating a small puff of dust, Braze watched intently, noting the reddening and irritation on Cyran's knuckles.

"Got the idea,"
Braze replied with a nod, his gaze flickering between Cyran's hand and the bucket of sand. "Thanks for showing me. I'll give it a try."

IGqn8QU.png

“Yep, just like you’re opening a big jar, that’s how it was explained to me when I did this. It can really work out our hand and wrist when you’re fighting against the resistance the stand offers. And the coarseness of it helps to contention the skin on top of that. Gotta get you your “steel fist” before you can fight with it. Otherwise you’ll just shatter it, especially without the protection of The Force.” Cyran explained to the boy. Hammering home the point that his body should be properly prepared and conditioned as to avoid harm.

Reflexes were also an important aspect of the martial art. After all, masters of it could contend with Force Adepts even if it was in a limited capacity. It helped to level the playing field, on top of all his tech he could even rival a jedi if Force to. In the background currently Cyran had something planned to train Braze’s reflexes and instincts separately from The Force.

Letting Braze work with the bucket of sand, the bounty hunter stepped away for a moment to place a comlink in his ear to communicate with his astromech droid. “How are the preparations going along the mountain side?” He simply asked, knowing that his droids were crafting up some surprises for Braze later for his training.

Braze did as he was instructed, but his inquisitive mind couldn't stop churning. He looked to his teacher and spoke up, "How exactly does this work against Force users?" Braze asked curiously, wanting to delve deeper into the fundamentals that facilitated such evolution. "Is it by getting in really close, really fast, right?" Braze sought clarification, "Because most Force abilities tend to be distance-based?" He asked, uncertain of the gist of it and how exactly it was successful.​

IGqn8QU.png

“Huh?” Cyran looked back at Braze as they asked what this had to do with fighting Force Users. “Oh punching sand won’t really help you. In fact most of the attacks aren’t what will be the biggest factor.” Cyran replied bluntly. “This is about conditioning right now to get to that point. Teras Kasi is more than just hitting harder and faster. The greatest strength, in my opinion, is building up your reflexes. The strongest pugilist won’t stand a chance against a Force User if they can’t even land a hit.”

The bounty hunter continued to explain to the echani boy. Teras Kasi was kind of about beating the Jedi at their own game. Conditioning one’s self to nearly mimic their own physical aptitude. To a certain degree at least. “Don’t worry though, working on something now to help with those other pillars of your training. Right now I just want you to get your “steel fists”.” Of course this wasn’t the only way for non-force users to get an edge on a force sensitive. Underhanded ambush tactics or overwhelming numbers could also prove potent tools to fight Jedi and Sith alike. “Also I don’t go around fighting Force Users, but that doesn’t mean that it hasn't been incredibly useful for me in my own line of work.”

Braze frowned and glanced at the sand. "Will I mess up my soft hands?" he asked, wondering how much more he was going to need to moisturize.

"I can understand physical training. I think I can blend this nicely with Matukai techniques later on. So bring it on, old man~ I can take what you dish out,"
Braze said excitedly as he returned to his hand techniques, pushing harder and more fervently out of determination.

IGqn8QU.png

“I don’t know, is steel soft?” Cyran asked rhetorically. “Maybe your echani genes will still keep her hands soft and supple.” He didn’t really believe that, but he also wasn’t an expert on all the different “near-human” species out there in the galaxy. He then flashed the boy a look and narrowed his eyes as they called him an “old man”.

“Well I don’t know what a Matokay is. But sure I guess. We’ll see if you actually can handle what I dish out. But you might not get far if smooth hands are your biggest concern.” The zeltron said with a chuckle. Seeing the boy continue forwards with the sand, employing more determination, Cyran commented. “Good work, Soon you should be able to see the other training I have in mind. You’ll probably enjoy it more.”

"Well..." Braze trailed off softly, his brow furrowing in concentration as he continued his martial arts conditioning with a bucket of sand. "I will see when I see then huh Sensei ?" Each movement sent grains shifting, adding resistance to his strikes. Despite the burn in his wrists, Braze remained focused, pushing himself further.

"This sand's relentless," Braze muttered to himself, beads of sweat forming on his forehead as he intensified his strikes. "But so am I."

IGqn8QU.png

As Braze continued their exercises Cyran listened to him talk about how relentless he was. Where the zeltron just rolled his eyes before stepping away for a moment to go check out the waterfall that loomed closely to the small hut that Braze seemed to have taken as shelter for this martial arts retreat of theirs. Looking up at the cascading water and wondering about how he might be able to utilize it for its own unique challenges.

Sometime later in the early evening after exercising with the bucket of sand, Cyran ushered Braze to follow him up the side of the nearest mountain. Where his droid companions had been working all day to set up a plethora of surprises. During the trek Cyran’s confident demeanor was a bit shaken, since he was in an alien world that scared him a little bit. Any place known to be rich in The Force was naturally concerning for him. “Just a bit further. Also this will be a daily exercise for you, understood?”

Braze's forearm, wrist, and fingers throbbed with a persistent ache, a dull discomfort accompanied by a burning undertone that gnawed at his senses. Despite the pain, he maintained a facade of indifference as he walked alongside Cyran up the trail.

"Hmnn? Going on a hike?"
he remarked casually, the words slipping from his lips without much thought. "Yeah... I can do this." His assurance seemed genuine, perhaps unaware of Cyran's true intentions lurking beneath the surface. As they continued their ascent, Braze pushed aside the discomfort, focusing instead on the path ahead, oblivious to the challenges that awaited him.

IGqn8QU.png

It wasn’t all that much longer until the two had reached their destination. A rather unassuming spot on the side of the forested mountain. There they met up with Cyran’s astromech droid, an old model with weathered pink paint over it and a rather tall and narrow head. Surrounding the droid were several emptied crates, all of which contained supplies earlier in the day.

Upon seeing the two of them the droid casually rolled over to the zeltron and echani boy. Chastising the bounty hunter for taking so long to get here with a series of chirps and boops. “Well I wasn’t going to just rocket myself up here, that would set a bad example for my student.” Cyran explained to the astromech. The droid simply turned its back to the bounty hunter, before communicating that the others were ready and in positions.

Cyran looked back over to Braze. “Alright now listen up. You’re gonna get to exercise your reflexes and staminas here. Of course without relying on The Force in any way. Basically your goal is to rush down the mountain side back to your cabin by the waterfall. Make sure you try and do it quickly however. Just keep moving forwards. To make things more difficult I have a number of my pit droids and remotes down there with traps to spring whenever you cross paths, and I know the one I made you punch earlier has been eager to get revenge on you from last time.” The zeltron said with a smirk. “Just catch your breath up here for a bit if you need than you can start when you’re ready.”

Braze frowned at that. " You didn't tell me that it'd get revenge later on. " He complained looking down the steep incline of the mountain. Some sections didn't look like it'd be too difficult. This would be similar to the obstacle course he'd set up for himself that he'd done blind folded. Except he didn't know where the traps and hazards would be... " How... uh... how dangerous we talking here?" Braze asked with the sentiment of a whine to his tones of voice. " You'll do it too... right?"

IGqn8QU.png

“Oh well nothing too dangerous, it’s not like there’s any spike traps. Although if you’re not careful it wouldn’t be impossible to get yourself hurt while getting tripped up by them.” Cyran warned, not too worried about the echani boy getting hurt. After all he was pretty good at treating people with first aid. Skills he had to develop as a bounty hunter that never killed his targets, but could still rough them up a great deal if need be.

The zeltron looked down at Braze over their last question. Was he gonna run down alone beside him too? It would probably set a better example for a student and build more trust.

“Nah, but I’ll watch closely from above. But I’ll help out if it’s proving too difficult. Even though I know you can do it.” The Teras Kasi “master” told his student, expressing a bit of faith in Braze’s capabilities.

IGqn8QU.png

Cyran simply watched as Braze fell back onto the ground. Carefully he stepped closer to the prone boy and leaned over him some, looking down and seeing them napping. The bounty hunter silently wondered if the altitude was too high for the boy. Nah he was probably just trying to collect himself.

Just then his astromech droid rolled back over to Cyran, its photoreceptor looked over the prone child. “Did it die already?” It asked through a series of beeps and boops in what could be perceived in an unsurprised tone.

“I certainly hope not. That would certainly sour my reputation with the Jedi and certainly leave behind a great deal of emotional damage for me to deal with.” Cyran said plainly while crossing his arms. The bounty hunter and droid talked like they were behind Braze’s back and couldn’t hear them.

With a sudden surge of energy, Braze drew a sharp, deep breath. In a fluid motion, his feet kicked up, his back arched, and his heels went past his head in a remarkable display of agility. With astonishing speed, he popped up onto his feet and dove forward, his momentum carrying him into a full sprint.

Downwards he raced, his tiny legs a blur as he propelled himself onward with incredible swiftness. Despite his diminutive stature, there was no denying the power and speed coursing through his veins. With each stride, he closed the distance between himself and whatever awaited him with unwavering resolve.

He was a force to be reckoned with, propelling him forward through any obstacle that dared to stand in his way

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom