Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Training Troublemakers on Tython

wb1.png
TAGS:
Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas
4770ad9128d3972f586b328857b916b1.gif

alexboarder.png

In the heart of Tython's tranquil wilderness, where the mountains paint the sky line, and the air carries the crisp chill of early dawn. The sun, a shy spectator, peeks over jagged peaks, casting a golden glow that pours across the untouched snow. It is here, amidst the serene beauty of nature, that the landscape unfolds in a barrage of vibrant greens and pristine whites, a tribute to the planet's raw, untamed spirit.

Nestled within this majestic setting stands a small shack, its wooden structure weathered by time and elements, yet standing firm like a steadfast sentinel. Smoke curls lazily from its chimney, merging with the mist that clings to the mountain slopes, creating a somber veil that blurs the line between the earth and sky.

Braze, a young Jedi, stands outside this humble abode. Clad in dull simple garments designed to ward off the morning chill, he waits with a patience born of years of training and trials. His gaze is fixed on the winding path that snakes through the forest and the skies above, anticipation and a hint of nervousness playing across his features. Today marks the beginning of a new chapter in his journey, one that promises to challenge him in ways he has yet to imagine.

As Braze awaits Cyran's arrival, the tranquility of the surroundings seeps into his bones, calming his restless spirit. The whisper of the wind through the trees, the distant call of a bird, the soft rustle of leaves—all speak to him.

IGqn8QU.png

Tag: Braze Braze

The idea of needing to go to a world like tython gave the bounty hunter the heebie jeebies. This was a world rich in both energy and history, at least according to legends. Was someone like him even allowed in a world like this? Then again he’d seen some other things as well in the past that he probably should not have. Even Valery seemed to have entrusted him in transporting him to a secret vault full of artifacts. One that he knew was dangerous.

But another thing that irked the bounty hunter was trying to figure out where in the world he could land his ship. [I keep telling you the closest you can land is several kilometers south. Just hurry up and land it already.] Cyran’s irritated astromech said through a series and beeps and chirps.

“No way, I’m not hiking through some spooky jedi forest… damnit Braze, couldn’t you have found a better place to do this.” Cyran replied, muttering the last part to himself. “You know what, screw it, Imma just jump it.” Cyran said as he got up from pilots seat, entrusting R4-P4 to handle landing the ship on its own. If the droid could roll its eyes it would. Grabbing his gear Cyran made his way to the boarding ramp and over-rid its safety settings so it would open even though they were high up in the air. A moment later the thrill seeking zeltron jumped from his vessel and began to dive down to where he knew Braze was waiting for him. His helmet scanning the land below as gravity had him rushing downwards.

Pinpointing where Braze was waiting, Cyran activated his jet pack to make his fall more accurate. The sound of it’s rocket thrusters piercing the rather serene environment. Soon the blackened armored clad mandalorian flew into Braze’s location where he seemed to have a tiny little hut. Not too far from the padawan Cyran finally touched down. After which he pulled his helmet from his head, shook out his vibrant blue hair and looked down at the padawan. It was a dramatic entrance to say the least.

The zeltron’s blue eyes narrowed some as he took in the echani boy. “What’s with all that?” He asked bluntly while pointing out what looked to be a broken arm snug in a sling.

As Braze's gaze locked onto the descending ship, his excitement surged at the sight of Cyran's dramatic entrance. The flair of the jetpack accentuated the descent, turning it into a spectacle that captivated Braze entirely. His admiration was unmistakable, a broad smile spreading across his face as he watched, the performance igniting a spark of awe within him.

"Wow! That was awesome! I didn't know you were that cool," Braze exclaimed, his enthusiasm bubbling over. The admiration in his voice was clear, reflecting the genuine impression Cyran's entrance had made on him.

When Cyran pointed out the sling, Braze's attention momentarily shifted to his own condition. He glanced down, a momentary pause reflecting his brief disconnect with the reality of his injury. "Huh? Oh... right... I paralyzed my arm," he casually remarked, as if the severity of the situation hadn't fully settled in. With a mix of determination and a slight disregard for the gravity of his condition, Braze attempted to wriggle out of the sling, his arm hanging limply.

Taking his limp arm with his good hand, Braze drew it forward, tucking his hand into the front of his gi top after casually discarding the sling. "I keep trying to get it to move, but nothing yet. I've been doing exercises to work my muscles so they don't start to atrophy... The doctor told me I was better off amputating it and replacing it with a mechanical arm. I can't bring myself to do that. It's served me great all my life, after all," he shared, his tone laced with a mix of resignation and stubborn hope.

IGqn8QU.png

Hearing Braze’s admiration made Cyran smirk some at the boy. Aerial maneuvering had always been a favored part of his skill set. It was difficult for him to learn, but was more than worth it now. He listened closely as Braze explained what was wrong with their arm. It was paralyzed, something bad must’ve happened between now and the last time they met.

The zeltron brought a hand to his chin and thought. “Well that sorta throws a wrench into some of the plans I had here. But…” His voice trailed off, knowing that this was only a hurdle and that would need to be overcome. “We’ll be fine I’m sure.”

The bounty hunter took in what the padawan said about not wanting to get his arm removed and replaced. Nodding some, it was actually a sentiment he could empathize with a good deal. “I get that, there’s been plenty of times I’ve gotten hurt too. But I always avoided cybernetics, even when they likely could’ve been a huge benefit for me.” Cyran admitted, mentioning how he himself has also forgotten the prospect of augmentation. “I just need to be mindful of what you’re capable of and work with and around that.” He said encouragingly.

“Oh and speaking of your capabilities…”

Cyran began to open up a large satchel he was carrying. Once he was done he pulled out a rather tacky looking jacket that was stuffed in it. “According to some research I did, this ysalamir jacket should help manage your Force Abilities. If i’m gonna teach your Teras Kasi, you’re gonna learn it without being able to rely on your powers.” Cyran explained before handing over the rather unflattering jacket over to Braze to wear. He didn't mention the fact he got this off of one of his previous bounty targets.

Braze's voice carried a firm resolve, a plea for normalcy in the face of his challenges. "Don't treat me any different. I don't want to be viewed as handicapped," he asserted with a desire to stand on equal footing with those around him, unencumbered by pity or lowered expectations.

His gaze then shifted to the jacket presented to him, his expression morphing into a frown at the sight of its unappealing design. "I could just... not use the force, you know..." Braze mused, his voice trailing off as he scrutinized the garment with a critical eye. T

"Won't I get overheated if I wear something like that?" he questioned, voicing a practical concern that went beyond mere appearances.

IGqn8QU.png

Cyran could understand the boy’s desire to not be treated differently for their handicap. Sensing how they wanted to be seen as an equal to anyone else. “I’ll keep that in mind Braze, but remember, I’m here to teach you, not make you comfortable by reaffirming how you wanna feel about yourself. Teras Kasi will transform you if you stick with it and take the art seriously.” Also Cyran foresaw that it would be rather unkind of rude to demand or ask things of Braze that couldn’t be done. Such as maneuvers that required two arms to accomplish. He just hoped that Braze wouldn’t mind the necessary modifications that would need to occur for them.

He frowned some back to the echani padawan as they seemed disinterested in the jacket.
“Oh come on don’t be like that. I was lucky enough to find one that could even fit you since I got it off of a jawa.” Cyran was clearly proud of his resourcefulness. “Also this is to prevent you from even accidently using The Force. You might feel like your arm is the biggest concern for my lessons. But it’s managing your super powers that I wanna remedy. Remember, this is an art about leveling the playing field with Force Adepts. You should know what people who trained before you that didn’t have super powers had to go through to become masters of the art. My teacher wasn't Force Sensitive and neither am I.” The bounty hunter explained to Braze as he handed them the shirt.

He stepped over to the small shake near them, casually starting to remove his jet pack, vambraces and other gadgets. If he was gonna show off the awesomeness of Teras Kasi in his instruction, he shouldn’t rely on his tech anymore than Braze might on The Force.
“It’s alright if I leave these here right.” He asked as he set the stuff down in an organized pile. The only thing he kept on him was his blaster pistol holsted to his belt. He wasn’t foolish enough to go completely unarmed on a spooky planet like Tython. “And if it gets too hot… uh, just don’t close up the jacket, or maybe tie the sleeves around your waist.” The Zeltron answered with a shrug, clearly not having considered the idea of it getting in the way like that. "Hmm, maybe I can call this little makeshift school of ours something cool. Like Ysalamir Claw Dojo... nah that's lame" Cyran said softly, muttering to himself. He also wasn't even sure if Ysalamir had claws. "Ooo, maybe "Way of the Ysalamir" that has a cool ring to it. Maybe I could use that."

"Sure, that's fine," Braze said as he dropped the weird lizard skin jacket. "Nah, I got better plans," he added, moving to draw his tactical knife. Kneeling down, he set a knee on the jacket and picked up a sleeve, biting into it. He then sawed through the leather at the shoulder seam with the knife, keeping the sleeve taut between his teeth and knee. He repeated the process on the other side and seemed pleased with his handiwork, now pulling on what was once a jacket but now resembled a vest.
"Alright, I understand. No force powers. I wish I knew you wanted that earlier; I could have brought my void stone pebble," he trailed off.

"That's a neat name, Sensei Vaas... It's what we sometimes call Makashi or the Contention form... It's one of my favorite lightsaber forms," Braze offered.

"Hey... actually...I wouldn't mind being a Void Disciple.... or maybe even the way of the Forceless Flow. Maybe even something like Kenkai no Do, or like Kaito Ken or even Kyodai Kai. I suppose it would depend on what you want to convey or what principles you want to hold highest."

IGqn8QU.png

Cyran simply watched with a puzzled expression as Braze kept down on the jacket and bit into the sleeve. Wondering what the boy was trying to accomplish. But cringed a little as he saw Braze start cutting and ruining the jacket. Turning it from a tacky jacket into a tacky vest instead. At least he didn’t pay for the jacket, since he understood them to be quite expensive.

“A void stone pebble? I don’t know what that is.” He replied before hearing Braze’s response to the name he suggested for this training. Feeling a bit dejected after learning that the name “Way of the Ysalamri” was already in use by Jedi, which just so happened to be the boy’s favored fighting style.

“Hmm, I guess we can work on it. Void Disciple kinda sounds a little menacing though. But Forceless Flow actually doesn’t sound too bad either.” Cyran said back, the other suggestions kinda went over his head however and didn’t know what they meant. “I guess what just makes this training unique is that I’m requiring that a Force Sensitive like yourself remove that asset while training.”

The bounty hunter then thought for a moment. Wondering how they should get properly started here now that he removed virtually all of his equipment except for his blaster. Not wearing all that bulky gear also allowed Braze to get a better view of Cyran’s muscular form. Achieved in no small part due to his proficiency of the martial art in combination with the tough training that his wife subjected him to. Before today Cyran took the time to review his old mentor’s training program to figure out how to adapt it for Braze.

Last edited:

wb1.png

TAGS:
Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas
alexboarder.png

Braze's explanation was simple yet filled with a sense of wonder, "It's like a rock... that can dampen the Force powers of Force-sensitive individuals." The concept seemed almost magical to Braze.

He then turned his attention to his new mentor, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "Well, I'm sure whatever you decide will be great, Vass-Sensei. You could even call it Cyran-Do; like the way of Cyran," Braze suggested, his voice carrying a tone of admiration. It was clear he held a respect for Cyran, seeing him as a figure worthy of having a martial art named in his honor.

Braze eagerly awaited the next steps. "So where do I start?" he asked, his posture leaning slightly forward.

IGqn8QU.png

“Oh dang… Really? That sounds pretty cool.” Void stones were probably common knowledge for a fair few Mandalorians. But Cyran had always remained as more of an outsider to the larger culture. Something he shared with the clan he married into.

“Um, I don’t know. Cyran-Do makes me sound kinda self important. Now lemme think on how to start things off.” As Cyran spoke his removed vambrace had a robotic voice speak from it. It was his astromech droid letting him know that the ship had landed safely now and had sent him coordinates of the location.

“Well when i learned Teras Kasi from my mentor. The more metaphysical aspects were sadly more of a secondary part of the training and the physical took more of the focus. I imagine that being trained as a Jedi has honed your reflexes to a frightening degree. I guess we need to see now how well you can keep them without The Force.” Thinking for a moment Cyran looked over to the creek flowing from the nearby waterfall.

“Why don’t you go catch some fish with your hand. In the meantime Imma go to my ship and bring some more tools and equipment to help us out.” As Cyran spoke he looked up at the waterfall. Getting some ideas on using it as a test for Braze.

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png
dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

"Cyran-do just means... way of Cyran. " Braze offered calling after the man. Braze found the concept of starting martial arts training with fishing to be quite peculiar. Nonetheless, he held trust in his instructor's methods and decided not to voice any objections. Making his way to the water's edge, he removed his boots and set them aside before attempting to catch some fish. Admittedly, performing this task with only one arm presented its own set of challenges, but Braze was increasingly viewing his physical limitation more as an excuse than an actual impediment. He was determined to move beyond excuses.

Despite his efforts, Braze found himself consistently scaring the fish away, striking too slowly, or failing to hit the correct angle. He pondered that utilizing the Force would have made the task more instinctive, allowing him to sense the optimal moment and location for each attempt. However, he noticed something peculiar about the water's surface; it seemed to distort the reflected images, bending the light and misleading his perception.

This realization, while insightful, didn't immediately improve his ability to pinpoint the fish's actual location beneath the water's deceptive surface. Braze considered constructing a trap from rocks, a strategy that might have been more straightforward, but he remembered Sensei Cyran's specific instruction to rely on his hands alone. Resigned to the fact that success would require patience and persistence, Braze focused on the task at hand, determined to learn through trial and error.

As he paused, examining the distorted reflection of his arm under the water, Braze studied the bending light, fascinated yet frustrated by the optical illusion. The water's playful trickery with the light's path offered him a moment of reflection on the nature of perception and reality, a lesson that extended beyond the immediate challenge of catching fish. Things were not always what they seemed.

IGqn8QU.png

After Cyran had walked off to get back to his ship and bring back a bit more equipment, Braze was left to their own devices. The small fishes that swam around him were either disturbed or intrigued by the echani boy’s invasive presence. Often getting closer to him under the water only to back away instinctively once they saw a twitch in his muscles and limbs.

However, Braze would feel a slight pressure against one of his legs. Where a notably bigger fish kept pumping against and toothless gnawing at the boy. Seemingly very territorial and taking great offense to Braze’s intrusion. But couldn’t hurt the padawan in any way. It more so annoyingly knocked into his leg on repeat. The fish was quite pale and shiny, but had a vibrant orange streak along the length of its scaly body.

It wasn’t long before Cyran got back to the little shack. This time with his tiny repulsor vehicle hoving closely behind him and carrying a large stuffed duffle bag. Cyran also carried a large heavy backpack as well. Equipment to help both of them on their little journey here. Looking over at Braze in the water the pink man called out. “I’m back! Did you catch any?”

As Cyran returned, laden with equipment, he found Braze in a rather comical predicament. The young Padawan, determined to make the most of his time alone, had somehow managed to corner the most belligerent carp in the pond. With a triumphant, albeit slightly strained, grin, Braze was kneeling by the water's edge, wrestling to scoop up the feisty fish.

"I don't think this guy counts; he's practically asking to be caught," Braze declared, his voice strained under the effort of holding the wildly flapping carp. The fish, seemingly offended by its capture, was putting up a valiant fight, flopping aggressively under Braze's arm and occasionally smacking him in the face with its tail.

Braze, with only his right arm to rely on, was doing a precarious dance of balance and strength, trying to subdue the carp without dropping it or, worse, toppling into the water himself. The sight was undeniably hilarious - a Jedi Padawan, supposedly adept in the ways of the Force, engaged in a slapstick battle with a fish that had no intention of going down without a fight.

IGqn8QU.png

Hearing Braze’s response, Cyran raised a brow. A fish asking to be caught? The idea alone was intriguing to him. Even Braze didn’t seem to think that catching the carp would even count. The bounty hunter eventually set his extra gear down and made his way towards the flowing water where Braze was struggling.

Although virtually harmless, the fish continued its aggression even as Braze managed to hoist it out of the water. Flapping and wiggling feverishly in its underdog, david vs goliath struggle against the padawan. The sight of it trying to relentlessly slap Braze’s face with its tail fin got a good laugh out of Cyran.

“Wow, how in the world did you manage to do this? I didn’t expect the fish to get this angry with you.” There undoubtedly had to be a reason as to why the carp was so upset with the padawan. “Based on how much of a fight it’s putting up, I think I’ll need to count this as a catch.” Cyran said while chuckling some more before turning back to some of the gear he brought. Going through one of the overstuffed backpacks.

Braze, feeling a connection with the water around him, gently released the creature he had been holding back into its natural habitat. With a playful glint in his eyes, he gestured towards Cyran, mimicking the motion of using the Force to create a splash, fully expecting nothing to happen. To his utter astonishment, his actions triggered a powerful response from the water. A large wave, much bigger than he anticipated, surged up as if answering his call, gathering momentum before crashing towards Cyran with surprising force.

Braze's eyes widened in disbelief as he watched the water obey his command, realizing the extent of his connection with the Force in that moment.

IGqn8QU.png

Cyran was not prepared to have a wave suddenly crash into him. But he reacted quickly pushing his backpack and the gear he had away from the impact as the heavy water washed into him. At first he didn’t make the connection that it was conjured by Braze. The wave slammed him into the ground and dragged him into the creek as it flowed back to the body of water.

The zeltron then stood out of the water. Violently coughing and sneezing after having a bunch of water rush into his nose and choking him. “Ack! W-What the hell was that?!” He said, still somewhat in disbelief over what just occurred. Cyran than shot a glare and Braze and stepped through the water towards him. Quickly realizing that the wave would have only been summoned by Braze.

Grabbing Braze by the collar of their lizard skin vest he shook the young padawan angrily. “What was that for you little brat? I decided to come all the way out here for you and this is the thanks I get?!” Realizing the vest he was currently clutching Cyran stopped for a moment and narrowed his eyes. “Wait a minute, you shouldn’t be able to do that. Not while wearing that.” Cyran said he knew that it was genuine as well, having it appraised by a trusted source. But still it didn’t seem to have done anything to suppress Braze’s connection to The Force.

Braze's eyes widened as he witnessed the unexpected outcome, momentarily stunned by what had transpired. Before he could gather his thoughts enough to apologize, Cyran approached him. Panicked, Braze attempted to flee, but he was too slow and Cyran caught him easily. He squirmed and flailed in Cyran's grasp, blurting out an apology. "I'm sorry! I didn't think that would happen!" he squeaked, desperately trying to break free. "Are... are you okay at least?"

IGqn8QU.png

Hearing Braze’s panicked response Cyran ceased his aggressive shaking of the boy. Letting out a loud huff before letting go. “Yes I’m fine, I’m just more worried about the-” The zeltron then snapped his attention back to where he got hit by the wave. Suddenly he began to rush away from Braze in the thigh high water. Scrambling out of the creek and back to where he set his gear. “I swear if you ruined my stuff… why I’m gonna-”

After checking the gear he let out a sigh. Thankful to find that he got it out of the way just in time from the wave crashing into him. “You’re lucky Braze, otherwise your first week of training would be racing around Tython to get as much rice as possible.” Cyran commented, as a way to dry out his tech and gear as he sat himself down on the edge of the creek, rubbing his nose some from the lingering stinging sensation of so much water getting rushed into his sinuses. “So… it seems like that new vest of yours is useless. I guess we’re gonna need to use your ‘void stone’ or whatever it was called.”

Saying that outloud an idea etched itself into his mind. “Hey… that might be a cool name. The Void Fist Style. That kinda has a cool ring to it.”

Braze fought back a wave of giggles and laughter as he idly played with the water, running his fingers through it and lightly splashing at Cyran. "Hmnn~? Oh, sure... I can go get it. Aether is watching it," he chirped before clamoring out of the water and darting off to fetch the item. With a quick return, he presented the small round orb to Cyran, a playful grin on his face. "Here, take a look," he said, holding it out for Cyran to inspect.

As Cyran held the void stone, a peculiar sensation enveloped him. The small artifact, emanated an eerie energy that seemed to disrupt his connection to the Force. Despite its modest size, the stone carried a weighty presence, instilling a sense of foreboding. Cyran couldn't shake the feeling of being drawn in by its allure. It was as if the stone held secrets from another realm, tempting yet perilous.

IGqn8QU.png

Cyran hadn’t actually expected Braze to have the stone here with him. Thinking that the boy must’ve had it somewhere else. He was also a bit surprised to hear Braze giggling some, after feeling a bit bad over his tiny outburst of frustration. With a curious gaze he picked up the void stone to look over it closely.

There was a strange vibe that it oozed. The bounty hunter wondered if it was even ruining his own connection to The Force. Since he at least understood that just about everything had a presence within the metaphysical energy field. But he was not someone who had any sensitivity to it. So the eeriness of it was mild at most for him. But for someone like Braze, it might be much more profound. He wondered if it would be possibly unhealthy for the echani boy to remove him from his connection for prolonged periods of time.

He would leave it to Braze, trusting his student to bring up any issues that he couldn’t see himself. Cyran would bring the stone back down to Braze for the boy to take back. “Okay, we’ll see how this works. But let me know if it’s causing any serious issues for you.” As a mandalorian who has his own reasons to disdain Force traditions, he could see the appeal of utilizing such a resource. Likely equalizing the difference between a Force Adept and most other people in the galaxy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom