Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training in the Dark arts

Ardana had felt a growing hatred for Jedi, Smugglers, Thieves, and almost everything in between that had a pulse and was not aligned with the Sith; ever since her time in the temple ended long ago. However, now the time had come to put that hatred to better use and to receive official training...from one with much more experience in the ways of the Sith.

She had been advised to see the Sith Knight Arturious Engel, in his training room in the Academy. Anxious to meet her new soon to be trainer, she walked too the doorway of the room, seeing Arturious in all his glory. "You must be Engel, I was told to meet you here to receive further training."

[member="Arturious Engel"]​

Arturious Engel

A
[member="Ardana 'nilim"]

Arturious turned from the weapon's rack he had been wiping down the room reeked of blood, sweat, burnt flesh and other things best left unsaid.

"And you would be?"

Arturious tossed the rag in his hand into a nearby bucket taking a few steps forward stopping in front of the woman looking at her with an inquisitive gaze.

Ardana had been staring at the rack when he had asked the question. Although intrigued by its condition, she felt it would be better to simply wait and find out more in time.

"Ardana...Ardana 'nilim. I'm a new arrival at the order".

[member="Arturious Engel"]

Arturious Engel

A
[member="Ardana 'nilim"]

"Another new arrival looking to be the next Dark Lord of the Sith I take it." "So why me and why should I share any knowledge I have with you?"

Arturious wandered over to of the empty racks leaning against it turning to watch Ardana and listen to what she says.

She stood against the wall to answer his questions. "I come to you, because I've no where else to go. I come to you because I've grown tired of... of traveling, around the galaxy, running among the dirt and filth of the cities, merely surviving in OUTLANDISH! WORTHLESS! VILLAGES!". While speaking, she had turned to face the wall in her anger, her eyes gleaming a fluorescent yellow, fists clenched tight enough to draw blood it seemed.

She released her fists and took one deep breath, in and out. Dropping to a more vulnerable state, she started again, "Forgive me, that is a time I must forget. But my good sir, it would be quite in your favor to share your knowledge with me...for I can be of use to you. Be it whatever desire you should have. I was once told...a leader isn't a leader, without some followers."

Arturious Engel

A
[member="Ardana 'nilim"]

Arturious chuckled.

"The dirt and filth is the best place to learn things people don't want you to know and there is nothing wrong with surviving." "It is wise to remember those times for it is only those that have embraced the dirt and the filth that truly appreciate being free of it." "Hold on to those memories they will serve you well through out not only your training but beyond."

Arturious smiled picking up a nearby training saber and starting towards Ardana.

"So you believe you can be of use to me, knowing nothing more about me than what rumors you may have heard around the Academy."

Arturious brought up the saber in a traditional Form II salute.

"Show me." "If you can land a hit then I will teach you what I know and we will see what use you will be to me."

Using the force, she brought another training saber to her hand and raised it in a Soresu opening stance. Thinking about the fight to come, Ardana hoped she had not grown too dependent on her abilities with the saberstaff, and could still rely on older training with the single blade. Moving silently around the room, she waited for the Knight to make the first move.

Arturious Engel

A
[member="Ardana 'nilim"]

Arturious waited and watched smirking at the choice of the Soresu stance circling Ardana for a moment.

"I have a life time to not let you hit me?" "Do you have a life time to see whether or not I decide to train you?"

Arturious blasted a short bolt of lightening at Ardana before pointing the training saber at her chest high.

"Take your best shot young one and make it count." "I have two other students competing for my time."

She knew now that being defensive was simply useless in this matter. Angered by the lightning blast, she lowered her saber from this foolish stance, and instead lunged for Arturious in a more aggressive attack, holding the saber at her side and aiming for his midsection. She yelled in a high, almost growling voice as she made to hit, using her hatred in the force as her teeth were bared and eyes gleamed a sulfuric yellow.

Arturious Engel

A
[member="Ardana 'nilim"]

Arturious chuckled as Ardana charged at him with such reckless abandon. Side stepping Arturious knocked the saber off target flicking his wrist to tap her on the shoulder with blade of his own saber.

"Going to have to do better than that." "Loss of control is a sure path to defeat." "Control your emotions and you control your actions."

Arturious smiled.

"Again."

Ardana was thrown back to the edge of the room, yet not far from Arturious. The words repeated over and over in her mind. "Control your emotions....control your emotions." She felt as though she had been told this her whole life, Jedi and Sith alike. Yet he was right, she wasn't ever going to get anywhere with shear anger and a blade. Dropping her head back, Ardana took a deep breath in through her mouth, out through the nose.

"Think strategically...no shear power" she thought in this moment. The fingers in her left hand moved up and down repeatedly, as if they were a set of stairs, rising up and falling down all at the same time. In an attempt to surprise him, Ardana spun around to face Engel and brought the saber up from the left in a diagonal motion, all in a quicker, rapid series of movements. She wasn't going to let this chance slip away so easily.

Arturious Engel

A
[member="Ardana 'nilim"]

Arturious flipped his grip of his saber reversing it bringing it up to block the strike in an effort to momentarily lock their sabers taking his foot and slipping it behind Ardana's lead leg in a weeping motion to take ever off her feet bringing his saber up once the saber lock broke to swinging down to catch her in the torso as she fell.

Defeated...one too many times for her liking. No, stalled. She preferred the word more so, for it described the actions of this Sith Knight as he deflected her this way and that. He was merely postponing the inevitable in her mind, that sweet feeling of a hit at this experienced duelist. She had been touched by the cursed saber once again, but this time it had felt different..when noticing her chance for revenge like no other.

Lying on the ground before Arturious, she immediately thrust her two feet forward to take her target off balance as he had done before. Bringing her own body up as fast as she could, Ardana swung the saber from her side in a diagonal swipe while dodging the falling Sith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom